47 47
quade

DB Cooper

FIND out the name of the FOOTBALL coach during the class of 1980 for Fort Collins CO. I do not remember the name now....but was one associated with one of the Stewardesses. Does not mean it was the husband of either nor related but hDuane had never showed any interest in Donna's teacher or school in the past. This was a 1st and last. Even I do not remember now...time takes its toll.

These were head coaches - but that might mean that they were over the entire program and not football. I'd have to look further to get individual coaches. I don't understand why that is important?

1973-1980 L. Moddlemog
1980-2003 T. Monty
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

The story of Kenny jumping comes from a single letter dated August 4, 1946 from Sendai .........

From Skipp:

"“Dear Folks,” Kenny wrote home in one letter dated August 4, 1946, from Sendai. “I went to church this morning. I went last Sunday also. I had more reason to go last Sunday, as after ten months of hibernation, I once again donned a chute and reserve and entered a C-46. I cringed a good deal, but I managed once again to pitch myself into the blast. That jump was worth $150. The nicest thing about the whole affair was that I never had time to worry about it … Don’t get the idea that I didn’t get that certain stomackless [sic] feeling, because I did.”"

Mr. Blevins quotes this letter in his book, and provides no other Japan letters. Are there any others?

Kenny was deployed, after his initial training on August 16, 1945. [Ed. note: Japan surrendered on August 12, 1945. Nagasaki was August 9, 1945]

Looking at the ten month "hibernation" ..maybe this was his first jump after training............

KC states that the jump was "worth $150". This presumably would be military jump pay. Does anyone know how the jump pay worked in 1946?

How many jumps did he have to make to receive it? Is jump pay based on making a certain number of jumps per month? Or per quarter? And I assume it was paid at a fixed rate each month.

Robert99

7Hell Jump pay was only $55 a month or so in the 1970's you had to have 1 jump per quarter... that is why I got so many on our rotation.. MANY of the guys I was stationed with only did their money jump.. and I would take as many of their jumps as I could.. I loved launching myself out over a Huey skid at 1200 feet over water. Just kick back and watch the C-9 inflate over your head.

it's your favorite......run with it while ya can ;)

Easy Company 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment
$50.00 extra each month as "jump pay"

http://users.skynet.be/101airborne/clancy/506hist_us.html

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Since virtually nobody here favors KC as the hijacker, and I can't prove he was anyway...do you think we could move on to another subject? Works for me. Probably works for everyone else here, too.

LOL Because we like to leave no stone unturned?? It's not about proving it anyway - it doesn't have to be about you one-upping everyone. Yeah, Kenny's got some gaping holes, so does virtually everyone else we've discussed.
See here's what I think you don't get about the whole discussion thing. It doesn't have to be about one upping everyone and trying to prove this or that. It's not a competition for most of us. We just want to dig into the case. When it gets to be about Blevins and Cook and whoever, then it's not fun anymore.

Plus you don't get to decide whether we talk about Kenny or not. You are not the sole exclusive arbiter of all that is Kenny Christiansen.
Hell someone on here might find something that actually helps your case. The thread has already helped you find the way to the truth more than once - in fact, the thread is primarily responsible for you having to write a "second Edition".
Friendly advice -- take it or leave it -- sometimes you suck all the air out of the thread and don't leave any room for compromise. Lighten up. :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

The story of Kenny jumping comes from a single letter dated August 4, 1946 from Sendai .........

From Skipp:

"“Dear Folks,” Kenny wrote home in one letter dated August 4, 1946, from Sendai. “I went to church this morning. I went last Sunday also. I had more reason to go last Sunday, as after ten months of hibernation, I once again donned a chute and reserve and entered a C-46. I cringed a good deal, but I managed once again to pitch myself into the blast. That jump was worth $150. The nicest thing about the whole affair was that I never had time to worry about it … Don’t get the idea that I didn’t get that certain stomackless [sic] feeling, because I did.”"

Mr. Blevins quotes this letter in his book, and provides no other Japan letters. Are there any others?

Kenny was deployed, after his initial training on August 16, 1945. [Ed. note: Japan surrendered on August 12, 1945. Nagasaki was August 9, 1945]

Looking at the ten month "hibernation" ..maybe this was his first jump after training............

KC states that the jump was "worth $150". This presumably would be military jump pay. Does anyone know how the jump pay worked in 1946?

How many jumps did he have to make to receive it? Is jump pay based on making a certain number of jumps per month? Or per quarter? And I assume it was paid at a fixed rate each month.

Robert99

7Hell Jump pay was only $55 a month or so in the 1970's you had to have 1 jump per quarter... that is why I got so many on our rotation.. MANY of the guys I was stationed with only did their money jump.. and I would take as many of their jumps as I could.. I loved launching myself out over a Huey skid at 1200 feet over water. Just kick back and watch the C-9 inflate over your head.

So to receive extra pay (aka jump pay) you had to have one jump per quarter?

Is this the same as certification?
With the post that I referenced there was also a question asked:
Was annual jump certification required back then? I didn't look further for the answer but was assuming, if yes, that would mean there would be paperwork regarding jumping? If, for example, LE wanted more proof that he was at least familiar with parachute.

Rather than rely on the memories of the self deluded Walter Mittys who are experts, but never seem to be able to attach a source, from their “Glory Days” when they were cool. I thought I would attach a historical pay scale for all branches of the service. I know, it’s exciting to see the huge salaries ($506 @ month for E-6, more than 10 years) earned from that time frame (1971):

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/charts/historical-military-pay-rates.html

There were those who worried about the 90 day, moving window to maintain “Flight Status” in the Air Force, but they were desk jockeys and NCOs (No Chance Outside), who stayed in and were counting the days till they hit 20 years. Hard core aviators NEVER worried about drying out.

You can actually see where the “Flight Pay” peaks when the average service member could separate and return to the private sector, and make better money and succeed, versus the future DMV clerks who stay in and receive an extra five bucks per month.

SkyJack:

So you are saying that the guy that you were dating told you that Dan Cooper might mean DB Cooper? Why do you think he knew? If they know about the hijacking, most people don't make the association Dan Cooper = DB Cooper because they are so familiar with the DB.

The reason I asked is because "DAN COOPER" (as opposed to "DB COOPER") is the one thing that has always struck me about your story.

It is also one reason that I've never agreed with those that think you're lying about what you were told or think you were told. (NOTE - I didn't say I believed it or that it was true - just that I don't think you are outright lying. I also don't think that you would have used "Dan Cooper if you were making it up - you would have said DB).

If truthfully you had never read about DB Cooper, and didn't have the story buried in your subconscious somewhere, then it is very interesting that you would start the story with DAN instead of DB. I would venture to guess that few would have been familiar with Dan when you started out with this. Even now, with the benefit of some media awareness, no one knows who I am talking about when i say Dan Cooper. If on the other hand I say DB, they might not know all the details, but they've heard of him somewhere.

So everyone:
take it a step further - if Duane was really the hijacker, would he have said Dan Cooper or DB Cooper? Put yourself in his position. You've used a bunch of aliases, you know the press run with DB.
SO on your deathbed confession is it Dan or DB?

What is a riggers field or shield? Is this something on the rig or a type of rig? I DON"T recall anything like this being mentioned by the FBI as to why Cooper selected the chute he did. What is this?

There has been NO mention to my knowledge of this. Not sure what the man was talking about, but it was a reason why Cooper chose the chute he did.

DID the FBI conceal evidence?
Why?
Was the FBI playing games or be obstinate or their way of flushing Cooper?

If I knew what the heck I was talking about I wouldn't be here tonight. All of this resulted in a conversation about Duane and Spokane. The conversation shifted from my 1945 to 1949 to his 1962 - 1964. I was surprised to say the least!

This man is certainly convincing and he did go to the FBI yrs ago, but then they never questioned him or asked about this again. The reason behind Cooper's choice of chute became Nothing!

He had tried yrs ago to tell me his story, but I did NOT know enough to understand what he was saying. He took this opportunity to steer me back where I should be and he is getting on in age, THE FBI needs to hear what this man has to say!

He tried to tell me before but not being a jumper and no knowledge of chutes it went OVER MY HEAD! I still do NOT understand it and why I want to and need to know what a Riggers Shield or Field is?

He talked about Noma Co but I did not understand - spelling it the way it sounded does NOT mean I understood or that is the way it was spelled.

Little Ben, Frank and Schollls. I know where the old Scholls jump and air strip was but, were was the other strip I was told about by the man and also by Weber. Some of these things are NO longer there.

All of this came out of my trying to put Duane in Spokane and along that high road. The OTHER Cooper history also came out of that same area. I can't remember conversations the way I used to. All of this because I was trying to find someone to research OLD files in the Spokane area all the way to Coure D Alene.

GIVE IT UP. WHAT IS A RIGGERS FIELD OR SHIELD? Maybe I am not stating it correctly - something about the type of chute or something that could be on a chute and how you would know if a chute had a bug in it.

Are there certains chutes you would have to completely UNPACK to put a bug in it? What was different about the 2 chutes in 1971. Could it have been that the military chute could not have been bugged or messed with? SOME reason Cooper chose the chute he did - what was it besides it being the better of the 2 chutes for the jump?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Since virtually nobody here favors KC as the hijacker, and I can't prove he was anyway...do you think we could move on to another subject? Works for me. Probably works for everyone else here, too.

'The stupid things you do, you regret if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid...'

Katherine Hepburn

Hi Kate.

No.

Care to tell the group about your blowing up at the
producer(s) of "Ground Zero" out of Portland ...
over remarks of yours concerning Gossett they put
on a video?

My my Blevins, Stop thje Venom! Be a ice guy! :o

Move on?

I feel a song commin on -

"You did it your way". :S

:o

What is a riggers field or shield? Is this something on the rig or a type of rig? I DON"T recall anything like this being mentioned by the FBI as to why Cooper selected the chute he did. What is this?

There has been NO mention to my knowledge of this. Not sure what the man was talking about, but it was a reason why Cooper chose the chute he did.

Why?

If I knew what the heck I was talking about I wouldn't be here tonight. All of this resulted in a conversation about Duane and Spokane. The conversation shifted from my 1945 to 1949 to his 1962 - 1964. I was surprised to say the least!

This man is certainly convincing and he did go to the FBI yrs ago, but then they never questioned him or asked about this again. The reason behind Cooper's choice of chute became Nothing!

He had tried yrs ago to tell me his story, but I did NOT know enough to understand what he was saying. He took this opportunity to steer me back where I should be and he is getting on in age, THE FBI needs to hear what this man has to say!

He tried to tell me before but not being a jumper and no knowledge of chutes it went OVER MY HEAD! I still do NOT understand it and why I want to and need to know what a Riggers Shield or Field is?

He talked about Noma Co but I did not understand - spelling it the way it sounded does NOT mean I understood or that is the way it was spelled.

Little Ben, Frank and Schollls. I know where the old Scholls jump and air strip was but, were was the other strip I was told about by the man and also by Weber. Some of these things are NO longer there.

All of this came out of my trying to put Duane in Spokane and along that high road. The OTHER Cooper history also came out of that same area. I can't remember conversations the way I used to. All of this because I was trying to find someone to research OLD files in the Spokane area all the way to Coure D Alene.

GIVE IT UP. WHAT IS A RIGGERS FIELD OR SHIELD? Maybe I am not stating it correctly - something about the type of chute or something that could be on a chute and how you would know if a chute had a bug in it.

Are there certains chutes you would have to completely UNPACK to put a bug in it? What was different about the 2 chutes in 1971. Could it have been that the military chute could not have been bugged or messed with? SOME reason Cooper chose the chute he did - what was it besides it being the better of the 2 chutes for the jump?

Jo why don't you make it easier on yourself and everyone else and just say whatever it is that the person told you.

Sometimes context allows others to make sense of what someone is trying to tell you.

Your Co could be multnomah county, oregon, sonoma
county, Ca. Context might help.

Rather than rely on the memories of the self deluded Walter Mittys who are experts, but never seem to be able to attach a source, from their “Glory Days” when they were cool. I thought I would attach a historical pay scale for all branches of the service. I know, it’s exciting to see the huge salaries ($506 @ month for E-6, more than 10 years) earned from that time frame (1971):

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/charts/historical-military-pay-rates.html

There were those who worried about the 90 day, moving window to maintain “Flight Status” in the Air Force, but they were desk jockeys and NCOs (No Chance Outside), who stayed in and were counting the days till they hit 20 years. Hard core aviators NEVER worried about drying out.

You can actually see where the “Flight Pay” peaks when the average service member could separate and return to the private sector, and make better money and succeed, versus the future DMV clerks who stay in and receive an extra five bucks per month.

Your link only goes back to 1949, and does not show "Jump Pay"

http://users.skynet.be/101airborne/clancy/506hist_us.html

The above link has the $50 a month for Jump pay at that time.

Self deluded? How about EXPERT in the field, certified as a MASTER PARACHUTIST, Actually. I taught (Including History) and performed the job for over 21 years.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

LOL Because we like to leave no stone unturned?? It's not about proving it anyway - it doesn't have to be about you one-upping everyone. Yeah, Kenny's got some gaping holes, so does virtually everyone else we've discussed.
See here's what I think you don't get about the whole discussion thing. It doesn't have to be about one upping everyone and trying to prove this or that. It's not a competition for most of us. We just want to dig into the case. When it gets to be about Blevins and Cook and whoever, then it's not fun anymore.

Plus you don't get to decide whether we talk about Kenny or not. You are not the sole exclusive arbiter of all that is Kenny Christiansen.
Hell someone on here might find something that actually helps your case. The thread has already helped you find the way to the truth more than once - in fact, the thread is primarily responsible for you having to write a "second Edition".
Friendly advice -- take it or leave it -- sometimes you suck all the air out of the thread and don't leave any room for compromise. Lighten up. :)

Go girl Go!

:)

Here are some more names, colloquialisms and acronyms from the military (USAF):

ROAD scholars = Retired On Active Duty

ATC (Air Training Command) = Allergic To Combat

Base Ace = Personnel who destroyed 5 assignments before retirement

Zoomies were Air Force types, Zombies were Air Force retirees

Females in the Navy were called WAVES, females in the Air Force were called lesbians

FIGMOs (Fawk It Got My Orders) were personnel who functionally and publically quite working till the next assignment (up to 1 year). They were indistinguishable from anyone with a longevity ribbon with an oak leaf cluster.

Colonel of the Urinal = Chief of the base housing facilities (rank could be anything)

Hangar Queens = Aircraft in a state of constant disrepair or personnel who have evaded the OSI about fraudulent enlistment

Tail Gunners = Ref (Hangar Queens)

Hell we never thought about "pay". All we thought
about was "ROTC glory". Jesus Christ were we stupid!
:S

matthewcline,

Try checking the relative pay and benefits for 1971 and decide how lowly $517 @ month (you know, Kenny’s wages?) may be. This is truly beyond spoon feeding at this point.

If jump pay in 19…whatever is $50, then you may….just may consider 1949 as similar or lower. It’s not MY data, it is just data. Ownership of information is for the likes of Stalin and other losers.

You could post some more refined data or everyone could just take your good word for it because "you said so".... just like Knoss. No duplicity there.

Why?

Jo, I have personally never head of a rigger's field or shield and don't know what you are talking about in that respect.

Why did Cooper reject the military chutes from McChord AFB? It was common knowledge in 1971 that military emergency parachutes, especially those used in Southeast Asia, carried a "pinger" or "beacon" that could be tracked by rescue aircraft. It appears that Cooper was aware of that information.

Why did Cooper select the military NB-6 backpack rather than the other backpack? Who knows? You will have to speak to Cooper about that. But it is possible that he was familiar with military backpacks and prefered it over the other parachute. Since this particular parachute was not under control of the military, Cooper could be reasonably certain that it did not have a tracking beacon.

It should be noted that the FBI did manage to secrete tracking beacons in the parachutes of some later hijackers. Reportedly, as one hijacker hit the ground he was given a buzz job by a couple of F-111s that had been following the airliner.

The above suggests that Cooper probably had some familiarity with military backpack parachutes and military aircraft operations.

Robert99

SkyJack:

So you are saying that the guy that you were dating told you that Dan Cooper might mean DB Cooper? Why do you think he knew? If they know about the hijacking, most people don't make the association Dan Cooper = DB Cooper because they are so familiar with the DB.

The reason I asked is because "DAN COOPER" (as opposed to "DB COOPER") is the one thing that has always struck me about your story.

It is also one reason that I've never agreed with those that think you're lying about what you were told or think you were told. (NOTE - I didn't say I believed it or that it was true - just that I don't think you are outright lying. I also don't think that you would have used "Dan Cooper if you were making it up - you would have said DB).

If truthfully you had never read about DB Cooper, and didn't have the story buried in your subconscious somewhere, then it is very interesting that you would start the story with DAN instead of DB. I would venture to guess that few would have been familiar with Dan when you started out with this. Even now, with the benefit of some media awareness, no one knows who I am talking about when i say Dan Cooper. If on the other hand I say DB, they might not know all the details, but they've heard of him somewhere.

So everyone:
take it a step further - if Duane was really the hijacker, would he have said Dan Cooper or DB Cooper? Put yourself in his position. You've used a bunch of aliases, you know the press run with DB.
SO on your deathbed confession is it Dan or DB?

:SHad the guy I was dating had not suggested to me D.B. Cooper I would NOT be talking to this thread and I would never have contacted the FBI. The papers in my part of the country do NOT carry Cooper stories - small buried article and I do NOT know how many of those could or did say Dan Cooper and perhaps I would never have read the article. Skyjacking nor Skyjumping - I knew nothing about and never had a reason to look it up or to intensely read an article on it.

Remember something briefly in the papers in 1971 when it happen. The war was on Page 1 and 2. The Cooper article was on page 3. Yea I have a good memory!

Cooper article may have been in the papers on subsequent anniversaries - but, would I have read them with any purpose or intent - NOT likely! Doubt I did any more than read the headliner.

In retrospect I do remember the article in 1980 - only because of our trip to WA in 1979, but I did NOT get to read that main front page article. We only got the Sunday paper - because of our work we where NOT home most wkdays.

The weather was severe in 1980 and we did NOT go on the road to Wym and hence why I wanted to see that TV program and Duane knew it was going to be on because I told him I wanted to see that program when they advertised it.

He arranges for us to GO out in the MIDDLE of the WK with another couple I had never met on that specific night....the weather was bad. He had to keep me away from the TV and he was successful. Had I not have wanted to see the program and HAD I not APOLOGIZE to the other woman whose name I do not remember for being bad company - I might never have remember specifically when the program was going to be on.

They ran a dry cleaners in Ft. Collins and she also stated that she wanted to see that program.
Outside of our wedding night this was the ONLY time Duane had invited and made arrangements for us to meet with another couple to go out.

The next time we go out with someone is in Mobile, Al. When we went to Atlanta - we always met up with his good friend there, but usually at their home, we didn't go out except to their wedding or company functions.

In VA we never went out with another couple nor did we ever do so in FL. What I have stated above is our entire connection to other couples in 18 yrs. There were parties, but I am talking couples with couples. Friends getting together.

We just did NOT do that - we moved around a lot and we made few friends other than the people we worked for. I was NOT a party girl - and by 1982 when he got caught doing a NO NO - he realized this girl was different from anything he had ever known...maybe why he got his act together! Nahh - he just changed - he just realized he could have a life as long as no one ever found out who he was.

I expect what Duane said would have slid into the back of my mind and it would have been forgotten forever...had I not have mentioned what he said to Lee. When I met my last husband in 2000 I did not mention what I was involved in nor did I talk about Cooper. We had been dating for almost a yr and when I had to go to WA. I had to tell him what I was involved in - I thought he would walk away and never look back, but he ask me to be his forever in 2001 and we married in 2002.

Jo, I have personally never head of a rigger's field or shield and don't know what you are talking about in that respect.

Why did Cooper reject the military chutes from McChord AFB? It was common knowledge in 1971 that military emergency parachutes, especially those used in Southeast Asia, carried a "pinger" or "beacon" that could be tracked by rescue aircraft. It appears that Cooper was aware of that information.

I expect that may have been what he was referring to. I was having a terrible time understanding the guy and I very often now do NOT hear things correctly and I was having to ask him to repeat things.

Females in the Navy were called WAVES, females in the Air Force were called lesbians

Damnit! Not true! The "were" part...
And sometimes the "fe" part !

Um. Not really, Mr Mysogynistic.

who are those woman supposed to be
in the picture?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Explain something is simple non jumper language. The emergency chute you are referring to - that WAS not one of the back packs but a front pack. Bear with a dumb woman for a moment with this.

This is important. Before you guys talked in a language I could NOT follow so WHY I did NOT enter into conversations about chutes. NOW I am asking a specific question.

2 chutes and 2 front packs - which ones were missing? Explain in simple words - such as military chute and Military front pac. I NEED to know which ones were left on the plane and which ones were missing.

There has been 2 or 3 stories. One chute left on plane and 3 chutes left on plane - what was actually left on the plane and in basic laymans terms describe the 4 items (be sure to say Front pac for the emergency and back pac for the 2 regular chutes. I know this sounds stupid but NOT for a NON jumper and someone who knows NOTHING about chutes.

Since this particular parachute was not under control of the military, Cooper could be reasonably certain that it did not have a tracking beacon.

Would it not have also required special equipment to pack? I know stupid question...meaning it could not have quickly been unpacked and then repacked for Cooper with a homing device placed by the FBI.

I know that is a stupid question but one I as a layman have always wanted to ask. Some of these guy pretend to know what the jumpers are talking about and when they write their article they get it all wrong.

It’s obvious that most don’t understand jump or flight pay, and what the requirement means in actual practice. This is truly a sad condemnation of commons sense, and exposure of how little these value these ‘self proclaimed’ EXPERTS add to the analysis.

Flight and Jump Pay is/was paid to personnel to….. wait for it….. little longer….. hang on….. Fly and Jump! I know, so mystic! If you were a crewmember, flight medic, PJ or any job in the USAF which required flight of jumping as part of your job, THEN YOU GETTY THE FLIGHT or JUMP PAY! It this really that hard to grasp? Seriously.

There also happens to be a moving window of 90 days, in which you must leave the ground or jump at least one time in order to maintain your flight, or jump pay for another quarter. So this begs the natural question- “Who gives a shit?” And a fine question at that, so here’s the dirt:

NO ONE. NO ONE gives a shit about when flight or jump pay expires because they haven’t spent a week without flying or jumping. What the hell is that job title again? Pilot? Oh yeah, the type who flies four times a friggen year! Or Paratrooper? That’s right, the one who jumps with that pilot with the same frequency. So what do these dorks do during the other 361 days a year? Apparently make up BS. Cuz it aint flying or jumping for their dinners. A twenty year career could be 80 jumps? Really?? Great value for the money there Uncle Sam.

Now for the ‘real world’, sans deluded revisionism. You will be on a flight or jump schedule during your first term (enlistment) which will allow no such fantasy about not getting your pay for flying or jumping. This is, unless you were some Code 3, problem child, who spent their career DNIFed or having the personnel in the unit actively request avoidance of them, for purposes of SOF (safety of flight). Who else would be jumping or flying so infrequently they would need to write home about it? Is this still so utterly vexing to decode? If you fit that description, it is because you were a hazard in the air, to others, or yourself. In civilian speak; a loser.

I spent my entire time getting waivers for the max number of hours flown every month, and so was everyone else that I can recall. The only people who gave a shit about ‘timing out’ were Colonels and First Shirts who were counting down the days to retirement. The evidence shows (to those with military experience anyway) that Kenny rarely jumped, to the point of ‘having to’ in order to maintain his jump pay. Yet the puzzle of DB Cooper is somehow easier for all these ‘EXPERTS’ to solve. Puulllllllease. It’s a big world out there and it isn’t as stupid as you think. Keep that in mind while you weave your next tale (this applies to whoever).

Damnit! Not true! The "were" part...
And sometimes the "fe" part !

Um. Not really, Mr Mysogynistic.

who are those woman supposed to be
in the picture?

You're kidding, right? And it's 'women,' not 'woman'.

"notexactlylesbians"

If you don't know who they are, how are you judging there sexual preference?
more of your "proper diagnosis" hard at work....

sorry didn't pay attention to what eye wrote woman/women...
thank you grammar police!

[reply

So to receive extra pay (aka jump pay) you had to have one jump per quarter?

Is this the same as certification?
With the post that I referenced there was also a question asked:
Was annual jump certification required back then? I didn't look further for the answer but was assuming, if yes, that would mean there would be paperwork regarding jumping? If, for example, LE wanted more proof that he was at least familiar with parachute.

Nope.. you went to jump school.. got your wings... got assigned to a unit with a jump slot in your AFSC( Air Farce) or MOS Army. and maintained your qualification and check my making the required pay jump one a quarter... or be in a unit that required or allowed for more :)
I still have a copy of my official jump folder.. listing every jump I made with extra qualifications like jump master etc.