47 47
quade

DB Cooper

RobertMBlevins in cooperation with Skipp Porteous concluded:

“2. The money was found just downriver from the park. This is one of the biggest reasons we, think.”

Tena (or Tina or Fazio’s) Bar is UPriver from Paradise Point State Park and has been since the dawn of the Precambrian time frame, which supersedes the hijacking by more than three months.

Once again, if you chuck something into the drink at Paradise Point State Park it will arrive in the Pacific Ocean after a brief trip DOWN the Columbia River.[/reply
]

It is doubtful that Blevins suggestion that the Tena Bar money was a "plant" will pass the smell test either.

Mr. Blevins, Haven't you previously stated that no bank was checking for the bills just three months after the hijacking?

If the Tena Bar money was suppose to lead the searchers astray, it failed miserably since it wasn't found until more than eight years after the hijacking. If the money was a "plant" it would have been put where it could have been found in short order.

And it would have been put in a location that was unrealistic as far as having a connection with Cooper. Tena Bar is not unrealistic.

Robert Nicholson

Jo stated:

3. Mexico - it was just the direction Cooper wanted to go - he just did NOT want to jump into the Atlantic. Stating Mexico showed how little he knew about aviation.

It was a hidden message that I thought your hunkiness and utter coolness might have noticed when you are being all hunky and cool! Did I mention you are REALLY COOL AND HUNKY? B|
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Logically why would Cooper go back to the PDX - he knew it would be swarming with authorities.

(Agreed. A major West coast airport is about the LAST place the hijacker would go the day after the crime.)

2. When the plane crossed the River Janet MIGHT have seen something - and it might have been "the" plane, but she could not have seen the aft down even at 5K...unless there was a light in the aft way on...and probably NOT even then.....The plane was low enough at one time for a witness to declare that was a plane there - but only noted this because of the overlaying clouds and shadows and the sound of the plane.

(Janet's story might just be a simple mistake on her part, except for one important point: She claimed the Bureau (or a friend of the Bureau) threatened her right at her front door two weeks after she sent a letter to the FBI in Portland. This casts her entire story into serious doubt. In reality, for the first six months after the hijacking, the FBI was taking all incoming tips seriously and investigating as many as possible, sometimes without regard to how silly they sounded. Her 'threat' scenario is extremely unlikely.)

3. Mexico - it was just the direction Cooper wanted to go - he just did NOT want to jump into the Atlantic. Stating Mexico showed how little he knew about aviation.

(The obvious answer here is this: Cooper had no intention of remaining aboard the aircraft very long after the takeoff from Seattle. The farther he tells them to fly, the more difficult it is for the Bureau to trap him on the ground, since the jump zone could conceivably be more than a thousand miles in length.)

4. Money on Tina's bar: You need to take some classes in chemistry or common sense. Any money to hit the river in a raincoat pocket or in a paperbag would have been scattered all over the place in 8 yrs. The rubber bands would not have held up for 8 yrs in that water and the paper bag was gone within a few days...even if it was a heavy gauge Ice Cream bag.

(I have no official theory here, but if you believe that Kenny and Bernie met up at Paradise Point State Park, just off Interstate 5, Tena Bar is only a few miles away. Personally, I think the money could have been a plant that was done long after the hijacking. One possible reason: The heat was still hot and heavy on the hijacker even a few years later. Perhaps the money was finally planted there as a red herring in an effort to make the FBI believe Cooper died in the jump. And guess what? IT WORKED. Today, the Bureau's position (much of it based on the found money) is that Cooper probably died in the jump.)

Side Note - I've been asked a few times how Skipp Porteous and I came to the idea that (if they were involved) Kenny and Bernie picked Paradise Point State Park for a rendezvous. Here's why we did:

1) Other than more-heavily-patrolled KOA/private type campgrounds, it was the only camping in the area that is near the Washougal and literally a stone's throw from the freeway.

2) The money was found just downriver from the park. This is one of the biggest reasons, we think.

3) Bernie and sometimes his friends (not Kenny) had occasionally camped there and used it as a base camp for hunting and fishing trips. They would camp there and take a vehicle into the hills, returning at nightfall.

4) It's easy to find. If you were hiking out of the woods and made it to the freeway, you just have to go to the proper exit. You can actually see it from the highway.

5) Margie Geestman said Bernie went there sometimes (see #3) when they lived in Oakville.

6) If you were hiking out of the woods and found your way to the Lewis or Washougal rivers, you could just follow those back to the freeway and then finding the park would be easy.

7) It has a pay phone, and so many campsites that no one notices much what anyone else is doing.

On a personal note, I once got stuck in the middle of winter way up on the Lewis River. I made it back to Woodland by following the banks of the Lewis. Started out in the morning, made it to the freeway by the afternoon. About a third of the way, there was still snow on the ground.

Have you ever had a speculation that lived ?

How/why do you have so many basic facts of life WRONG! Where did it go so wrong ?

'It is doubtful that Blevins suggestion that the Tena Bar money was a "plant" will pass the smell test either.

Mr. Blevins, Haven't you previously stated that no bank was checking for the bills just three months after the hijacking?

If the Tena Bar money was suppose to lead the searchers astray, it failed miserably since it wasn't found until more than eight years after the hijacking. If the money was a "plant" it would have been put where it could have been found in short order.

And it would have been put in a location that was unrealistic as far as having a connection with Cooper. Tena Bar is not unrealistic...'

Well, you are right about the location of the money as opposed to the state park. But the truth is, I never bought into the idea of just 'throwing the money into the river' anyway. The reason being you couldn't be sure it would be found. It might just sink, or wash away into the ocean.

However, it's a short drive from the park to the river. If the money was a plant, it was done some time after the hijacking. There is some support for the plant idea, and here's why:

First, if throwing it into the river wouldn't work, then leaving it somewhere on the ground where it might easily be found is just as bad an idea. Why? Because this would tell the FBI you (the hijacker) were still alive.

The first thing the FBI would do if any of the money were found on land would be to look for the briefcase, the body, the parachutes, and the remainder of the money. Finding nothing, they would know right away the money was most likely left behind either on purpose or accidentally by the hijacker. In any case, they would have to assume he made it to the ground. And without a body or anything else, that he managed to get away. So you can't leave any money on the ground if you are the hijacker. It's a dead giveaway that you made it.

As far as the banks and the money, and the banks giving up the search within 3-6 months, this was not generally known until Larry Carr said so in his 2008 radio interview. (See Wiki link at DB Cooper for the recording)

I've always maintained that finding approximately three bundles of the money in the same spot with nothing else from the crime around was suspicious in itself. Had the money gone into the river because Cooper was a no-pull into the water, or drowned, it's unlikely that three bundles would mysteriously appear in the exact same spot, with no other money or other evidence of the hijacker. It stretches the imagination just a bit.

Most of the money...sure. A little bit of the money, that is, less than one bundle...sure. Three together, maybe not.

I don't know if this has to do with anything, but the amount of money found behind Christiansen's house the year after he died was approximately one bundle ($2,000), and it was in twenties. This has been verified by Carolyn Tyner of Boulder, CO and Dan Rattenbury, the current owner of Christiansen's old house.

Several of KC's neighbors in Bonney Lake reported the same story, but could give no details on the exact amount. Only Tyner was able to do that.

Tyner, who is now married to a Boulder, Co police officer, stated that Kenny left she and her husband the house, and Brian McWilliams got the extra lot out back. McWilliams immediately sold the logs off the lot to a local logging company, sold the lot, and then took his money and moved back to the Yakima area. This was confirmed by his ex-wife, whom I interviewed in Puyallup in March 2010.

The money was found a few months later by a kid in the stumps that the logging company had been piled up after they took the trees. Tyner did not associate the money (in 95) with either the hijacking or it belonging to she or her husband. Neither of them, she said, had buried any money back there, so they didn't give it a lot of thought. She says they assumed the money had been buried there long ago, maybe even before Kenny bought the house.

Look, the money at Tena Bar is a mystery. That's all there is to it. I still believe a plant is the best theory, not three bundles washing their happy way down the river and somehow ending up in the same spot. Even if ALL the bundles had come loose in the river, what are the chances of three in the same spot with no other evidence being found? If the hijacker died in the river nearby, you would think something else would have been found in the same area. One other bundle...SOMEWHERE. The remains of a chute...a briefcase, a body perhaps. But there is nothing. And that alone makes it suspicious.

Even if you go with the dredging theory, that still doesn't explain how many of the bills were in such good condition, considering. Had they been exposed to water for years, and then dredged up from the bottom of the Columbia, how could so many still be readable? They would be mush.

The only explanation I can figure is that they were buried there purposely. Maybe. Maybe not. Who the hell knows? One problem is the lack of evidence. There's a lot of nothing with that find, and from that you can assume a couple of possibilities, but it's a tough nut to crack.

frankly, who cares what you think about anything at
this point.

Robert Blevins - I was addressing Bob Sailshaw's questions:

The only way to get away with a crime is to go right back at them - the last place they would look. At least that is one theory I have heard. One of Duane's most stated remarks.

The only reason you replied to that email is because the London guy per you was reading the thread - you want to make yourself look good...sorry NO Bananas.

2. When the plane crossed the River Janet MIGHT have seen something - and it might have been "the" plane, but she could not have seen the aft down even at 5K...unless there was a light in the aft way on...and probably NOT even then.....The plane was low enough at one time for a witness to declare that was a plane there - but only noted this because of the overlaying clouds and shadows and the sound of the plane.

As for Janet's so called threat - I don't take it as threat and all of this has been exaggerated by the writers and the media. It could have been as simple as - please don't talk about this and we will be in touch.

Mexico versus not intending to remain on board. YOU know that has been the consenses since day one - but you would love for the public to believe it was your idea.

As for the money being on the bar - you and everyone else knows that in 1996 when I called the FBI and told them about the trip in 1979 and the visits Duane made down to the Columbia - put the money in the Columbia. I was NOT even aware on May 25, 1996 where Tina's bar was and did NOT realize that his "Sentimental Journey" explained the money.

I had read NO accounting of the crime when I called the FBI on that day. All I had available was a book that was mostly fiction. I was on the phone before I got 1/3 of the way thru the book and then back on the phone 14 pages later.

There was NO research on my part and I did not have a computer. "Sentimental Journey" is my name for the trip simply because it was a song he used to sing. I had a book in my hands and a sudden realization of who Dan Cooooper was - the name Duane said in the hospital. Until that moment in when I was reading the book I did NOT know the name used by D.B. Cooper was Dan Cooper. It was like the lights suddenly came on and I was in shock.

Paradise Point State! You and everyone else have had some ridiculous theories to explain the money at Tena's bar, yet I explained it in 1979 without even knowing what I was doing. I was just telling what I remembered.

Yes, Paradise Point is part of my story - because I told the FBI and Thomas about what Duane said going up the I-5. Duane made a comment about where the guys used to go for recreation (I didn't know the name of the place) to the left of the highway and he talked about a place where someone hid something one time on the other side of the road and there was a covert going under the road. Jerry Thomas kept getting this area mixed up with what I was told in the Washougal area - and what Duane said near Lake LaCames when he made his ONLY comment about Cooper on that whole trip.

It was on I-5 Duane just after mentioned the parallel powerlines and the pipeline and before the cemetary as we approached the Lewis River. It was also during this time he said he used to know a woman in St. Helens, OR but we were not going there that day. Duane did NOT mention money or Cooper on I-5 the way JT interperted my conversations with him.

Yes, the money was planted in 1979 about the last wk of Sept or 1st week of Oct. By none other than Duane L. Weber. KC would NOT have planted money in an area that might lead right back to him.

Why would KC leave a red herring when he still lived in the area. That money was left by the "crook" that always kept getting caught. I think he left more than that one package of money - but, it was the only one found. The other I think was buried E of Winterly Park - I had always thought he was digging something up - but now I think he may have buried something.
Who knows? I don't and I was married to the man for 17 yrs.

"IT WORKED. Today, the Bureau's position (much of it based on the found money) is that Cooper probably died in the jump.)" I could never have said that any better and why it is your quote.

You know I mentioned I-5 and the park to JT who erroneously claimed that was where Duane made his statement about Cooper. This is what started the squabble between JT and I - HE kept getting what I was trying to tell him all scrambled up. Everyone on this thread can attest to JT scrambling thoughts.
Plus I had only been to WA that one time in 1979 and had NO map of the area...just a map of the N.W (an old Osha map of one/half of the US).

Blevins you said:

"Other than more-heavily-patrolled KOA/private type campgrounds, it was the only camping in the area that is near the Washougal and literally a stone's throw from the freeway".
Why is that remotely important except to tell your story?

You state: "The money was found just downriver from the park. This is one of the biggest reasons, we think". THAT MAKE NO SENSE at ALL. I believe you need to explain that reasoning not only to me, but to everyone here. Please do NOT re-interate the points you made - you have to do better than that.

Back in 1971 - I bet there might have been ONE pay phone used by all of the campers. I did a lot of camping in those yrs and most times we were lucky if we could find a pay phone.

You have made the same statements over and over and over till no one wants to hear them anymore. I will state the one very important thing you keep leaving out.
Kenny Christiansen was 5' 8" and had hazel eye and was balding - that does NOT meet the description of Cooper.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I guess my use of broad sweeping generalizations like large, tall and far are as mysterious as every other individuals. Distance is relative and different people have different tolerances to drudgery and overhead activities.

What is a ‘short drive’? From Paradise Point State Park to the Fazio Brothers aggregate operation where hundreds of thousands of cubic yards of material are deposited on the banks of the Columbia, is 25.4 miles.

Going to the grocery, bank or liquor store are what I classify as short trips and all are within a five mile radius from my digs (actually less than 2). I guess I would call 25 miles a mildly long distance which I travel infrequently or situations of great distress; like going to a ‘Bjork’ concert or finding a suitable cliff to leap from after going to said concert.

Blevins you miss it all around.
Cooper did NOT put the money in the river until 1979 - it was just a stupid mistake by a man who claimed in 1957 his occupation was 'crook'. In his mind he figured they would find the damaged money and think he drowned - he didn't think it would stir things up. There is NO way the money survived in that river for 8 yrs.

Most of us have let you ramble on and on about Paradise park the money and downriver - I hope the London man has the forthought and knowledge to know how naive that was on your part. I have known this and just let it be like leaves of three.

Yea, you tried to put yourself in the shoes of the hijacker - like you think that is even possible.
But, you are right - he was hoping they would find the money and stop looking for him.
Stupid thing to do, but it worked.
Leaving 3 bundles in one place - only a "CROOK" who always got caught would do a stupid thing like that.

How do you know he didn't put more money in the water - but that it was just never found?

Your entire post has been done for the summary purposes of this man who supposedly reads this thread. All he has to do is go back and read the other thread and this thread before you ever got into the picture and it is all here. YOU have added nothing to this - all you have ever done is come into this thread to sell your book - no other reason. You do NOT really care who the REAL Cooper is or was....all you want to do is sell your suspect!

If you had truely been interested in Cooper it would not wait until you were doing a book on your suspect - yet, you tried and failed miserable to write a book about Cooper without having all of the facts and using a suspect who does NOT fit the criterior. NOT once have you Thanked the many contributors of the thread for the knowledge and facts they help you with nor did you acknowledge the DZ in you book or the credits. HOW very little of you!

You don't want the general public to know about the aid this thread provided you as it might jeopardize your stand on KC and the knowledge for which you take credit for.

Blevins writes: "The only explanation I can figure is that they were buried there purposely. Maybe. Maybe not. Who the hells knows? One problem is the lack of evidence. There is a lot of nothing with that find, and from that you can assume a couple of possibilities, but that is a tough nut to crack."

Mr. Blevins, Is it just me or is the above quote actually offered as something other than a lot of double talk?

1. The money is evidence. Other than the evidence left on the airliner and the stair placard, the money is the only evidence.

2. After you have concluded that the money must have been planted there is the only explanation, you dismiss the money find as meaningless, and then you say you can assume a couple of possibilities.

Your quote above probably sets logical thinking back at least 1000 years!

Robert Nicholson

What Georger had to say about Blevins:

frankly, who cares what you think about anything at
this point.

You know Georger I wish I had read this before I made the last few posts - could have saved myself a lot of time and effort and anger.

I am just so fed up with his self-imposing attitude and utilizing things said before HE ever even knew this thread existed. (Acting like it was ALL his idea). We all know he did not even know the facts clearly until we tutored him. Now I wish we had just left him be like leaves of three. Instead we wanted the facts of the crime to be accurate and look what we created! Cooper Ego-Maniac!

Jo Weber (me) is a pain in the ASS, but she is not selling a book. Just a woman who believes with all of her heart and soul Duane Weber was Dan Cooper. The FBI can spend time with the likes of Blevins and JT and other writers, but they won't even allow me the answers to simple questions.

Everyone else wants to write a book and I want answers to simple questions about Duane Weber. Answers as to why the FBI has ignored certain things about Duane and has avoided providing me with that information...even if I had to sign a statement to get these answers. What is so secret about Duane that the FBI can't even state valid reasons why he could NOT be Cooper?

Was he in jail someplace?
Do they know where all of the money came from he was spending?
Why did they not question the individuals I told them about?
Why are they withholding information from me that I requested and yet make it available to other individuals?
Why would they withhold information that kept me from using his John Collins ID to draw SS on? Too tired to go on.

Just Sick and Tired of fighting this battle - but I will make it to WA one last time if it kills me. If they can state unequivocabley Weber was NOT Cooper then they should be able to prove that, yet they have not returned a simple phone call or email, but they interview with a London writer and US writers regarding unlikely suspects.

Time for the FBI to TALK to me privately and answer MY questions. That is what is fair.
Giving 2 hour interviews to writers - that will NOT solve this crime....all it does is DRAG it out and that is the plan - DRAG it out until I die. They spend time with the likes of JT who tells them I am a liar - when I am not and anyone who knows me knows I am not. They did NOT give me the time when it counted - now it is too late - most of us except me are dead. No one planned on Cooper marrying a woman 17 yrs younger than himself.

I don't even know why I should care - no one else does.

Jo stated:

It was a hidden message that I thought your hunkiness and utter coolness might have noticed when you are being all hunky and cool! Did I mention you are REALLY COOL AND HUNKY? B|

:(
I made the BOO BOO - because when I think Ocean I think Atlantic. I have NEVER seen the Pacific. I have been to CA, OR and WA and never saw the Pacific - NOT once. I saw the inlets in Seattle but, that is not seeing the Pacific.

I haven't slept in about 2 days now...because I am upset about a lot of things - NOT just Cooper but LIFE sorta Stinks right now. If I make mistakes or wear my feelings on my shoulder or at my fingertips, forgive me.

RobertMBlevins highlights:

“But the truth is, I never bought into the idea of just ‘throwing the money into the river’ anyway.”

Yet on 2 Aug 2010, RobertMBlevins explains his theory on the Cooper money like this:

“Our information says may have put these offered bundles back into his pockets when she refused them, rather than back into the money bag.”

Numerous people have used this device as part of their ‘theory’ on how the money arrived at Tena Bar. As far as I know (and I’m sure I’m wrong), this originated from Richard Tosaw to explain the serendipity discovery of three lone bundles after Cooper hit the Columbia in a ‘no pull’ configuration. Making the three bundles offered to Tina significant since they have a reason to be separate from the mother lode of cash since Cooper was dead and could not hide or bury the three bundles in his coat pocket, because he was dead and dead people are terrible at hiding things. Oh, except Zombies, they can hide money and eat brains. No wait, they are part of the undead so I guess they don’t count either. Plus I don’t recall any Zombie ever hiding money. Whew, caught myself just in time on that one.

Why these three bundles (the ones offered Tina) are crucial or even part of any Cooper survived story or theory is a bit baffling if not part of a ‘look how well MY theory fits ALL the evidence’ sort of shotgun scenario.

RobertMBlevins continues with:

“We believe he simply tossed them into the river some time after he reached the ground, as a red herring to make the police think he drowned in the river.”

This may (just may) appear to be in contradiction to the truth being that he never bought into this idea although it was previously endorsed with “We believe”.

RobertMBlevins reinforced on 17 Oct 2010:

“I’ve been asked how we (Skipp Porteous and I) believe the money ended up at Tena Bar. We have a simple answer. We believe the hijacker simply tossed a few bundles of the ransom into the Columbia.”

RobertMBlevins then invokes the spirit of Occam on 7 Dec 2010 with:

“What would Occam conclude about the money find? (That Cooper tossed some of the money into a local river to make the FBI think he’s drowned and died in the jump)”

I’m so confused. I feel like something ate my braiiiiinnnnnzzzzzzz.

In my case facts known publically, theory, supposition, hearsay and even what Duane told me or facts I discovered on my own can kick one in the rear.

I tried to connect all of the dots and I have tried to understand many things that are FAR above my level of comprehension (such as fight lingo), but I still get lost.
At least I admit it - Blevins just doesn't even when the FACTS and LOGIC dispute some of the things he claims.

I just try to hold on with the things I do know - what they mean to me and to someone else are 2 separate things. I am the one who stands accountable for the things I claim are true.
Alway try to clarify conjecture and theory from the things I actually know....but sometime these become co-mingled in my thinking and the thinking of others. After 15 yrs it get harder and harder to separate facts and theories when there are so many of them (not just on my part but on the part of the thread and the general public).

Today I learned something that made my ears PERK up. Barker or Barkker or Bakker. Remember the Mezker map I acquired at a great deal of expense - it was TAKEN from me. . Did I loose it or didI misplace it? Well, the land that Duane told me at the foot of the "hill or Mt" that JT claimed did not exist. It belong to a Barkker or Barker or Bakker - but, my photo memory has gotten old and I can't remember the 1st intial.

Today I learned that a man by the name of Barkker or Barker was a regular at the Ariel Tavern until his illness and death. He claimed to know who Cooper was!
Duane told me he knew the man who owned that specific piece of land. HOW ODD is that? To me the pieces have come together, but only for me. Perhaps I will always be known as - just that crazy old delusion woman who claimed her husband was Dan Cooper. But I know in my heart he was and it is JUST not right that the FBI spend hours with media and book writers, but they cannot give me 2 hours of their time.

Damned the FBI - and their so called investigation. The United States Government can spend money for Eng to talk to media and writers and others, but NOT 2 hour with the one woman who holds the secrets that Cooper kept. This is why our GOVERNMENT is going broke - we have FBI agent who are paid to talk and NOT to investigate. The few that try to investigate are using information thru brief conversations that came to the investigator second or third hand.

NONE of this is fair. NONE of it.

My heart breaks everytime I find one more thing that I have repeated over and over and over and no one ever heard me. I hope JT is strung up by his toes and ankles in the middle of the forest and left to be eaten alive by whatever animal that would have him. That scoundrel alone is the reason the FBI turned their back - makes one wonder just where the justice in this so called America is.

As I said - my feelings are raw lately and I will NEVER be heard and no one will every believe me.
So why do I continue to try - I used up my life and now I have no life left....I don't regret that - I do regret that I was never heard.

Who was Roy Bakker? When the FBI figures that one out then they will know who Dan Cooper was. I put this in their lap in 1996, but I didn't have a name to go with he story.

Until I went out to WA in Oct of 2011 - I did not know exactly where this spot was that Duane had shown me. I told JT about it in 1996, but he said it didn't exist.

1. I found the property and I now know it belonged to Roy
Bakker.

2. This man even claimed to know who Cooper was.

3. Duane claimed to known a man who owned a very specific piece of land.

4. I was told today that a man by that name used to go to Lake Merwin every yr. hoping to see the man he believed to be Cooper.

5. Since my memory is getting pretty bad - does anyone remember the initials of a man I was looking for - he owned n old homemade camper that ended up in the Columbia river where the old ferry used to be that went to Government Island.

6. He claimed he didn't know how his car and camper got into the Columbia.

7. This was found about 3 days
after the skyjacking.

8. The man had left his camper and vehicle at the Portland PDX.

9. When he returned it was gone.

10. This is NOT a riddle this is evidence that was put infront of the FBI in 1996 - BUT, a certain party made sure I didn't find out the man's name by telling the "hill" or "mt" did NOT exist.

11. Well - today I found his name and now all the FBI has to find is living relatives who might have picture or remember him telling his story.

13. Might be interesting if the FBI found out the background of this man.

14. Might be interesting if the FBI found a connection between Duane Weber (Dusty) and whatever last name he was using when he knew Bakker.

15. Why was this hidden from me .

16.Why didn't the FBI listen to me?

17. Why didn't the FBI investigate the area - OR did they just leave it for JT to do?

18. What authority does JT have in the investigation or with the crime...that gives him the right to investigate or hide information?

20. Why didn't the FBI go check this out themselves - They had to know where this hill was - everyone else knew the area I was talking about. - except JT.

21. I am not brain dead yet and I still keep finding things. I handed this off to the Creator, but never expected he would ever put the answer infront of me.

22. What connections is there between Roy Bakker, Bafus, Hansen and Finely and Fargher?
Another name in the mix is Nutsell or something that sounded like that.

All,

I hope the clicky works (I'm on a business trip and don't have much time), but a friend of N467US.com sent this to me.

Maybe something... maybe nothing.

News story: http://clackamas.katu.com/news/news/bones-discovered-shallow-creek-bed/441179

Here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202998600653912919870.0004a5e854a308e15836d&ie=UTF8&ll=45.545312,-122.481079&spn=0.439532,1.048508&t=h&z=11

Maybe we will have something else to talk about for awhile. ;)

Thanks to KAE

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

hmm...interesting sluggo. might be nothing, might be cooper... no reports of parachute bits nearby...?

And presume you have all seen the other case where the FBI finally got their man after a long hunt... and also after a new public info campaign, I guess Carr was hoping for results like this re Cooper...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/23/us/23bulger.html?_r=1&smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=US-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-WBA-062311-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

hmm...interesting sluggo. might be nothing, might be cooper... no reports of parachute bits nearby...?

And presume you have all seen the other case where the FBI finally got their man after a long hunt... and also after a new public info campaign, I guess Carr was hoping for results like this re Cooper...
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/23/us/23bulger.html?_r=1&smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=US-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-WBA-062311-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

Was there a Whitey Bugler thread somewhere on the Internet to counteract the FBI's information release of last Monday? Obviously not since it got results in less than 72 hours.

Perhaps this suggests a problem with the Cooper case that Carr couldn't overcome.

Robert Nicholson

False alarm??? False alarm???

This is the DB Cooper thread on dropzone.com...

All that artcle means is that Cooper was a thirteen year-old girl, NOT a 45 year old man. You know how unreliable eyewitness testamony can be.

She is probably the girl in Jo's prayerbook, or maybe Duane's here-to-fore unlocated daughter (by another marriage).

C'mon... use your brain... be open minded!*

*Just not so open minded that your brain falls out.

;);):);)

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Dropzone needs a "like" button. [like]

This could be an explanation for most of the commentary here.

Hey!......New skunk video. Remember "open minds" everyone. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzgoVQLG7k&feature=related
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

C'mon... use your brain... be open minded!*

:)
Serious business now.
Roy Bakker, Thos Fletcher, Lyle Merritt, A.F. Lechtenberg, Howard Schmidl, Rufus Tobey and Leon C. Ochs. jas. Dutro and Jacob Proebstel.

These people all owned property in an area Duane said "I used to know the man who owned some property over there".

Not being able to over-lay a current map onto this 1974 Metsker Map - I am uncertain of which property I need to research
Perhaps an exercise in futility, but it could be productive.

I do NOT know which piece of property he was referring to. He could also have meant some property to our left which is multiple small homesteads. Some of those names I can't even read. P.Wolz, SEA1st Nat'l,
C. SHerrell, H. cone, G Merrill, G. Thompson, C. Coburn, A.T. Anderson, Carle Sherrell and W. Robinson. the lower property belong to the Crown Zellerbach Corp

I lean toward the Roy Bakker property as that seems to feel right with my memory, but what did Duane mean by "over there".
How far over there .

My brains are not falling out - they are dieing a slow death!:)
If there is anyone out there who is open-minded enough or has the ability to research these names and properties - please let me know. I just know there was a prior owner some time between 1945 and 1971 who knew Duane L. Weber, Dusty, Melvin, Marvin, John or whatever name he was using at that time.
Duane knew the people.

I know he talked about one of the sons of the Bafus family in the area and the younger generation agree to try to assist me. Had JT have acknowledge this location to me in 1996 - the gentleman who was the oldest was still alive and mentally sound. One of the younger family members agreed to help me - and the things I told him fit the things he knew about his grandparents and Uncles.

We knew it was a long shot when I went for it, but it had to be done. I did a large album of pictures of Duane and his family (senior friendly) and the family member took it to the nursing home. If this had been done in 1996 - I might have had chance of finding some answers about Duane's past. At the time I conducted my enquiry in 2010 he was in late stage Old Timers and I was told NOT to expect much from my efforts.

He obviously showed no recognition or was unable to do so. I was told that others in the nursing home liked looking at the pictures...most had NO idea what it was about. If nothing else that album provided a little entertainment for some seniors.

The printed matter was in large print and kept to a minimun.

I had wanted to spend some time in that area in Oct of 2010, but the time constraints and money and weather put a damper on that. So much had changed - so much development it woud have been useless anyway.

Now I am left with paper research and didn't get anywhere with the genealogy search or censuses. Someone who is more capable than I might stumble onto something....Geeze that sounded an awfully lot like Florence Shaffner.

Whitey

;)What do I know about James B. and his "wife" that you guys do not know. He was an avid reader always had his nose in a book and would sit and read while his "wife" walked the beach.
Approximately 2003.

Now seriously - I kept a wanted flyer on Whitey in my desk drawer because when I saw it - I even showed it to my husband (who died in 2007) and asked him if thought this was the man we had talked to on the beach. He thought it was - but told me to leave it be. The man seemed nice and was not harming anyone.

My husband and I always carried books with us to the beach - and why a conversation ensued. Probably just a school teacher on vacation - he had that kind of demeanor. Nice, but very reserved and did NOT encourage any conversation.

Farflung quotes me from last year:

RobertMBlevins highlights:

“But the truth is, I never bought into the idea of just ‘throwing the money into the river’ anyway.”

Yet on 2 Aug 2010, RobertMBlevins explains his theory on the Cooper money like this:

“Our information says may have put these offered bundles back into his pockets when she refused them, rather than back into the money bag.”

RobertMBlevins continues with:

“We believe he simply tossed them into the river some time after he reached the ground, as a red herring to make the police think he drowned in the river.”

RobertMBlevins reinforced on 17 Oct 2010:

“I’ve been asked how we (Skipp Porteous and I) believe the money ended up at Tena Bar. We have a simple answer. We believe the hijacker simply tossed a few bundles of the ransom into the Columbia.”

This stuff is all true. At one time I thought the story of the offered money to Mucklow was real. I also gave some consideration to the Weber theory, that the money was tossed into the river. I now believe neither of these things are true. It's only a theory, but I think the money was placed there purposely by the hijacker, and most likely some time AFTER the hijacking.

But the real reason I came back to make a post is because, yes, I have something new. I'm going to interview Tom Kaye on Saturday, and I wanted to know if anyone here had any specific questions they wanted me to ask him. If you do, just post them here by Saturday at 10AM. I have a few of my own, but there may be some that you might want answered for yourself.

It's BAAAAAAAAA''AAAAAHHHHHUK!

B|>:(B|:ph34r:[:/]:o

Since your BOOK is finished and you are NOT going to change it again - WHY are you interviewing Kaye? Everything he had to say he said in this thread.

What the xxxx is your purpose in interviewing Kaye other than to keep your name out there? All you are doing is promoting your book or you are doing another re-write. Just what do you think Kaye has to offer other than what he has posted here - perhaps you are looking for what he didn't post.

You know the money was NOT in the river until a few months before it was found. You do know that Kaye's expertise may give him some credentials, but why don't you ask him EXACTLY what his educational experience is and what if anything makes him an individual qualified to analyze the money and how it got there. This is out of his realm of experience unless he can produce the credentials that qualify him - and I am talking about all the degrees and doctorates required - such as biology, chemistry, ecology in regards to the rivers and lakes and all bodies of water within the USA.

There was all of the talk about diatomes and spores ---- and I believe what he found was a relative common spore found in many areas. Problem is the material had been handle by mulitple agents and spores could have been transferred even on the exam gloves or just from the dander of ones hair or spores picked up on the clothing worn by anyone who came in contact with that money....and to include the ventilation system of the FBI storage room and any rooms that expose the money to unsterile elements.

Frankly I hope Kaye has enough common sense to see through you and your motive.

I will do Georger one better - he Ba, ba, ba'ed you like a sheep, but I think you deserver more - like

HEE HAW- HEE HAWWwwww AAW!
:S>:([:/]:|:D:D
and OH Georger - this one is for you. Are you:o.

Robert,

Please ask Tom K the following:

Do you share the FBIs certainty that the tie was Cooper's?

If so why?

Has your evidence examination pointed towards any particular suspect?

If it does, was the person alive after Norjack? Is this person alive now?

What has been the FBIs response to your findings?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.