47 47
quade

DB Cooper

the biggest mistake was the use of salt water to flush the toilets, this started leaking into the concrete causing it to become brittle and also weakened the rebar. huge mistake!!

there is also a report of a boat seen close to Alcatraz at around the time of the escape, I have not been able to locate or confirm this. (reported on unsolved mysteries)

since the escape, two unknown tall women were reported at the mothers funeral (also unconfirmed) Clarence Carnes who was also on Alcatraz claims he received a coded postcard from them stating "gone fishing" this was confirmed while talking to Carnes, but, he never revealed the postcard. The Anglins mother received flowers every mothers day until her death. (from unknown source) a woman from a Lawyer's office received a phone call the day after the escape claiming they wanted to set up a meeting. There was also the suspicious death of Alfred Anglin, a third brother, killed by guards in an Alabama prison.

to date nothing has ever been mentioned about Frank Morris other than some old man on You Tube.

this should answer the questions about why the prison was closed, but, like the Cooper case it only adds confusion as to the truth about where they really might be. (dead or alive?)

"Contact RobertMBlevins for a movie script! "
funny you said this, I actually have one of the scripts from the movie B| I collect them as well as civil war documents.

"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

(from unknown source) a woman from a Lawyer's office received a phone call the day after the escape claiming they wanted to set up a meeting.

I think the above "myth" can be laid to rest permanently. Why would they try to set up a meeting with the law enforcement people and prosecutors the the day after escaping?

Surely no one thinks they were interested in turning themselves back in and returning to Alcatraz. A prison guard is the last thing they ever wanted to see again.

Robert99

Blevins wrote

My guess on it is this: If they reached Angel Island, they didn't steal the Chevy, because someone would have picked them up on Angel and transported them somewhere else. It's unlikely that IF this happened, that the escapees would have had to steal a car. Anyone coming to get them in a boat would have transportation already on shore. Could be one reason why they never found them. They beat the initial local search...sort of like Cooper if you think about it.

If they had arranged boat pickup wouldn't it make sense to be picked in the bay up just outside the Alcatraz no sail zone? The voyage to Angel Island was extremely risky in a homemade raft.

Also Angel Island is big. How would you arrange a night rendezvous?

The guards on Alcatraz paid no attention to boats unless they came within about 100 yards of the island. If you came closer they got real excited. Searchlights, loudspeakers, threats to fire unless you exited promptly. Ask me how I know.

according to reports, communication was done to the outside via postcards, remember these are convicts with nothing to do but think! Morris had a IQ of 133, the object was to get off the island, by any means. the FBI has claimed for years only remnants of the raft were found, documents say a different story. the limit to the shore was 200 yards, not 100 as mentioned above. the FBI also claimed no cars were stolen around this time, once again buried in the files was a story contradicting this statement.

right or wrong, Risk is a convicts middle name B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I agree, was just showing what the records state, the odds of any of them making it are very slim, you would think they would trip up some where getting caught doing something.

what can one believe? you have one body seen (not entirely confirmed) and a raft found with footprints leading away on Angel Island miles in the opposite direction of the floating body? did the Anglin's off Morris? who knows. the story is surrounded with myth's just as the Cooper case B|

End Of Story....back to Cooper B|

Back in the early 60s there was no GPS. We couldn't afford radar. Tidal currents in SF Bay that vary from place to place made dead reckoning navigation inaccurate. One foggy night coming in from a fishing trip my Dad strayed inside the no sail zone at Alcatraz. By the time we figured out where we were our boat was quite close to the Alcatraz shore. They lit us up with a searchlight and warned us through loudspeakers to exit the area immediately or we would be fired on. We weren't interested in a gunfight and left right away. It was actually scary. I was pretty young at the time.

Contact RobertMBlevins for a movie script!

He or Jo will call you back immediately because they
seem to monitor this thread 24-7. They keep the
pressure on.

I don't generally do screenplays. A few pages here or there, nothing serious.

Besides, who would want to do another film on the escape? Clint Eastwood already made the best version. I especially liked Patrick McGoohan as the semi-sadistic warden:

"They drowned..."

Shutter says in part:

'End Of Story....back to Cooper...'

I have to agree. As far as 'monitoring this thread 24/7', I do have a day job and I don't pack my iPhone around at work.

Georger says in part:

'Blevins has had nothing but movie scripts on his mind since Porteous first contacted him saying
"MOVIE DEAL!"...'

Actually, he said: "I have a suspect in mind in the DB Cooper case. His name is Kenny Christiansen."

Robert: "Who?"

Porteous: "I can send you some files on him."

Reality Check: We've only had one inquiry on film rights in over two years. Rights are not being marketed actively, and I have no intention of doing a screenplay. I also think your constant mention of my name just counter-indicates your desire to discuss Cooper, rather than yours truly. Yours truly is a bit of a boring sort anyway. :|

"Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything..."

Marilyn Monroe

Reality Check:

You cross every T and dot every I ... in trash talk
that has no meaning in the first place.

Meyer Louie says in part:

'Blah, blah, blah...and blah...'

Stick to your day job. Forget about stand-up. That's my advice.

I'm gettin' a real strong feeling here, and this time it isn't gas. I'm feeling, on top of everything else, you can't take a joke. It's better than attacking you. So I had a little fun, at your expense of course. C'mon, lighten up. MeyerLouie

1. I have stated that ED looked like he could be JOHN ANGLIN or related. I accidentally may have said CLARENCE since he was the one with the tattoos.

2. The two Anglins were only 1 yr apart in birthdates. They ran together and therefore, John would have know who ZONA was.

3. I stand by my theory of this until I am proven wrong.

P.S. Duane was a convict and his circle of friends would have been in that realm. The individuals I met - there was always this feeling, but I only knew Duane for the man he was at that time.

Moving on to the Man who took the Call.

4. The man contacted by an individual by phone who was with Boeing is DOCUMENTED. It should be part of the FBI files.
The man aways felt he was responsible for Cooper having the information he needed to do the jump. He admitted that he took an unsecured call because he thought it was secure since it was put through to him.

The call came thru a secure line he thought the guy was a pilot asking for the information. He later thought he had provided Cooper with the mean to do what he did.

5. The caller asked some specific question - this was before the skyjacking happened (Evidently shortly before the crime as the man connected the jump and the information the caller asked). I DO not know what information was exchanged.

6. Duane's brother's connections to this man's position does exist - if the FBI is interested in chasing it down. It is in the files and all they need to do is prove his connections to Duane's family. That should be a simple task for a FBI agent, if they want to solve this case.

I will give them a hint - go to California. Family connections.

7. The brother's connection to the man who received the call should have been done - unless the FBI is sitting on their hands or have been told it is TOP secret. They even owned investment property together and both had origins with Boeing.

----------------------------------

:)"To think you have the key to not one, but two of the greatest unsolved mysteries......WOW"

My reply is this:

Duane Weber was a criminal and the extent of this was unknown to me for 17 yrs. I expect that many of the individual he introduced me to - where ex-cons.

If you look at the logistics -
Duane Weber changed his name in 1962 to John C. Collins and was on the run until 1966 and the authorities sent him to prison with the name of John C. Collins and gave him a commutation of sentence in 1968.

Why did they give him that commutation in the first place.
He must have provide the authorities with information that caused them to do that. As many times as he was arrested and as many times as he was in prison - THERE had to be some thing he provided them in exchange.

Think about this and the times - 1962 to 1968. We all know there was corruption in the system during that time and that has been documented. The warden at Jefferson was one of the worse.

Remember the FBI went looking for Duane after they released him and he did his parole time in Missouri, but then went to Colorado where his wife had relatives.

They probably found him to verify the information he provided as a snitch. Was this in regards to one of the "residents" or his connections with someone he met during his 4 yrs. on the run? It is a given he EXCHANGED something for that commutation and felt safe going to his real name since they only knew him by his alias.

You guys believe what you want to believe just as I do. I lived with this man and now I know what he was capable of doing.
I expect Duane's IQ was relatively high in certain categories.

Yes, I would like the Marshal's contact information. All I will do is send him the pictures of Ed and the comparison to John and why I think they may have known each other.

Remember it was JOHN and not CLARENCE that I think resembles Ed. Pehaps Zona is just co-incidental, but I don't because of something Duane said to me that I completely dissed. He made that statement during the last yrs of his life after I learned he had done time in 1966 at Jefferson. It was 1990 and I think he tried to tell me about himself - but, without acknowledging all of this prison time. He had made one statement during that last yrs that puzzled me. "I spent most of my adult life in prison". I only knew about Jefferson and thought he was just feeling sorry for himself because he knew his time was limited.

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

1. I have stated that ED looked like he could be JOHN ANGLIN or related. I accidentally may have said CLARENCE since he was the one with the tattoos.

2. The two Anglins were only 1 yr apart in birthdates. They ran together and therefore, John would have know who ZONA was.

3. I stand by my theory of this until I am proven wrong.

4. The man contacted by an individual by phone who was with Boeing is DOCUMENTED. It should be part of the FBI files.
The man aways felt he was responsible for Cooper having the information he needed to do the jump. He admitted that he took an unsecured call because he thought it was secure since it was put through to him.

The call came thru a secure line he thought the guy was a pilot asking for the information. He later thought he had provided Cooper with the mean to do what he did.

5. The caller asked some specific question - this was before the skyjacking happened. I DO not know what information was exchanged.

6. Duane's brother's connections to this man's position - if the FBI is even interested in chasing it down. It is in the files and all they have to do is prove the man's connections to Duane's brother. That should be a simple task for a FBI agent, if they want to solve this case.

7. The brother's connection to the man who received the call should have been done - unless the FBI is sitting on their hands or have been told it is TOP secret. They even owned investment property together and both had origins with Boeing in California.

----------------------------------

:)"To think you have the key to not one, but two of the greatest unsolved mysteries......WOW"

My reply is this:

Duane Weber was a criminal and the extent of this was unknown to me for 17 yrs. I expect that many of the individual he introduced me to - were ex-cons.

If you look at the logistics -
Duane Weber changed his name in 1962 to John C. Collins and was on the run until 1966 and the authorities sent him to prison with the name of John C. Collins and gave him a commutation of sentence in 1968.

Why did they give him that commutation in the first place.
He must have provide the authorities with some information that caused them to do that. As many times as he was arrested and as many times as he was in prison - THERE had to be some thing he provided them in exchange.

Think about this and the times - 1962 to 1968. We all know there was corruption in the system during that time and that has been documented. The warden at Jefferson was one of the worse.

Remember the FBI went looking for Duane after they released him and he did his parole time in Missouri, but then went to Colorado where his wife had relative.

They probably found him to verify the information he provided as a snitch. Was this in regards to one of the "residents" or his connections with someone he met during his 4 yrs. on the run.

You guys believe what you want to believe just as I do. I lived with this man and now I know what he was capable of doing.
I expect Duane's IQ was relatively high in certian categories.

Yes, I would like the Marshal's contact information. All I will do is send him the pictures of Ed and the comparison to John and why I think they may have known each other.

Remember it was JOHN and not CLARENCE that I think resembles Ed.

Jo, Ed does not look like John Anglin, Clarence Anglin, Frank Morris, or Santa Claus. Ed does not match any of them and even they don't look like each other, maybe John and Clarence but only slightly. Ed may resemble Santa Claus a wee bit also but it is probably purely by accident.

Your idea of secure phones doesn't resemble reality either. They were very few and far between in the 1960s and if Boeing had ONE in its engineering department in that time frame it was probably going to be in a room next door to the Chief Engineer's office.

You mentioned that the two people you are talking about had connections with Boeing in California. Precisely where was Boeing's California facility located?

It is very unlikely that anything about the commercial version of the 727s had a national security classification. Instead, it would have a great big stamp reading something like "BOEING PROPRIETY" and it would be carefully protected by Boeing personnel.

The highest security classification I personally have ever seen was "FOR XXXXX XXXXX EYES ONLY" and I was specifically led to understand that there was no higher security classification in either the known or unknown universe(s). I am still not free to discuss what the "Xs" stood for. But you can trust me that the information in question was very closely held and highly protected.

Robert99

I don't see any resemblance to be honest, as mentioned before, why didn't he ask about Nita? I don't see any scars, it appears his hair is black under the grey. Eds nostrils do not match either Anglin.

Clarence...brown hair
Scar on left side of upper lip
Scar between eyes
Scar on right forearm
Has "ZONA" and a scroll on his left arm
"NITA" tattoo on upper right arm

John.....blonde hair
Scar on right wrist
Scar on left forearm
Scar on left abdomen
Scar on left cheek

Jo, don't you think you look just a little too hard for things or when trying to match them? the 3 from Alcatraz have a higher chance of being dead than Cooper. I think you would abuse any number given, the Marshal's office can be found very easily, "tip line"

with all due respect, how is that you think you can solve two decades old unsolved mysteries better than the FBI and now the U.S. Marshal's office? once the Marshal responds to you stating it's not a match, you will disagree with the findings....no? there are dozens of reasons why someone doesn't want to be seen or have there picture taken!

Georger I know by my revealing some of the things Duane discussed and said to me makes me sound like a looney, but I will swear to all of this in anyway you guys want me to.

Jo Weber was a naive woman, and she is not any wiser now than she was yrs ago, but she is trying to tell the story in the only way she knows.

I believe if you guys check back in the thread you will find I brough up something about Alcataz before....I just stayed quiet or I didn't have Ed's pic infront of me. I think it is because I did NOT know about the Zona tattoo on the brother.

Regardless, I hope I do not leave this life with all of you thinking I have completely lost it.
That is very far from the truth - What I think is happening is when one's life comes to an end that they see things clearer than they have ever seen it before. Suddenly all of the past flashes before you and the pieces to the puzzles in your life seem to fall into place.

That is what I think is happening to me lately. I am perfectly sane, but desperate for the vindication of my life with Duane L. Weber.

Sorry, I am crying right now and hope I do not have too many misspelled words and that you guys are comprehending the story as I told it. I would appreciate it if you guys would not twist what I am saying. That is very very important to me.

This is not a game for me and I am not trying to profit from this.
I have made it know before that should I do so - that the proceeds be use in a productive way so that other misquided individuals might have a chance at a normal life.

The life of Duane L. Weber is a mystery not to me,but to others.
I will never know all of the story, but I know enough to make me sound like a fool, but also enough to make it fool hardy to reveal much more. You will note I do not mention names (even when I know them).

You, Georger know about the phone call - made to Boeing and who took the call. Check it out and it will lead you to Duane L. Weber. Does it make him the jumper - I don't know, because at times I have felt someone else was involved and perhaps that person was Cooper and he did NOT survive his injuries, but someone helped him and when he died he was buried. Like Duane he was someone on one would miss.

Perhaps that someone was Vicky's dad - who knows. Wonder if the FBI ever looked at familia DNA in Vicky's case? Again I say this because of something I was told, but did not connect to Cooper. Duane always told me about his life in 3rd person and now so much of that is becoming more and more clear.

If this thread has been of no value other than to help me find my way thru the life of Duane L. Weber - that is good. So much of what has been discussed fell into place in the stories he told me and my research of his background - but the past is evasive on paper. The more I think about this the more I realize - he was a lot smarter than you guys gave him credit for. I was aware of that from the beginning.

Goodnight to all, as I have to get more rest than I have been getting and it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to sit at the computer.

I disagree with you on the resemblance between John Anglin (could have been a relative) and Ed Huran. All you have is a pic and I saw this person several times. Look at that mouth - that is a trait not many have. It was evident Ed wanted to exaggerate his appearance in the photo with his mouth open and his eyes as wide as he could get them.

I did NOT mean the two individuals has Boeing facility connections in CA. Family connections!

The story the man told - YOU check it out with the FBI - that is not my job! I know it was reported and it was a violation of protocol for whatever office he worked for.

Do you want a name? Well, I have it. I do NOT tell all - and you Robert99 are an xxxx yea more of those xxxxx's. You are a phoney looney who pretends to know all and whose only assignment is to confront and dispurse. You loose!

I just typed some information and then deleted it. That information does not need to be released to the likes of some individuals in this thread. I connected Duane with the man I have talked about...in regards to the phone call.

you make dozens of assumptions Jo, you fail to back anything up. Duane was released early from prison correct, and yet you don't know why, how do you know he was released early? once again, dozens of reasons.

you sound and act a lot like Knoss without even knowing, cover ups, who is on DZ, is he FBI? hiding the truth? you get so mad when people disagree with you, your investigative skills are highly questionable to say the least, I'm sorry Jo but you have gone from making Duane into DB Cooper to having a picture of one of the Anglins from another high profile unsolved mystery??? are you serious?? perhaps in your pile of photo's you have a suspect for the Black Dahlia?

now Ed could be a relative? reaching again Jo!
accusing people of covering you up is another Knoss move!
" that is not my job! " believe it or not it is Jo, if you want to be credible!

these are very high odds you gamble with Jo! sorry.....

Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message.
Traditionally, modern, credibility has two key components: trustworthiness and expertise, which both have objective and subjective components. Trustworthiness is based more on subjective factors, but can include objective measurements such as established reliability. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived, but also includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message (e.g., credentials, certification or information quality).[1] Secondary components of credibility include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness.

hearsay doesn't work!!!

B|

I disagree with you on the resemblance between John Anglin (could have been a relative) and Ed Huran. All you have is a pic and I saw this person several times. Look at that mouth - that is a trait not many have. It was evident Ed wanted to exaggerate his appearance in the photo with his mouth open and his eyes as wide as he could get them.

I did NOT mean the two individuals has Boeing facility connections in CA. Family connections!

The story the man told - YOU check it out with the FBI - that is not my job! I know it was reported and it was a violation of protocol for whatever office he worked for.

Do you want a name? Well, I have it. I do NOT tell all - and you Robert99 are an xxxx yea more of those xxxxx's. You are a phoney looney who pretends to know all and whose only assignment is to confront and dispurse. You loose!

I just typed some information and then deleted it. That information does not need to be released to the likes of some individuals in this thread. I connected Duane with the man I have talked about...in regards to the phone call.

Jo, You are the one who has managed to disprove your own claim that Duane Weber was Cooper. Ever wild goose chase that you have tried to start ends up being proven wrong. You do not have a single piece of evidence that would even remotely support your claim about Duane being Cooper. Will your claims ever end?

Robert99

If no one wants to see it, I don't want to go to the trouble of making adjustments and converting it for online (as PDF attachment) viewing. If enough people on this thread show an interest in viewing, I will do this.
Or, we can just let the Seattle FBI have the only copy for now.

Doesn't matter to me one way or another.

Go ahead and post it. I'd read it.

I would be surprised if it goes anywhere. Even if it were true and the FBI decided to investigate it, if they called in Geestman, why would he talk to them? He'd either assert his right against self incrimination or just say he's an old man and he just doesn't remember.

Mark B wrote

I would be surprised if it goes anywhere. Even if it were true and the FBI decided to investigate it, if they called in Geestman, why would he talk to them? He'd either assert his right against self incrimination or just say he's an old man and he just doesn't remember.

Likely outcome. The US Attorneys office could offer him immunity and force him to testify to a grand jury but "I don't recall" is used by a lot of people to dodge the perjury bullet when they can no longer invoke their 5th Amendment rights and are forced to answer questions.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Blevins wrote

Remember when I said that Christiansen's stamp and coin collection was worth about $300,000? That was WRONG. I finally got a copy of the actual appraisal. It was valued at approximately $30,000 in 1994 dollars, or about $45,000 in today's dollars. This was a mistake that originated from Lyle Christiansen, who tossed in an extra zero by mistake in an email. I believed him. Finally, I started checking and found out the true number. KC also had about $200,000 at the West One Bank when he died. That was verified by his final bank statements.

Good for you Robert. Few here so readily admit error. You'll probably get crucified by the Blevins haters for this correction but I think it shows diligence, humility and good journalistic ethics.

Gerstman was lying. His Foss tugboat story was pure BS, tug voyages aren't that long, but none of his lies are provably linked to complicity in Norjack.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Come on guys...

#1 John's brother & friend:

The man did exist and he was with a division connected to Boeing, but Not Boeing. He worked in secure position....and he knew Duane's brother.

The Boeing Paint contracts had NOTHING to do with John, but with Sherwinn Williams where he at one time worked in the Chicago area. John settled with his engineering degree in CA in the the 60'ss.

John was an engineer and also lived in WA were he obtained some property with a partner who worked near Tacoma that they lost money on.

This man told the caller some information and then contacted the FBI after Cooper did the job and told them about the call. The call came thru a secure line he thought the guy was a pilot asking for the information. He later thought he provided Cooper with the mean to do what he did.

#2 John Anglin

I do believe John Aglin might be Ed Hurand or at least related in some way.

a. Clarence had Zona tattooed on his arm.
b. Duane asked Ed how Zona was.
c. Ed answered by saying she was living with XXX

Ed had just come home from the hospital - Duane and Ed had not seen each other in a long time so when he got back with the medication we had this casual conversation but, it was short because Ed did NOT feel well.

d. Ed had a scared face and it appeared to be burn and the heaviest on his left cheek.

e. I never ask people about their scars - we all have scars and some do not show.

f. John Anglin had a scar on his left cheek

#3. I can't talk about on a thread and you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

g. The Anglins escaped in 1962

h. Duane obtained a false ID under John Collins in 1962 and was sent to prison on with that name.

h. Another individual in Duane's life asked about Ed. The man was Duane's height. Duane told me he was dangerous.

I only feel comfortable stating #h, because I think or HOPE the man is dead now. I am actually afraid of his man........

I stand by what I have said.
The pics I enlarged and have studied in detail. What I don't know is the date the John Anglins picture was made.

Duane lived in a criminal world and he was a criminal. The rap sheet for Clarence some one put up belongs to a man named Lyons....not Clarence Anglin.

I want a RAP sheet on John Anglin - so if some astute individual in this thread is able to find it - please post it.

this is what I'm talking about Jo, first you claim he is Anglin, then you claim a relative? there are no scars, burns are not considered scars in descriptions in LE.

If he was a relative why would he change his name? again, why didn't he ask about Nita? your claims are quickly reaching a Knoss level with paranoia.

Ed Huran has nothing to do with the Anglins!

In 1958 John Anglin robbed the Columbia Alabama bank with a toy gun together with his brothers Clarence and Alfred.[1] They were sentenced to prison for 35 years. John was sent to Alcatraz after being caught attempting escape from the state penitentiary; he arrived on October 21, 1960, as Alcatraz inmate AZ1476, and Clarence arrived on January 10, 1961, as Alcatraz inmate AZ1485

Duane was in Alabama!!! he must know these guys??

From the US Marshal:

MICHAEL DYKE: I have been dealing on and off with a lead in the Bahamas for about nine years now. The person was claiming that Clarence Anglin had lived in the Bahamas since 1962, had gotten married there, and had recently died there. But recently I received some additional photographs, and I ended up deciding that they didn't match. When you do facial geometry -- the distance between the eyes, the shape of the nose, the frown lines, things that don't change over time -- you can tell it's not the same person.