47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The movie blurb says

‘The book tracks his story from the perspectives of three different people claiming to be him.’?

That's not the book I read, but Hollywood makes 'facts' every day.

So are the three Weber, Gosset and Dayton?

Will Jo get to see Duane portrayed on the big screen?

I understand Georger being pissed off that Gray disclosed his real name. The excuse Gray gave was so convoluted and self justified that it stunk. If you agree to keep something confidential you should keep your word, period, not construct excuses to violate trust. It's not like Gray had the info subpoenaed. Enough said.

I still hope the movie succeeds. Any DBC publicity renews and initiates interest in the case which is a positive thing. It enhances the chance that somebody somewhere will find some evidence and realize its relevance to the case.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

One Ckret statement that always puzzled me was something like airline employees were too honest to have done Norjack.

Certainly he knew better. Airline employees have been caught many times smuggling drugs, stealing baggage, flying drunk, lieing about cockpit actions preceding a crash, etc.

Wonder why he said it?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

found this on "The Movie"

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/cbs-films-acquires-skyjack-the-hunt-for-d-b-cooper-for-will-gluck-to-direct/

Gluck’s directing deal is done, but his producing deal is still being worked on, according to an individual with knowledge of the situation.

Maria Faillace and Mark Ross will oversee the project, once CBS Films completes its negotiations for the rights to the New York Times bestseller, which fictionalizes the infamous skyjacking tale.

Back in 1971, Cooper took control of a Boeing 727 and earned $200,000 in ransom money. Authorities have never found or identified Cooper; Gray's story looks at him from the perspective of three different people.

The viewer won’t know which of the three is really Cooper until the end.

The action comedy aims for a mix of “The Usual Suspects” and “Catch Me if You Can.”
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Then there is a chance that Hollywood will declare that Duane Weber was DBC. He's got to be one of the three candidates.

The movie sounds so different from the book that I wonder why they paid for movie rights?

Think about if the movie declares Barb Dayton to be DBC.

Will the LBGT community celebrate a new hero?

I don't think Weber, Dayton or Gosset was DBC but I'd like to correctly predict the movie ending.

Which DBC candidate gives the movie the highest box office ratings push? It might be Dayton.

Then there is a chance that Hollywood will declare that Duane Weber was DBC. He's got to be one of the three candidates.

The movie sounds so different from the book that I wonder why they paid for movie rights?

I would assume that the movie is based on the book, not making the movie about the book.
just tying the two together it seems?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Look at how real planes are still used in movies. Big hassle and expense. I guess computer graphics doesn't solve every problem and in some cases might be more expensive.

Look at how real planes are still used in movies. Big hassle and expense. I guess computer graphics doesn't solve every problem and in some cases might be more expensive.

correct, computer graphics and special effects can also be costly....

home computer can now do this with Adobe After Effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC7GeRKTKqk

I was looking into computer robots for manufacturing for a friend, the cost of a robot with limited movement was around 60 grand. the cost of programing it was around $250,000

Social Security keeps records of everything you earned reported on an IRS W-2 or whatever you file for taxes. It's how they base your future benefits on a 62/66/70 retirement age. You said that those numbers were Duane's SSN-reported earnings.

I said that Duane, whose history does not reflect anything like a steady or honest lifestyle, would be unlikely to work for 10K in reported wages the year after the hijacking. Especially if he fell into a million in today's dollars.

Wrong! WRONG! WRONG! YOU just do NOT comprehend this AT all NOT AT ALL. Go to your local insurance sales man and ask him he gets paid and how much of his income has SS paid no it.
Then ask him how much he paided in Federal taxes on is income. Taxes and SS are treated differently - last lesson you get - go get yourself a real job on commisions for a yr and then show us you tax report .

Jo, This may come as a shock to you, but I completely agree with you. YOU ARE RIGHT!

Blevins should take a look at the instructions for the standard 1040 tax return form. The easy file stuff doesn't count here.

There are all kinds of income that is not reported on W-2s (now generally replaced by form 1099) and on which Social Security tax is not paid. This income does not provide any Social Security benefits. But income taxes are calculated by the IRS on all income that is taxable (see your tax professional for an explanation of that one).

In the years where Duane reported (or didn't report) zero income, perhaps he had his taxes prepared by one of the famous Hollywood Motion Picture tax experts. Those people are legends for preparing returns where a movie that made five billion dollars in profits actually lost money for tax purposes.

If all of the above fails, expense accounts are a really GREAT way to go. You can trust me on that.

Robert99

The viewer will never learn from the movie who is actually Cooper. This movie will just be some additional white noise. But it will probably take some money from the gullible.

Robert99

Think about if the movie declares Barb Dayton to be DBC.

Will the LBGT community celebrate a new hero?

I don't think Weber, Dayton or Gosset was DBC but I'd like to correctly predict the movie ending.

Which DBC candidate gives the movie the highest box office ratings push? It might be Dayton.

So who will be the directors'/Gray's chosen suspects?

BIG QUESTION which will set turf, set agendae, set
focus in the public's mind, maybe give the FBI a laugh
or two, set some actual researchers reeling, ... and I
hear Blevins already pitching Kenny all over again as
he is here today!

It's all good, says 377.

Duane Weber (almost has to be one suspect)
Suspect #2 ?
Suspect #3 in some form Kenny ?

Suspects chosen from those already in the public eye,
for which there is already a rich Dropzone vita ...
borrowed upon free of course! Gray probably pointed
this out to potential movie makers since Gray is
always looking for a meaningful handout!

But whose Kenny Christiansen? Gray's or Porteous/
Blevins'. Will Blevins get his legal dept moving, if he
hasn't already, and file for ROYALTIES? This could
lead to a soap opera worthy of 377's attention!

Who OWNS Kenny Christ? I have brought this issue
up numerous times in the past - now do you see why?
These are real questions with copyright and dollar$$$
signs attached to them. Will Gray pay Blevins' and
Porteous off? Will they reach an amicable settlement?

Who else will have to get paid off? Tom Kaye?

Who else will have to get paid off short of lawsuits?

Will Jo Weber get paid off?

Will Pasternak get paid something?

Who gets a piece of the action and who does not?

Hell a movie could wind up being made about 'the
movie'!

Will Lyle finally get paid off and what had Blevins told
Lyle and what are the arrangements Blevins has not
disclosed, as he blythly tore Dropzone a new asshole
along the way, knowing all along, keeping track,
prepared at length to give his portion away for free, in
exchange for more publicity? Who is riding who across
the river? Which frogs get stung by which scorpions?

Turns out 377 is a seasoned expert in all these
matters. I hope Oprah - I mean 377 - will keep us
informed.

"It's all good", the 377 axiom. And now we can expect
more and better Cooper research than ever before ..
Just have a good copyright attorney first!

Maybe Obama will set up a program for economically
disadvantaged 'Cooper Researchers' who wish to
compete in the shark infested waters of ... the
Cooperphelia? Blevins and Gray and movie makers
will all apply too under the Equal Inequality Clause!

Will there be a public offering 377 can get in on?

It's all good.

At the end of it all, Cooper will be known, and the
case closed. And you were there!

Thank Christ I dropped out, when I saw the train
coming back in 1492!

The viewer will never learn from the movie who is actually Cooper. This movie will just be some additional white noise. But it will probably take some money from the gullible.

Robert99

this was a quote from a movie source talking about the movie itself,
not actually giving the real Cooper identity B|

Georger raises all sorts of intellectual property issues. Copyright questions indeed abound.

My son tells me that file sharing and piracy will never be effectively controlled. That train has left the station.

Movie studios, theaters and major print publishers have to play by the copyright rules but for the masses it's optional now.

I don't care much. It's nice to see authors and performers get paid for their works but thanks to intense Disney lobbying the duration of a copyright has become absurdly long. Works that were headed for the public domain were snatched back.

Patents are only good for 20 years. Why should copyrights endure for terms that can approach and even exceed a CENTURY? If an indigent patent owner complains to the govt about patent infringement he will be told that no enforcement assistance is available. If a copyright owner makes the same complaint, FBI and DHS can get involved, make raids and arrest infringers.

Does that seem balanced or in the public interest?

I said that Duane, whose history does not reflect anything like a steady or honest lifestyle, would be unlikely to work for 10K in reported wages the year after the hijacking. Especially if he fell into a million in today's dollars.

That's an opinion.

Excuse me YOU have NO knowledge of this. I have ACTUAL TAX REPORT all the way back to 1968 on Weber and his former SPOUSE. Duane was a keeper of THINGS - HE was PROUD of his accomplishment.

The total income produced is off set by expenses and when one is self employed or commissioned no SS is taken out of the check.

TAKE that to the BANK! I would love to use a different teminology, but I want to stay in the thread until "others" decide just how to handle things.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

That's an opinion.

Excuse me YOU have NO knowledge of this. I have ACTUAL TAX REPORT all the way back to 1968 on Weber and his former SPOUSE. Duane was a keeper of THINGS - HE was PROUD of his accomplishment.

The total income produced is off set by expenses and when one is self employed or commissioned no SS is taken out of the check.

TAKE that to the BANK! I would love to use a different teminology, but I want to stay in the thread until "others" decide just how to handle things.

Jo, It is surprising that Blevins is not better informed on this type of matter. Who does the tax returns for his book company and cleaning service? If not Blevins himself, then he should at least know what his tax preparers are reporting.

Robert99

Georger says in part:

'Who OWNS Kenny Christiansen? I have brought this issue up numerous times in the past - now do you see why? These are real questions with copyright and dollar$$$ signs attached to them. Will Gray pay Blevins' and Porteous off? Will they reach an amicable settlement?...'

You are mistaken. I have answered these questions, including the one about Lyle, multiple times.

The rights to Blast and all docs/pictures associated with Christiansen (the ones provided by Porteous, myself, or the Christiansen family only) belong to AB. Anything else is public domain.

There is no infringement possible by the film producers unless they use those docs/pics or pull directly from the book beyond Fair Use rules.

Lyle and his family stand to gain zero on anything related to Christiansen. They signed over all the rights gladly. They don't want to anyway. Most of them are a bit embarassed by the whole thing, being rather old-fashioned folks. Yes, they would like to know the truth about Kenny.

I have no intention of trying to gain in any way as a result of the upcoming film. It's a comedy. Fine with me if they name Barb Dayton or anyone else except KC as the hijacker because I see nothing funny regarding the Christiansen story. Gray and the film producers are free to do the film as they wish, and if they want to mention KC along the way, I have no problem with that either. I like Gray and I wish him the best. When the film comes out, I will go see it and then buy a copy later on DVD. One thing about keeping the public eye on Cooper is that there's always a chance someone legitimate will come forward (non-Marla) with solid, new, information.

If anyone ever approaches us about doing a film on KC, I will insist on it being a fact-based drama or it's no deal.

No film should be made solely on KC until (if and when) he is proven to be the hijacker. Otherwise, how will you write the ending? At this point I would say no to any producer unless they can prove the case on Kenny. I said yes to History Channel because they were doing a straight investigation.

And, it is precisely the AMBIVALENCE you have
outlined above that can lead to lawsuits, not to
mention charges and counter-charges in the social
media.

:D

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'Hell, I do not know what makes me spend my VALUABLE time trying to teach someone something about economics. If you don't grasp it that is your fault.

Truth is Blevins knows most of his book is 99% contrived and he is very aware of this...'

BLEVINS then MADE this statement:

Look...whether Duane made more than the 9K or so he declared for 1972 doesn't matter. Let's say he made more. I guess my main point is that if Duane worked for reported wages in excess of $9,000 (sounds like a historic high at that point) than you have to wonder why he would do that after receiving over $200,000 in cash only months beforehand. Converting those numbers to today's dollars, this would be about $45,000 and $1,040,000 respectively.

Jo makes a final point on this:

The rest of the posting goes off in to Blevins defenses about KC.
All of the usual rhetoric he uses to promote his book! NOTHING Blevins can state about KC's financial affairs is realistic.

I have all of the actual IRS TAX reports back to 1969 - ALL of the W-2's and 1099's and any other report of earned income and what was deducted. If someone wants to argue the ACTUAL tax reports - GO for it! U loose!

Blevins I really hope you do NOT do your own taxes and if so that you only have earned income as reported on you W2. There ARE other kinds of incomes, but you obviously HAVE to ignore that to make YOUR story fly about KC fly!

Definitely Weber would be one of the suspects and I also believe there will be one none of you expected - Coffelt!. Vickies father makes a really interesting story - because he disappeared off the earth in that time frame.

Frankly I do not believe much would or could be said about KC that could not be readily dissed.

As for Drayton - I will leave that alone, because of something I know I have never told. The airport Drayton worked out of has a lot of history regarding other individuals who have been mentioned over the last 40 yrs in regards to Cooper. This has been ignored by the FBI - one has to wonder WHY?

One individual who was investigated - met his wife there.
Another individual whose name was mentioned also flew in and out of there...and did come up in the history of one DUANE L. WEBER.

Since I do NOT go around making sully out of individuals who have not been part of the Cooper world, but I will note there were others questioned and they did NOT make national headlines.

One contacted the FBI on his own, because he thought he may have inadvertently provided and confirmed the information Cooper needed to make the jump.

Duane knew this individual thru his family and his brother.

Surely some of YOU super Sleuth have come across some of these stories - but, NOT one of you ever looked for a link between Cooper and Weber in relation to the articles or the rumors. It was more EXCITING to believe one of America's finest like Petersen could be Cooper!

:)TRUST ME! I know what I am talking about!

WOW oh wow! I have heard that phrase one time too many - right out of the mouth of none other than Duane Weber.

Was surprised to find Georger using the expression.

Georger what else do I NOT know about you?

Georger,
Before I could make this post the expression was edited out!
Geeze that was FAST! Was it just a slip of the tongue? :|:)

It's all good.

At the end of it all, Cooper will be known, and the
case closed. And you were there!

Thank Christ I dropped out, when I saw the train
coming back in 1492!

:):D:D

Georger it is Super Bowl Day - have you been pulling to many silver tabs? First you drop Duane's favorite expression I had NOT heard in a LONG LONG TIME - not since before he died.

Then you make the statement
"Thank Christ" and then mentions 1492. What I do know about you makes those 2 expression a little odd! Yea, you just have imbided just a little to much today!

1492 - You are letting you fingers get ahead of your brain again!:D

You edited the expression out pretty fast - I guess hoping I would NOT see it. BUT, GOTCHA!

I know what I am talking about. TRUST ME!
;) Are U sure?

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'NOTHING Blevins can state about KC's financial affairs is realistic...'

That's what we thought, too...his bank balances, income from the airline, etc didn't come close to jiving with what he was spending after the hijacking. As far as whether he had another form of income going, there is nothing to show on that. Not only do the records show this, but testimony from his closest friends, and his own letters home to Minnesota say the same thing. If he was really doing well, he wouldn't have been digging ditches for Geestman up in Bonney Lake the year before the hijacking. :)

how do you know he is not just helping a friend?

Jo wrote

Surely some of YOU super Sleuth have come across some of these stories - but, NOT one of you ever looked for a link between Cooper and Weber in relation to the articles or the rumors. It was more EXCITING to believe one of America's finest like Petersen could be Cooper!

That's not the reason Jo. The reason is evidence. Peterson may not be DBC but he is superbly qualified. You have been unable to show any evidence that similarly qualifies Duane.

As for excitement it would be FAR more exciting to have Weber be DBC than Peterson. Everyone concedes that Peterson could have done it skills wise. NOBODY but you (and perhaps Farf) think Duane could have done the job skills wise. Farf doesn't think it takes any skill

So if Duane did pull it off it would be incredibly exciting. It would be a Walter Mitty fantasy come true. It would be the underdog story of the 20th century. I'd have to eat a crow but it would be worth it.

Skyjack 71 says in part:

'NOTHING Blevins can state about KC's financial affairs is realistic...'

That's what we thought, too...his bank balances, income from the airline, etc didn't come close to jiving with what he was spending after the hijacking. As far as whether he had another form of income going, there is nothing to show on that. Not only do the records show this, but testimony from his closest friends, and his own letters home to Minnesota say the same thing. If he was really doing well, he wouldn't have been digging ditches for Geestman up in Bonney Lake the year before the hijacking. :)

how do you know he is not just helping a friend?

Because the woman in the picture testified that Kenny volunteered for the job because he needed the money. Good question, though. You know I did six interviews with her up in Twisp, right? All except the first one went on for 3-4 hours. The first one was about an hour and a half. On the last interview, she admits that Kenny WAS with her ex-husband the week of the hijacking, after several previous denials. This I have on audio and video. That, and her crazy letter where she says that even if Kenny was aboard 305 that day...he wasn't hijacking the plane...(LOL)...he was just doing his job as the purser. :S

Blevins, This picture has been discussed at length previously on this thread. As Mrshutter and many people here agree, KC is just helping a lady friend. You have no proof whatsoever that KC was paid to dig that ditch. And your low opinion of Mrs. Geestman indicates that you wouldn't believe her if she didn't say something to support your claims.

Robert99

Blevins, This picture has been discussed at length previously on this thread. As Mrshutter and many people here agree, KC is just helping a lady friend. You have no proof whatsoever that KC was paid to dig that ditch. And your low opinion of Mrs. Geestman indicates that you wouldn't believe her if she didn't say something to support your claims.

Robert99

He was having SO much fun someone decided to take a pic.

I am not sure how many of you have ever led a mule with a BODY sitting on the plow, but I am VERY familiar with the process....what is being shown in the photo is NOT safe.

The person sits on the plow and he uses the reins to make the mule stop or go. If the plow is properly weighted no one need sit on it. There are 2 different types of plows used....

We used a plow and a mule for our garden in KY. Daddy nor the tenant ever sat on the plow, but walked behind the plow. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for a second person to lead the mule.

One does NOT lead a mule pulling equipment because it is very dangerous. Should the mule bolt - that person stands to be injured.

My guess is the photo was STAGED. No other reason for her to be leading the mule and Kenny on the plow. Note the pic lends itself to a "still".

She was holding the mule so the mule would NOT move forward for the pic to be made. Otherwise any movement made by Kenny on the reins would have signaled the mule to react. IN FACT her position infront of the mule with someone else holding the reins is not a safe thing to do.

I frankly feel that Blevins led each witness and at their age they ATE if up. When he went public they were too humiliated to back down...and just went along for the ride. Well, the ride is OVER!

I have been aware of this since DAY one - the first time I saw the photo. I was ORDERED to Stand Down! The more Blevins has tooted KC the more he has humiliated himself and his "witnesses".

Should his witnesses decide to do so - he could be accused of Senior Abuse for profit.

Lyle had seen a program on TV about Cooper and thought it was a GOOD story and why he contact a movie producer in regards to this...no one seems to know WHY the letter Lyle wrote ended up on a movie producers desk instead of the investigator or the FBI. Does that one take a rocket scientist?

My first gut instinct when I realized who Dan Cooper was - WAS to CALL the FBI. Not a producer or a PI. I did contact a PI after the FBI just brushed me off on the phone and the PI helped me put information into a format I sent to Mr. Himmelsbach.

Mr. Himmeslbach was who provided the physical evidence we photo copied to the FBI...Mr. H. is the only reason the FBI even investigated Weber in the first place.

Because the woman in the picture testified that Kenny volunteered for the job because he needed the money. Good question, though. You know I did six interviews with her up in Twisp, right? All except the first one went on for 3-4 hours. The first one was about an hour and a half. On the last interview, she admits that Kenny WAS with her ex-husband the week of the hijacking, after several previous denials. This I have on audio and video. That, and her crazy letter where she says that even if Kenny was aboard 305 that day...he wasn't hijacking the plane...(LOL)...he was just doing his job as the purser. :S

The WOMAN was trying to SAVE face and YOU ignored her! Her letter out weighs any recording you co-erced from her with intense leading interviews.

What you did regarding these seniors should be prosecuted!
You LED two elderly seniors just to get a story - frankly I hope someone makes them aware of your actions on this thread. I would if I knew HOW contact them. Bernie was the only one who had the for-with-all to stand up to you and for that he has been chastized by you in the media.

I hope I live long enough to see you get your just rewards - to be disgraced by these seniors coming forward to de-nouce the story about their old friend.

One of them refused to be a part of this and another tried to save FACE and you turned your back all for the sake of a damn story I frankly believe will destroy whatever career you might have had as a writer.