47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I am going to take a gamble on something.

These names will probably be involved in the end game.
Steaxxx
Petersen (not Sheridan)
Kneustel ( Spelling uncertian)
Elliott
Feixxxxxxxx
Engxxxxxxx
Cooper
Thrasxxxx
Bafxxxx
Hanxxxx
Wexxxx
Lloxxx

Could be suspect or connected to suspect.

I feel positive it was someone involved in Missoula or McCall in 1947 to 1950 and smoke
jumper activies who became CIA or covert.

Weber was at Missoula or McCall but not under that name. Kickers from both went to Laos and to Latin America.

May have worked in a parachute loft - packing and repairing chutes...the radio shop was in the parachute loft.

I was careful to only give the first few letters of the name and those I did name we have heard before....I do NOT expect the "name" of the suspect to be Weber, Christiansen or Gossett.
I firmly believe he was connected to Missoula and why he chose that flight since it had just come out of Missoula.

I still think it is unethical for a FBI agent to discuss - details with writers BEFORE they divulge information to the public via England. For all we know it could be Vickies dad - but he had Hazel eyes just as Christiansen had.

Wait and see - they have presented suspects before that did no pan out. I still haven't found an article and there has been NOTHING on the new here in the South.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Sorry the skydiver in me made me make this post on page 1000 of...WTF is going on now with DB Cooper today...my guess...a bunch of hot air....someone writing another book...?
I have put my dad up as a suspect...I can put him under a parachute and don't remember where he was Nov. 24, 1971...

[\reply]

Um, don't forget that the obligatory demand that the FBI has to prove your dad wasn't Cooper.... :|:P

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

but he had Hazel eyes just as Christiansen had

His eyes were not hazel.

Sorry what color where they - I was going by the pictures you posted.

Did you read the article about that woman FBI agent stating they didn't think this article would be published until Nov.
Now that is just like the FBI - they go and talk to a London Paper before they even reveal it within the US.

The Article states
"We do actually have a new suspect we're looking at," FBI spokesman Ayn Dietrich says.

"It comes from a credible lead who came to our attention recently via a law enforcement colleague," she said.

"The credible lead is somebody whose possible connection to the hijacker is strong," Dietrich told the Daily Telegraph. "And the suspect is not a name that's come up before." An item belonging to the suspect has been sent for testing at a forensics lab in Quantico, Virginia.

Vickie I doubt you have anything of your father's so it is probably not you. Now if this Dietrich is thinking the stuff Lyle sent to the FBI - she has to have her head examined (doesn't she know Cooper was 5'11' and brown eyes"?

Jamie does have things of his fathers - that is a given. She specifically states it is an item that belonged to the suspect. It has always been told that Cooper wiiped his prints off. As for a magazine that was another skyjacker but maybe I am getting too old for this.

Coffelt's Widow may still alive - maybe she sent something of him?????? Last I heard she lived in Hawaii.

I till think they are trying to point the finger at Jamie's dad...wrong!

There was a woman named Stalla who tried to give the FBI some things a few months ago that belonged to her father. The FBI WAS not interested. So if they were NOT interested in this guy why were they interested in the MN guy. For some very strong reason I feel it comes of MN or MO and maybe the woman oout of MS.

give it a few day and lets see what happens. I frankily think they aughte to explore something mailed to the LA pspers on Dec 14 pm jos wau tp tje East Cpast /he was beggeing the athouriiities do come givet him......bit no one cold crach is code and all it sa was the Ramy nmber and the Navy number did in 2 scirches with the trun around number with the turn around numbers, But I doublt anyone knows where it is any more.

give it a few day and lets see what happens. I frankily think they aughte to explore something mailed to the LA pspers on Dec 14 pm jos wau tp tje East Cpast /he was beggeing the athouriiities do come givet him......bit no one cold crach is code and all it sa was the Ramy nmber and the Navy number did in 2 scirches with the trun around number with the turn around numbers, But I doublt anyone knows where it is any more.

This post is freaky. What's with all of the typos all of a sudden? Are you okay, Jo?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Here is an article that verifies, confirms and certifies who is not on the FBI suspect list.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/08/db_cooper_unsolved_hijacking_c.php

Let the parsing begin.

Or go back to watching your normally scheduled broadcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJX1Atch1k

Who’s that ridin across the plain….
Who’s lost count of the wives he slain….

From all the articles over the last 24 hours and leaks from LE, I've gathered that the new Cooper suspect is someone not previously on radar. They have gathered either finger print or DNA from a third party that is related or had a close relationship to the suspect. The suspect may be dead but did not die during the heist.

We already knew it was someone new.

Georger replies: Any new modus ponems?

It was a thought experiment that you became obsessed with. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have a reason to do any other thought experiments here.

Orange1 says: sounds like you have insider info? (in which case it would be unethical to take any bets on it...)

It's not unethical unless I'm from the FBI, but at this stage, they're the ones expressing the most optimism. I'll go ahead and extend the offer to anyone ever affiliated with the FBI, but I want them to give me some odds. I'll gladly bet against the FBI all day long when it comes to Cooper because they've shown me that they'll never figure this out. If you're reading, I will be your counterparty and we can make a deal.

Georger says: But you are a gambler.

I didn't realize Blevins liked to wager. I've read where he was 90% confident that KC was Cooper. If someone here is willing to split the cost to get KC's fingerprints or DNA independently tested against what the FBI has, I probably would be willing to make a wager to make it all worth our time.
Blevins and KC should be out the discussion, period, and anything I could do to help expedite this, I'd probably be willing to do.

The primary benefit of having Blevins involved is that his PR machine keeps Cooper in the mainstream media - but the benefit is balanced with us having to hear more and more BS that doesn't add up in the slightest. It's a bit irritating to see on TV, and even more unbearable to have to skip his posts on here whenever I make my annual visits. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way around here.

It was a thought experiment that you became obsessed with. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have a reason to do any other thought experiments here.

Orange1 says: sounds like you have insider info? (in which case it would be unethical to take any bets on it...)

It's not unethical unless I'm from the FBI, but at this stage, they're the ones expressing the most optimism. I'll go ahead and extend the offer to anyone ever affiliated with the FBI, but I want them to give me some odds. I'll gladly bet against the FBI all day long when it comes to Cooper because they've shown me that they'll never figure this out. If you're reading, I will be your counterparty and we can make a deal.

I didn't realize Blevins liked to wager. I've read where he was 90% confident that KC was Cooper. If someone here is willing to split the cost to get KC's fingerprints or DNA independently tested against what the FBI has, I probably would be willing to make a wager to make it all worth our time.
Blevins and KC should be out the discussion, period, and anything I could do to help expedite this, I'd probably be willing to do.

The primary benefit of having Blevins involved is that his PR machine keeps Cooper in the mainstream media - but the benefit is balanced with us having to hear more and more BS that doesn't add up in the slightest. It's a bit irritating to see on TV, and even more unbearable to have to skip his posts on here whenever I make my annual visits. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way around here.

Safe, I'll leave the betting to you, except as noted below.

This story has been picked up by MSNBC and CNN this morning and I imagine that there will be other news organizations jumping in now.

It should be noted that the FBI did not "leak" the information but, rather, "planted" it.

And if the FBI identifies Cooper but doesn't have a body, I'll be interested in your odds of finding Cooper's mortal remains, if any.

Finally, I am interested in doing a ground search for Cooper's remains just as long as it is not anywhere near Lake Merwin.

Robert Nicholson

Great to see you back here Safe, even if it's only once a year.

You were doing GREAT in the tunnel, how about taking it to the next level?

I have no idea who the new suspect is but it is exciting to see some FBI activity. Even if it's a dead end the news coverage might spur new substantive leads.

I keep bouncing back and forth on whether DBC survived the jump but my current thinking is that he survived. Just a hunch, no evidence.

I've always thought that the FBI really wanted this case solved to bring their skyjack case solving record to 100%. I give no credence to the FBI coverup conspiracy theories.

I'll bet Ckret is watching this with great interest. He is, like us, a DBC addict. "They tried to make me go to rehab but I said NO NO NO."

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

what a wonderful first read of the day!

:)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DB is alive and well living on the east coast. I met him in 2007 and one night after more tequila then the old man can handle he let me in on his secret. He's a cool dude.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Beats me - the stress has really taken it toll on my. My health, my car and now this.

I will try to figure out what I was saying in that post - but I doubt even I can decipher what my brain was doing at that time.
I know my blood pressure went OFF the wall and now I am taking some medication I had on hand.

Decoded:
Give it a few days and lets see what happens. I frankly think they aught to explore something mailed to the L.A. Time on Dec 14th Dec. 1971.

It was Dec 14 and Duane was on the East Coast near his sisters home. This was a plea for the authorities to find him. The code provided the message they would have to decipher and then they would know who he was.

All the code was - was his Army and Navy number done with a reverse smilies. July (the final day of service) was the turn around number and then the 2 eyes on each side of the QA also reversed but this became the eyes. His life afer that July date turned him to criminal activities to find sources of income - he was blaming them for his criminal life.

I wonder if the LA Times or the FBI kept the note and the envelope it came in. The DNA on the envelop maybe Coopers or the woman who was with him at that time after the crime.

This woman had a daughter who maintained to me that she KNEW Weber was Cooper. In this same conversation she talked about a child she had when she was 16 yrs old. The father was given custody of that child, but the female familia gene would exist in the child and match the DNA. She had 2 other childern who would have the same female familia genes. The familia gens may mactch those of Jame (Jason) Cooper. She even name one of her other sons Jason because she like the name. The father agreed to keep the name of the child as Jason...it was her only request when she signed custody over.

Her last child bears an uncanny resemblance to our own Jason or Jamie as he belligerently demanded I call him in the thread.

Perhaps Duane was using the name of Duane Ross. The Duane could and was spelled multiple ways..

I still have a gut feeling this is all coming out of MN and CA.

You are right Smokin99 - I am not doing to well. I am bearly functioning because of other issues and the secrecy of the FBI and their interviews with book writer and foreigners has not helped.

The FBI never ever provided me with anything - and that is just NO fair.

I have had a friend call me because the media is looking for me. As all of you know I have stayed out of the media and will do so on this - BUT, I feel the FBI owes me some explanations.

They at least OWE me an explanation.....regarding the SECRECY that surrounded Duane's military and prison record. If I ever talk to the MEDIA it will be on this ISSUE as this is the ISSUE that has caused me the most grief.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. DB is alive and well living on the east coast. I met him in 2007 and one night after more tequila then the old man can handle he let me in on his secret. He's a cool dude.

So Bones, if DBC was a "cool dude" drinking Tequila to excess and talking too much, he might very well have been a skydiver or at least a pilot. Glad you didnt rat him out if he was a sky bro.

What was his jump history?

Did he pay for his drinks with a twenty?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

With all the traffic today, it looks like the D. B. Cooper thread has been "discovered".

If the previous 1000 pages of posts on this thread are ever reviewed by an impartial viewer, it will probably result in a screenplay for a musical.

Robert Nicholson

it will probably result in a screenplay for a musical.

Let's start casting "appropriate" actors:

Charlie Sheen
Robert Downey Jr
Lindsay Lohan

Maybe we can get Phil Spector to write the score from prison.

With all the traffic today, it looks like the D. B. Cooper thread has been "discovered".

If the previous 1000 pages of posts on this thread are ever reviewed by an impartial viewer, it will probably result in a screenplay for a musical.

Robert Nicholson

Funny.

NPR just had a story including interviews with Geof
Gray and Agent Gutt. Nope - AB Houscleaning
wasn't consulted. Geof's book was mentioned. The
reporter mentioned the money find and evidence
the FBI has in this case which include Cigarette
butts, finger prints, and 'saliva'. No mention of
skin cells from the tie.

The NPR reporter said work on the new suspect is a
low priority with the FBI and probably will not be
finished by the Anniversary.

Geof Gray said he wouldnt be surprised if work on
the new suspect stalls due to 'flawed forensic
evidence the FBI has in this case'.

The reporter/FBI were very clear: this is a new
deceased suspect never brought forward or
investigated before, ie. brand new name.

it will probably result in a screenplay for a musical.

Let's start casting "appropriate" actors:

Charlie Sheen
Robert Downey Jr
Lindsay Lohan

Maybe we can get Phil Spector to write the score from prison.

Robert Downey, Jr.? He overcame his drug problems and appears to be sane which would probably rule him out.

I doubt if the same can be said of Sheen and Lohan.

Would Spector get to keep any money that he earned or would that go to his victim's family?

Robert Nicholson

So Bones, if DBC was a "cool dude" drinking Tequila to excess and talking too much, he might very well have been a skydiver or at least a pilot. Glad you didnt rat him out if he was a sky bro.

What was his jump history?

Did he pay for his drinks with a twenty?

He accumulated somewhere around 1200-1300 jumps in his lifetime, most of which were done a long time ago. I don't know the distribution of those jumps over the decades. He'd been on a long break from skydiving by the time I met him, probably due to financial constraints. He did do a recurrency jump and a small handful of jumps afterwards in 2007, one of which I was honored to be on. He did fly jumpers for a while as an income.

I don't think he payed for his drinks at all that crazy night. We all had so much fun sending the tequila shots his way and eventually got kicked out of the bar over some of the lewd suggestions he made to the waitress. He has a rather strange sexual fetish.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I don't think he payed for his drinks at all that crazy night. We all had so much fun sending the tequila shots his way and eventually got kicked out of the bar over some of the lewd suggestions he made to the waitress. He has a rather strange sexual fetish.

Fess up Farflung. Sounds a lot like you. Vicki, you agree?

Nice going on that 108 way Bones.

A story on MSNBC's web page this evening quotes Agent Gutt as stating that Christiansen has been ruled out as a Cooper suspect, that the tip on the new suspect originated over a year ago, that the new suspect has been dead for 10 years and that he had ties to the Pacific Northwest.

Robert Nicholson