47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I've read a lot but not all of the 1019 pages. Can anyone narrow it down a bit for me?

Some guy allegedly using an assumed name either jumped out of a hijacked 727 or didn't, and either lived or didn't and seems to be related to 1/2 a dozen people that don't know each other...oh and it's a lot more than 1019 pages, this is the SECOND thread! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Jo, would it be too much to ask that you present solid evidence via scanner or pictures?

As Mr. Blevins has stated - I have provided pictures and documents. Not all of the documents because I have a hard time scanning documents and making them so they can be read on the computer.

I have several questions to pose to the FBI which I think deserve answers. No not all of these question are about Weber.

1. The Tie: This tie evidence has many confusing stories about it. It seems the tie did NOT come into evidence immediately - there seems to be a 4 or 4 yr delay. NOT one person has ever been able to explain why it was NOT introduced into evidence when they first searched the plane nor the discrepancy in the time frame it took to introduce this into evidence.

2. The DNA extraced from that tie if it did indeed belong to Cooper. Did it have any distinct characteristics such as a PDK gene or some other specific gene that might provide heritage? In regards to DNA did, the DNA they got for Weber contain the PDK gene?

3. Regarding the Prints used to excuse Weber. Carr indicated they used the prints off of the McNeil file yet, in 2000 the Agent of Record said Duane was never in McNeil. He would later state that Duane only passed thru McNeil when I confronted and informed him I had the McNeil file infront of me.

4. If number 3 is correct then why or how did they use the prints from that file...as in 2000 it was denied.

5. If Duane's prints where the same as the McNeil file why was he incarcerated in 1966 as John C. Collins and received a commutation of sentence under that name. Why would this occur if they had validated Weber's prints in 1966. Did the FBI NOT compare his prints at that time? Or did they discover his prints belonged to Weber after his release - that might explain #6.

6. Why when Duane was released from Jefferson in 1968 did the FBI go to CO looking for him. This is when the wife and Duane and the kids took off for N.Orleans. Duane would never be arrested again for another crime after that time and he worked for a company connected to JMWAVE off and on for a period of time after 1968.

7. When the FBI started the centralized system on prints - most of this was input manually and I have heard of reports where the prints did get recorded correctly.

8. If the FBI investigated Duane, where was he from July of 1945 to 1949. Duane just disappeared until he was arrested in CA. and sent to San Quentin and then to Folsom.

9. Did the FBI even try to follow the trail of Duane from 1962 until 1968 when he was living as John C. Collins and I provided them with the SS number he used. During this time he was with his common-law spouse and they often used her last name - she even used different first names. When she told me she did not know his name was Duane Weber until his release from Jefferson in 1968 - I found this claim flawed although I never confronted her on this. Her name is listed differently on other records. Mary, Maria, etc.

10. Why did the FBI go to CO in 1968 after Duane's release from Jefferson and knock on the door of his brother-in-law. Both Duane and his wife were working legitimate jobs in CO. Why did the FBI not continue to pursue them if he was of so much interest they came from Ks or Mo to see him in CO and why did he run? The family told me this story. (Perhaps they found the prints were faulty - maybe they made new prints before he was released and found their error.)

11. Since Duane was obviously in the system for yrs - why could the FBI NOT explain his extreme knowledge of the N.W. and I believe he was there from mid 1945 until around 1948. Did the FBI check print files in Idaho around Coure d alene - wanted or unsolved crimes...this was to also include Spokane.

12. When Duane was in Jefferson who were his roommates and what other prisoners beside James Earl Ray did he know in that system? This should include why he was not identified as Duane Weber until after his RELEASE with a communation of sentence for John Collins. This is confusing!

13. In 1979 Tina lived in the Gresham area and this is when Duane and I made what I call "Sentimental Journey". What happened in 1979 during the last wk of Sept or 1st wk of Oct.
The day before I wore shorts at Salt Lake city, but by the time we got to Seattle I was using Fall clothing per the pictures. I have attached the picture Duane had me take in Salt Lake City - who is this man and why did Duane not want this man to see him, but he wanted a picture of him.

14. Why when the money was found did Tina go to the convent?
Did something happen in Gresham in 1979.

15. The bag the money went out of that plane in. It was not the whitish money bag - why has the FBI consistently claimed this?
That money went out of that plane in a canvas bag with a flat bottom. It had a leather handle and leather corners and straps.
How do I know this? I won't describe the color. I was told by Mr. H. this item was not involved in the crime.

16. Why has the FBI never denoted if Cooper was left handed or right handed.

17. Did Cooper have a small scar on his hand? I would have to look at the file.

18. Did Cooper take something from that plane beside the chute and the money? Did he take some items he had touched? A childs toy, a book or books, a book of matches, a magazine.

19. When Tina turned to look back from the curtain - what did she see...did he make motion to her - as one would a child with 2 fingers indicating she needed to do what he told her to do.

20. Cooper was purported by Tosaw to have given Tina a "look" when the money arrived in the bag. Did she secure a more adequate bag for him to put the money in from something one of the crew had or something one of the passengers left when they moved forward to the 1st class?

21. I ran out of questions.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Mel was in the Navy. His enlistment date was November 24, 1942 out of San Francisco.

He is a wanted felon and his fingerprints are on file at Leavenworth, San Quentin and Madison, WI. He is already in the FBI system and has a FBI number.

From what I understood, DNA could not be from a family member, but only from the suspect themselves.

Not on the crime shows. All they need is familia dna...you will carry your fathers gene and your mother - but they would know you are related. They do this all the time to find out who the father is.

Why can't the do this with your dna.

Jo,

Your reference to crime shows above is a fallacy. Crime shows are contrived, or fabricated, by Hollywood screenwriters! These televised shows have a completely different perspective than what really takes place in an accredited forensic science laboratory!

It may be helpful for you to read the following scholarly article:

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nschwei/archive/csieffect.pdf

THE CSI EFFECT: POPULAR FICTION
ABOUT FORENSIC SCIENCE AFFECTS
THE PUBLIC’S EXPECTATIONS
ABOUT REAL FORENSIC SCIENCE (N. J. Schweitzer &
Michael J. Saks)

Viewers of these shows are given an unrealistic expectation. Many will believe evidence is processed the way they observed it on a television program.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

I will not bet against Weber though, but since he can't be pinned to the plane, it's sort of moot anyway.

SCPLF , I wondered to myself ..would i bet that Weber was not Cooper and asked myself why not. What i came up with is 1. Have we ever seen a pic of Duane without glasses ? Cooper wasnt wearing eyeglasses and was seen reading inflight magazines which shoots down the glasses for reading theory.
2.Duane Weber had ears like jug handles although most pictures provided are such that we rarely see face on.
3.In all the pictures we have seen is there one with Duane holding a cigarette? In those days smoking wasnt as taboo and people thought nothing of having a photo taken informally.Ive yet to see one to confirm Duane even smoked cigarettes.We've heard about pipes , yes.
4.Duane Weber can be put in the South working at the time of the incident(not the actual day) but he had been and continued to be for years.

I'd consider that a fools bet to lay my money on Duane.Others much more closely resemble the photofits and profile.

THIs going to be a big week. The FBI is pushing this investigation of LD Cooper. Looks good and we should have a resolution to this case.

Actually, the Seattle FBI is trying to extricate themselves from the LD Cooper mess. Welcome to the Reality Hotel.

Actually actuallly actually, name your source!

I've read a lot but not all of the 1019 pages. Can anyone narrow it down a bit for me?

Shure: The hijacker has not been identified.

Questions? Read the threads.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Some guy allegedly using an assumed name either jumped out of a hijacked 727 or didn't, and either lived or didn't and seems to be related to 1/2 a dozen people that don't know each other...oh and it's a lot more than 1019 pages, this is the SECOND thread! :ph34r:

Excellent summary.

The other poster asked for "solid evidence", not a bunch of arbitrary pictures. These include, for example, a "mystery man" in Salt Lake city and a mystery child of somewhat indeterminate gender. Thankfully my memory has blocked out what the convoluted supposed " links" to the actual case of Cooper were. Oh, and there have been warnings of numerous imminent revelations that would shake us all, but none that actually materialized.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I would advise anyone unfamilier with the thread to definately read starting with the first original thread to which you will find a link on page 1 here.I would also suggest some of the old hands revist that early stuff too , happening day to day in real time maybe dulls ones senses to what was said , it is eye opening and i think most when they come up to speed on the thread (im almost done) will come away with a good idea of who wasn't Cooper.

Per your response: If you give any merit to DNA or finger prints from this case you may be retarded.
Are you serious? Tell me you were just kidding.
Eye witness account of height? really. How educated are you on eye witness accounts of accuracy. The skin color thing I am just going to sit back and laugh at.
My guess is you are one of those guy's that thinks that you are smart, and smarter than everyone else. This makes you a bumb ass. My guess is that you have your mind set on something and you are not open enough to hear anything. Sorry for you. Keep dreaming brother. Be happy and stay safe.

THIs going to be a big week. The FBI is pushing this investigation of LD Cooper. Looks good and we should have a resolution to this case.

Actually, the Seattle FBI is trying to extricate themselves from the LD Cooper mess. Welcome to the Reality Hotel.

You want to hear our case on Christiansen, right or wrong? Be at the Auburn Avenue Theatre at 11AM next Saturday.

:-)

Or are you trying to tell me you believe LD is actually actually actually The Hijacker?

'Hello...(hello) is there anybody IN there...'

Dont be silly. Just wondered if you had something real for a change instead of rumors. Guess I will
wait another year or two.

I do have one question , has anyone that mentioned a bourbon drinker link ever mentioned something more than just bourbon , as in bourbon & .... , on the record i mean as now it's mentioned if it hasnt before i'm sure google will be getting some hits

Bourbon and soda per:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/trail+disappearing+skyjacker/5218425/story.html

Yep. 68 pages in the first thread, which started in 2006. This one started in 2008.

Here's the link to page 1 of the first thread. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2540834;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thank you Low Pull1 , that wasn't what i'd found but it does go some way to show it wasn't just bourbon , the drink ordered if true was unique enough to catch my attention.I'd like to see it somewhere else mentioned and am reading Sluggos site with much interest.Well done Sluggo , that's what i call information.I didn't see this drink mentioned there in detail but it might be there.i'll keep looking.

This is probably an inconsequential bit of trivia but apparently I was mistaken, the Dan Cooper comics were available outside Europe at least at some point. I just noticed on eBay a Dan Cooper comic in Hebrew being sold from Israel, and one in Arabic being sold from Lebanon. Both were printed in the 1980's, but perhaps the series were available in those places earlier.

..... If the inclined wanted a seperate group wouldn't you think they established that long ago ?Just my 2c

You're right Lurk. It has been done long ago. There are other forums out there. For example, there's the yahoo group - DB Cooper Research and the Norjack forum that (I think) Sluggo set up. Several people from here post on there occassionally. A couple more web sites too that I'm not remembering off the top of my head. Google would know, I'm sure. I think it's just a matter of signing up?

I follow the other sites, but personally, I like it here.
Hunky, hinky, haughty, histrionic, heteroclite, hircine, halcyon, hedonistic, hyperbolic, healthy, and hebetudinous. Yep we've got all those "adjectives that start with an H" ...and more....but, as Frankie said...."That's Life". I just skip over what tires me out.

BTW: I don't know if he's had time to update it lately, but I always like to tout Sluggo's website. It is a great place for info, transcripts, maps, and such.
.......Plus he always waves when he passes my way :)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

The comic book thing is interesting, but unless you can connect it to a suspect, it doesn't mean much. I noticed this Marla has claimed something regarding the comic, like it was posted on a wall, or that her uncle was obsessed by the comic. Well, the FBI only brought that comic to everyone's attention in 2008, when they listed it at their website. LD died almost ten years earlier. Of course, he could have discovered this comic on his own, I suppose, but it probably wasn't common in the US, since it was printed in French. Just a thought.

I don't see anything to it, just was surprised it may have had a wider circulation than I'd seen discussed here previously. I thought Marla talking about the comic the way she did was a clear indication that her entire story was fiction.

..... If the inclined wanted a seperate group wouldn't you think they established that long ago ?Just my 2c

I really like Smokin99's reply and second it.

We have a neighborhood here. Others look at us and say some of you can do better. You don't have to live around crazies and homeless people. There is a nice gated community over at Google or Yahoo that is so much cleaner.

This forum has one big advantage in that it's part of a skydiving website. Many jumpers who are not regular posters do read it and jump in once in a while to add valuable historical or technical info. Larry Carr says the case is basically a bank robbery. To others it's basically a skydive. Everybody has their own perspective.

I like it here. It's home. It's family. People threaten to leave all the time, but they come back. It's family to them too, they just don't realize it.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I generously scribed the ingredients required to become a Certified and Verified (note: these words have no practical meaning) Cooper investigator/expert.

(Ingredients can be substituted with larger amounts of others but will induce nausea within the consumer)

1. Men in Black or a ‘relative’ will mysteriously arrive at your door. You are powerless to resist their demands for your talents.

2. Gather the ‘evidence’ and have it Certified, Verified and Confirmed. Never disclose this part of your recipe as this must remain secret. Just say those words because it makes people feel good.

3. Mix until you no longer recognize the constituent parts or where they came from.

4. Begin cooking.

5. Should this concoction begin to produce toxic smoke, make fizzing sounds or create a stench; simply deny, deflect and minimize. Repeat as needed.

6. After a few weeks, months or years remove and serve.

Gather round on Thanksgiving Eve and enjoy the biggest turkey ever!

The leftovers will last for decades and requires no refrigeration and can be recycled indefinitely (like the Dan Cooper comic).