47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo says: "WHY did he carry an extra car size battery in the trunk?" here you are asking why.

Yes, because I didn't understand why

Jo say: "I DID NOT state that the CB was connected to that big battery. I understood it to be a
back up encase we got stranded" here you are explaining why.

That statement WAS NOT explaining it was a "back-up" because it was with all of the other emergency things in the trunk. Shovel, Plastic covers and rubber shoe covers, car chains, and blankets.

Jo goes on to say: "He knew how to make a car CD communicate with small aircraft." here you explain first hand. (CB not CD)

I am old I make mistakes typing.

Jo again: "What kind of system would he have needed to do this? AND still communicate with the truckers"

I ask a simply F---- question because I don't know what kind of system he had. I only know that one man who did some work for him - noted to me they unusual system Duane had and not something normally used. Out of the ordinary or the guy would not have made the statement....he said something else, but I cannot remember - these things were insignificant to me - I am a simple woman and I had no knowledge of CB's.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

That’s some excellent information and explanations on the various modes of HF comms, and their associated challenges and advancements 377. I believe you have far exceeded the annual allotment of intelligent dialog and the balance of the year will be spent in the Cooper basement.

Those HAMs did play a significant role in how the BUFF was designed and controlled with HF. Here’s a brief article about how some of that evolved:

http://www.hamslife.com/b-52-communications-improved-by-ham-radio-opearators/

Of course it’s written like LeMay ”Bombs Away” and Griswold “Don’t Call Me Clark” were in coveralls installing the systems themselves. I do believe they expedited the system’s facilitation due to their understanding as HAMs, but the SSB would have ultimately shown up in the cockpit one way or the other. History MUST be condensed to no more than two or three players, or Americans get sleepy and bored, and start publishing Technician license call signs, which expired in the last millennium, as an impotent display of relevance. So the article did a good job with the highest of highlights and a quick anecdote.

Here’s something you may appreciate, or clasp your head with your hands, and fall into some pathetic fetal position in the corner of the room and quiver as your bladder fails:

http://megacombat.net/radio-traffic-b-52-pilots-over-hanoi-linebacker-ii-4-of-5-2/

Most people would hear little more than static charged noise with some unintelligible grunts and groans. Whenever I’m feeling a little nostalgic about flying, late at night, I detune some SSB and put on the wireless headsets, strip to my underwear, go into the garage with a couple wet towels wrapped around me, then throw the towels to the same side of the washer to create an unbalanced load. Then I set it to spin, then I sit on the washer and scan my garage with binoculars I’ve duck taped to a motorcycle helmet, and look for indications of a SAM launch. Long after sunrise, and long after the next sunset, I get off the washer, before I lose my dignity, and reflect on just what a magnificent life I have now, and how nostalgia will treat you like its bitch. Yes.

I've asked Jo to tell me what evidence she relied on for her conclusion that the communication she heard actually originated from an aircraft. She hasn't yet replied. I'm being EXTRA nice and won't hound her or ridicule her response.

I haven't replied because I go to bed earlier now than I did before.
Remember we have a 2 hour time difference.

What was said was directional lingo & I don't remember much more. It was coming from the plane above us and we were going in the opposite direction. THE SOUND WAS DIFFERENT AND WHY IT GOT MY ATTENTION.

Same kind of communications I have heard when I flew in small craft over the yrs. Only a few times - private planes...some business and one gentleman friend.

Also having serious problems staying on line - I keep loosing the thread and have to sign on 2 or 3 times just to finish a post.

The response Duane gave them was something about frequencies. That is all I remember.

THis was 1978 in WY. Some how that communication came in on our CB.

Whatever - I am tired of hashing it over. I have told you what I know and yet, you guys keep tearing apart what I try to say and then twisting the words as someone did above in another post. That is sense-less...since I know nothing about this other than what I have told.

I know it happened and that is all.

I once heard a starling talking to a squirrel, and
then the squirrel talked back ... LOUD!

Yap yap! Yap yap yap! Yap yap! etc.

I wonder what that was all about.

Maybe squirrels and starling talked to Cooper/Duane
and we just havent found the right squirrel or
starling, crow, or racoon yet ... to know what
happened to Cooper/Duane ?

JT is an expert on squirrels, starlings crows, and
racooons ... but it didnt seem to get him anywhere
except to a goldmine!

Jo wrote about the CB-airplane communication

I dont think you are lying about what you heard Jo, I just think you misinterpretted it. The efforts of others to get you to understand and acknowledge your error has been for naught. We tried, we failed, we will let it go. 10-4?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo wrote about the CB-airplane communication

I dont think you are lying about what you heard Jo, I just think you misinterpretted it. The efforts of others to get you to understand and acknowledge your error has been for naught. We tried, we failed, we will let it go. 10-4?

Lie? Who knows...

But to spend months wondering about what one "did
not hear" so one may "know what one did not
hear" ... is a little like reaching in and out of a
coma... only to discover the patient has been dead
for 12 years ... and the bill is HUGE! ??? That is why
we need attornies .. who do not mind that mistakes
get made ... :D

The more serious the coma - the more serious the
WAKEUP!

Georger wrote

except to a goldmine!

Don't knock it. He said he could pull about $8000 dollars a day out of that hole. That's probably more than any of us make.

I'd talk to squirrels and eat crow for a deal like that.

I do wonder why JT completely disappeared from the forum.

I met Jerry and his child bride at the Portland symposium. In person, JT was easy to get along with and not at all belligerant, even when we disagreed. He put me in touch with Himmelsbach who graciously answered a bunch of questions I had about Cooper's alleged familiarity with donning a parachute rig.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Georger wrote

except to a goldmine!

Don't knock it. He said he could pull about $8000 dollars a day out of that hole. That's probably more than any of us make.

I do wonder why JT completely disappeared from thre forum.

I met Jerry and his child bride at the Portland symposium. In person, JT was easy to get along with and not at all belligerant, even when we disagreed. He put me in touch with Himmelsbach who graciously answered a bunch of questions I had about Cooper's alleged familiarity with donning a parachute rig.

Never talked to the guy so wouldnt know ...

When the CB picked up that transmission there was:

:(No Snow Storm as someone has claimed.

This same person mentioned cell phones:

:SCell phone in the prairies in 1978! I didn't know what a cell phone was in 1978?

AND you guys pick apart everything I say - WELL WELL.

Jo wrote

The trip the CB received the message from a plane was NOT to Gillett or Jasper. We were on our way WEST from Cheyenne to Rock Springs.

Jo,

Seriously, how do you KNOW the message you and Duane heard on the car CB came from an airplane?

Tell me how you are certain about your conclusion.

Are you willing to consider the possibility that it did not come from an airplane? If not why not?

Just as a side note... but I knew of more than one pilot flying up in AK... who had a CB installed in their plane as well as the normal radios. The guy I was flying in with had them to call to people in town to bring out the truck.. or snow machine to pick up their goodies. :)

I also knew of more than one float plane type.. who ALSO had Marine VHF ....just sayin.

Saw some odd stuff up in the far north and out on the islands, where FAA types were few and far between.

Georger wrote

except to a goldmine!

DUHHH!!!!
JT used to claim you 2 were close and talked all of the time?

Georger wrote

except to a goldmine!

DUHHH!!!!
JT used to claim you 2 were close and talked all of the time?

Why are you here ?

vs. There ?

For that matter why am I here!?

Bye.

Here ya go Bob, if you're stating your story is fact.

Call this number (931) 552-1018

Tell it to these guys, on record, subject to perjury and civil suit, of course. If any part of your story is false, you won't be able to call this number. If it is all true, they are the ones who can get you "Whistle Blower" Status and Protection.

So this is your last chance. Call the number, go on record and place all your cards on the table, or leave the thread and all of the "Cooper" followers, investigators, theorists, and fans of the story alone.

Matt

Why Tenn.? Why not? you make a claim, back it up, these are the guys, so?We went much further than that. "we"? Sure The answers I got were basically, we know, please be quiet. Go away. (Including Carr.) So threaten me some more. No threats, your making up a fable and slandering some good people. and Doesn't change any facts. You don't state or prove any "facts" Fact is that it was Pentagon sponsored Lie assisted by the FBI Agents Lie at the request of the FAA lie, authorized by the White House lie. That is what no one will admit and what you and your buddies try to bury.lie Jo Weber has some of the story, but her ability to investigate is not so hot. There were no CB communications. The appearance of Cooper was a surprise to most everyone. It was, according to everyone, not expected. But it was planned. At little new info for MrShutter. Go figure.and the final lie, of your post, this time

So call the number, let me know when you are going to, I will go sit there and wait for them to answer for you. I hope they put it on speaker phone. It will be fun.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I've asked Jo to tell me what evidence she relied on for her conclusion that the communication she heard actually originated from an aircraft. She hasn't yet replied. I'm being EXTRA nice and won't hound her or ridicule her response.

Jo writes:

THE SOUND WAS DIFFERENT AND WHY IT GOT MY ATTENTION.

Could this be a previously unrecognized case of "remote hearing"?

Robert99

Jo writes:

THE SOUND WAS DIFFERENT AND WHY IT GOT MY ATTENTION.

Could this be a previously unrecognized case of "remote hearing"?

Robert99

It's a "remote possibility" B|
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Holy Cooper Chronicles Batman! I have never read so much horsesh*t in my life. There is enough whining, griping, nagging and complaining about the dumbest stuff you ever heard on this forum.

I came on here hoping to learn something about this intriguing mystery in that maybe those who have studied, investigated and analyzed it may have some insights. The only insights I have read on here are 'look at my inerds up through my backside'

You people who bicker on here ought to get a life or get back to basics.

Why did Cooper steal the money? Profit, deceit, revenge (weak), boredom, narcisist, black ops?

What is the profile that Mucklow helped the FBI create?

Get back to solving this.

Holy Cooper Chronicles Batman! I have never read so much horsesh*t in my life. There is enough whining, griping, nagging and complaining about the dumbest stuff you ever heard on this forum.

I came on here hoping to learn something about this intriguing mystery in that maybe those who have studied, investigated and analyzed it may have some insights. The only insights I have read on here are 'look at my inerds up through my backside'

Why did Cooper steal the money? Profit, deceit, revenge (weak), boredom, narcisist, black ops?

my life is extremely full right now thank you, keep the "get a life" quotes on Facebook.

I understand there is a lot of "bickering" going on from time to time, however, we have been able to resolve issues here.

since you want information I can tell you I'm presently working on the flight path via simulator, plus working about 50+ hours out here in the real world so forgive me if it sounds offensive.

sometimes when a question is asked, it takes some bickering to get answers, but you are correct on the amount. (too much)
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Hey 18E,

If you want people to quit griping and complaining, you should not reply with a post that is nothing but griping and complaining. Practice what you preach, dude.

Sooooo, what have you got to offer to the discussion that is substantive, anti-whining, and anti-complaining?

MeyerLouie

my life is extremely full right now thank you, keep the "get a life" quotes on Facebook.

I understand there is a lot of "bickering" going on from time to time, however, we have been able to resolve issues here.

since you want information I can tell you I'm presently working on the flight path via simulator, plus working about 50+ hours out here in the real world so forgive me if it sounds offensive.

sometimes when a question is asked, it takes some bickering to get answers, but you are correct on the amount. (too much)

I am sure he knows that, he took four days to read through the threads thousands of posts, before his one post.

As an 18 series he is pretty smart, and Echos, are not known for being stupid.

He called a bunch of us out for getting off track, problem is when we are on track, some asshat decides to pop in with childish pics, juvenile tantrums and bickering, lies, politics, travel plans, numerous other unrelated crap, etc, etc. Few, are without blame.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

my post was in-general, not directed to you specifically mrshutterr45. You were simply the last post on the thread.

The Facebook comment made me laugh so thanks for that one. Those people are working to steal others lives for their own.

This Cooper thing is crazy. I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and knew of the Cooper mstery, but then I read Skyjack (Gray's book) and now I can't quit thinking about this thing. And I feel I have a lot of life.

The answer is out there. The only thing is...is there anyone alive yet that still holds the truth...crazy

my post was in-general, not directed to you specifically mrshutterr45. You were simply the last post on the thread.

The Facebook comment made me laugh so thanks for that one. Those people are working to steal others lives for their own.

This Cooper thing is crazy. I grew up in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and knew of the Cooper mstery, but then I read Skyjack (Gray's book) and now I can't quit thinking about this thing. And I feel I have a lot of life.

The answer is out there. The only thing is...is there anyone alive yet that still holds the truth...crazy

that's the million dollar question right there B|
welcome by the way.

Thanks and thanks for the welcome wagon.

Q1: Why did Cooper choose to dress out-of-date? He looked 1965 not 1971

what gives you that impression?

The description given of his dress. The overall description was that of cropped and narrow. That was '60s style (remember the tie...narrow-straight) not early '70s. Seventies was flared and wide. So, Cooper was either oblivious to style, cheap, oblivious to standing out (wouldn't you be easier noticed and ID) or dare I say it...working for the U.S.