47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Georger, just addressing this to you when it is actually to everyone.

Pat71 is beginning to sound like someone we ALL know. .

Pat could be male or female. Who knows.
It could be just what Pat says it is . . .
Dont be so quick to jump to conclusions ?
Whoever Pat is they made me happy - seeing
someone who finally looks like the sketch ...
with some saying Cooper looks like Einstein!

Farflung says in part:

'I asked so NICELY….

RobertMBlevins obliquely ignored Cooper’s hairy arms like he had no idea what was being talked about (again and again):'

I wasn't ignoring you. I just didn't care. ;)

Someone mentioned above that you could pay the safety deposit box fees in advance. Okay, let's say Gossett did just that. Then at some point, even those fees will run out because he's been dead for a while now. So if we wait long enough, even the dead guy's fees will expire and the truth will be known at last. (*laughs*) I may be wrong sometimes, but I've never been described as 'gullible'.

This junk (The Gossett Fable) comes to you from the same folks pushing The Janet Story - Girl With the X-Ray Eyes.

It's a scary thought.

Side Note: I'm through fooling around. I will let the cat out of the bag. We're writing a screenplay based on the life of KC and the subsequent investigation into the possibility he could be Cooper.

Come on now, don't be angry. Right or wrong, you knew we would do it eventually.

This is GREAT NEWS! Keep up the good work.

At last you appear to be doing something
worthwhile, and so richly deserved.

:P

It's a scary thought.

Side Note: I'm through fooling around. I will let the cat out of the bag. We're writing a screenplay based on the life of KC and the subsequent investigation into the possibility he could be Cooper.

Come on now, don't be angry. Right or wrong, you knew we would do it eventually.

It's a scary thought.

It was necessary, that's all. IMHO you should be kicked off that Cooper Team, if for nothing else...bad manners. If you got caught with egg on your face because of your constant personal insults, you brought this on yourself. And everything I've tossed back at you was deserved.

When the going gets tough, the tough crank up The Kinks.

How can you not like The Kinks? B| Come on, everybody does. (*laughs*)

Is that what it was in the background!? Kinks?
Get help.

I never was a part of some "Cooper Team".
You haven't the faintest clue - and you never will.
Someone has been feeding you a line of bullshit,
probably because they thought you deserved it.

I’m pressed for time but I just have to say this:

It was necessary, that's all. IMHO you should be kicked off that Cooper Team, if for nothing else...bad manners. If you got caught with egg on your face because of your constant personal insults, you brought this on yourself. And everything I've tossed back at you was deserved.

It’s statements like that (and many more) that cause me to form the opinion that you are immature and suffer from illusion of central position. (Remember when you stated that you thought I should shut down my website because I put-up a link that some kook posted to?)

georger and I have had some (strong and heated) disagreements over the years, but his worth to the NORJAK investigation is “orders of magnitude” above yours.

You know nothing about the Sci-team, most posters and hangers-on at DZ.com know nothing about the Sci-team. Why? Because they work quietly and without all the bragging and hoopla that accompanies your posts.

You do not have the faintest idea about georger’s background. You know nothing about his academic credentials, his history with the NORJAK, investigation, his hobbies or likes and dislikes. You have no idea who he communicates with, or where he gets information about the case.

The same can be said about several more posters and none posters here at DZ.com. You know why you don’t know about these people? Well Robert… It’s your personality. A different approach might garner some assistance in your “research” (or quest) to prove KC was Cooper, but, no one with any horsepower at all will get near you.

So, carry on being a big fish in a very small pond.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

I’m pressed for time but I just have to say this:

It’s statements like that (and many more) that cause me to form the opinion that you are immature and suffer from illusion of central position. (Remember when you stated that you thought I should shut down my website because I put-up a link that some kook posted to?)

georger and I have had some (strong and heated) disagreements over the years, but his worth to the NORJAK investigation is “orders of magnitude” above yours.

You know nothing about the Sci-team, most posters and hangers-on at DZ.com know nothing about the Sci-team. Why? Because they work quietly and without all the bragging and hoopla that accompanies your posts.

You do not have the faintest idea about georger’s background. You know nothing about his academic credentials, his history with the NORJAK, investigation, his hobbies or likes and dislikes. You have no idea who he communicates with, or where he gets information about the case.

The same can be said about several more posters and none posters here at DZ.com. You know why you don’t know about these people? Well Robert… It’s your personality. A different approach might garner some assistance in your “research” (or quest) to prove KC was Cooper, but, no one with any horsepower at all will get near you.

So, carry on being a big fish in a very small pond.

Let's see what the future holds.

Thanks Sluggo.
G.

Let's see what the future holds.

Thanks Sluggo.
G.

If you guys are through throwing punches today - perhaps we can find something interesting to talk about. I still think Pat71 is a screenwriter (the whole promo thing is going on with Pat71).

Jo is not doing a movie or a book - she wants answers - that is all she has time for. I guess it makes me feel better to talk about myself in the second person at least for once in awhile.

Blevins knows nothing about screen plays. Yes, a company may have offered him an option to develop a screen play, but does anyone know how long that takes? Lots of books sell the option rights to do a screen play and the screen play never ever happens....they want to tie up the option "just encase".

How many writers have boasted about screenplays regarding Cooper? DS is associated with Hollywood and he has never done anything with his book, but keeps saying it is coming out.
Galen keeps extending his deadline and I think he is justified in doing so, because Blevins is making an fool out of himself. Perhaps Blevins behavior is acceptable with fiction and science fiction, but not when you are trying to field an old crime.

Nuttall had someone contact him but I have not talked to him since then - and he does not BLAB his private information all over the internet. When book writers have never dealt with the media - they get all caught-up in it and it is best to contact a really good entertainment attorney...(one will not find them in the smaller communities). There are only 3 decent such attorneys in the South. Miami, New Orleans and Atlanta...it is not profitable for them to operate out of small non media areas. They are also expensive.

Geoffry Greys book would not be suitable for a screenplay, but could turn out to be a Cooper book that at least might stick around for awhile like Norjax did.
Not sure if Norjax sold a lot of copies, but it is the most widely read by those who are researching Cooper. Tosaw's book is OK, but I really didn't get a lot out of it.

Now I loved HA HA HA - laughed all the way through it - loved it. To bad it never got the press or promotion it deserved. A complete comedy about Cooper, but there were "hidden facts" inside of that story only Cooper knew....if some of the things I know are true - such as the story about the Springer Spaniel and the Shoe Shine guy at the PDX should ever be proven - then I will know in my heart of hearts Who Cooper Really Was! (Now that is a darn good title for documentary).

Duane had a Springer Spaniel and he went to see a Shoe Shine guy in N.Orleans who used to have a booth in the PDX terminal.
Just things that could be pure co-incidence. Sounds sing song just like a childrens story!

:);):D

:)A screenplay about chasing Cooper and the woman who wouldn't stop until Father Time did it for her. Well, I would rather that happen than to have Old Timers take away my memories.

Until someone really listens to what the Crazy Ole Lady has tried to tell for yrs and yrs - the FBI will never allow the true story of Cooper to be told. Until she produces the evidence that puts Weber on that plane - there is nothing.

Wonder what would happen if suddenly someone had a conscience and came forward with a story that supported at least one of the things she tried to tell? What if someone eventually does a tell all story of which would give cause for the public to demand answers? Nahh, it would be like the Pentagon Papers - too much, too late.

Pat91 is trying to do just that. "she" has taken her story from the media and the thread and telling the story - the public WANTS to hear - CIA, untold wealth, espionage, high profile, crime of the century. Only problem is she posted a picture I have seen before - no, not the guy in the uniform! I have thrown Ft. Bragg out there before and CIA and racecars, but I never ever before saw a picture that was worth a million words...and there was ONE such picture.

I tried to remember where I had seen that picture before - was it in this thread or something someone sent me - hint it had to do with CARS? I do not remember what I might have been researching when I saw that picture before or maybe it was published in a magazine, but I immediately knew I had seen that photo before, but where?

Jo's memory is visual and she is not good with names - this is how I remembered our trip and the other things that happened.

Oh, well - first person, second person or third person - who is counting.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Blevins writes:

"I never wanted to get involved in the Cooper case."

Blevins, Your modesty is overwhelming. The Cooper case is the best thing that ever happened to you from a writing and possible screen play point of view.

You have a terminal case of the "Cooper fever". You have signed off from this thread at least three times but were always right back here the next day.

Who's going to play you in the movie? John Wayne has been gone for some time. Arnold? Maybe you could help rehabilitate him. Do you have other candidates for the role?

Good luck. And keep a towel nearby to wipe that stuff off your face when Cooper's real identity becomes known.

Robert Nicholson

Blevins states: "I never post up links to the book, but I'm constantly having my nose rubbed in it, as if writing it were an evil thing."

Well, it was an evil thing to do and you knew exactly what you were doing and it is all about money.;)

===================

Blevins states: "What happens is that no matter what I post, sooner or later, people are going to start mentioning 'it's all about the book'. "

Your posts and your greed show through - your denials all spell Quilty as Charged!:D

===================

Blevins states: "In the process, the Cooper Thing drove AB of Seattle to the edge of ruin
We've been approached about the film rights, but nothing happens on that until September."

Now you are doing everything you can do to salvage the financial problems by probagating your story and downplaying any other suspect. You don't care about the truth and that is the truth. :P

=====================

Blevins states: "Yes, I do know how to write screenplays".

I don't believe ANYONE said you couldn't write a screen play - and if you are now spending your time writing the screen play after the book supposedly was a money breaker of the AB of Seattle - why are you throwing GOOD money and GOOD time after BAD. YOU must be a COMPLUSIVE GAMBLER.[:/]

=====================

Keep on and you will loose more than your time and money and your job. THIS is one STATEMENT you need to HEED, because you have NO idea what is happening. Definitely the FBI is NOT talking to you - RIGHT!

DO you have any idea what they are telling others who enquire about your suspect?

Robert told Blevins:

Good luck. And keep a towel nearby to wipe that stuff off your face when Cooper's real identity becomes known.

Robert Nicholson

Robert:

I might need a few tissues myself, but until that time come I won't know if they will be tears of joy or sadness....maybe relief or anger...or if I will even be alive when the real Cooper is identified.

At least I have never told any lies nor have I probagated a suspect - that I felt was not Cooper nor have I made or attempted to make any finanicial gain with my story about Cooper. OH, I thought about it and I entertained it, but the truth was MORE important to me.

When I say entertained it - I mean when the story first broke there were all sorts of offers, but I just didn't feel I had enough to go forward and that is exactly what I told the people who wanted me to sign contracts and why I refused all financial assistance.

Yes, I have received maps, CD's, phone calls of comfort and some that just listen because they know I will go nuts if I can't talk about this (such as the Thread).
I have received assistance in my research and that means the most...because I was at a disadvantage not living in the area.

If and when the REAL Cooper is anounced - I am not even sure HOW I will handle it. I do NOT expect it to happen in my life time. SHOULD it NOT be DUANE WEBER - then as I have said before....and I will repeat what he said in WASHINGTON on that trip in 1979.
He stated at one point "That's where Cooper Walked out of the Woods.
I replied "How would you know that".
Duane said: "Maybe I was the one on the ground."

Precisely why I have always said that if Duane Weber was NOT Cooper then he knew who was.

I KNOW what I held in my own hands and what I saw with my own eyes and the places he showed me and the things he said to me on the 1979 trip...and to cuminate that with his confession and the ensueing anger when I didn't understand what he was talking about.

Snowmman, the ever vigilant and helpful person that he is, found this stuff which Bruce will take immediate interest in. Does it prove any link between MK Ultra and DBC? No, not at all, but it makes you wonder about how far this diabolical CIA program reached. I never would have suspected a link to Bulger.

It's time to drop the ban on Snowmman Quade. Give him a probationary period and see what happens.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/27/whitey.bulger.crimes/index.html

"Bulger, meanwhile, had learned to work the system while he was in federal prison for bank robbery. He
studied military history and shaved years off a bank-robbery sentence by taking LSD for CIA-sponsored mind
control experiments,"

more detail here
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/mob_bosses/james_whitey_bulger/2.html

"When Alcatraz was shut down in 1963, Bulger was sent to Leavenworth Prison in Kansas, where he
volunteered to take LSD as part of a CIA-sponsored experiment called MK-Ultra. He was paroled in 1965
after serving nine years."

He hooked up with the Winter Hill Gang in Boston when he was released.

18 inmates were part of Dr. Carl Pfeiffer's program. Funded by Coca Cola. Was supposed to be finding a cure
for schizophrenia, but was really run by CIA, which was looking for a truth serum.

For 18 months, he was given LSD in a needle or as liquid.

20 year sentence. Did nine. Probably would have only done 12 without the volunteering.
Probably didn't know it was LSD at the time?

Wonder if some FBI agents are losing sleep over Bulgers arrest.? He definitely corrupted one FBI agent and claims to have had others working for him.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Greetings All,

I spoke with Col Waite's daughter, Stephanie, today. She was both flabbergasted and concerned to hear what was going on here behind her back regarding her father.

When I told her about the connection to DBC, she burst out laughing - "Haven't heard that one before!" she exclaimed.

She said she would review the DZ postings and get back to me.

She sounds like a level-headed lady to me, and I enjoyed speaking with her. We had some phone gltiches, so our converation was truncated. I have sent her all the pix that Pat 71 sent me, along with our commentary.

Bottom Line: I don't think Col Waite was Cooper. In 1971, he had just graduated from some advanced officer training and was stationed in Europe - in a few places it seems, but which included NATO.

I find it hghly doubtful he'd leave that postion to go 'jack a plane.

Also, his work in Vietnam included working in CORDS, what has come to be known as the Phoenix Program.

More on these later points once Stephanie gets up to speed and knows what the heck is going on here.

BTW: I highly recommend to anyone even vaguely interested in Vietnam to watch Stephanie's photo montage of her father's pictures of "Pre-1975 Saigon." It is brilliant work, both her's and her father's.

She's posted lots of her father's photgraphic work. He was in 'Nam prior to Tet, and was in-country when it happened. Pix of him then are remarkably different than the pix we've been viewing here.

Also, his work in Vietnam included working in CORDS, what has come to be known as the Phoenix Program.

Funny how all this stuff intersects. Sheridan Peterson undoubtedly has some strong opinions about the Pioenix program, having been a refugee advisor and witnessing atrocities in Viet Nam committed in the quest to find VC among the peasants in the south.

Col Waite, at least in that one photo, sure looks like the DBC FBI sketch, but that proves little. Nice to know folks like Pat71 are still looking for new suspects. We get pretty inbred here.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Funny how all this stuff intersects. Sheridan Peterson undoubtedly has some strong opinions about the Pioenix program, having been a refugee advisor and witnessing atrocities in Viet Nam committed in the quest to find VC among the peasants in the south.

Col Waite, at least in that one photo, sure looks like the DBC FBI sketch, but that proves little. Nice to know folks like Pat71 are still looking for new suspects. We get pretty inbred here.

Yes, the "sadness" I saw in pix of Waite that Pat 71 shared with us reflect something that's in the composite sketches I had never seen before. Remarkable.

Yes, the "sadness" I saw in pix of Waite that Pat 71 shared with us reflect something that's in the composite sketches I had never seen before. Remarkable.

A very long shot, I think. I agree with your line of
thinking. But good work Bruce. The photo is
remarkable.

I'm going to try and attach a PDF of the first seven pages of a screenplay I've been working on, just to see if it will attach at all.

Please DO NOT bother:

I just received this E-mail about your book and the statement regarding you ability to write a screen play.

Quote from a HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER:

"He struggled to put together coherent sentences for his "book". He has ZERO CHANCE of writing a screenplay that will garner any interest."

The rest of the email is confidential.

I can remember when people screeched at me "STOP" and now I will say the same thing to you "Stop". There is a difference between you and I and that has to do with knowledge of our subject. Your driving force is "money" and salvaging your career, but you are self-destructing. My driving force is the truth...... and hopefully truth is what will win, but in this USA of today - I would NOT bank on that.

Snowmman, the ever vigilant and helpful person that he is, found this stuff which Bruce will take immediate interest in. Does it prove any link between MK Ultra and DBC? No, not at all, but it makes you wonder about how far this diabolical CIA program reached. I never would have suspected a link to Bulger.

SSSSsssHHHHHhhhh! You will wake up Knoss - Whisperrrr when you say that. That is a bad M Word.

SSSSsssHHHHHhhhh! You will wake up Knoss - Whisperrrr when you say that. That is a bad M Word.

Funny. I had almost forgot about him.

Snow and Bruce know quite a it about the M program. I've always wondered how the CIA handled the recruitment and paperwork for hiring prostitutes for the M program. Elliott Spitzer might still have a political career had he employed similar methods.

Fueling an aircraft by hand with cans? Then hucking the empty can across the wing?? Because the fuel hose was frozen???

Those old planes liked to drink AvGas which had to meet FAA standards for several attributes like detonation, water absorption and freeze point. Here are all the gory, boring details which are so richly despised.

http://www.experimentalaircraft.info/homebuilt-aircraft/aviation-fuel.php

(Note 808, Conoco Phillips: if no crystals at -58 degrees F (that’s minus) then the fuel can be rated as freezing below -58 degrees)

My goodness that is very cold indeed. But why this requirement?

Airplanes fly waaaaaay up high where temperatures can be beastly and cruel. Take a place like Las Vegas where the temps on the surface were reported as 82 degrees ‘F’ at noon today. Yet at 30,000 feet (FL 300) the temp was -31 degrees ‘F’ (that’s minus).

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/Winds/Aloft.cgi?icao=LAS&hr=06

You can see that the natural habitat for DC-7s and Connies to fly and breed is typically much colder than any surface conditions. So fuel lines freezing on the ground is most likely fiction.

I know one fuel that never freezes….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4fdX8gUMY

That’s OK Joan, no need to swerve or hit the brakes (0:37-0:42).

Fueling an aircraft by hand with cans? Then hucking the empty can across the wing?? Because the fuel hose was frozen???

You do need an aviation savvy co-author or editor Robert. Without one you'll make more technical gaffes.

I don't have any problem with you trying to pen a screenplay. Go for it. I'll be really surprised if anybody makes serious money on any endeavor related to Norjack short of an autobiography by Cooper himself. It's just not a lucrative thing for third parties.

I'm going to try and attach a PDF of the first seven pages of a screenplay I've been working on, just to see if it will attach at all.

Please DO NOT bother:

I just received this E-mail about your book and the statement regarding you ability to write a screen play.

Quote from a HOLLYWOOD PRODUCER:

"He struggled to put together coherent sentences for his "book". He has ZERO CHANCE of writing a screenplay that will garner any interest."

The rest of the email is confidential.

I can remember when people screeched at me "STOP" and now I will say the same thing to you "Stop". There is a difference between you and I and that has to do with knowledge of our subject. Your driving force is "money" and salvaging your career, but you are self-destructing. My driving force is the truth...... and hopefully truth is what will win, but in this USA of today - I would NOT bank on that.

Let me get this straight. I posted up a little excerpt from a screenplay I'm working on, and then suddenly a minute later you get an email from a Hollywood producer trashing it?

Geez...that was fast. Hollywood must really be monitoring my work. (*chuckles*)

Well, Blevins it is like this - you made the post and I immediately emailed it to the Hollywood producer. You had been unsuccessful in making your attachment and came back to edit it. SO that is how it happened. No tricks, no lies - things just happen! He was NOT monitoring your work and what he has to do with me has nothing to do with you or Christiansen. I could tease the hell out of you about that - and get a real rise out of you.

I developed friendship with people from all walks of life, but I do NOT utilize those friendships for personal gain. Remember that when I went public I lost a contract with an FBI agent I had worked really hard on. This agent suddenly did NOT want to close with me and it was necessary for me to forfeit most of my commission to save the sale. My name could not be mentioned and I was not suppose to receive any commissions.

Unbeknowest to that FBI agent I did get part of the commission because we watch each others back in the market - just like the FBI does.

Don't you think the fact that I had just gone public about Cooper and he finds out who I am after the contract is signed and delivered....he was ordered to cancel that contract - this is just how our USA and FBI work.

The FBI cost me about $3500 in commissions on that sale. Now what is fair about how they play.
I thought it was very dirty playing.
Conflict of interest!

Don't you think the fact that I had just gone public about Cooper and he finds out who I am after the contract is signed and delivered....he was ordered to cancel that contract - this is just how our USA and FBI work.

Jo,

Really, this is paranoid thinking. The FBI hierarchy doesn't know or care how residential real estate commissions are earned, split etc. When you post stuff like this it undermines your objectivity and credibility. Stick to the facts. Forget speculation about FBI conspiracies. Put Duane on the plane and you will find a very receptive FBI.

You do need an aviation savvy co-author or editor Robert. Without one you'll make more technical gaffes.

I don't have any problem with you trying to pen a screenplay. Go for it. I'll be really surprised if anybody makes serious money on any endeavor related to Norjack short of an autobiography by Cooper himself. It's just not a lucrative thing for third parties.

Ive never known an established writer
who did not advise: "write what you know".

Good writers spend an inordinant amount of time
getting to know their subjects, inside and out. Of
course the same can be said of carpenters or any
other walk in life.

I know gas is a boring subject and everyone is already an expert because of multiple purchases of the stuff at branded stations or ‘Quickie Marts’. But there is so much rich history associated with Americas favorite liquid that goes unappreciated thanks to hubris.

So jet aircraft burn fuel called ‘Jet A’ which is a sort of keroseney and diesely fluid that truckers will point out requires less refining than gasoline but costs more as part of a government conspiracy. Of course that conspiracy is called supply and demand. Although the refining of Jet A is rather simple compared to gas, converting gas to Jet A would require alchemy and magic gnomes.

Here are the specifications on jet fuel:

http://www.shell.com/home/content/aviation/products/fuels/types/civil_jet_fuel_grades/

You can see that Jet A has a freeze point of -40 C (that’s minus). Well all this Celsius stuff is great except I’m a heterosexual and need to translate this to a scale I can understand. So minus 40 Celsius converts to the Fahrenheit system as minus 40 degrees also. So what exactly is the point of this centigrade system that the rest of the world has such a boner over? I mean is this like calling Dutch and Flemish two different languages to impress chicks?

I’ve had it with this metric system and all the mindless fanbois drooling over how much more efficient it is. I write on good old American paper called 8 ½ by 11, because it is 8 ½ inches by 11 inches. No need for a secret decoder ring or advanced degree to seek and find the stuff. What does everyone else use? Oh that’s right, the far more sensible measure of 210 X 297 mm, which no one can remember so they call it A4. Way to go ‘Rest of Earth’ by selecting a measurement system which is so beloved that it is buried behind some alpha numeric nomenclature.

What do we fuel jets with? That’s right, pounds of Jet A; pounds. Makes the calculations so much easier knowing that a pound of fuel equates to a pound of weight on the aircraft. What do Europeans fill their planes with? Liters of ‘M78’ perhaps? Which is either airplane gas or some sort of lentil based broth that has to be converted into some sort of units associated with weight, which will more than likely be pounds. No doubt the ‘M78’ (fuel or lentil soup) will have a freeze point of -40 C which is in fact the same as -40 F.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyVnwNSYkn8&feature=related

We had such high hopes with speaker helmets and a big bright star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGJjQVBlEk&feature=related

What happened to me? Now I pay $4.12 and 9/10ths cents per gallon (yeah, gallon) at the pump and pray for a handle that isn’t sticky or for a paper towel in the dispenser when it is. What exactly are people doing before refueling their cars?

I got this biography from Stephanie Waite Witherspon today.

She also said that her father and her were skiing in the Alps on November 24, 1971.

As for living the high life, Col. Waite never owned a sports car until the last year of his life.

Stephanie also said that her family is having a good chuckle on our speculations that the Colonel was DBC.

I am amazed how facts get screwed up.

Here is a rough cut/draft of my father’s obit, since I can’t find the original, which was published in the Portland Oregonian and the Salem statesman journal. I wrote this about 9 years ago.

Colonel (Retired) Hugh Gordon Waite died suddenly this past Thanksgiving morning at the home of his brother-in-law and sister in-law in Snohomish, Washington.

Colonel Waite was born in St. Cloud, MN and raised in St. Cloud and Albany OR. He graduated from what was then the only Albany High School in 1949, attended Oregon State University (then known as Oregon State College) and received his infantry officer commission as a distinguished Military Graduate of their ROTC program in 1954.

He attended the Infantry Officers Basic Course at Ft. Benning, GA and joined the 82nd Air Borne Division at Ft. Bragg, NC. He was ranked as a Senior Parachutist before leaving for Germany to serve with the 10th (Mountain) Infantry Division and eventually Commander of the US 7th Army Honor Guard.

Col. Waite attended the Infantry Officers Advanced Course in 1960 and was the Aide de Camp to the Commanding Generals of the 4th Infantry Division in Ft. Lewis, WA. He attended the Army War College at Carlisle Barracks, PA and the Special Forces Officer Course and the Special Warfare Staff Officers Course at Ft. Bragg.

While in Korea he served as an Infantry Company Commander and as Assistant Division Logistics Officer with the 7th Infantry Division. He returned to the US in 1964, and joined the ROTC instructor group as Assistant Professor of Military Science at California State Polytechnic College in San Luis, Obispo, CA.

In 1967 he attended the Civil Affairs Officer Advisor Course at Ft. Gordon, GA and departed for the Republic of Vietnam, where he served as Senior District Advisor and then Deputy Sector Advisor in the province of Bien Hoa where he was instrumental in establishing one of the first CORDS offices. He was in Bien Hoa province, in a small hamlet named Duc Tu, when the ammunitions dump at Long Binh Post was destroyed during the 1968 Tet Offensive.

In the fall of 1968, his tour of Vietnam complete, he attended the US Army Command and General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, KS. He was Secretary of the General Staff and graduated in 1970. He returned to Europe for a second tour of duty. He served on the NATO Central Army Group Starff and then as Special Assistant and Assistant Political Advisor to eh Commander in Chief, US Army, Europe.

Col Waite returned from Europe in 1974 and attended the Advance Public Relations Course at the University of Wisconsin. He was assigned as Chief of Media Relations, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, Secretary of the Army, until 1978, when he Chief of Public Affairs HQ Sixth Army at the Presidio of San Francisco. He retired from the Army for medical disabilities in August, 1980.

When Col. Waite retired from the Army, the Adjutant General of Oregon selected him to become the Public Affairs Officer for the Oregon Military Department. In 1988, he was appointed Special Assistant, and then Executive Assistant, to the Adjutant General until the position was eliminated and he retired from state employment in 1994. He then began part-time work as Executive Officer of the Oregon State Defense Force, the all- volunteer segment of the Organized Militia of the State of Oregon (Army and Air National Guard and State Defense Force.) He fully retired in 1996 after 50 years of service in, employment by and association with the Active and Reserve Component military and associated organizations.