47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Your right.....definitely says not a name that has come up within FBI before. The same article also says that Kenny was ruled out by the FBI -- so.... assuming the writer got that from the primary source...it would seem to exclude Kenny.

I thought the following from the Alex Hannaford Telegraph article
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/8667855/The-40-year-mystery-of-Americas-greatest-skyjacking.html was very interesting:

"FBI agents who have worked on the Cooper case over the years differ in their opinions of what happened to him. Special agent Larry Carr, who spent several years running the Cooper investigation, thought he must have died when he jumped as he was wearing just a suit, which would have afforded him little protection against the elements.
Current case agent Curtis Eng, however, thinks that if Cooper had died, we would have found clothing or money by now – something."

(My bold)

Maybe by December you will know something -
once the crackpots have had time to cool their
heels. Just a guess.

The Hannaford article is tabloid. Two major crackpots
were put at the centre of the article and negative
references only to Dropzone. That defines the
artcle. Hannaford was handed a story. Otherwise
the article is tabloid trash.

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/Pages/default.aspx

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

Ah.. so definitely something that would fall under "law enforcement".

I believe the words are: law enforcement colleague.
Someone who has worked with the FBI before but
who has independent law enforcement status, ie.
not FBI themselves. Who fits that catagory that had
a specific theory of the case and was looking for
suspects, who has been at this for years behind the
scenes ........ or, it could be someone brand new
who nobody has heard of (not even jO wEBER! or
her main contact in WA, _________________). You
can bet Jo's phone bill will be high next month.

who nobody has heard of...

I get where you're coming from, but couldn't law enforcement colleague - in this context - mean any law enforcement outside of the FBI? I've heard the term used before in cases where multiple jurisdictions/agencies were involved. So BCA or Secret Service does not sound so far fetched to me.

Unless, of course, you have specific inside knowledge of this development, in which case...oops, my bad.

As far as the hannaford article, tabloid or not...I thought it was a fun read. Plus it gave us something new to talk about and...as far as negative references to this forum....maybe so, but he's pretty much calling it like it is as far as I can tell.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

I get where you're coming from, but couldn't law enforcement colleague - in this context - mean any law enforcement outside of the FBI? I've heard the term used before in cases where multiple jurisdictions/agencies were involved. So BCA or Secret Service does not sound so far fetched to me.

Could be any of the above. Several things strike me
and fit with conversations I have had over the last
year.

The FBI chose to make this statement, at this
time. The fact of Blevin's book and media
campaign, the anniversary, media attention
building - cannot be a coincidence. This release
was no accident or entirely coincidental, in any
event.

It could be Vicki's Dad, something entirely new,
or merely anecdotal to other things developing and
at the end of this no new candidate will emerge.

It sounds like a new candidate but until that
emerges with a name and more information, this
could be just another false alarm, at the same time
the FBI is already having to deal with media
attention this year, in lieu of other plans the FBI has
for this case.

On the face of it it sounds like a new candidate.
It sounds like a process has been unfolding behind
the scenes. But there are always people looking for
suspects et cetera.

Clearly KC is off the board. Weber already was.
Galen has been silent and I cant blame him with
all of the KC nonsense going on. If Geof Gray knows
something he certainly did not tell the reporter.

I know this much. Im not going to spend two
seconds trying to track this down. In fact I had a
long night last night, little sleep, a hundred people
to help after a lecture in astrophysics, and "Ich" am
going to go in a take a nap ... its just past noon.
And tomorrow is going to be a very busy day ...

That is all I know with any certainty.

Smokin, I always look forward to your posts and
respect them, likewise Orange.

I will take bets against anyone that is willing to put their money on the new suspect. If there's no takers, I might be willing to give odds. I will put up a friendly little wager of up to $1,000 that the FBI will not be able to tie the new suspect to the plane via fingerprints or DNA. All speculation aside.
If interested, send a PM and we'll have to do some sort of escrow.

Intrade doesn't take wagers on issues that only 20 people in the world care about (sadly, or I'd just go there)

I will take bets against anyone that is willing to put their money on the new suspect. If there's no takers, I might be willing to give odds. I will put up a friendly little wager of up to $1,000 that the FBI will not be able to tie the new suspect to the plane via fingerprints or DNA. All speculation aside.

Intrade doesn't take wagers on issues that only 20 people in the world care about (sadly, or I'd just go there)

hey safe
sounds like you have insider info? (in which case it would be unethical to take any bets on it...;))
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Could be any of the above. Several things strike me
and fit with conversations I have had over the last
year.

The FBI chose to make this statement, at this
time. The fact of Blevin's book and media
campaign, the anniversary, media attention
building - cannot be a coincidence. This release
was no accident or entirely coincidental, in any
event.

It could be Vicki's Dad, something entirely new,
or merely anecdotal to other things developing and
at the end of this no new candidate will emerge.

It sounds like a new candidate but until that
emerges with a name and more information, this
could be just another false alarm, at the same time
the FBI is already having to deal with media
attention this year, in lieu of other plans the FBI has
for this case.

On the face of it it sounds like a new candidate.
It sounds like a process has been unfolding behind
the scenes. But there are always people looking for
suspects et cetera.

Clearly KC is off the board. Weber already was.
Galen has been silent and I cant blame him with
all of the KC nonsense going on. If Geof Gray knows
something he certainly did not tell the reporter.

I know this much. Im not going to spend two
seconds trying to track this down. In fact I had a
long night last night, little sleep, a hundred people
to help after a lecture in astrophysics, and "Ich" am
going to go in a take a nap ... its just past noon.
And tomorrow is going to be a very busy day ...

That is all I know with any certainty.

Smokin, I always look forward to your posts and
respect them, likewise Orange.

Thanks. Yeah, all of the above makes sense. I guess we'll know when we know.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Not a Gambling Woman, but I will state some odds and what I think is going on.

This is going to come down to a man out of MN with the initials of D.B. (just a co-incidence this cold case investigator's initials are D.B.).

Perhaps Duane and Margerite Ross? He told me that these individuals actually existed and resided in the area for yrs. Yet, I was unable to shake the feeling the Vocks murder was some how connected to the past of Weber. Ross is a name from Duane's past and was current during the the time of the murder.

Remember when Jamie was here - I kept trying to get him to do new DNA tests for a reason and I even offered to pay for the DNA tests. Remember how mad he got at me when he thought I was suggesting his mother was not his mother. This was not where I was going.

Remember that his birthdate was the birthday of a child I had tried desperately to find over the yrs.. Why? Because a step-daughter of Duane's had a baby they "gave" away. In those days you could sign custody over to the father and I felt that Jamie's father was the father of this child and the child was Jason. There are two 1/2 siblings that were also willing to provide DNA at my expense to compare with Jamie's DNA to find out if they all had the same mother.

I needed a different DNA from Jamie other than what he provided in the thread. He refused to answer any of my emails after I made the offer.

All of this may have NO connections at all. If this is the new suspect the FBI has - then the above DNA's will establish a relationship between Weber and his father. Also he might find a whole new family out there he didn't know he had.

I got a call this morning regarding the news release, but have found nothing other than what you guys posted in the thread.

Until I have read an actual article or know exactly what the FBI has - I hold with reservation. My blood pressure which normally reads very low at 115/66 w/ a P 58 was OFF the wall. The reading 3 hours ago was 158/83 with a P of 99...that is heart attack time for me. It has taken a tranquilizer to bring it down. I have NO idea how high it was during the 1st hour, but I was having chest pains.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Page 999. Wow.

Blevins, the Telegraph is not an unknown paper, certainly more people in the wider English- speaking world are aware of it than the Seattle whatever, and what I gave you was in direct quotes. I would trust the reporter on that one.

And it would not be the first journo to get some arbitrary fact about the case wrong. I believe even you have done that on occasion?
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

I just read the article from the UK paper about the Cooper case possibly being solved. I'm struck by the FBI's insistence in sticking with someone that matches the sketch and physical description. After all these years it's hard to manipulate these facts.

who nobody has heard of (not even jO wEBER! or
her main contact in WA, _________________). You
can bet Jo's phone bill will be high next month.

You will find it was a Cold Case worker out of MN and whose initials are DB, but that is just a co-incidence.

As for my phone bill - I have unlimited long distance and the FBI does NOT even take my calls - I gave up calling when I found they went to a recorder that didn't record anything I said.
:D:D

As for my cell I don't even know how to read the mail - so I just delete them. I use the cell only for travel and emergencies.

There has been an attorney out of Maine (if my memory serves me right) who has a suspect and the man has investigated the suspect for many yrs. I have emails going back over 6 yrs with this man. His last name starts with S. He never told me who his suspect was but that the wife believe her husband was Cooper. She supposedly live in MS but had family in Maine.

Also Maybe Geoffry was able to did up Max Gunthers old files.
If so and they found DNA belonging to the Wife of the time whose DNA will have a familial connection to Jamie's DNA...since that would be his Grandmother.

Jamie has been the only person who I ever tried to match to this only because he resembles one of the 1/2 brothers and his birthday and the fact his story takes place in the same area - Duane and his wife had friends.

Also the wife of the day had told me about Vocks and Duane had told me about Vocks before Jamie was ever known to me.
His Birthday was what pulled the 2 things together if they are even connected.

I even thought about Jamie being a plant for Knoss, because Knoss knew about the Vocks story. Why I never pursued Jamie after he left.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo writes:

I got a call this morning regarding the news release, but have found nothing other than what you guys posted in the thread.

Until I have read an actual article or know exactly what the FBI has - I hold with reservation. My blood pressure which normally reads very low at 115/66 w/ a P 58 was OFF the wall. The reading 3 hours ago was 158/83 with a P of 99...that is heart attack time for me. It has taken a tranquilizer to bring it down. I have NO idea how high it was during the 1st hour, but I was having chest pains.

Jo, Just plug "D. B. Cooper" into Goggle and you will get hits from Seattle, to London, to India. You may need another tranquilizer after that.

Robert Nicholson

Sorry the skydiver in me made me make this post on page 1000 of...WTF is going on now with DB Cooper today...my guess...a bunch of hot air....someone writing another book...?
I have put my dad up as a suspect...I can put him under a parachute and don't remember where he was Nov. 24, 1971...I think he said Hawaii...

hangdiver...holding my breath...

eta: correct date...musta been thinking about santa claus...to type Dec. instead of Nov...ha, ha...

and damn near forgot to give this thread it's Gold Wings...

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

As far as Georger's offhand comment about KC being 'off the board,' I will ask how he came into this information. That's strictly your personal opinion, and you have no way of knowing the Seattle FBI's current suspect any more than I do. Odds are that you are right. But you don't know for sure.

No. You dont know for sure. Well you know but you
can't or won't admit it, least of all publically. You are
like Jo (caught in the same dilemma) ... or you
wouldnt have launched this ship with gaping holes in
its side, at all. But you are a gambler. I am a steely
eyed missle man, by comparison! Its just our
different natures. No big deal. Not for me at least.

Nice to see your shadow again.

Any new modus ponems?

:$

Robert commented: As far as Georger's offhand comment about KC being 'off the board,' I will ask how he came into this information. That's strictly your personal opinion, and you have no way of knowing the Seattle FBI's current suspect any more than I do. Odds are that you are right. But you don't know for sure.

Georger replies: No. You dont know for sure. Well you know but you can't or won't admit it, least of all publically. You are like Jo (caught in the same dilemma) ... or you wouldnt have launched this ship with gaping holes in its side, at all. But you are a gambler. I am a steely eyed missle man, by comparison! Its just our different natures. No big deal. Not for me at least.

I've always tried to be forthright on my posts here at Dropzone and I usually don't hold anything back, even the names and locations of some of the witnesses, and what they said.

And I saw Apollo 13, too, Steely-eyed Missile Man. ;) That's a good quote, by the way.

YOU are the one going to absolutes by saying you 'know' the Seattle FBI isn't looking at KC.

I am not a gambler. I am the sort who requires verification, second sources, and evidence, whether it be documentary, circumstantial, or direct. Please don't put me into the same boat as Jo, who I'm sure means well, but who also offers up mysterious and ambigious 'revelations' and little or no hard proof.

I've said from the start that Porteous and I suspect KC was the guy. I've also said we can't say for sure.
This is one of the reasons I am waiting to see what happens from the Seattle FBI before agreeing to any interviews.

The hard truth is this: Either KC is the person being looked at or not. And even if he is, there is still no proof (for certain) that he was Cooper. I figure right now it's in the hands of the FBI and we will all have to wait for the results. I'll admit it's a bit of a coincidence that Porteous has been doing what he's been doing lately with those Special Agents back east...and now the Seattle FBI is doing what they are doing now. But, it could still be a coincidence. (Like enough of that hasn't gone around in the Christiansen case already.:o)

why in God's name would you look at a "cow" when it
obviously was a "cougar"! Cant you see tracks in the
snow?

Or is it the book-thing? How many stow-aways can this case support on it's back? There was ONLY one
Cooper ... not fifty seven!

plug "D. B. Cooper" into Goggle (sic)

I did just that.....and found a reporter that named the suspect. She may be on to something!

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/123897/break_in_db_cooper_case

You mean Farflung !?

Im going out for popcorn. Maybe its on at my local
sports bar?

Actually NO. Farflung thinks it is Hugh Hefner...Sheesh.

I suppose he has the Playboys to prove it. (purely speculation)
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Don’t even get me started on Fred Astaire. Too late.

Thanks to the likes of Dr Spock and his ‘book’, I was doomed to make a choice about participation in the arts. That’s right, sentenced to attend piano lessons to make me ‘just like Liberace’ or go to a Fred Astaire Dance Studio to make me graceful. Either choice made me sick.

What was up with that generation that won WWII? After defeating totalitarianism they wanted me to be just like all the other kids. Weird.

Anyway, I did in fact learn a great deal about grace and tolerance from my experiences. Not from the piano or dance lessons they were a major flop. It was during the travels (code for walking alone) to those venues that I was introduced to size 28 butt helmets and atomic ambush wedgies. No point in trying to run because you can’t get any traction with patent leather shoes or speed with an armful of sheet music. Sometimes victory is in fact defined by receiving ‘less punishment’ and many, many days I was the clear victor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk

Don’t even get me started on Fred Astaire. Too late.

Thanks to the likes of Dr Spock and his ‘book’, I was doomed to make a choice about participation in the arts. That’s right, sentenced to attend piano lessons to make me ‘just like Liberace’ or go to a Fred Astaire Dance Studio to make me graceful. Either choice made me sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMSBn7gtiU

On our recent date at the Tiki Bar..... the cool and hunky Farflung, along with his group of college friends, took over the dance floor.

HE SURE CAN SHOW A GAL A GOOD TIME.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs