47 47
quade

DB Cooper

No thanks Amazon. I'm a 1 G exit kinda guy. If I want explosive high G launches I'll just shoot my Mini 14.

Furthermore, I don't care to land anyplace that doesn't have cold beer.
How uncivilized.

You can buy a flyable MIG 21 with a hot seat for well under $100K. If you are feeling really lucky you can try punching out at Mach 2.

I always thought that after PLF and parachute training... that the students should have been taken out to the flightline... and given practical experience in egress from their aircraft type. Once you perform a procedure.. its no longer such a scary thing to do it again. But you know how it goes... can't damage the college boys don't cha know.:D

I read somewhere that the USAF is no longer carrying chutes in KC 135s (basically a Boeing 707 with air refueling gear).

Breitling made a wristwatch that had a "pinger" inside it. Very pricey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3R7lhLqVo8

The idiot in the youtube video could easily have triggered a search. You are only allowed to do test transmissions during the first 5 minutes of every hour. Signals heard during that period are generally ignored.

I have a pinger watch but a much less expensive (and much less stylish) one made by McMurdo. It cost me $45 used. A used Breiling Emergency pinger watch costs several thousand dollars.

Look at how the Breitling looks and how my nerdy McMurdo looks. My McMurdo has a BIG lithium battery in it and will transmit a lot longer than the Breitling will.

Breitling: http://www.luxist.com/2005/08/09/breitling-emergency-43mm-chronograph-with-distress-transmitter/

McMurdo: http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&biw=1344&bih=706&tbm=isch&tbnid=S6N-9pUB9gFXVM:&imgrefurl=http://www.landfallnavigation.com/guardian.html&docid=3gGsyAOjrFfcPM&imgurl=http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/landfallnav/GuardianBand&w=176&h=250&ei=5-T2UMn_OJDMigLKg4CYAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=279&sig=109144343739455266940&page=1&tbnh=137&tbnw=95&start=0&ndsp=36&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:112&tx=42&ty=61

Both operate on the civil 121.5 MHz emergency frequency and their second harmonic falls on the 243.0 MHz military emergency frequency.

Back in the day there was a procedure in the C-135 Dash One for utilizing the crew escape on the port side of all the C-135 models.
It entailed a bar, releasing the hatch below, then hanging from the bar and releasing and dropping thru to the outside airstream and away from the aircraft.. hopefully without bouncing along the fuselage too many times.

I will be contacting the other source about Ultrasuede this week-end and see what they have to say. But, I had also seen another article (the one I can not find about ultrasuede - its creator and it's uses prior to becoming a popular fabric).

I should have printed the article. I was looking for something ALL TOGETHER different. I was NOT looking for Ultrasuede - I was researching pingers, communications, beacons, Wentz, Wenz, Spokane,
Schtnizer (all kinds of spellings of that name), Nuelle, Newell and LOTs of sound alike names.
Spokane fire protection, Spokane camps (all kinds), Spokane jumpers & DZ's. I was all over the map - but I was centering around things out the Spokane area all the way to Coure d alene when this article POPPED.

I didn't think it important until Yesterday after a phone call...and I couldn't believe I had just heard something I had read on the internet within the last wk.

The article:

It was a very small source and talked about forestry and communications. Then they tested it and then had to create a special pouch for hit. Since it was NOT small it was padded. NOT in a zipper pack on the side, but buried within the harnass the way I understood it.

NOTE, I don't know one part of a chute from another - so don't go quoting me on this. Just trying to remember what the hell I read and why it popped up.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo unless you disabled it your web browser has a "history" memory that records the URL of all websites recently visited. Have you looked there?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

well, Toray has this product trademarked, they are a 16 billion dollar company.

"its creator and it's uses prior to becoming a popular fabric"

Toray and Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto would be in big trouble if they took this idea from
someone and lay claim to this product, no such thing as something being used prior
to becoming a popular fabric, that would be infringement.

In 1970, after years of experimentation, Toray Industries scientist Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto succeeded in creating the world's first ultra-microfiber. A few months later, his colleague Dr. Toyohiko Hikota perfected a new process capable of transforming Dr. Okamoto's invention into an amazing new fabric, a non-woven material that combined luxury with unprecedented performance.
This fabric, which was later trademarked as Ultrasuede®

clearly no getting around who invented this material.......someone could have had
a similar product, but it was not called Ultrasuede in 1971. they were still in the
experimental stages in the 60's which means nobody was aware of this product
or it's name (Ultrasuede)
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I always thought that after PLF and parachute training... that the students should have been taken out to the flightline... and given practical experience in egress from their aircraft type. Once you perform a procedure.. its no longer such a scary thing to do it again. But you know how it goes... can't damage the college boys don't cha know.:D

In addition to what Amazon suggests above, I think it would be a good idea for any would be professional pilot, who routinely wears a parachute, to be required to make at least one jump as part of their initial training.

I am sure that Farflung would manage to stay awake during the parachute training class if he knew that he would be using one within an hour or so.

The actual jump experience would also serve to separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls.

Probably 90+ percent of "parachuting jumping education" is gained on that first jump. At least most of the misconceptions are corrected.

Robert99

Skyjack71:

Do not understand what the BEEF is with Blevins? Is he actually bragging about the number of his posting in 2 1/2 yrs? Is this what this is all about - who can make the most post? How childish!

A large portion of his postings were copies from prior postings with nothing added. They read like pages he had saved in documents then posted over and over! They were advertisement in my thinking.

When he posts - things go haywire on this thread and we accomplish ZERO!

well, Toray has this product trademarked, they are a 16 billion dollar company.

"its creator and it's uses prior to becoming a popular fabric"

Toray and Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto would be in big trouble if they took this idea from
someone and lay claim to this product, no such thing as something being used prior
to becoming a popular fabric, that would be infringement.

In 1970, after years of experimentation, Toray Industries scientist Dr. Miyoshi Okamoto succeeded in creating the world's first ultra-microfiber. A few months later, his colleague Dr. Toyohiko Hikota perfected a new process capable of transforming Dr. Okamoto's invention into an amazing new fabric, a non-woven material that combined luxury with unprecedented performance.
This fabric, which was later trademarked as Ultrasuede®

clearly no getting around who invented this material.......someone could have had
a similar product, but it was not called Ultrasuede in 1971. they were still in the
experimental stages in the 60's which means nobody was aware of this product
or it's name (Ultrasuede)

The product I was referring to was developed BEFORE 1970 and perhaps a fore-runner to the UltraSuede as it became known as. This fabric was used to pad the beacons because in the 60's they were larger. I got the impression it was close to the body and comfort was a concern.
Maybe it was something thicker like Fleece - to me that makes MORE sense than Ultrasuede.

Perhaps it was in the wording the woman used. I won't give up until I find the damn article, but my time is limited being on the computer......and I am the worlds worse searcher!

Come on Jo, over half of the "book" references are responses to others, and of the ones he makes, most are in reference, not promotion.

You "promote" your story harder than any one else here.

You, and a few others, attack experts in their fields, since it won't line up and support your promotion effort for your story. If you, and others, don't want our opinions, based on the science and facts we know to be true in our fields, don't come here and ask us for help.

Disrespect DZ? Hmm, a skydivers web site, a thread, that had little to do with skydiving, but lots to do with crime is started, and the skydivers who frequent a skydivers web site, get poo pooed? Odd.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

In addition to what Amazon suggests above, I think it would be a good idea for any would be professional pilot, who routinely wears a parachute, to be required to make at least one jump as part of their initial training.

I am sure that Farflung would manage to stay awake during the parachute training class if he knew that he would be using one within an hour or so.

The actual jump experience would also serve to separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls.

Probably 90+ percent of "parachuting jumping education" is gained on that first jump. At least most of the misconceptions are corrected.

Robert99

That is something the Russkies were rumored to do within certain units. They found out that it was a lot easier to replace an airplane... than it was to replace a trained pilot. I guess that was something they learned the hard way during War II

Jo unless you disabled it your web browser has a "history" memory that records the URL of all websites recently visited. Have you looked there?

Yea, I tried that and I had disabled it...cause I hated all that stuff coming up when I did a search. MY BAD!

" I got the impression it was close to the body and comfort was a concern. "

well, I don't understand what this product has to do with Pingers and comfort?
or how it would "Bust the case wide open"? we have heard from jumpers that
pockets already exist and don't really need upgraded......

to date there is zero evidence of any electronics used in this crime...
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Come on Jo, over half of the "book" references are responses to others, and of the ones he makes, most are in reference, not promotion.

You "promote" your story harder than any one else here.

You, and a few others, attack experts in their fields, since it won't line up and support your promotion effort for your story. If you, and others, don't want our opinions, based on the science and facts we know to be true in our fields, don't come here and ask us for help.

Disrespect DZ? Hmm, a skydivers web site, a thread, that had little to do with skydiving, but lots to do with crime is started, and the skydivers who frequent a skydivers web site, get poo pooed? Odd.

Matt

You know Matt that post above was over-board. I came to the DZ for the help of jumpers - especially OLD TIMBERS. Go back to my posts in the other threads I made some visits to.

I don't promote anything - I am trying to FIND answers. I have not written a book nor was I writing a book when I came to the DZ.

I certainly do NOT ATTACK others who are experts in the field. I question things. For example this pinger thing - NO ONE knows what I am talking about and remember this - I am a woman in my 70's who has never been close to a chute - except one in a War display at the museum.

Most of the OLDTIMERS who I came to the DZ seeking know what my position is. Evidently you do NOT. They don't mind taking time to explain to me what they are talking about and try to understand my position in seeking the truths with what I "KNOW" and what I have "SEEN" and "HEARD".

Are you aware how long 377 worked with me on the metal objects I used to play with in Duane's desk drawer. I will never be able to ID those items unless I am blindfolded and hold them in my hands. The DZ has presented many of similar items to me - but I have to hold them and to feel them ( just looking like is NOT good enough) for me to say THAT IS IT!

Please respect me enough NOT to put me in Blevins category!
Please!

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. It was NOT the pinger if that is even what it was called, it was what my search took me to.The names of 2 men - one of which was known to me, but not known to me. I do not expect you to understand that so I will only make one attempt.

One can know of someone thru memory of a discussion, but NOT associate that name the way it was pronouced or used until it is seen within written context that correlated with the verbal conversation - with many yrs separating the two incidents.

Try to understand what I have said above - please! We do not need a long discussion debating my memories.

If you wish to "attack" my explanation there are P.M.s

I don't make the rules here but I don't get steamed up over promotions of books that are FREE. Blevins isn't trying to promote sales to forum readers. He is pushing a free publication.

It's so easy to ignore posts that one finds worthless or offensive. Why get all angry about something that you can just skip over?

I did quite a bit of research on parachute hardware to help Jo ID the item Duane had that she thought was from a rig. We didn't succeed although I sent her pix of just about every piece of hardware made between WW 2 and 1971. I give Jo a hard time but I do try to help when I can.

I wonder what Georger's 50th high school reunion was like? Did any of his classmates know of his interest in DBC? Was his high school girlfriend in attendance? Were there any sparks? I love reunions. It's especially cool when you see the nerdy, shy or unpopular kids have blossomed into socially and professionally successful adults often leaving the former in-crowd kids in the dust.

My high school girlfriend's husband won't let her attend reunions. He thinks they are trouble, too much risk of fanning old flames.

When the weather warms up I'll be planning my DBC CB radio jump. What will it prove? Nothing other than what might have happened had DBC been equipped with a CB walkie talkie.

I'll add an ultrasuede or fleece pouch for my USAF surplus URT 21 pinger if it will help Jo. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"

Precisely! But my looking into the pingers and locators and beacons and CB's and towers along with communication skills triggered things within my mind. False or real - only I am the judge of that - only I have lived my life.

377 and the FBI and Doug Pasternac - will tell you that since day one - something about this has bugged me and I had let go of it - but it keeps coming back at me. I explore CB's - everyone says that is not possible. I still feel Duane's knowledge knowing of very communication Tower was and noting the radar hat (I can never remember the names of those damn hats) ----was important.

I am not someone writing a story about a suspect - I am still searching and investigating and I do not have the skills to write a book nor do I want to write a book about this....too old and way underqualified.

P.S. Does anyone know how BEACON Hill (hope I got the name right) got its name. The one along Hwy 14 in WA. I was just curios. This is ONE location Duane talked about - He had evidently climbed it and spent a LOT of time there....yet, the FBI never puts Weber in WA. I know that is NOT true. I know he was there for several yrs - so how and why did the FBI and the federal Government wipe away his existence there?

There is NO WAY he made the stories up and the things he said. When we crossed the Bridge of the Gods from OR to WA - he was like an open book.
He was focused on the past and his memories - they were vivid - the little towns he told me about one could not see and there would be no sign indicating what was down that road...they existed. A sign might mention one town, but he would explain in detail the other places and things down those roads.

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. It was NOT the pinger if that is even what it was called, it was what my search took me to.The names of 2 men - one of which was known to me, but not known to me. I do not expect you to understand that so I will only make one attempt.

One can know of someone thru memory of a discussion, but NOT associate that name the way it was pronouced or used until it is seen within written context that correlated with the verbal conversation - with many yrs separating the two incidents.

Try to understand what I have said above - please! We do not need a long discussion debating my memories.

where is my "attack" Jo? I am simply applying references to your claims!
when someone (anyone) makes a post, the normal thing to do is
research that post! I don't need to "PM" anyone when responding
to a post..... I don't call you names and yet you constantly launch
verbal assaults on me or anyone who disagree's with you.

when someone lays claims of busting a case wide open! you can bet
I'll be right there checking into it for validation. having a one sided
investigation is no way to get things done properly, Criticism seems
to be your worse enemy....

I don't make the rules here but I don't get steamed up over promotions of books that are FREE. Blevins isn't trying to promote sales to forum readers. He is pushing a free publication.

It's so easy to ignore posts that one finds worthless or offensive. Why get all angry about something that you can just skip over?

Yep! You worked really hard on that hardware and it was very much appreciated. It will take touch and feel - I won't even need to see it. There were so many CLOSE. I will never forget what I consider HIGH QUALITY. The feel was like that of a very well crafted piece of sterling and the conditions was excellent - No scratches or scuffs like I would expect to see in parachute hardware except for new right out of the cover.

Read what I wrote below and tell me how this was an attack.
I asking you if you wished to "attack the explanation to P.M. me. I was referenced the paragraphs in Blue.

well, you have called me a jerk, troll, creep among other things,
I would call it insulting, I don't proclaim anything, I have common
sense and search skills that could be above or below others that
post on here, I'm not here to degrade anyone, I'm here to try and
resolve issue's connected to this crime. I don't have any certificates
on my wall giving me authority over anyone!

I enjoy researching things, especially if someone can't find what
they are looking for, makes me feel good helping someone in need.
when evidence has been placed on the table for viewing, it's up to
someone to look into this evidence, I have explained myself many
times in the past of not being perfect or correct 100% of the time,
most call that human over authority!

It's very hard to be nice to you Jo, you are very stubborn when it
comes to anything negative in your research, this makes it extremely
hard to converse with you when calling out anything you claim...

I am not insulting anyone's memory showing anything that I found
on Ultrasuede, FYI, I drink about 4 to 6 times a year thank You...

You seem to be a jack of all trades and you do NOT always understand what I am saying. When I do you get all puffy and if I do not agree with you and is typical of the above posting. Does NOT come down well at all.

Work has to be slow in the area now and you have made no secrets about your past in the thread. The demeanor of your postings is concerning and I genuinely thought maybe it was pulling too many tabs.

Well, who am I to talk - I lived with an ex-con for 17 yrs and didn't have a clue! [:/]

Perhaps now I keep my ear a little closer to the ground and my senses are more in tune to hear what is NOT being said. I read the words of someone who is angry right now - and the anger seems to be building. When you came to the thread you were fun to read and interesting, now not so much anymore.

Your postings as of recent are alarming and that is a concern.

what I do outside of this thread is really nobody's biz, since you wish for me to air my
laundry I can tell you this, work is starting to pick up once again (not hurricane shutters)
I do about 40% of my work on the computer at home (engineering drawings, promo video etc)

I noticed that you removed several of your post's about the Ultraseude? especially the one
where you claimed "busting the case wide open" you made serveral request about the pingers
as well as where the were positioned.

"377 made a post about pingers and then some one provided a link to the designer of the pingers and how they were put into the chutes in the 60's."

"Please find the article about the chutes and the pinger and how they were put into the backpacks.
With padding and with UltraSuede."

then you said you knew who invented the Ultrasuede and he worked with trying to put them into the packs.
name of Scott but could of changed it......

"I spoke about a man who invented Ultrasuede and used it inside of the Chutes backpack to provide a place for the pingers and the tested this. "

377 then responded to not being able to find anything linking this.
so I started my search and made my postings in which you once again
disagreed about who invented them causing me more research.

"Maybe it was something thicker like Fleece - to me that makes MORE sense than Ultrasuede."

this whole ordeal started with you jumping to conclusions by stating that you wanted information
on who invented Ultrasuede, not Fleece, perhaps you can tell me again how it's me not understanding.....

I see absolutely nothing wrong with my findings or my posting.....

"Your postings as of recent are alarming and that is a concern"

I can't say anything more than shocked as to how you come to these conclusions?
anger? where in the world is any anger in my postings, none of this is worth getting
angry over Jo.......I thought I was very honest in several of my postings Jo.....

Well, who am I to talk - I lived with an ex-con for 17 yrs and didn't have a clue!

No clue? Not even after you lied to the two Florida Highway Patrolmen about where Duane was? And not even after Duane's response when the Florida Highway Patrolmen then followed you to his location?

Jo, get real!

Robert99

what I do outside of this thread is really nobody's biz, since you wish for me to air my
laundry I can tell you this, work is starting to pick up once again (not hurricane shutters)
I do about 40% of my work on the computer at home (engineering drawings, promo video etc)

You AIRED your own laundry and I do NOT do thread searches, but I am sure someone else will do it. YOU told me you INSTALLED Hurricane Shutters.

Yes, I removed some posts because I did them when I was UPSET and I could not find the site I went....which made me feel like an idiot or worse - delusional.

The article I found by accident had to do with beacons, signals, forestry, Spokane, 1960 to 1966.
A trip to the N.W. Alaska and talked about how the item was placed in the apparatus and a cushion to make it more comfortable - evidently it fit between the back and the pac.

Scott and Ultrasuede did NOT check out. I spoke before I verified the information.

Yes, I jump to conclusion and I won't deny this, but the article I did find and I will find it again.

You may think you are being honest - I call it deception!

If you had been at this as long as I have been - every little lead is something to get excited about
especially when you know age and health and money is against your ever seeing the end....