47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins

***Wonderful...let me tell you something...there is a time and place for everything, this is not that place. charity or not, your still sending out a promotional posting. radio station give things out all the time, pay thousands to charity, but you can rest assure they will have the logo of the station all over the place.

bottom line is, nothing of this sort belongs on this page...period. you take things to the extreme with everything said. I have to get up early in the morning so I don't have time to do post after post explaining things to you....it doesn't B-E-L-O-N-G on here......

Maybe you should be telling these things to BK.

I am not the Evil One, nor am I the first joker around here to go off-topic occasionally. And the next time that Meyer goes with a long all-caps post that is nothing but insults, and has nothing to do with Cooper...make sure you say something about that, too. It's been his only reason for existence here for a while now. Fair is fair.

Robert, you seem to be missing the point once again. BK is not advertising anything. there is nothing in the rules about "story telling" Quade feels that BK has a right to tell his story. I disagree with this point because he has been caught so many times being deceptive it's nothing but a story.

why do you think you are being picked on by so many people? could they all be wrong and Mr. Blevins is always right? I wouldn't count on that. even when you are wrong you feel the need to continue pushing the issue causing post after post about something you are wrong on. case and point would be this post.

I am far from perfect. I have been called many names on here, but I don't let it get to me. I try my best to help resolve things that are relevant to the topic at hand. I have two other Cooper pages off this thread, but do not link them for personal gain or money. I try to explain things to you without the name calling and bold letters etc. etc. but you do make it very hard to hold back I must admit.

perhaps you could take the money you claim you are making from this site and put it into advertising on the side or bottom of this thread? or would this bust the bank in your part time gig?

now, this will be my last post about this issue, after all it's "off topic" to begin with. let it go..........
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I do not have any Dewey Cooper military records.

He was living in Sacramento, California (home of McClellan Air Force Base)
during the periods of late 1958 and late 1960. He would have been in his mid-20's. See Attachments.

It is good to know tracks of the so-called accomplice.

Jo Stated:

The case is being CLOSED. We do NOT know if it being closed as solved or what terminology they will use...'

Jo Will Clarify that statement:

I was not personally told this, but am NOT aware when this happened. I do not know if the person who told me stated the exact wording. There is someone on this thread the statement was made to. I would appreciate it if he would come forward and talk about his visit with an FBI agent within the last 2 wks.

Ok, OTHER POSTER - tell us your story about your meeting with an FBI agent of record in Seattle! Please, I need to hear the story in your own words and not words relayed to me by a 3rd party.

I know your meeting with this agent took place after the FBI received a package I sent them although that is probably not relevant since your meeting with the Agent per what I was told was right is the day after my package arrive. The FBI could NOT have made a decision that quickly so the 2 are probably unrelated.

Please note the date of your interview with the FBI agent and also if this meeting ACTUALLY happened.

Cooper World is FULL of hearsays! And also mis-interpertations of conversations. I want to hear the story from the mouth of the man who posts on this thread - who met with the agent a couple of wks ago in Seattle.

Please POST!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Evidently. Lynn D. Cooper (Age of either 41 or 43) married a 19 year old woman named Marcia K. F----- on October 11, 1973. About 2 years after hijack. (per public records online) The marriage was recorded in Nevada.

LD had previously married Becky Defoe in Reno, Nevada on Feburary 1971 (about 9 months before hijack) per records you attached. If I remember correctly LD was staying in Sisters, Oregon (during time of hijack) because of some marriage problems.

So the acid test for the Marla Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfSIxIFlbY

IF LD Cooper marriage to Marcia is his only marriage after hijack, was Marcia F. a FBI agent? as suggested in the Youtube Video.

There are two possible answers on WHY Marla's family won't support her story.

How do you MEASURE the mass of "WHY" !?

Wage Earner Sheeple would like to see this delicate instrument
you have built?

With the success you have had measuring the WHY of Marla,
can you share with the world the number of possible "answers"
WHY the Universe exists?

Are you and Gayla and Adventure Books the sole reason the
Universe exists?

Did you and Gayla create Marla that you know "There are two
possible answers on WHY Marla's family won't support her
story." ?

Or do you and Gayla just know ADD when you see it?

Did you follow the scent of ADD to Cooper and Dropzone?
Or is it the free range lack of supervision here that attracted
you to this unregulated venue, in the name of
[email protected]

What is to stop Wage Earner Sheeple from following your
example until 500 entrepreneurs of free range social media
opportunities are here, calling you names et cetera? I mean
what is good for the WHY-knowing goose is also good for the
WHY-knowing gander, seeking unregulated resources at no
expense to you & Gayla & Adventure Books.com!

Are you ready to compete openly and directly with fellow entrepreneurs and advertisers here? Can you pay the fare if necessary or would you leave and find another free venue of lesser value?

Whose advertising dollar wins!

How would that affect your *reasons or WHY* ?

How long CAN a deadbeat float on FREE REASONS FOR WHY! ?

Provocative thoughts aren't they. Especially when they effect the FREE REASONS FOR WHY that run the Universe.

Or in other words - whose ox is getting gored?

B|B|:D:D:D

RobertMBlevins

Skyjack71 says in part:

'YOU are going will close the thread down. You are so SELF-consumed you do NOT realize there are some very serious things going on in COOPER WORLD right now. The case is being CLOSED. We do NOT know if it being closed as solved or what terminology they will use...'

Really? Case closed? Says who? Name a verifiable source, please. Marla Cooper claimed the same thing in December 2011 and so far that hasn't happened. On the chance you are right, then you never know. Maybe they ARE closing the case.

Maybe the Seattle FBI finally took the time to go around and talk to a few people. :)

Hey, it could happen. I gave them a not-too-bad head start. :)

You gave them nothing, Dumbo. You're not smart enough to even come close to accomplishing anything close to that. I'll bet your KC report is in the bottom of some bird cage getting shit on about now. It's intuitively obvious you have an over-inflated opinion of your capabilties and mental aptitude. MeyerLouie

testxyz

Evidently. Lynn D. Cooper (Age of either 41 or 43) married a 19 year old woman named Marcia K. F----- on October 11, 1973. About 2 years after hijack. (per public records online) The marriage was recorded in Nevada.

LD had previously married Becky Defoe in Reno, Nevada on Feburary 1971 (about 9 months before hijack) per records you attached. If I remember correctly LD was staying in Sisters, Oregon (during time of hijack) because of some marriage problems.

So the acid test for the Marla Youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWfSIxIFlbY

IF LD Cooper marriage to Marcia is his only marriage after hijack, was Marcia F. a FBI agent? as suggested in the Youtube Video.

Just something else to add to your timeline..... LD filed for divorce from Becky Joe November 9. 1971.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

RobertMBlevins

***I do not have any Dewey Cooper military records.

during the periods of late 1958 and late 1960. He would have been in his mid-20's. See Attachments.

I suppose my biggest question regarding Dewey and LD would be this: If Marla's story is true, and she was told all of these things about the hijacking by her father...then why doesn't at least ONE member of her family who was there that Thanksgiving support her story? Her sister, brother, and mother were all there, and they are all still alive. In other words, 'Where's The Beef?'

I also have difficulty believing that on the very day before the hijacking LD supposedly already had Dan Cooper comics pinned to his bedroom wall at the Sisters, OR home. The nearest place to obtain these French-based comics was eastern Canada. Mostly they were available in Belgium, France, etc. It's very convenient. Just saying.

It is also very in-convenient that the first time the comics were mentioned publicly as a possible clue was in 2008, when LD died back in 1999. Most people would think Marla simply heard about the comics the same way everyone else did...and then decided to boost her story by claiming LD had some on his wall. Why would LD drive from Oregon clear across the country, go into Canada...just to pick up some obscure French comics? Did he speak French? How would he have heard of them when they weren't even being sold or distributed in the US?

As I pointed out in my quotes from the Marla interview, she was inconsistent at best with her answers. On the question of whether LD knew how to use a chute, she replied that someone in her family told her he was a paratrooper. But in the next question she says LD was in the Navy, and even said where he was stationed. This definitely does NOT make sense.

Another inconsistency: Marla has told a story (giving some details) about LD coming down near Sisters, losing the money on the way down, and an alleged search for the money later. (No results of that search were given) But later...when reminded of the Tena Bar money...Marla has claimed that LD actually came down near the Columbia. This one is shaky, and could be an honest mistake on her part. Still...if all of these things actually happened on Thanksgiving in that reletively small house...where IS THE TESTIMONY FROM OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS?

Marla's mother is still alive. Marla has claimed that her father was the person who mainly told her all these things shortly after the hijacking. I find it difficult to believe that father would fill Marla in on details...and then tell his wife nothing. Yet...mother has offered nothing to support Marla's story except 'years later I suspected that LD might be Cooper'.

1) LD was the hijacker, no one wants to admit it, and the family is covering up. The problem with that scenario is that the FBI spent quite a while investigating the LD allegation. Do you think these people are going to start lying to FBI agents when questioned, simply to protect the family reputation? All of them? For such an extended length of time that the investigation went on? Tell you what...if the FBI comes to my door with questions, I'm going to answer them as truthfully as possible. They do have a way of making people come to Jesus.

2) LD was NOT the hijacker, and Marla either made the whole thing up, or was simply mistaken. It's hard to fathom her motivations if she was really playing games with the FBI. Would someone go that far just to create (in her own words) a 'media frenzy'? I don't know.

Blevins, do you just have a file somewhere called MarlaRebuttal.doc where all you have to do is cut and paste it in to every post on her? How many times do we have to hear your opinion of what Marla said about the comic books? Why do find it necessary to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat the same old shit each and every time? It's obvious -- you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and you lack the ability to engage in original thinking. I think that's called diminished mental capacity (DMC). Bad combination -- they may be why you're so irritating. Maybe you just can't help yourself, who knows?

MeyerLouie

MeyerLouie

******I do not have any Dewey Cooper military records.

I suppose my biggest question regarding Dewey and LD would be this: If Marla's story is true, and she was told all of these things about the hijacking by her father...then why doesn't at least ONE member of her family who was there that Thanksgiving support her story? Her sister, brother, and mother were all there, and they are all still alive. In other words, 'Where's The Beef?'

I also have difficulty believing that on the very day before the hijacking LD supposedly already had Dan Cooper comics pinned to his bedroom wall at the Sisters, OR home. The nearest place to obtain these French-based comics was eastern Canada. Mostly they were available in Belgium, France, etc. It's very convenient. Just saying.

It is also very in-convenient that the first time the comics were mentioned publicly as a possible clue was in 2008, when LD died back in 1999. Most people would think Marla simply heard about the comics the same way everyone else did...and then decided to boost her story by claiming LD had some on his wall. Why would LD drive from Oregon clear across the country, go into Canada...just to pick up some obscure French comics? Did he speak French? How would he have heard of them when they weren't even being sold or distributed in the US?

As I pointed out in my quotes from the Marla interview, she was inconsistent at best with her answers. On the question of whether LD knew how to use a chute, she replied that someone in her family told her he was a paratrooper. But in the next question she says LD was in the Navy, and even said where he was stationed. This definitely does NOT make sense.

Another inconsistency: Marla has told a story (giving some details) about LD coming down near Sisters, losing the money on the way down, and an alleged search for the money later. (No results of that search were given) But later...when reminded of the Tena Bar money...Marla has claimed that LD actually came down near the Columbia. This one is shaky, and could be an honest mistake on her part. Still...if all of these things actually happened on Thanksgiving in that reletively small house...where IS THE TESTIMONY FROM OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS?

Marla's mother is still alive. Marla has claimed that her father was the person who mainly told her all these things shortly after the hijacking. I find it difficult to believe that father would fill Marla in on details...and then tell his wife nothing. Yet...mother has offered nothing to support Marla's story except 'years later I suspected that LD might be Cooper'.

1) LD was the hijacker, no one wants to admit it, and the family is covering up. The problem with that scenario is that the FBI spent quite a while investigating the LD allegation. Do you think these people are going to start lying to FBI agents when questioned, simply to protect the family reputation? All of them? For such an extended length of time that the investigation went on? Tell you what...if the FBI comes to my door with questions, I'm going to answer them as truthfully as possible. They do have a way of making people come to Jesus.

2) LD was NOT the hijacker, and Marla either made the whole thing up, or was simply mistaken. It's hard to fathom her motivations if she was really playing games with the FBI. Would someone go that far just to create (in her own words) a 'media frenzy'? I don't know.

Blevins, do you just have a file somewhere called MarlaRebuttal.doc where all you have to do is cut and paste it in to every post on her? How many times do we have to hear your opinion of what Marla said about the comic books? Why do find it necessary to repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat the same old shit each and every time? It's obvious -- you have obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and you lack the ability to engage in original thinking. I think that's called diminished mental capacity (DMC). Bad combination -- they may be why you're so irritating. Maybe you just can't help yourself, who knows?

MeyerLouie

testxyz

This is getting totally confusing - HOW old was LD in 1971 and 1973.

PER what I have read he was only 33 yrs OLD - and now he is 43 yrs old in 1971 - SO WHICH IS IT? Very confusing. The skyjacker was mid 40's to late 40's.

MeyerLouie

***Skyjack71 says in part:

'YOU are going will close the thread down. You are so SELF-consumed you do NOT realize there are some very serious things going on in COOPER WORLD right now. The case is being CLOSED. We do NOT know if it being closed as solved or what terminology they will use...'

Really? Case closed? Says who? Name a verifiable source, please. Marla Cooper claimed the same thing in December 2011 and so far that hasn't happened. On the chance you are right, then you never know. Maybe they ARE closing the case.

Maybe the Seattle FBI finally took the time to go around and talk to a few people. :)

You gave them nothing, Dumbo. You're not smart enough to even come close to accomplishing anything close to that. I'll bet your KC report is in the bottom of some bird cage getting shit on about now. It's intuitively obvious you have an over-inflated opinion of your capabilties and mental aptitude. MeyerLouie

testxyz

no Marcia was not as far as I know. she is the one not talking to anyone. my guess would be that she knows he had nothing to do with the hijacking. she was also the one who paid for his plot at the cemetery. we already have problems. if Marcia is not an agent. then who did he marry in between Becky and Marcia. once again it's not adding up.

you have the wrong birthdates. if he was born in 1933 he would be 38 years old, if it was 1931 he would be 40 in 1971

with no records of Dewey being in the service means nothing until records surface. living by a military base is not big news to anyone.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

skyjack71

***Evidently. Lynn D. Cooper (Age of either 41 or 43) married a 19 year old woman named Marcia K. F----- on October 11, 1973. About 2 years after hijack. (per public records online) The marriage was recorded in Nevada.

PER what I have read he was only 33 yrs OLD - and now he is 43 yrs old in 1971 - SO WHICH IS IT? Very confusing. The skyjacker was mid 40's to late 40's.

the records are a little confusing. his gravestone and death cert says 9/17/1931. but this can't be right because his older brother was born in 1931. I have several documents and evidence pointing to a 1933 birth for LD. this would make him 38 in 1971.

mrshutter45

******Evidently. Lynn D. Cooper (Age of either 41 or 43) married a 19 year old woman named Marcia K. F----- on October 11, 1973. About 2 years after hijack. (per public records online) The marriage was recorded in Nevada.

the records are a little confusing. his gravestone and death cert says 9/17/1931. but this can't be right because his older brother was born in 1931. I have several documents and evidence pointing to a 1933 birth for LD. this would make him 38 in 1971.

I was referring to LD age (41 or 43) in 1973 when he married Marcia (19). He was more than twice her age. What did he have that she wanted?

Such age differences in marriages are rare and was probably more so back then.

Finding any information on brother Dewey is very difficult for some reason. I have seen a military reference which I currently can't find.

testxyz

*********Evidently. Lynn D. Cooper (Age of either 41 or 43) married a 19 year old woman named Marcia K. F----- on October 11, 1973. About 2 years after hijack. (per public records online) The marriage was recorded in Nevada.

I was referring to LD age (41 or 43) in 1973 when he married Marcia (19). He was more than twice her age. What did he have that she wanted?

Such age differences in marriages are rare and was probably more so back then.

Finding any information on brother Dewey is very difficult for some reason. I have seen a military reference which I currently can't find.

ok, my mistake :$ let's see what smokin99 can find on Dewey. I have found records of LD and Marla's father, but not Dewey. there might not be any....we will see I guess.

RobertMBlevins

....I also have difficulty believing that on the very day before the hijacking LD supposedly already had Dan Cooper comics pinned to his bedroom wall at the Sisters, OR home. The nearest place to obtain these French-based comics was eastern Canada. Mostly they were available in Belgium, France, etc. It's very convenient. Just saying.

I'm curious ...you certainly didn't think that it would have been a stretch for Kenny to see or know about the comics on Shemyla island (before you were informed that the dates didn't work)
As a matter of fact you were posting this AS FACT on various sites that "Christiansen SAW this comic in the day room at Shemya Island..." So why the disbelief when someone says that another person might have had access to the comic book? Maybe, just maybe, someone else saw it while stationed overseas?? The comic book might have been obscure in the US and Canada, but it certainly wasn't in 24 other countries.

As for knowing French - lol... this is the beauty of a comic book. You might not know all the nuances but you can probably get the general gist of the story line by looking at the pictures. They do say a picture is worth a thousand words.

As for Canada, the comic book wasn't distributed in Canada either - though I found a 1975 article (attached) that mentions a strip (in French) ran in the Canadian newspaper La Patrie. But that's a strip and not the book and I don't know whether it ran daily or weekly or even regularly.

In 1984 apparently you can get the published album or book that contained the completed serial storyline in Canada, but, as for the comic book, the comic's creator Arthur Weinberg is in talks with Canadian Publishers about this. See attached. Then in yet another 1995 article, the comic book is still not being distributed in Canada. See attached.

Now granted these are news articles - I didn't research the publishing history but it seems logical to assume, unless you were a Canadian living or stationed in one of those 24 countries, your chance of perusing the comic book or obtaining the comic book to hang on your wall were about as good (or bad) as an American from Oregon visiting Canada. Just saying... if LD Cooper was overseas after 1954, he would have had as much of a chance of seeing or purloining a copy as would say a Kenny Christensen. Other than that - there are other ways that someone in Oregon could get the comic book, but the odds obviously diminish.

And before you start getting the Marla twitch - I am not referencing in any way her story, the veracity thereof, or whether I believe her - I am only disputing the logic you use to dispute her story. It's like the Shemya Island thing - you might need to dig deeper if you want to go toe to toe on facts.

Finally...fwiw ....and this might have already been posted, not sure.... I think most of us thought that the potential for a DAN COOPER comic -hijacking connection was a recent finding, but I found an article from 1982 that mentions the comic in reference to the hijacking. Just thought this was interesting...

[inline dan_cooper.jpg]
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

MeyerLouie

***Skyjack71 says in part:

You know what. -- I get that some folks on here don't like Robert Blevins and, while there might even be merit in some of your complaints, this constant back and forth is just plain getting old.
This place is resembling a playground with unruly bully brats.

Why don't you just ignore Robert Blevins? Put him on your no-fly list. Really, unless you have a valid post and are responding to his data or logic, why not just ignore his posts and not respond? Just sail right over them. Talk about the flight path, talk about Tina, talk about anything except for RobertMBlevins. It will be hard, but you can do it. :)
Attack the logic and the data, not the person. No one says we h ave to like each other, or that we all don't need an attitude adjustment every once in a while -- but I think the rules do say we need to be somewhat civil.

Yeah, I think Blevins oughta try to ignore a couple of you too cause sometimes I think he gets off on the back and forth. That said - if every post I made was attacked without rhyme or reason I'd probably get worse too.

Just saying.... If Quade came on here today, I'm betting it won't be Blevins that gets banned.

I don't want to see anyone banned so lighten up.

here is some more stuff about the comics and the author..

Albert Weinberg (1922-2011) began his comics career by working as an assistant to Victor Hubinon (Buck Danny) on a book devoted to the War in the Pacific ("Tarawa") and on the series Blondin & Cirage. From 1949 to 1956, he wrote and drew two space / science fiction series for "Heroic- Albums": Luc Condor and Roc Meteor. Weinberg joined the editorial team of "Tintin" in 1950, for which he created two science fiction series, the remarkable Alain Landier and Dan Cooper. Another character Weinberg created for "Tintin" was blonde tour guide Vicky in 1970. (Dan Cooper met Vicky in the spy-oriented "L'Affaire Minos" (#21) which took place in Athens. In 1971, Weinberg created Knut Andersen for "Pif" and soon after, Barracuda for the German magazine "Zack".

http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/dancooper.htm

smokin99

Finally...fwiw ....and this might have already been posted, not sure.... I think most of us thought that the potential for a DAN COOPER comic -hijacking connection was a recent finding, but I found an article from 1982 that mentions the comic in reference to the hijacking. Just thought this was interesting...

Snowmman was the first in the thread to mention the Dan Cooper Comics and then Larry Carr put it on the FBI site - LIKE it was fact! That really pissed me off and I let the FBI know it.

Interesting the 1982 article connects the Comic to Cooper. Wonder if this is why Snowmman brought it up? Where is Snowmman any way?

1982 - that was interesting and something NONE of us were aware of.
Thank You!

mrshutter45

here is some more stuff about the comics and the author..

Albert Weinberg (1922-2011) began his comics career by working as an assistant to Victor Hubinon (Buck Danny) on a book devoted to the War in the Pacific ("Tarawa") and on the series Blondin & Cirage. From 1949 to 1956, he wrote and drew two space / science fiction series for "Heroic- Albums": Luc Condor and Roc Meteor. Weinberg joined the editorial team of "Tintin" in 1950, for which he created two science fiction series, the remarkable Alain Landier and Dan Cooper. Another character Weinberg created for "Tintin" was blonde tour guide Vicky in 1970. (Dan Cooper met Vicky in the spy-oriented "L'Affaire Minos" (#21) which took place in Athens. In 1971, Weinberg created Knut Andersen for "Pif" and soon after, Barracuda for the German magazine "Zack".

http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/dancooper.htm

lol....He kind of looks familiar too, doesn't he. Put some of those Duane shades on him, brush his hair back, maybe give him a little trim ...... B|:D

[inline weinberg_1975.JPG]

The only thing I ever found interesting about the Comics was this:

When researching James Earl Ray who Duane claimed to know and the ex-wife then verified his story yrs later. She told me about a girl friend/or wife of Ray's who stayed with her for a few wks. The ex could not stand the woman's cooking which was foreign so the living situation did NOT work out.

Duane told me about Ray after he told me about Jefferson in 1990 due to the drivers license he had obtained for John Collins.

The ex-wife verified this yrs later (I RECORDED IT), but the son who was only 6 did not remember the woman. When I researched Ray - I found another prison was a writer in the prison - (Duane had told me about him). J.J. Mahoney

I found the writer, but he had been deceased for a few months when I found him.

Both Duane and Mahoney told about Ray selling comic in the prison yard. They foreign, but the picture were nice to look at. Ray's girl friend supplied the comics. NOW I was NEVER able to VERIFY any of this....but it is from the early part of my search and it has been told before. There are emails and research material (all dated) proving what I have claimed.

Prior to 2000, everything I did was by mail or phone calls. My search for JJ Mahoney was after I got a computer in 2000. What I had been told was right there - in a story told by Mahoney and it jived with the story told to me by Duane and his wife of the day!

STRANGE you guys brought this up and I actually did the damn research. Until we discussed the Dan Cooper Comic in this thread I considered it un-important and still do.

UNLESS some of those damn comics where DAN COOPER COMICS! What would be the chance of that?

Later when Ray was in AL before he died I tried to arrange to talk to him, but that was not being allowed. I still have the communications between the attorney and myself. I had wanted to know about the story I had been told about Jowers and had forgotten about the comics...I wanted to know if Ray remembered Weber.

IT was shortly after that Ray died and then Jowers died...I never got to talk to either of them. They were only about a 3 hr drive from me. Later I would be told there was NO wife/girlfriend - this was in a thread so I do not know if these individuals knew what they claimed.

My exploring the past of Weber has gotten me into so much DO DO - but, there was NO other way to find out about this man I spent 17 yrs with. My explorations hurt my credibility - but NO one was going to tell me about WEBER so the only way I could find out - was DIG AND DIG and DIG. I was never able to discredit what Duane said or what the ex-wife said nor was I able to prove it - so I moved on!

Remember that Jowers was still alive in 1983 when Duane took me to the location King was killed in. Remember he left early that morning and gave me instruction if he was not back in 45 minutes to take the car and go to Atl and he would find me. We did not have a cells and I had never had the keys to his car nor had I ever driven it.

He returned and I was watching out the window of the 2ed story hotel we stayed in - he put a long covered item into the trunk of the car. It was on this trip he told me about he and the EX hiding something behind the bathroom mirror in a room. He said if you removed the mirrored cabinet there was a great hiding place down behind it.

He showed me a building and mentioned it was scheduled for remodeling. I later found ALL of this was true. He showed me where the rifle man was when King was killed.
NOW you guys can understand why I went off into the covert world for a while...and why the FBI discredited me.

I am the one who connected that damn rifle which was stolen from our home in 1988 (probably NO connection).

When we got home from a trip in 1988 - we walked into the house and I said "We have been Robbed" and Duane turns around and goes to the coat closet and says - DAMN they took the rifle....yet so much more was obviously missing - the TV's, the microwave, anything of value, boxes labeled treasures (well they got a big surprise - those treasures where old linens my family brought to this country). They got my sterling which was gifts from family during my first marriage - got it all. I think they were looking for a line of jewelry I sold to stores - I had the samples with me on our trip. They were just crystals, but I guess the guy thought they were diamonds...he was a guy who helped us move in.

RobertMBlevins

Smokin 99 says in part:

'I'm curious ...you certainly didn't think that it would have been a stretch for Kenny to see or know about the comics on Shemyla island (before you were informed that the dates didn't work)
As a matter of fact you were posting this AS FACT on various sites that "Christiansen SAW this comic in the day room at Shemya Island..."

I don't think I actually said for sure that KC saw that particular magazine. If I did, it must have been early-on in the investigation.

This is what actually happened: One of the historians for NWA, as well as a couple of the guys stationed on Shemya told me this:

That crews from Canada, Europe, and elsewhere, when they stopped on Shemya, made a habit of gleaning whatever reading material they happened to have on board...and left it for the 'poor saps' stationed on Shemya. This reading material ended up in the Day Room on Shemya, I was told, and the most popular of all were the comic books.

No one claimed to have specifically seen the Cooper comics on Shemya. No one.

At that time in the investigation, I didn't know much about the comics except I knew they had been going since at least the early 1950's. But I also knew KC had not been at Shemya after 1952. After that date, he went to a small island in the South Pacific where they did some of those atomic tests and took a job working as a telephone operator. No one knows exactly how long, (checking test records, they evacuated the island where he worked in 1954) but we know he returned to Seattle at some point and by 1957 he was back with NWA after some purser training. His name appears on some NWA flight plans running the Seattle/Shemya/Japan or Philippines routes starting in 1957.

Later...I found out that the comic wasn't even created until 1954 or so...discounting the possibility that Kenny saw them on Shemya. He was gone by then. He served there from (approximately) 1947-1952.

We do know that until NWA stopped using Shemya as a refueling stop, Kenny was still making visits there on his flights between Seattle and the Orient route stops. It's occurred to me he MAY have seen them on one of those stops, but without proof I kind of gave up chasing that one. Because of bad weather, sometimes the stops took longer than anticipated, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kenny occasionally hopped off to see the old place where he spent five years working. But as I said, there's still no proof he saw the comic there, or EVER saw it. In the Blast book, I said this about it:

***'This comic was linked by the F.B.I. as a possible clue to the choice of name used by the hijacker. Nothing has been proven on it one way or another. Even if the hijacker was inspired by the comic to use the name ‘Dan Cooper,’ unless the comic can be linked to a specific suspect, it remains only an interesting speculation...'

Side Note: On Jo's post above concerning ML King and a rifle? I hope she's not trying to connect Duane's rifle to King. The rifle that killed King was recovered shortly after the shooting.

I knew you would go there. Robert, the post wasn't about KC or Shemya since we all know that Kenny couldn't possible have seen the comic books on Shemya based on the time that he was there.
However, if you insist on re-inventing the past.....

You said on dropzone, and I quote, " Rich Cochran (communications officer on Shemya in the 50's) said he remembers seeing some of those Dan Cooper comic books in the Day Room at the same time 'Mike Watson' and Kenny Christiansen served there, including the one with the parachute. It may be significant, maybe not."

Now, from the above statement that you made about something that Rich Cochran said, you made this leap on another site:
[inline blevins_post.JPG]

So, in fact someone did say they saw the cooper comic in the Dayroom on the island, and you did say that Christiansen saw the comic book in the day room on the island. Those are what we call just the facts, proven by words that never go away on the world wide web.

Now back to my original point - which was not about KC or SHemya or the fact that you or whoever you want to blame was wrong about KC and the comic - it was that IF KC may have seen the comics -- as you again stated above unless you edited it out while I am writing this -- how then can you discount that someone else might not have seen them overseas? It's okay to admit that you can't. ;)

I'm not going to go over the other areas of faulty logic that I pointed out since it's apparent that you quit reading once you thought you had to defend your KC Shemya account. Like I said -- if you had read it you would have seen that wasn't the point.

The truth about the Shemya story is you didn't do your due diligence and you got caught up in the story and got carried away, jumped the gun and turns out you were wrong. Who knows, maybe that's all that Marla is guilty of??

I'm not disagreeing that it's highly questionable whether he had a Dan Cooper comic on his wall, but if you are gonna argue the point against LD Cooper having the comic book, at least stick to the facts and use reasonable logic. Otherwise you're just peeing in the wind.

Side Note: On Jo's post above concerning ML King and a rifle? I hope she's not trying to connect Duane's rifle to King. The rifle that killed King was recovered shortly after the shooting, and its history was quickly traced.

All I did was re-tell a story from the beginning of my research. I know they found the rifle, but the rumor of 2 rifles and more than one gun man has NEVER been disproven. NOTHING I have not told in the past - at least I do not make-up stories about a man I never knew. I lived with this man.

I do NOT know what he put into the trunk of the car nor do I know WHY he was so upset about the rifle that was stolen! One can read ANYTHING they want into that - but what he told me and what he did was first hand accounts. What he put into the trunk was the size of a rifle and wrapped in a blanket.
A rifle showed up in our home after he sold the Marquis & bought a station wagon.

I did not feel I could or should tell the story without telling it in it entirety to explain when foreign comics and how James Earl Ray were a part of Weber's life. The story is true, but you read whatever you want into it!:P

What I tell is least first hand experience and not hearsay coerced from elderly people. Telling the story about the comics without telling the complete story would be deception...and I can assure you someone would have looked it up and pointed out the other things - I just beat them to it. I did it my way and my way is usually not right - I just follow my heart and my memories.

I did NOT state the comics were Dan Cooper comics, because all I know is they were foreign. You will find what Ray did in prison was NOT just a story from Duane and his wife - but common knowledge!

I will tell you this:
When Doug listened to that TAPE - the hair stood up on his arm and the back of his neck. He replayed it and just said WE ARE NOT GOING TO GO THERE! I agreed at that time we SHOULD not go there.

Seeing the Jefferson file after I begged and pleaded with the FBI about it - NOT sure what to believe about a lot of things right now. I believe I am due an explanation of some kind.

My question is - DID the witnesses get to see the Jefferson pictures?

Then I ask myself - am I seeing things no one else can see? Am I really delusion, crazy and off my rocker?

smokin99

***Smokin 99 says in part:

'I'm curious ...you certainly didn't think that it would have been a stretch for Kenny to see or know about the comics on Shemyla island (before you were informed that the dates didn't work)
As a matter of fact you were posting this AS FACT on various sites that "Christiansen SAW this comic in the day room at Shemya Island..."

I don't think I actually said for sure that KC saw that particular magazine. If I did, it must have been early-on in the investigation.

This is what actually happened: One of the historians for NWA, as well as a couple of the guys stationed on Shemya told me this:

That crews from Canada, Europe, and elsewhere, when they stopped on Shemya, made a habit of gleaning whatever reading material they happened to have on board...and left it for the 'poor saps' stationed on Shemya. This reading material ended up in the Day Room on Shemya, I was told, and the most popular of all were the comic books.

No one claimed to have specifically seen the Cooper comics on Shemya. No one.

At that time in the investigation, I didn't know much about the comics except I knew they had been going since at least the early 1950's. But I also knew KC had not been at Shemya after 1952. After that date, he went to a small island in the South Pacific where they did some of those atomic tests and took a job working as a telephone operator. No one knows exactly how long, (checking test records, they evacuated the island where he worked in 1954) but we know he returned to Seattle at some point and by 1957 he was back with NWA after some purser training. His name appears on some NWA flight plans running the Seattle/Shemya/Japan or Philippines routes starting in 1957.

Later...I found out that the comic wasn't even created until 1954 or so...discounting the possibility that Kenny saw them on Shemya. He was gone by then. He served there from (approximately) 1947-1952.

We do know that until NWA stopped using Shemya as a refueling stop, Kenny was still making visits there on his flights between Seattle and the Orient route stops. It's occurred to me he MAY have seen them on one of those stops, but without proof I kind of gave up chasing that one. Because of bad weather, sometimes the stops took longer than anticipated, and it wouldn't surprise me if Kenny occasionally hopped off to see the old place where he spent five years working. But as I said, there's still no proof he saw the comic there, or EVER saw it. In the Blast book, I said this about it:

***'This comic was linked by the F.B.I. as a possible clue to the choice of name used by the hijacker. Nothing has been proven on it one way or another. Even if the hijacker was inspired by the comic to use the name ‘Dan Cooper,’ unless the comic can be linked to a specific suspect, it remains only an interesting speculation...'

Side Note: On Jo's post above concerning ML King and a rifle? I hope she's not trying to connect Duane's rifle to King. The rifle that killed King was recovered shortly after the shooting.

I knew you would go there. Robert, the post wasn't about KC or Shemya since we all know that Kenny couldn't possible have seen the comic books on Shemya based on the time that he was there.
However, if you insist on re-inventing the past.....

You said on dropzone, and I quote, " Rich Cochran (communications officer on Shemya in the 50's) said he remembers seeing some of those Dan Cooper comic books in the Day Room at the same time 'Mike Watson' and Kenny Christiansen served there, including the one with the parachute. It may be significant, maybe not."

Now, from the above statement that you made about something that Rich Cochran said, you made this leap on another site:

So, in fact someone did say they saw the cooper comic in the Dayroom on the island, and you did say that Christiansen saw the comic book in the day room on the island. Those are what we call just the facts, proven by words that never go away on the world wide web.

Now back to my original point - which was not about KC or SHemya or the fact that you or whoever you want to blame was wrong about KC and the comic - it was that IF KC may have seen the comics -- as you again stated above unless you edited it out while I am writing this -- how then can you discount that someone else might not have seen them overseas? It's okay to admit that you can't. ;)

I'm not going to go over the other areas of faulty logic that I pointed out since it's apparent that you quit reading once you thought you had to defend your KC Shemya account. Like I said -- if you had read it you would have seen that wasn't the point.

The truth about the Shemya story is you didn't do your due diligence and you got caught up in the story and got carried away, jumped the gun and turns out you were wrong. Who knows, maybe that's all that Marla is guilty of??

I'm not disagreeing that it's highly questionable whether he had a Dan Cooper comic on his wall, but if you are gonna argue the point against LD Cooper having the comic book, at least stick to the facts and use reasonable logic. Otherwise you're just peeing in the wind.

Face it Sham Wow!

You've been uncorked and spilled on the floor of your own
misdeeds.

The only excuse left for you to claim is senility? Unless of
course you want to plead: FRAUD ?

:D:D:D