47 47
quade

DB Cooper

‘The Real McCoy’-Pages 14 and 58 mention the notes typed on ‘Federal Aviation Flight Plan Forms’.

I have no idea what those could be other than the boilerplates Robert99 mentioned.

These forms are in reference to McCoy’s hijacking and not Cooper’s.

How did this 40 year old story manage evolve to this point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRbM2f2InM0

From "D.B. Cooper - The Real McCoy by Bernie Rhodes and Russell P. Calame:

p.34
"But Cooper had no intention of going to Mexico. He had Tina Mucklow take up a typed federal aviation flight plan form to the cocpit, instructing Scott to fly...."

This is one of the elements Calame/Rhodes uses to "prove" Cooper and McCoy were the same person. Since it isn't true, I have concluded Calame/Rhodes' whole book is bullshit.

Myths + myths + myths + (a little) fact = Bullshit

Sluggo, how do you know it isnt true?

Thanks,
G.

Sluggo Monster accurately but meanly depicts:

“Myths + myths + myths + (a little) fact = Bu@#&S^it

Sluggo Monster please,

Haven’t you noticed there is a call to keep things nice on this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JchKa8Ox3Hs

Your response included the ‘Air Soiling’ digraph of BS. I’m already feeling an attack of the vapors….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWAwrMFtSvM

Would you kindly replace the use of the phrase ‘BS’ (oh my) with the much nicer platitude of “First Attempt to Taste like Vanilla Ice Cream” for the sake of a civil dialog? This will give failed Vanilla Ice Cream makers innumerable chances to get things correct or simply exhaust all others.

Otherwise you come across as coarse and unrefined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWoQ_pZtXCY

By joining us…. join us Sluggo Monster…. join us and be one with the thread……. be nice won’t you…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKw-xV_IN_I

Join this democracy of three wolves and two lambs voting on what’s for dinner.

;););)

Would you kindly replace the use of the phrase ‘BS’ (oh my) with the much nicer platitude of “First Attempt to Taste like Vanilla Ice Cream” for the sake of a civil dialog? This will give failed Vanilla Ice Cream makers innumerable chances to get things correct or simply exhaust all others.

Otherwise you come across as coarse and unrefined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWoQ_pZtXCY

By joining us…. join us Sluggo Monster…. join us and be one with the thread……. be nice won’t you…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKw-xV_IN_I

Join this democracy of three wolves and two lambs voting on what’s for dinner.

Farflung,

Ohhh! Mr. Farflung… I am soooo sorry. And, I’m embarrassed as well.

In one single post I dumped enough “bad karma” on this thread to keep me from nirvana for two or three lifetimes.

Maybe my “coarse and unrefined” behaviors are the reason my previous lives have been so disappointing. I was a bison (in Nebraska) two lives ago, and then a cockroach in my previous life.

My respect for you (and the work you do) compels me to publically apologize.

Thread… Oh gentle and kind DBC thread… thread who has harmed no one… I sincerely and deeply apologize for my crass behaviors. Henceforth, I will never use crass and unrefined words in my post directed to those who cannot seem to distinguish between intellectual brilliance and “bovine scatology.” Please forgive me. Please!

Also, I would like to thank you (Mr. Farflung) for your kind and considerate guidance, your guidance and Billy Grahm’s sermons have done me a world of good.

Peace, love, and brotherhood,
A repentant Sluggo_Monster

PS: What’s for dinner? I really could “chow down” on some red meat. Got any mint jelly?

;););)

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

georger said:

Thanks,
G.

I'm not sure... I questioned Carr about it. Maybe he posted here, e-mailed, told me, or stated it in an interview... at any rate, Carr is the source.

If it is important, I'll try to dig it up.

I don't know about everybody else, but for me, the previous DZ DBC thread, this thread, PMs, e-mails, phone conversations, and face-to-face discussions are begining to run together.

Like the Flight-Plan forms I posted this morning... I'm sure I posted them back about 2 or three years ago, but I couldn't find where I had.

Sluggo

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Robert99:
You don't seem to be able to handle the truth so you call it BS. With your lack of knowledge of the Para-Commander sports chute, you claim it can't have a forward speed of 14 mph but it was designed in 1961 to have a forward speed of actually 15 mph . You can check this out and learn something about parachuting at ASK.com. Yes, I worked at Boeing for 34 years and had a EE degree from the UofW. Most of my Boeing work was in Mechanical Systems (including Airstairs and Flight Control Test Rigs) and Structural (including full size Static and Fatigue testing). As a pilot I have many skydiving friends who know what they are talking about. However, you don't seem to and are too quick to jump on others. Too bad, that is your problem and not mine.
Bob

Sailshaw, It is nice to know that you have many knowledgeable friends. Now let's discuss some numbers.

I was unable to find any information on the Internet from the 1960s about the original Paracommander. I should note that I didn't go to Ask.com. However, in "The Complete Book of Sky Sports", 1970 edition, by Linn Emrich, page 4, it states that the Paracommander was introduced in 1964 and with "a 170 pound jumper will sink at about 15 feet per second, and glide forward at about 10 miles per hour".

In addition, in "The Skydiver's Handbook", 2007 edition, by Dan Poynter and Mike Turoff, pages 270-271, states that a "PC Class Canopy" has a forward speed of 14 miles per hour. This statement apparently applies to equipment manufactured today.

Also, the book states that "The Mark I PC, the first to be marketed in 1964, was far more popular than any of its successors or competitors".

As a peace loving individual as I am sure you are, would you be willing to agree that a 1960s era commerically developed "sports parachute" (not a modified military surplus one) would have a forward speed of "about 10 miles per hour"?

If not, where is your proof that Cooper even had access to a "sports parachute" during the hijacking? He certainly didn't jump with one so arguing about it is meaningless in any event.

For your information, my parachuting experience in the early 1960s was limited to military surplus equipment with a 5-TU modification. I have never jumped a modern design, a square canopy, or even a lo-po canopy. So my parachuting experience used about the same technology as Cooper had access to.

While the equipment I used had a slight forward speed, the vertical speed was considerably faster.

Why don't you make a tandem jump to see what it is all about? Perhaps one of your skydiving friends could arrange it.

Robert Nicholson

You just put their ADDRESS out there for the public - she will get calls from every crazy kook around including Belvins now.

Betcha he is on the phone or the emails right now - he will promote the hell out of this book with the BS he is using on this thread.

This whole mess is very depressing - too many Coopers!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Also, McCoy conducted himself in a similar fashion to Cooper. They both used FAA small plane flight plans as paper to send their instructions to the cockpit during the skyjackings despite the fact that the use of this stationery was not made public by the FBI after Cooper’s skyjacking.

I know it's in Calame's book, but it just isn't true.

Thanks for the clarification, Sluggo. Can you shed any light on where Russ goes off track? Any reason why his perspective is incorrect?

Russ in my opinion is both savvy and diligent, based on my moderately lengthy interview with him, his book, and information from him that others have shared with me - most notably Galen.

Any guy who flies to Carolina and conducts an interview with Flo by shouting through her front door gets high marks from me.

So how much does Russ get wrong, and how come he got it wrong? Was he mis-lead, do you think?

georger said:

Thanks,
G.

I'm not sure... I questioned Carr about it. Maybe he posted here, e-mailed, told me, or stated it in an interview... at any rate, Carr is the source.

If it is important, I'll try to dig it up.

I don't know about everybody else, but for me, the previous DZ DBC thread, this thread, PMs, e-mails, phone conversations, and face-to-face discussions are begining to run together.

Like the Flight-Plan forms I posted this morning... I'm sure I posted them back about 2 or three years ago, but I couldn't find where I had.

Sluggo

I did a thorough search and nada.

Robert99:
You don't seem to be able to handle the truth so you call it BS. With your lack of knowledge of the Para-Commander sports chute, you claim it can't have a forward speed of 14 mph but it was designed in 1961 to have a forward speed of actually 15 mph . You can check this out and learn something about parachuting at ASK.com. Yes, I worked at Boeing for 34 years and had a EE degree from the UofW. Most of my Boeing work was in Mechanical Systems (including Airstairs and Flight Control Test Rigs) and Structural (including full size Static and Fatigue testing). As a pilot I have many skydiving friends who know what they are talking about. However, you don't seem to and are too quick to jump on others. Too bad, that is your problem and not mine.
Bob

Sailshaw, It is nice to know that you have many knowledgeable friends. Now let's discuss some numbers.

I was unable to find any information on the Internet from the 1960s about the original Paracommander. I should note that I didn't go to Ask.com. However, in "The Complete Book of Sky Sports", 1970 edition, by Linn Emrich, page 4, it states that the Paracommander was introduced in 1964 and with "a 170 pound jumper will sink at about 15 feet per second, and glide forward at about 10 miles per hour".

In addition, in "The Skydiver's Handbook", 2007 edition, by Dan Poynter and Mike Turoff, pages 270-271, states that a "PC Class Canopy" has a forward speed of 14 miles per hour. This statement apparently applies to equipment manufactured today.

Also, the book states that "The Mark I PC, the first to be marketed in 1964, was far more popular than any of its successors or competitors".

As a peace loving individual as I am sure you are, would you be willing to agree that a 1960s era commerically developed "sports parachute" (not a modified military surplus one) would have a forward speed of "about 10 miles per hour"?

If not, where is your proof that Cooper even had access to a "sports parachute" during the hijacking? He certainly didn't jump with one so arguing about it is meaningless in any event.

For your information, my parachuting experience in the early 1960s was limited to military surplus equipment with a 5-TU modification. I have never jumped a modern design, a square canopy, or even a lo-po canopy. So my parachuting experience used about the same technology as Cooper had access to.

While the equipment I used had a slight forward speed, the vertical speed was considerably faster.

Why don't you make a tandem jump to see what it is all about? Perhaps one of your skydiving friends could arrange it.

Robert Nicholson

I've jumped modified surplus rounds and MK 1 PCs (Paracommanders). The forward speed of a PC depends on loading. They seemed to go about 12 mph when I jumped them.

How do we know Cooper even knew what kind of canopy was in the sport rig?

I'd have chosen the surplus bailout rig for one very simple reason. Back then most sport chutes were placarded with warnings not to exceed 150 mph. Military bailout chutes (eg C9 canopy) were tough as hell and had no such low deployment speed limits.

It would be smart to deploy right off the steps and avoid a potentially fatal uncontrollable tumble. Your speed might be well over 150 mph. The videos of the Thailand AIr America 727 jumps show that you can deploy immediately (these were static line jumps) and a C9 could handle it fine.

Who knows why Cooper chose the rig he jumped? We are all just speculating.

Sailshaw says Sheridan Peterson lived with him for a short time and asked questions about the 727 stairs which he couldn't answer since he was working on the 737 stairs. Peterson later joins Boeing and goes to work in tech documentation. It may prove nothing but it's interesting.

Bulldog Pete may be an imposter. I naively figured it was Pete with a short memory due to age. Who knows? I thought whoever posted it did a pretty decent Pete impersonation. The detail about wanting to jump at Cloverdale (nearest DZ to Windsor) was clever. I only know one person who might do this impersonation and I'm not naming names.

Sheridan Peterson sure has the all the jump qualifications to be DBC. The one thing lacking is prior criminal behavior. Pete seems me a principled person. I have a hard time imagining him threatening to blow up a plane.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Robert99:
I will not address the jiberish you wrote about the Para-Commander. Everyone else can read the info at ASK.com and see for them self how off base you are. You write:
1) "If not, where is your proof that Cooper even had access to a "sports parachute" during the hijacking? He certainly didn't jump with one so arguing about it is meaningless in any event."

2) "For your information, my parachuting experience in the early 1960s was limited to military surplus equipment with a 5-TU modification. I have never jumped a modern design, a square canopy, or even a lo-po canopy. So my parachuting experience used about the same technology as Cooper had access to."

About 1) above DB had a Para-Commander sport chute which he chose to not use (one of the four chutes and that is my prof he had access to it). The reason to discuss his not using it, is to show how smart he was and disprove "that he did not know what he was doing."
About 2) above shows that you admit to having no experience with a sports chute. DB had not only Smoke Jumping experience with the USFS but received his Instructor rating at Issaquah Sky Diving Club. Also, he started the Boeing Sky Diving Club. He might have even been well acquainted with the four chutes having seen them at Issaquah. Your experience falls way short of the information DB had at the time of his skyjacking.
Yes, I suspect Sheridan Peterson as being the best suspect and was DB Cooper. He devised "the system to beat the System" as he said in the third letter (the one to the Portland Oregonian) and I heard he say over and over again while he stayed one month at my home in 1962.
Bob

Robert99:
I will not address the jiberish you wrote about the Para-Commander. Everyone else can read the info at ASK.com and see for them self how off base you are. You write:
1) "If not, where is your proof that Cooper even had access to a "sports parachute" during the hijacking? He certainly didn't jump with one so arguing about it is meaningless in any event."

2) "For your information, my parachuting experience in the early 1960s was limited to military surplus equipment with a 5-TU modification. I have never jumped a modern design, a square canopy, or even a lo-po canopy. So my parachuting experience used about the same technology as Cooper had access to."

About 1) above DB had a Para-Commander sport chute which he chose to not use (one of the four chutes and that is my prof he had access to it). The reason to discuss his not using it, is to show how smart he was and disprove "that he did not know what he was doing."
About 2) above shows that you admit to having no experience with a sports chute. DB had not only Smoke Jumping experience with the USFS but received his Instructor rating at Issaquah Sky Diving Club. Also, he started the Boeing Sky Diving Club. He might have even been well acquainted with the four chutes having seen them at Issaquah. Your experience falls way short of the information DB had at the time of his skyjacking.
Yes, I suspect Sheridan Peterson as being the best suspect and was DB Cooper. He devised "the system to beat the System" as he said in the third letter (the one to the Portland Oregonian) and I heard he say over and over again while he stayed one month at my home in 1962.
Bob

Sailshaw, It's a relief to know that you have all the answers. Unfortunately, I don't think you understand the questions and problems.

Robert Nicholson

And his choice of a dud reserve sewn shut over a
fully functional reserve? This proves what?

Your obvious answer will be: Reserves didn't matter,
at least not as parachutes, to Cooper. keep in mind
he ordered a backpack as well as chutes. So what
was his demand for any reserve all about?

The best we can get from this is people's opinions
unless you have more?

I dont see Cooper as being so 'smart' as he was
adaptive. In fact, he let go several 'tells', if we take
things he said and did at face value. He actually placed himself in great peril, made himself fully
vulnerable, several times. If not for Nyrop, Rataczak could have had his wish very easily. (And Petey would have met his maker on the spot). So throw
that into the equation, Boeing guy.

Still waiting for your comments about route. Guess
Im out of luck there.

RobertMBlevins nicely responds to Sluggo Monster:

“Perhaps you two (delicately presume Bruce Smith and Sluggo Monster) should get together on the book that claims the hijacker got a s*x-change operation after the crime. That was a good one. I actually ordered that book from Amazon.”

If I wasn’t so nice I would swear that looks like a “First Attempt to Taste Like Vanilla Ice Cream.”

Because we know that Blevins stated that he does not own any books about DB Cooper and has only made one purchase on Amazon. Actually that may be two attempts at the flavor.

Point of order: the thread has been soiled with yet another boorish word. Could we please be nice and instead of ‘s*x-change’ use the much more delicate and tasteful – “Water Closet Remodeling?”

Bob

In 1962-70 half the country and large parts of
Congress were using the term "the system".
"System to beat the system" was an SDS chant
even in Salt Lake City and at Tabernacle Univ!
So I dont know what that gets you. Petey was
not special using that phrase.

Cooper did say he had a grudge but so did 80%
of the country. Things were totally fucked up for
everyone, not matter what your niche.

I am not aware of Cooper ever using that phrase
aboard 305?

Moreover, anyone with a third grade education
who listened to the nightly news already knew
"the system" was beating itself, that was the whole
problem, so no need for another "system to beat
the system". People were tired of SYSTEMS! That's
the point.

So if Petey was talking about "systems to defeat
the system", then Petey was totally out of touch.
Dont forget where all of this lead! To Nixon, Carter,
and Stockman ...

Petey spouting "Lucie in the sky with diamonds"
is not unqie for that time.

There is no way Cooper could have known that Nyrop
would intercede and "defeat the system". Otherwise
Petey/Cooper would have been a corpse.

Try: "Geestman is a liar". It's in the same catagory
of non-reasons.

:D

Bruce claimes Russ Calame did this in his post:

"Any guy who flies to Carolina and conducts an interview with Flo by shouting through her front door gets high marks from me."

Bruce when did HE do this? I have NOT talked to Russ, because Himmelsbach didn't think to highly of him - if I remember correctly. Like Sluggo said - things are running together and you do not remember who told you what - I have been at this for over 15 yrs.

It is getting difficult to keep all of this in a 70 plus old brain whose body is failing her...and Russ has to be my age or older.

Bruce claimes Russ Calame did this in his post:

"Any guy who flies to Carolina and conducts an interview with Flo by shouting through her front door gets high marks from me."

Bruce when did HE do this? I have NOT talked to Russ, because Himmelsbach didn't think to highly of him - if I remember correctly. Like Sluggo said - things are running together and you do not remember who told you what - I have been at this for over 15 yrs.

I got this from Galen. As for dates, I think it was early 90s, when he also attempted to interview Tina.

Robert99:

Bob

Sailshaw, It's a relief to know that you have all the answers. Unfortunately, I don't think you understand the questions and problems.

Robert Nicholson

I would be happy to provide Sailshaw with a fully functional ParaCommander and rig with the appropriate chest mounted up to date reserve packed by an FAA certified Master Rigger( who used to jump at Issaquah back in the day) with which he could do the appropriate reseach to answer some of his misconceptions. I have 3 such complete rigs with various ParaCommanders including a really cool MKII OD GREEN with SOG markings . I jumped the same rig just a couple years ago, as have some of my friends. Personal experience is great for dispelling myths.

What’s the problem with BulldogPete? Real or imagined he got some people talking about Sheridan and that does nothing but move the Cooper case forward. So what if he’s an ALLEDGED ‘imposter’ what does that mean anyway?

That he is not credible or accurate certainly is not a consideration to anyone. He was really nice in his post and he never said he was Sheridan, he just said he was called Pete most of his adult life and not Dan.

He thought that Smith was FBI and Blevins quickly responded about how Bruce Smith was a poser journalist and the ‘Amazing Stories’ tale is a complete fraud. That is very nice of Blevins to say about Bruce to BulldogPete and should not draw any vitriol.

So why not keep this dialog going and I’ll add ‘comments’ from BulldogPete which he has sent me privately because he respects my coolness and hunkyness. You bought the ticket, now take the ride.

From BulldogPete,

“Thanks for your interest in my fascinating life orange1, as an old lonely and incontinent geezer getting any sort of attention from a woman is nice. You seem very nice and kind. You could get a copy of my life’s story by sending a Postal Money Order to Box 1774356789835-C, Santa Rosa, CA for $87. Please leave the ‘pay to’ line blank as I have a person who cashes such things for me. I could finally get my wheelchair tire replaced and not disturb everyone rolling around on the bare rim at the shuffleboard courts. There may be a need for some additional funds in the form of customs taxes. Thanks for your kind interest in an old geezer on his last legs. You are very nice.”

Next Comment:

“Very nice to offer and meet me 377 and I look forward to making that jump. I may be old but I can still spread mustard and spank puppies just like the old days, don’t you worry. Think I would prefer the Byron place as the other name is a bit too much of an omen at my age. Don’t have a car or phone but would like to meet you any Saturday at the building. Just drive up any time and surprise me. I don’t get any visitors and don’t have anything else to do. Might show you a few tricks I learned using those Cloverdale rotors to scare whuffos and swoon split tails in a homemade wing suit. Of course that was many years ago when we made them out of wood. This was before I moved to Nepal and built a home. Of course this was many years ago and it was made out of mud. I assume your vehicle’s seats are spongeable vinyl?”

That BulldogPete sure is interesting and he looks forward to the many more questions that people have. Please be nice and ask away. Let us know how your jump turns out 377, don’t keep this experience to yourself as that would be rude. That’s about 350 miles of driving from the Bay Area to Santa Rosa to Byron then return Santa Rosa and the Bay Area. I can’t think of a better way to spend a Saturday than in some of the most relaxing driving conditions this side of Karachi.

Georger:
I will address your questions even though I will be repeating what I have said in earlier posts.
1) How did DB know where he was when they were flying over clouds? Well, if you have flown over cities in the same condition, you will remember the city lights makes the clouds brighter over the city. He also knew the timing of the flight and when he would of been over Vancouver and then Portland. Once he jumped and delayed the opening of the chute (lower level of clouds at 5,000 ft reported that night) he could see very clearly where he was with a good visual of the ground and PDX Portland airport.
2) The Dud chute was used at Issaquah Sky Sports where Sheridan got his Instructor rating. He probably laughed when he saw the unusable chute they provided. However, he needed the carrier to put the money in and probably tossed the dud chute over Amboy (found March 24, 2008). Why did Cossey not recognize the Amboy chute? Could not remember what was packed in the dummy or would not to provide misinformation to the FBI? Who knows?
3) The route that Sluggo has put toghther looks very good and agrees with where Janet claims to have seen the plane (and the flares DB used to figure wind direction). Dennis Levanen lived in the Heisson Area and is another eye witness that matches Janet's story. The FBI would have you believe that he jumped into the forest 30 miles to the North as they believed by mistake and wasted time and effort searching in the days that followed.
4) You think the jump was into great peril, then you don't understand the Smoke Jumping experience that Sheridan had (into forest fires). I think as I have posted before that the jump was on to cleared land along the Columbia river and within walking distance to PDX airport. He probably was to his car (he parked at PDX) before midnight and was on his way. It was a cakewalk of a jump and that shows how smart Sheridan was and how planning the caper for ten years has "beat the system".
Georger, take your blinders off and let us expand our thinking in this dropzone. We should use Synergy and not spite.
Bob

Georger:
I will address your questions even though I will be repeating what I have said in earlier posts.
1) How did DB know where he was when they were flying over clouds? Well, if you have flown over cities in the same condition, you will remember the city lights makes the clouds brighter over the city. He also knew the timing of the flight and when he would of been over Vancouver and then Portland. Once he jumped and delayed the opening of the chute (lower level of clouds at 5,000 ft reported that night) he could see very clearly where he was with a good visual of the ground and PDX Portland airport.
2) The Dud chute was used at Issaquah Sky Sports where Sheridan got his Instructor rating. He probably laughed when he saw the unusable chute they provided. However, he needed the carrier to put the money in and probably tossed the dud chute over Amboy (found March 24, 2008). Why did Cossey not recognize the Amboy chute? Could not remember what was packed in the dummy or would not to provide misinformation to the FBI? Who knows?
3) The route that Sluggo has put toghther looks very good and agrees with where Janet claims to have seen the plane (and the flares DB used to figure wind direction). Dennis Levanen lived in the Heisson Area and is another eye witness that matches Janet's story. The FBI would have you believe that he jumped into the forest 30 miles to the North as they believed by mistake and wasted time and effort searching in the days that followed.
4) You think the jump was into great peril, then you don't understand the Smoke Jumping experience that Sheridan had (into forest fires). I think as I have posted before that the jump was on to cleared land along the Columbia river and within walking distance to PDX airport. He probably was to his car (he parked at PDX) before midnight and was on his way. It was a cakewalk of a jump and that shows how smart Sheridan was and how planning the caper for ten years has "beat the system".
Georger, take your blinders off and let us expand our thinking in this dropzone. We should use Synergy and not spite.
Bob

Sailshaw, Contrary to your statement, the flight crew of the hijacked airliner have been quoted in several places as saying that the cloud cover over Portland was so thick that they could not see any lights from Portland.

You claim to be a pilot. If that is in fact correct, you should be aware from reading the transcripts on Sluggo's web page that Cooper did not even discuss the flight path with the crew or anyone else. And in case you are not aware, there was more than one Victor airway connecting the Seattle and Portland (now known as Battleground) VORTACS. The airliner could have been on either airway or even 50 miles out over the Pacific. To repeat, Cooper did not have any way to determine the aircraft's position.

Basically, you are suggesting that Sheridan had an inborn inertial navigation system as well as x-ray eyes. Perhaps you have Sheridan confused with Buckaroo Banzai.

You need to get real.

Robert Nicholson

Georger:
Bob

I never said the jump was in great peril?
I happen to believe the jump was doable for one
who knew what he was doing.

The central problem is your list above is not
facts, but merely suppositions on your part.

I never cease to be amazed how the Boeing
engineers who say they were involved in this case,
got so many things wrong! Their strongest talent
has always been for self-involved Bloviation.

I know people who worked with some of these guys
who are still in recovery today!

If one is to believe these guys, several Boeing
groups calculated every possible force and vector
involved in the whole Cooper hijacking, the bailout,
the time and forces required to suck Cooper's
loafers off, the breaking of his neck and
twisting of his arms out of their sockets, ad
nauseum bloviatrix! What these guys describe they
did is so obtuse as to be believable! The net result
of all of this prodigeous prognostication was the
Cooper vane .... and they still didn;t know where he
had bailed, but he was dead without any reservation.
Nobody can survive bailing out of a 727, they said!
They literally said: and that was fed to the FBI with
some agents rolling their eyes and muttering doubts.

Sailshaw stated:

The route that Sluggo has put toghther looks very good and agrees with where Janet claims to have seen the plane (and the flares DB used to figure wind direction). Dennis Levanen lived in the Heisson Area and is another eye witness that matches Janet's story. The FBI would have you believe that he jumped into the forest 30 miles to the North as they believed by mistake and wasted time and effort searching in the days that followed.

Jo States:

You do Not have a CLUE. Where Dennis and others saw the plane or at least heard the plane and saw thru the cloud what they thought was the skyjacked 727,

When you stated Dennis' story matching Janet's - you are so very very wrong. DEAD wrong. You do NOT even know where Janets house was located. She did NOT live in Vancouver, although the address may have been Vancouver back in the day or today (I do not know).

She lived EAST of Vancouver or what is NOW considered Vancouver. She did NOT live in Cames.....but West of Cames. So now you figure it out.

YOU are intent on spreading even more rumors and I think I know who is spuring you along.
He likes to feed people things to post in this thread - I have yet to figure out his motive - maybe he is part of the"conspiracy" !

Oh, Hell might as well laugh about that one!

I someone feeding you things thru phone calls or by email and asking you to post these things????????

:D:)

I have been A victim of that tactic - don't let yourself be used.

Sailshaw stated:

You think the jump was into great peril, then you don't understand the Smoke Jumping experience that Sheridan had (into forest fires). I think as I have posted before that the jump was on to cleared land along the Columbia river and within walking distance to PDX airport. He probably was to his car (he parked at PDX) before midnight and was on his way. It was a cakewalk of a jump and that shows how smart Sheridan was and how planning the caper for ten years has "beat the system".
Bob

Jo States:

Dear Sailshaw,

NOW, I know who is feeding the bird (you) that is singing. You need to WISE up - become an Owl. All the Owl will say is WHO WHO WHO!

Perhaps Cooper landed in cleared land - and maybe it was in walking distance of the Columbia. What you NOW, have to figure out is how he got 30 miles undetected by others. You see only I know the answer to that one...and someone wants you to get it out of me.

There was a vehicle left near a storage building near the airport...the FBI claimed this belonged to a business man who left it there - but, the business man was NEVER identified to the public.

WHO did the car belong to and was it a rental? Who rented the car and what was his business in the area? I have even attempted to tell the FBI names of individuals the car may have belong to - I never got past the "mouthpiece" about that.

Agent Carr had NO idea what I was talking about - and this meant that the messages I gave the "mouthpieces" over the yrs were never given to the agent of record. My communication were by telephone and I didn't own a computer until 2000.

I STILL want to know the last name of that business man and the name of the Company he represented. I do know that Duane took me to some warehouses near the airport and pointed this place out and told me that he knew someone who left a car there. If the FBI has a picture of that car and the warehouse it was infront of - how would Duane know this.... I have told them it was like storage buildings and looked like garage doors and the building was white.

Did the FBI ever make public exactly where the car was and did they every show a picture of the warehouse in the newpapers? Is that HOW I know this? Is it a false memory created by a picture and a story about the car? I tried to find that warehouse when I was out there, but the growth and changes around the airport area made that impossible.