47 47
quade

DB Cooper

You keep playing the 'my time on this earth is running out' card, yet you hide cards, talk in ridiculous riddles and promise big revelations that are never delivered.

I am not well at all and having to delay a planned surgery is not helping me. Due to some current things going on in my life and the concurrent Stress created, I blew my preparation for surgery (stopped smoking and had been off of the prednisone I take to control the side effects of Celiac). I needed to do that surgery before the end of the yr. before flu season since I am unable to take the flu vaccine due to a hereditary disease in my family..which seems to present itself after such immunizations.

This surgery cannot be done if I am run-down, smoking, taking prednisone (or similar drugs) and/or have an allergry attack or coughing for any reason. It was a hard climb back from the May surgery and this one has much higher risks. Due to the delay and my current stress problem I may not be a candidate for this surgery which is one that would allow me to lead a more normal life.

I talk in riddles about certain things because if I laid all my cards the table - no one would ever believe me and sometimes this information incriminates others who may or may not have been involved. I cannot and will not subject myself to possible lawsuits for slander and there are some individuals who at one time I was afraid of...I told the FBI about these people and Sluggo is aware of who they were but the FBI never communicated with me if they did or did not contact these individuals.

Both are deceased now. The guy in Alabama - named Tommy Gunn and the other a former employer I was told was Mafia in Chicago, whose name I revealed only to the FBI. This is the BOSS Duane loaned 5 K and I would like to know why or how. Where did Duane Weber get 5K in those days? The note was not in the files I went thru the other day - so now I have to go get another box out of storage. I should have catelogued the damn files.

As for keeping my options open and having a plan: There is no plan and some things I still work on have not produced any results as they often require the help of others and the FBI to verify. These guys who help me are not paid - they do the things they do our of kindness and they want to solve the case, but prefer to stay out of the "loop" so to speak. Both have full time jobs, so this is just a side line for them. Maybe they are paid FBI pacifiers. Who knows, but I have to trust some one at least part of the time.

He might be the jumper or he might be the guy on the ground.

Duane definitely was part of the crime and you know exactly what he said in WA the only time he mentioned Cooper on that trip in 1979. I questioned him about this statement "That's were Cooper walked out of the woods" I replied with "How would you know". His answer was "Maybe I was the man on the ground." You are very well aware of this as everyone has been since get go. You also know I knew little about Cooper in 1979. Then in 1996 I learned that Dan Coooper was D.B. Cooper. I was on the phone to the FBI and now 15 yrs later I am still learning who Cooper really was.

There is a cemetery he pointed out that is still haunting me to this day. His statement was "I used to know someone buried there" and I did not ask who. The only way he could know anyone in that cemetery was 1971 or before. It was pouring the rain when I was there in 2010, but I walked as much of it as I could and I studied the cemetery records - I only found one date and one name that stood out - but, I did not know what I was looking for.

If you think apple picking is somehow related to parachuting then we have a bunch of migrant farm workers who need to be checked out as Cooper suspects.

It might if he did work for the smokejumpers related to carpentry or became buddies with some of the jumpers at the local bar - plus doing volunteer work during burns, etc.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo wrote

Only the DNA on one of those envelopes means anything to me. The one mailed in Oakdale.

If it came up as Weber - great it is over. If it comes up as a female - relative great it is over.

No, it's not over. A wannabe could have been the person who put those letters together. Anybody could have authored them. They revealed nothing that would tie the writer to the skyjack.

If the letters had Sheridan Pererson's DNA then it would probably pop his Nepal mud hut alibi bubbble.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I have reviewed nearly two hundred pages of text downloaded from Marla's interviews, and her claims since August.

This article, to me, is special. And being a book editor, I changed my approach to the article. Instead of reviewing available information on a subject and doing an article, what I sought were inconsistencies in her statements to different media. I have found many.

These will be presented, as well as a general review on why her story does not corroborate the known facts of the hijacking. It also challenges her with easy ways she could truly verify her story. I did this to be fair.

Links to this article will be sent to major media in the Northwest, as a press release. This is the best way to draw their attention to it, and to assist in challenging her claims.

Comes out Monday afternoon. I will post the link when it does.

And if Marla herself is not 100% sure of some the
facts about the brothers, then what? You run the
risk of accusing her of not knowing something or
not having been consistent when she may not
actually know ? When its obvious facts are
not only coming from Marla but a number of
sources.

Example: it is now documented that several
sources developed facts about Doyle, not just
Marla. One source says Doyle was a paratrooper,
or had jump training in the military. But a family
member is saying no. So Marla aside, people may
not have all the facts nailed down, irrespective of
intentions or who it is.

Ambiguities are not necessarily lies - you always
claim to have found lies?

I wonder if you are in a position to make any
evaluation at this stage? Published articles and
even Marla's remarks day to day, are not the whole
body of evidence that has surfaced. In other
words, what makes you an expert or in a position
to judge anything at this early stage, when all you
have are other people's accounts? Have you ever
talked to Marla? I see more re-edits coming from
you until at length you will wind up in the same
conundrum you did with Blast.

Maybe you have something nobody else has, but
why should you have?

Come to think of it, you have never presented,
discussed, or debated any fact of the case so far
here. What am I missing? Guess it has nothing to
do with facts, as before. At least you are consistent!

The one sent from Oakdale is different - if he had an injury that needed to heal - he would have stayed there. The sister thought I was MJ until she met me in 2004 when we went to see John. She had a heart attack while we were eating dinner at Johns house.

I went to the hospital and she said "You aren't Jo". I told her yes and reminded her I had never been to CA and that I was living in Milledgeville, Georgia in those yrs.

She smiled a smile of relief - as I explained Duane had another woman when he was in CA and I didn't meet him until yrs later.

She reach up for my hand and said something - I think it was I am so glad you seem like a nice lady. John and I did NOT get to have our talk as Jim and I left them at the hospital with his sister and wife. We flew hom the next day. I have letters she wrote to me before she died but the hand writing was not the same on the Oakdale envelope.

I guess who ever Duane had with him - she was introduced as Jo.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins,
You may have found a lot of articles, but I bet a lot of them are redundant. Marla didn't say much herself back in August. The longest published interview was with the Daily OK. There really isn't much since then outside of Bruce Smith's articles and recaps of the symposium.

BTW, I'm looking forward to see how well you answer the questions I posed.
The Money Connection

"FBI officials told the station that they are conducting the tests, but would not comment on their next move in the case."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070038/DB-Cooper-case-solved-FBI-tells-niece-skyjacking-suspect-matching-fingerprint.html#ixzz1fxtVHXPU

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Millions of unemployed comedians and the “DB Cooper Mystery ‘Solved’” thread decided to be funny for free.

The rarely seen IBTL card was thrown down along with a +1. This followed by someone asking what IBTL meant while the rudderless ship ‘Ironic Question’ steamed down the DZ River before docking in ‘Port You Were A +2 But Didn’t Know It’.

Keep in mind this was spontaneously orchestrated in less than 18 minutes including the serendipitous +2.

Millions of unemployed comedians and the “DB Cooper Mystery ‘Solved’” thread decided to be funny for free.

The rarely seen IBTL card was thrown down along with a +1. This followed by someone asking what IBTL meant while the rudderless ship ‘Ironic Question’ steamed down the DZ River before docking in ‘Port You Were A +2 But Didn’t Know It’.

Keep in mind this was spontaneously orchestrated in less than 18 minutes including the serendipitous +2.

SYNOPSIS - The Music Man tells the story of
traveling salesman, Harold Hill, and his visit to a
small Iowa town in 1912 where he meets and falls in
love with the willful, spinster librarian, Marian Paroo.
With his fast-talking style, "Professor" Harold Hill
convinces the town that unless they adopt his
revolutionary music program, the youngsters of
River City will be forever doomed. He gets the
parents to buy instruments and expensive uniforms
in order to form the River City Boys Band. Chaos
ensues as Hill's credentials are questioned and he is
called upon to prove himself to the citizens of River
City. After great machination, the good people of
River City decide that 'playing a broken trombone
and a keyless clarinet is better than getting syphilis';
as if those were the only choices.

That OP didn't swing by this "epic thread" (thanks Quade :)) did he? Would have been interesting to see him comparing notes with deathray on this apparent Cooper. Who admittedly didn't claim to niteflier to be Cooper, and may just have been one of the guys who jumped in Asia...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I sure am glad I did not add to that thread.... a certain MOD of the Bonfire once said.. even using the acronym was grounds for BANNING..and since not all the Animals here at the Farm are equal.... well you know[:/]

Doesnt it look distorted, aspect ratio wise?

Might be an artifact of scanning or something not intentional.

Is his face really that skinny and long?

Georger, can you restore it to what you think is natural?
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Thanks Georger!

So many pepole look like the sketch.

Hunter Thompson was a really good match.

just added a second large facial -
above.

I get a kick out of those Elvis sideburns. No doubt
about who his idol was? Except nobody has
commented about the sideburns? Marla hasnt to my
knowledge? I have a feeling those sideburns were
a fundamental part of his character at that stage of
life ... wonder if he performed anywhere? Look at
those long fingers of his.

This guy's ex-wife is still alive. They lived at
Vancouver from ~68-70.

Wonder what those guitar straps are about - did he
make those?

Thanks Georger!

above.

Vancouver from ~68-70.

make those?

I remember Marla saying he made the guitar straps. He gave them as Xmas presents. Marla gave the FBI the one he's holding to look for fingerprints and DNA if I remember correctly. Maybe Blevins has that in the 200 articles he's downloaded.

>>Marla Cooper told ABC News that she has provided the FBI with a guitar strap and a Christmas photo of a man pictured with the same strap who she says is her uncle, Lynn Doyle Cooper.<<

http://abcnews.go.com/US/db-cooper-exclusive-niece-provide-key-evidence/story?id=14219052#.TuEuLmPTpGQ
The Money Connection

Thanks Georger!

above.

Vancouver from ~68-70.

make those?

I remember Marla saying he made the guitar straps. He gave them as Xmas presents. Marla gave the FBI the one he's holding to look for fingerprints and DNA if I remember correctly. Maybe Blevins has that in the 200 articles he's downloaded.

>>Marla Cooper told ABC News that she has provided the FBI with a guitar strap and a Christmas photo of a man pictured with the same strap who she says is her uncle, Lynn Doyle Cooper.<<

http://abcnews.go.com/US/db-cooper-exclusive-niece-provide-key-evidence/story?id=14219052#.TuEuLmPTpGQ

............Uh Art...........hate to tell you this but..............your info and link are old news buddy.............................some 200 pages ago...........................

377. Maybe people should stop writing books and get out to the state of Washington and start searching for the parachute Cooper used. Do you think just pieces of it could be worth thousands. If the chute didn't open and it was found hole how much do you think that would be worth to a collector. Im guessing it could be worth a million or more it would be only one of a kind. What a hell of a payday that would be. So all you guys that think your related to Cooper or know who he is get some Info on where the chute is.Or at least a LZ. The one that comes up with this info will be the winner of Cooper Mania . and not a Jo Weber or Marla Cooper wanabe. Come on Geoger, instead of insulting people here on dropzone come join me for the search for the real evidence.Jerry

One thing I agree totally with Jerry on is that the Cooper chute is out there somewhere. If Cooper lived, no way would he pack the chute out. If he died as a no pull its out there too. If the chute never deployed it could be in decent shape. Recent WW 2 plane crash excavations have yielded packed chutes in remakably good condition. See attached photo of chute found near a glacier in 2005 from a 1942 crash. I saw one pulled from an underwater wreck that looked almost jumpable.

As to value, I am not sure, but Cooper's chute would be worth a lot. People have paid many thousands for small pieces (2 sq ft) of Apollo and Mercury capsule re-entry chutes of proven heritage. The Cooper chute is arguably the most famous parachute in modern history. Da Vinci's pyramid chute would be more valuable but if he ever made one it's long gone.

https://www.google.com/search?q=da+vinci+parachute&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS453&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xFHhTrrWD4OviQKVveToDg&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=815

I’ve been following the DBC discussion closely for quite awhile (although not nearly as long as you have). I also attended the Nov. 26 symposium. I found your presentation on the NORJACK chutes to be outstanding.

It should have been obvious to all attendees from your use of the audience volunteer that any individual with limited skydiving experience would have been hardpressed to both easily and quickly strap on the chute and correctly fasten that particular buckles and attachments within the short window of time described.

In addition, your humorous description of the PDX airport security's inquiry into your NB6 chute was certainly a high point!

Some food for thought:

Marla's claim that the FBI has informed her personally that the case is winding down is certainly intriguing. Obviously, the general feeling of most of those who have posted on this blog recently seems to be is that her recent emergence as a potential witness, more than any other emerging witness at the moment, requires some critical scrutiny. The nature of her story is compelling at the moment, especially because it is new and because many existing candidates previously considered have been dismissed.

While we wait for an official statement and any clarifying info., we are left with four scenarios. There are no other logical possibilities:

(1) She is a liar (i.e., she is intentionally failing to tell the truth for some unknown reason).

(2) She is crazy (i.e., she is unintentionally failing to tell the truth; she doesn't know the difference).

(3) She is deceived (i.e.. she is a truthful witness to what she saw, but her suspicions of Uncle LD may be ultimately discredited).

(4) She is a truthful witness, (i.e., incredibly, her suspicions of Uncle LD may be, after all of these years, correct).

Although on an objective level we don't have any concrete evidence at this point to eliminate any of these above possibilities completely, we can use what we have to evaluate which scenario may be more LIKELY true of her and her story FOR NOW.

Now let's examine each of these scenarios based upon the information we have to this point.

Scenario #1: According to Marla and the FBI – providing both of these parties have been truthful – she passed a lengthy lie detector test. Although we don’t know the type of lie detector test she was administered, we don’t have any type of psychological evaluation on Marla to indicate whether her mental framework is the sort that could allow her to falsely pass a lie detector test, and we don’t know for certain that the FBI isn’t so anxious to close this case that they are willing to publicly accept the candidate who is most likely and/or most currently compelling as a way to save face (As a side note: Ckret’s appeal to the public did coincidentally end with, “…maybe someone will remember that crazy uncle…”) We don’t know any of this for certain, because even though you and other investigators of this case have had access to some levels of Cooper evidence, none of us are privy to all of it, being that we are not internally based in our profession within the FBI.

However, in the absence of other evidence, at this point I’m willing to call Scenario #1 unlikely. Your opinion (I’m drawing this from your posts), my opinion, and the posted opinions of others would be that Marla is not a liar. Her story has not appeared to waver in terms of any of the major details. Her description of the powerful walkie-talkies owned by her Uncle and other details of the case was spot on.

Scenario #2: Again, we cannot be certain here (Marla, to our knowledge, has never been asked to take a psych exam), but I have not heard of any rational person produce evidence yet to suggest she is crazy. In order for her to qualify as delusional and personally unaware of the reliability and validity of her story, she would have to deceive a great number of journalists, investigators, private citizens, and FBI agents, many or most of whom have at least some degree of psychological training in detecting crazy cognition, magical thinking, and delusion.

On the contrary, she comes off as completely competent. She has done well professionally as an executive manager for a coffee company, and by all indications, is very well networked and resourced. As we all know, there is strength in numbers. Someone surely would have noticed if she was crazy. In my brief, one-time conversation with her, I did not notice any pathology. On the contrary, I found her competent in her mental faculties.

In the absence of other evidence, at this point I’m willing to call Scenario #2 highly unlikely. If she was and is crazy, she has fooled a great number of competent, intellectually qualified people.

Scenario #3 is more problematic, because the evidence she has offered is circumstantial first-person eyewitness testimony from a child’s alleged observations 40 years ago. We do not have any hard evidence yet to put Uncle LD in the back middle seat of Flight 305. Its entirely possible Marla is an innocent soul who is simply misguided and is not aware that she is looking for some form of personal closure for her experienced family dysfunction. Again, we will have to hope that time will uncover more information.

If Marla is/was merely deceived, we would suspect that other friends and family members from 1971 would eventually shed some light on this possibility that she is deceived. However, it is interesting to note that other family members thus far (i.e., her mother) have corroborated, rather than challenged her account of Thanksgiving, 1971. I suppose, while it is theoretically possible that her mom is crazy too, the more family accounts that continue to corroborate her account, the less likely this is true as well.

In the absence of other evidence, at this point I’m willing to call Scenario #3 possible, but not yet probable. This scenario, however, is logical, and no hard evidence can discount this scenario yet.

Scenario #4 is not problematic thus far, given that from what others and I have been able to discern, the major details of her story overlap so far with what is known about DB and NORJACK. Marla’s explanation of LD’s fascination with Dan Cooper, Uncle Dewey’s connection with Boeing, her description of the high-powered walkie-talkies, and family reaction cannot be discounted until further evidence is made available.

So, however unlikely it may seem, in the absence of other available evidence, I’m willing to call Scenario #4 possible, may even likely, but not certain. Marla should not be discounted simply because she has received public exposure and because she stands to profit from a future book deal. If I place myself in her position, and I believed my uncle was the NORJACK culprit, I would want to profit to. We must remember that history if full of individuals who have profited from both false pretenses and authentic, valid opportunities. The fact that she stands to gain much should not necessarily disqualify her story.

A parting thought:

There are highly intelligent people who have spent anywhere from a few hours to tens of thousands of hours attempting to solve this case for years and even decades – many people are aware of who these individuals are in this forum.

It is important to note that from a psychological perspective, an invested devotion to any personal project such as this can provide a number of personal benefits for the individuals involved: a stronger sense of identity, a level of unique socialization, the pursuit of private goals, and a general sense of being needed.

This is important to state, because all of us who have examined this case will want to take care to ensure each of us are mentally prepared to qualify a theoretically credible witness and accept the endpoint of this case – whoever this witness may be.

This person does not HAVE to be Marla and Uncle LD; perhaps the suspect truly is someone else. However, if her story proves to be legitimate, any individual – including her – would, in the end, deserve an objective level of acceptance from the Cooper-sleuth community.

Green Elf

GreenElf: There is no proof Marla has taken any polygraph test. There is no proof any FBI agent has ever told Marla that her uncle was are is Cooper the fact is, no FBI agent is allowed to make this statement to any witness. This statement comes directly from the FBI.Curtis Ng has only said that it is an ongoing investigation. I reference to a telephone call today the FBI still states the is no plans on closing this case and it is still an on going investigation. As for uncle LD he is said by Marla not to have been able to walk the day after that thanks giving day how did he get out of the woods or how was he able to contact anyone to come to his aid . The hijacker had no comunication device's on him and no room to store one.None was observed. As for puting on the chute no one observed him attempting to put on the chute. Only thing he was observed doing was working on a parachute he had opened near the aft stairs. The injuries Marla discribed her uncle as having are not the type of injuries you would recieve in a jump. Point being there are more holes in her story than any I have heard to date.Jerry