47 47
quade

DB Cooper

G recommended reading

Intelligent Life in the Universe, I.S. Shklovskii
coauthor C. Sagan, Random House, 1966, ISBN
1-892803-02-X, 509 pgs (note: republished in 1998
by Emerson-Adams Press)

Read every word of it Georger, in 1969. After reading it I was sure that we'd soon find narrow spectrum coherent radio signals from other worlds that had discovered RF comms many light years ago. Years later nothing credible has been detected even with huge advances in receivers and signal processing.

I long for an ET CQ on the hydrogen channel. No joy. Not a peep. Just Poof.

QSL?

DE 377
QRZ

Someone maybe you mentioned the Wow signals
back in this forum, years ago. Central issues are
distance, time, technology, and galactic evolution.
The nearest earth-like planets known so far are about
1000 ly distant. That's within some people's estimate
of habitation radius based on molecular evolution in
this region of the galaxy. Every weeks brings a
revision of those stats - its an exciting time for people
doing that work. Tom Kaye has actually done some
minor work in this area ... but he is informed about
these matters.

Air's citation is very accurate and adds perspective.

Much depends on the technology that people have
managed to develop. Detection of a unique profile
implying technology somewhere else could be the
next big discovery ... something like that is well within
our means to detect right now, at very great distances.

The spectral profiles of last two earth-like planets
discovered recently is being examined right now,
with molecular signatures in mind.

G recommended reading

by Emerson-Adams Press)

Read every word of it Georger, in 1969. After reading it I was sure that we'd soon find narrow spectrum coherent radio signals from other worlds that had discovered RF comms many light years ago. Years later nothing credible has been detected even with huge advances in receivers and signal processing.

QSL?

DE 377
QRZ

Hang in there...it's only what 100,000 light years to the other side of our neighborhood? ;)

Actually that's not quite true. Our galaxy is composed
of stellar arms - see attached. We are in the Orion
spur. You don't have to go that far to be in the
stellar populations of nearby spurs and arms.

In terms of current travel technology even those
nearby distances are great. But that is going to
change soon.

G recommended reading

by Emerson-Adams Press)

QSL?

DE 377
QRZ

Ive been thinking about an appropriate response - here it is:

http://www.setileague.org/askdr/hydrogen.htm

The H-channel is just too noisy. 76+% of the
vibrational mass of the galaxy, not to mention galactic
storms, resides right on that frequency! :D

After many discussions with family and teachers, I
wrote the famous Frank Drake a letter as a kid. And
I advised him that he would never find
anything the way he was going about his research.
First of all, I said, 'you will have to point your antenna
at the sky, not at the ground, as the magazine photo
I am looking at shows'. Secondly, I said, 'you must
run an electric wire to it! As it stands in this photo,
there is no electric wire running to your antenna'! And
thirdly, 'my teacher says space is very noisy. So you
might be right in the first place, but instead of
pointing that antenna at the ground, you should point
at just one Hydrogen atom. I think one atom is
enough and everyone can be heard coming through
on that one atom alone.' Yours trully . . . and I
included my telephone number. My mom provided the
envelope and the stamp.

:D

About a month later the phone ran one evening
during dinner, Mom got up to answer the phone
and I heard some conversation, then she yelled back
"Jerry. You have a phone call." I got up and went to
the phone and here was Dr. Frank Drake. He thanked
me for my letter and asked me where I got gotten the
idea of pointing his "BIG" antenna at one atom. I just
told him 'it makes sense to me'. He said, "I'm going
try that as soon as I figure out how to do it." :D
[/laugh]
I went to school the next day and reported all of this
in front of class. My classmates sat there in stunned
silence. I took my seat a little bewildered. And I never
heard from Frank Drake again.

This is all absolutely true -

:D:D

Georger says in part, regarding interstellar travel:

'Actually that's not quite true. Our galaxy is composed of stellar arms - see attached. We are in the Orion spur. You don't have to go that far to be in the stellar populations of nearby spurs and arms.

In terms of current travel technology even those
nearby distances are great. But that is going to
change soon...'

Not a chance. We haven't even returned to the Moon, and that was more than four decades ago. A manned mission to Mars they say, won't happen until the 2030's, although they already know how to do it.

Check-in Time at the Reality Hotel, Top Floor, Penthouse Suite:

You are lucky to live in the time where you watched Armstrong land on the lunar surface, the Viking missions, Pioneer, Huygens, Venera, and a host of other exploratory efforts by the human race. Don't kid yourself. We will be remembered as the generation who gobbled the resources and trashed the planet. Hopefully, we can educate enough people to help us transition to a better world. Otherwise it's Soylent Green and Blade Runner for you.

Interstellar travel coming soon? Don't count on it. But feel lucky You Were There when it all began. :)

Stage One:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/fs21grc.html

You guys do NOT have Cooper on your minds tonight! We need a break.

I do not think the human race will survive to inhabit another planet within the Universes (plural). If they do what will they look like? The human race will become extinct because they cannot stop fighting long enough to think that far ahead.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Georger wrote

storms, resides right on that frequency!

You could say the same thing about 160 meters OM.
Maybe some ETs like a challenging frequency.;)
I loved your Drake story.

Does anybody know what happened to Farflung? I hope he is OK.

I've been going over the Ted Braden materials. He sure had a motive and all the right stuff.

Don Burnam is pretty interesting too. His photo is a decent match the the FBI sketches. He had been a 727 pilot and had VERY detailed knowledge of its systems, as evidenced by a US patent he obtained for an improvment to 727 electrical systems. He apparently figured out how to do something better and safer than Boeing did in their original design.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Georger wrote

storms, resides right on that frequency!

You could say the same thing about 160 meters OM.
Maybe some ETs like a challenging frequency.;)
I loved your Drake story.

Does anybody know what happened to Farflung? I hope he is OK.

I've been going over the Ted Braden materials. He sure had a motive and all the right stuff.

Don Burnam is pretty interesting too. His photo is a decent match the the FBI sketches. He had been a 727 pilot and had VERY detailed knowledge of its systems, as evidenced by a US patent he obtained for an improvment to 727 electrical systems. He apparently figured out how to do something better and safer than Boeing did in their original design.

160M ? Noisy? That's exactly right. Ive had more fun on 160M through the years than just about any place else on the bands - slopers that stretched half a block through trees etc. We have 'serious' 160M ops north of here in WI and MI - the vertical crowd!

Burnam? Will have to revisit him.

BTW Drake is still alive. If you recall the whole reason
for picking neutral H was the 'water hole' principle -
not that that wavelength offered anything attractive in
terms of propagation. I think more advanced
technologies probably have their own 'water holes'
and evolved away from radio long ago.

I wonder about Farflung also - miss him.

Georger,

Have you seen this 160M antenna? Its so huge and high that its been BASE jumped.

http://www.radioarcala.com/nbspStation/TowersandAntennas/Tower7/tabid/358/Default.aspx

Bruce has done a really good job of researching Burnam, including interviewing him. Not sure if its all published yet.

look at the pictures: (Don X is Burnam)

http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"I managed to crawl through 500 miles of sewage, only to surface in San Francisco where 3 hippie chicks found me and took me in and gave me a bath, fed me, and then we had a 4some. Now I just spend my time blending in with the crowd."
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

"I managed to crawl through 500 miles of sewage, only to surface in San Francisco where 3 hippie chicks found me and took me in and gave me a bath, fed me, and then we had a 4some. Now I just spend my time blending in with the crowd."

Yea that sewer from Portland to SF is a bitch!
Duane knew it well! Glad the wheel chair made
it through. Welcome home!

How's the new wheel chair?

:D

Georger,

Have you seen this 160M antenna? Its so huge and high that its been BASE jumped.

http://www.radioarcala.com/nbspStation/TowersandAntennas/Tower7/tabid/358/Default.aspx

Bruce has done a really good job of researching Burnam, including interviewing him. Not sure if its all published yet.

look at the pictures: (Don X is Burnam)

http://themountainnewswa.net/2012/02/23/suspects-in-the-db-cooper-skyjacking-sketches-pictures-and-comparisons/

OH8X.

You musta been plum tuckered -- sewage marathon, then San Fran, then orgy sex. I'm betting the hippie chicks didn't shave their armpits or take baths -- I hate it when that happens -- it's so not hippie. NOt only that, you were lucky ... I've heard San Fran is where "God save the queen" takes on a whole new meaning -- it coulda been unnatural shenanigns in the Winnebago. I've always thought managing a trio was tough enough, so how does one keep 4 fun-lovin' earthy babes busy and interested? I'll bet it was trying.

OR...... were you talking about DB Cooper did after the jump?

MeyerLouie

History and Trivia is NOT a place for the conversations U guys are having right now. Please take those conversation elsewhere.

Making things a little lighter and going off Topic for CHANGE - DOES not mean that gives the POSTERS the liberty to talk filty on this thread

I suggest those who contributed to the above posts delete them or take self imposed vacations before the moderator puts you guys on permanent Vacations.

History and Trivia is NOT a place for the conversations U guys are having right now. Please take those conversation elsewhere.

Making thing a little lighter and going off Topic for CHANGE - DOES not mean that gives the POSTERS the liberty to talk filty on this thread

I suggest those who contributed to the above posts delete them or take self imposed vacations before the moderator puts you guys on permanent Vacations.

On this site????

Really????

With this crop of moderators....... Dats Funni raht thar....

You outa meet some of them in person....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: d

Edited to add that I am using this link as an example.. for any mods that find written English....a confusing language to read and comprehend... of which Paul is not who I am referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lwdgkG8j7Y

Making thing a little lighter and going off Topic for CHANGE - DOES not mean that gives the POSTERS the liberty to talk filty on this thread

Jo, After all the names you have called people on this thread, including myself, your request is beyond belief. You have taught this thread the language of the proverbial mule skinner.

Robert99

As far as history & trivia in Skydiving...the above 'Raunch' posts are choir practice. :D

I sincerely doubt the moderators on the website, who are all skydivers by the way - will be giving any 'vacations' out. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I sincerely doubt the moderators on the website, who are all skydivers by the way - will be giving any 'vacations' out.

+1

Skydivers don't get all torqued up over foul language. We have different priorities. Will this beat up max gross jumpship blow an engine just after lift off? How long will I fight this twisted spinning mess before I cutaway? Yeah, my wind limit is 20 and it's gusting to 30, but I'm pretty sure it will be OK.

Jo, After all the names you have called people on this thread, including myself, your request is beyond belief. You have taught this thread the language of the proverbial mule skinner.

Robert99

The context of the conversations above are NASTY and should be taken behind the OUT House on a boys night out! HOW many names have I been called? Yea, you conveniently for got to mention that I only throw back what has been thrown at me.

Since the FBI is tied up with more important issues - many individual have taken on the task of Cooper themselves.

I have received multiple contacts recently from and about the area I have been speaking for yrs.

Someone popped of a firecracker and now a lot of heads are turning. I finally was able to make contacts I wish I had made prior to my 2010 trip.

Never forget the things I have told about the trip I made with Weber in 1979.

To Salt Lake to take a picture of a man! Perhaps U guys need to start thinking and not puffing.

The Dalles and the people he knew in the are around Biggs and Rufus. His conversation about Goldendale and the bar there the guys went to.

Hood and the guy there who came up from Camino and the Apple Orchards there.

The Beach the Guys hung out at.

We got out of the car before we crossed The Bridge of the GODS.
At this point he talked about all of the sailing and the boats and climbing cliffs and jumping off.

Remember this when we cross the Bridge of the GODs and before we headed West Duane pointed out a road that would go a littel town and the over to Goldendale. He had pointed out another way to Goldendale the day before around Biggs and Rufus.

So he mentions Goldendale twice.

While in The Dalles he talks about the river boats and tells me where they go and he knows the area and where to go. He tells me about Johnny Carson sidekick Doc Severinson and how he knew him. He had family that live in an area not far from there...(well, I was able to verify that - how did Duane Weber know that)?

All the way to Washougal Duane points at this road and talks about sawmills and tracks and the guys. He talked about an encampment there - I didn't understand what it was and I still do not. He told me where the rails went to and what he said I just learn are true (remember I told this yrs and yrs ago).

Only now things I was told and what I told the FBI/Himmelsbach and anyone who would listen was ignored in 1996 - has been verified. Jo was NOT making the shit up - it was really there.

Duane was really there before and not just for a visit nor as a kid with his parents.

He mentioned other things that I had at one time told and over the yrs. But, I had nothing to base if these things actually existed.

Remember his telling about Mattie and her nephew Stanley. They did exist and Stanley was part of that area and he was a jumper!

Mattie may have had connections to an airport in Farguer - At one time I remember finding what I thought that was - but couldn't verify it.

All along that river on HWY 14 to Washougal - Duane told me what was there and the story that went with it and WHY did JT tell me NONE of this existed and flagrantly in this thread threatened me and told me I was on the OR side of the Columbia - I was NOT I was on the WA side.

I also verified the caves off of the highway and above the highway we were on.

Duane points at roads that look like they go no where - there was just a road and a sign. GUESS what - what he told me was there was actually there.

These things have been verified?
I will let you guys figure out the REST of it.

P.S. You guy remember the file the FBI didn't want me to know about. The arrest in
St Petersburg with a photo.

A photo this thread uncovered!
Could that photo have solved the D.B.Cooper mystery or at least the Duane L. Weber mystery? Why did the FBI agent CARR not expose that on this thread? Yet long after he is gone - POP goes the WEASEL!

In 1971 had there have been in place the systems of today - Cooper would have gone to prison...but with no Camera in the terminals or on the planes all they had was witness ID's.

One very poor grade natural photo known to be Weber in a natural dejected snap - may just have matched other photos of a guy in those areas. Now the people who knew this man are old or deceased, but NOT all is gone - not by a long shot.

Maybe there is HOPE! NOT all has been lost. Will it prove Weber was Cooper - NO not according to the FBI - We still have to put him on the plane!

Maybe all of this is false memories - didn't a local newpaper run a story on Weber showing his pictures? Why would it take a 1957 photo of Weber to ID Weber as a man who spent time in the WA area.? NONE of this makes Weber out to be COOPER, but it should be a wake-up call.

Maybe it is all a HOAX! Maybe the entire skyjacking was a HOAX! You think?

Jo: Many of those posts sound like extended notes to be submitted to a PI for investigation. No one can help you unless you decide what is important, and what is not so important. This scattershot approach is difficult to assess, and harder to follow.

You didn't give me time to finish the post. Go back and read it.
Remember I compose and edit on line - I loose my connection and do not know how to do it any other way.

P.S. If you think the FBI is going to spend a 20 to investigate the above - don't hold your breath! They had 17 yrs to check out Weber and they did a PISS POOR job of it. Perhaps that was deliberate so there would be no one to identify him.

When someone puts a suspect on their door step and they dance around it for a while and then looked staight thru it for 17 yrs - Why would I provide them with anything? So they can spend another 17 yrs covering their ass! All of the above Stuff I told JT and Himmelsbach probably never got to the desk of the agent of record! STUPID ME!

I didn't know they had not investigated this and I doubt they will now - but I did! AND I never GAVE UP! At times I wanted to let it go - but, I knew what I knew and I could NOT get anyone to hear me. I was just that damn tree falling in the forest!

You send them an outline - I did this for 17 yrs and now I WILL DO WHAT THEY DO NOT WANT ME TO DO! I do not have the time to wait for the FBI do look at something 17 yrs too late - NOT after I put it in their damn laps.

They could have least have had an agent ask me more about my trip to WA with Duane by contacting me on the phone...but the didn't call me and ASK me ANY QUESTIONS! NONE. The only FBI agents I saw was 1 agent who came to my home in 1996 to collect the information I had. 2 agents who picked up DNA in 2003, 2 agents who returned it in 2007 and a couple of time I went by the local FBI office myself - they didn't know what the shit was going on and just told me what Seattle said. I did call Seattle many times but basically never got past the MOUTH PIECE after March of 2000.

I did get to actually speak to an agent of record 2 times this YR!

Even prior to that - they paid little attention to anything I said and you were always talking to different agents. Agent CARR came to this thread - and for all of the wrong reasons.

The Local FBI didn't know enough about the case to answer my questions or able to talk to me about it.

To HELL with the FBI - I did their damn investigation for them and a lot of people have walked by me over the yrs. Some fell by the way side, but others hung in there.

Some had their own theories and went their way, but I hung with what I knew and told my story over and over and over. Finally someone heard me - or have I just taken you guys for a ride for 13 yrs. (I say 13 because that is how long I have had a computer and how long I pursued this on a computer). Until March of 2000 I thought it was in the hands of those who get paid to investigate.

This thread and those who read it and those who have stood by me and continue to aid me have actually been doing what the FBI agents get paid for doing.

I made a note of the page number of these last few posts. The next time someone rakes me over the coals for going off-topic...I'm going to point them back to this page. :)

Most people go off topic for just a paragraph or two. You do 10 or 20 paragraphs. That is the difference. How did I go off topic --my last sentence was a question asking if it's what Cooper did after he jumped?

MeyerLouie

Making things a little lighter and going off Topic for CHANGE - DOES not mean that gives the POSTERS the liberty to talk filty on this thread

Jo, you gotta be kidding. When I first joined the forum, I heard several forum members engage in sexual innuendo and social intercourse (that was a subliminal joke), I heard lots of 4-letter words, lots of harsh language when we got into bickering mode, and you didn't say anything. You have been using the f*** word a lot lately and you have done your share of name-calling too. So, we had a little fun with some off-color humor. Lighten up.

MeyerLouie

A Smaller Step

The two astronauts waited patiently in the main corridor on the west side of the station, dressed in pressure suits and carrying helmets........
"Yes," said Gordonov. "More than a year before Neil Armstrong."......The End

Hey, IMHO this is better than some of the stuff I've read on this thread lately. :)

Are you kidding, Blevins? I rest my case....you went off topic 30 paragraphs. That's the difference between you and normal people -- normal people go off topic 2 or 3 paragraphs.

Do you honestly think I'm going to waste my time reading your 30 paragraphs? What amazes me is you actually took the time to work it up and post it. Don't get out much, huh?

MeyerLouie