47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Fair enough, we were getting sidetracked on the knife and cord stuff.

Why didn't Cooper come aboard better equipped? He took a lot of time and effort to make a fake bomb, but as far as we know didnt carry anything aboard to secure the loot which was the most important item and the reason for the skyjack.

Once on the plane his primary concerns are
escape and survival. He confirmed that in his
comments to Tina which includes "I dont
want it!" in reference to the money.

He valued not being apprehended and survival
over the money.

Those core values on his part, may be one of
the reasons he was never found, with or without
any money. He apparently got his wish, by accident
or by design.

any money.

Interesting. If he REALLY didnt care about the money he may have abandoned it or stored it and never tapped it. The feds and the public were looking for an enriched Cooper, hoping to spot some guy with a big delta between earnings and spending or someone who was in real serious money trouble prior to the skyjack.

Offering a bundle to Tina was really really odd. I mean he knows she cant accept it and that it is stolen money. Why offer it? To make Tina like him? Who would really appreciate getting an offer of stolen money? Did it really happen?

Although not a perfect analogy its like a guy sticks up a 7-11 and tells the clerk, "here keep this" as he tosses back a few twenties.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

any money.

Interesting. If he REALLY didnt care about the money he may have abandoned it or stored it and never tapped it. The feds and the public were looking for an enriched Cooper, hoping to spot some guy with a big delta between earnings and spending or someone who was in real serious money trouble prior to the skyjack.

Offering a bundle to Tina was really really odd. I mean he knows she cant accept it and that it is stolen money. Why offer it? To make Tina like him? Who would really appreciate getting an offer of stolen money? Did it really happen?

Whatever his motives were going
into this I think once he was on the plane and
time dragged out things changed in his mind _
a new motive set began to apply, which isnt
uncomon but defines him.

He was excited to see the money and surprised,
"giddy", but more pressing concerns were in
his mind and growing larger, exponentially.

Survival and Freedom are powerful motivators
.... for a certain class of crminals.

This guy was in a huge bind now, on that plane,
if he didnt have parachuting skills and luck.
What good is money or a grudge if you're going
to be dead in the next 20 minutes?

His politeness may have been tantamount
to a plea for mercy in the end, whatever politeness did to help control things earlier... think about it.

This guy was in a huge bind now, on that plane, if he didnt have parachuting skills and luck. What good is money or a grudge if you're going to be dead in the next 20 minutes?

Except, of course, just because he accepted the parachutes and money didn't mean he HAD to use them in his escape. Up until the moment he steps into the void, he's still has 100% control over the situation. The crew thinks he has a bomb and virtually everyone is cooperating with him. He has virtually all night to decide what to do.

I'm going to suggest that the giddy reaction to the money and his decision to quickly escape shortly after getting it means it was his motivation.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Fair enough, we were getting sidetracked on the knife and cord stuff.

Why didn't Cooper come aboard better equipped? He took a lot of time and effort to make a fake bomb, but as far as we know didnt carry anything aboard to secure the loot which was the most important item and the reason for the skyjack. The Tena Bar money tells Occam that whatever Cooper used as a secure container didn't work very well.

I think DB had on long handles under that suit...

Just sayin

"These are good points, but remember: Cooper expected the money to come in either a knapsack or a backpack, NOT a canvas bag with a leather handle and a leather strap. (From Bill Rataczak) "

This is an assumption not fact. Ratz is just like everyone else in this case. AN ASSUMPTION, not a fact based comment.

Actually there was pieces of money all over the area. The money was washed up on Tina's Bar the week it was found. This was verified by the fazio brothers and the Army Corps of Engineers. To Include the FBI. Jerry

Jerry,

Is the presence of a money fragment debris field present in any FBI or in the Palmer report? If it was there, doesnt it suggest that the loot was dredged?

What is your current theory on ow the money got to Tena Bar?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Rataczak never laid eyes on Cooper. Neither did Scott or Anderson. They maybe (just maybe) could have seen the money as it was being loaded onto the AirStairs, but I doubt it.

If Tina told me it was in a canvas bag with leather handles, I would believe it. But... the guy at the bank that packed it and the guy (in Alabama) who made it, said it was a "sack" with no handles and no closure.

Who ya gonna believe?

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Scott never saw Cooper???

That is in conflict with page 27 of this document:

http://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com/mediaonly/Blastpublicpreviewweb.pdf

“Scott left the cockpit himself and headed to the rear of the plane to speak with Cooper. Several passengers turned their heads as he walked past. Scott pretended he was going to speak to a friend, so as not to alarm everyone. Taking a seat next to Cooper, he said quietly, “What’s this about a bomb?”

Cooper let Scott glance into the briefcase for a split second. Scott got enough of a look to doubt the bomb was real, but he’d already been instructed to cooperate with the hijacker.”

I found this on some guy named Sluggo’s web site:

No one from the cockpit ever left it until they reached Reno.
Authority: Table of Authorities #5

#5 – Transcript of Flight Crew Communications.

This consists of information from a transcription of communication between Northwest Flight 305 and Northwest SEA Flight Ops, SEA Approach Control, SEA Ground Control, SEA Air Route Traffic Control Center (ARTCC), Oakland ARTCC and the Reno, NV Airport Traffic Control Center (ATCT). This transcript was supplied by the FBI.

I don’t know if this Sluggo guy knows what he’s talking about or not, but that’s what he says. He said he talked to some guys at the FBI and they confirmed it, but who knows?

As I said; “Who ya gonna believe?

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

That is in conflict with page 27 of this document:

(Original version of book)

I guess that would be the first time one or another person has ever confabulated about DB Cooper then.;)

I think it's best if I stay away for a while.

While you are away you could read up on how the Internet works.

NOBODY violated your copyright!!

What Sluggo did was include a link TO YOUR COMPANY WEBSITE where the document resides.

Look at the original of what you chose to change:

http://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com/...publicpreviewweb.pdf

Again: He posted a link to YOUR COMPANY WEBSITE...

You really must be hungry for crow a diet.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Don't presume to tell me the rules about US copyrights. I'm quite familiar with them.

I will presume that you don't know anything about how the Internet works. The following link takes you...or anyone else in the world!!...to your company webstie.

Give it a try. It works for me.

http://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com/mediaonly/Blastpublicpreviewweb.pdf
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

It's a link to a PDF. That's why the file name ends in P-D-F. It doesn't go to any website. But then I forgot...you're the internet expert, right?

Uh, maybe not.

One thing I found encouraging. It only shows the first 31 pages of the book. That was the short public preview. It's people like you that made us decide NOT to give the Revised Edition away free this time.

Uh, maybe!

Internet primer for you, copyright expert person: The link goes to your company website: adventurebooksofseattle.com

It points to the directory: "/mediaonly"

And it points to the file name.

You did get one part correct: Blastpublicpreviewweb.pdf The file is a P-D-F.

Grab your plate of crow and dig in...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Don't presume to tell me the rules about US copyrights. I'm quite familiar with them.

I will presume that you don't know anything about how the Internet works. The following link takes you...or anyone else in the world!!...to your company webstie.

Give it a try. It works for me.

It's a link to a PDF. That's why the file name ends in P-D-F. It doesn't go to any website. But then I forgot...you're the internet expert, right?

Uh, maybe not.

One thing I found encouraging. It only shows the first 31 pages of the book. That was the short public preview.

EDIT:
Since it is only the first 31 pages being shown, I think I will let it stand if Quade wants to. Doesn't matter. The Revised Edition is completely different anyway. I completely cancelled that book a couple of months ago in favor of the new one. I was considering doing the same thing as last time, that is, making the entire book available free for two weeks, but after this, I would never do it. Someone from Dropzone would just post it up for distribution. So it's either the paperback or the DRM'd Kindle version. That's it.

As far as I can tell it's a legit link to a company web site and if you want to talk to somebody about a Copyright violation, you really should be talking to Adventure Books for keeping the material on it.

The material has NOT been uploaded though dropzone.com, however, in the interest of calming your nerves a bit I will disable the links here.

You REALLY need to talk to Adventure Books though. They're the ones hosting it. If their security to a folder named "mediaonly" is as simple as linking to it, then they have an issue.
quade -

Having trouble navigating around the website by using the link?

mediaonly is a file storage name, not a webpage. The entire name, AB of Seattle and all, is a file name, not a location.

I would pluck the feathers before you eat the crow. Goes down better that way. I'm not that pissed off anymore anyway. It was only the 31 page preview, and it's from the old book. Still a violation, but since that book is no longer for sale, I don't really care.

It's people like you that helped me finalize my decision not to do the freebie this time. Sometimes we would do this, make a new release available free from a download at the site for a couple of weeks. The reason is because sometimes when people get to check the PDF, they go on to purchase the actual book. We will pass on this idea from now on.

Sir, Calm Down.

In the world of the internet "mediaonly" IS a location. It's a file folder on a web site.

The name of the web site is "http://www.adventurebooksofseattle.com".

On that web site, there is a FOLDER named "mediaonly".

If it was a SECURE folder, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

In that folder is a .pdf which is a named "Blastpublicpreviewweb.pdf".

It is NOT a Copyright violation for somebody to link to that and especially when it was perfectly legal for them to do so. No break-in occurred. Nothing was stolen. It's an unsecured folder. I assume the link was for a preview as you've said, but it's perfectly clear to me the issue you have about the material still being available needs to be taken up with Adventure Books.
quade -

EDIT:
Since it is only the first 31 pages being shown, I think I will let it stand if Quade wants to. Doesn't matter. The Revised Edition is completely different anyway. I completely cancelled that book a couple of months ago in favor of the new one. I was considering doing the same thing as last time, that is, making the entire book available free for two weeks, but after this, I would never do it. Someone from Dropzone would just post it up for distribution. So it's either the paperback or the DRM'd Kindle version. That's it.

Groovy. I'm going to reactivate the links then.

Edited to add

Hopefully the links are back up, if not, somebody can just repost it.
quade -

EDIT: I called Skipp Porteous and since that quote about Captain Scott supposedly going back to check with Cooper came from him, I asked him to verify his source. He says he thinks Sluggo is wrong, but I have to admit I wondered about it myself. Skipp says he will check on it (from his files, etc) when he goes to the office tomorrow and let me know.

If it is inaccurate, I will correct it and reload the print file. This only takes a few minutes. If it IS correct, then I'm going to quote a source, along with the statement. I will have to check to see if we even put that in the revised edition. Not sure.

verbatum: (plane landed Reno at 11:02)

"11:08 PM PST

305 Ok uh, I’ll tell you what – stand by just a moment – We’re uh, We’re gonna look back here and see what’s going on.
RNO LC Ok.

11:09 PM PST

305 Ah Ground uh or Reno? Stand by for just a few moments please. We will be back with ya.
RNO LC 305 Roger.

11:11 PM PST

RNO LC 30 Northwest 305. Tower.
Northwest 305 Reno Tower.

11:12 PM PST

RNO LC Northwest 305. Tower.
Northwest 305? Reno Tower.

11:13 PM PST***

RNO LC Northwest 305. Reno Tower. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ABOARD THE AIRCRAFT. EXIT THE AIRCRAFT FROM THE FRONT. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ABOARD THE AIRCRAFT AND EXIT FROM THE FRONT.
305 AE Reno this is Northwest uh 305.
RNO LC Northwest 305. Reno tower.
305 OK SIR. BE ADVISED THAT UH WE APPARENTLY UH.. OUR PASSENGER TOOK LEAVE OF US SOMEWHERE UH .. BETWEEN HERE AND SEATTLE. WE HAVE MADE A RATHER ‘CURSORY’ EXAMINATION OF THE AIRCRAFT FOR THE UH, BRIEF CASE AND UH, WE ARE UNABLE TO DO THIS, WE WOULD LIKE TO
SECURE THE AIRCRAFT. WE’LL LEAVE THE BEACON ON. WE’RE GOING TO, WELL FACT OF THE MATTER, IS WE’RE GOING TO SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN. WE’RE GOING TO TAKE LEAVE OF THE AIRCRAFT. WE WOULD REQUEST THAT UH WE HAVE GROUND TRANSPORTATION IF YA WOULD. AH WE DON’T
NEED THE FUELERS. WE CERTAINLY THANK THEM FOR
STANDING BY AND EVERYONE ELSE WE REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT AND HELP WE GOT AND IF WE COULD GET SOME UH TRANSPORTATION INTO, AH WELL AH I THINK UNITED HAS AN OPERATIONS AK DEPARTMENT HERE DO THEY NOT?

11:14 PM PST

RNO LC 305 Affirmative. Do not touch anything on the aircraft. Depart the aircraft from The front entrance. Do not touch anything on it. Just depart it from the front. We Will have transportation available.

. . . "

What you are saying Blevins is that Rataczak's
purported NEW evidence given to Porteous trumps the PI Transcripts ? This would obviously mean the
PI Transcripts leaked to the PI were redacted.

Yes or No?

BTW: Its a distinct pleasure to help you write,
edit, and manage your and AB's books? Do we
get honorable mention?

Is Rataczak being paid a commission?

Why wont he talk to anyone else!?

You do realise you and Gayla and Porteous
have now put Rataczak's reputation on the line
notto mention the reputations and former
testimonies of others . . .

not that it matters at all! :P

Ckret posted on this matter:

Ckret

PM Friend

Jumps
License
In sport
:
:
:

Dec 16, 2007, 11:35 AM

Post #693 of 1694 (1684 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [NickDG] Video of Cooper Evidence [In reply to]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one from the cockpit ever left it until they reached Reno.

We may never know whether he jumped with the dummy chute or not. But if he went through the bother of throwing out the dummy, why not the second back chute and the one he took apart. The statements made by the witnesses indicate he tied the money to his waist.

ibid: Scott speech `1997 Az Aero Club -

Scott does not mention going back and
sitting with Cooper.

I think DB had on long handles under that suit...

Just sayin

I spoke with Mitchell, the college student who sat across the isle from Cooper. I had 2 conversation with Mitchell and the contact was orginated with a family member.

Without going back to my notes,
he didn't pay much attention to Cooper and was the last person to reluctantly move forward, because he was studying.

He didn't really pay much attention to the man. What he said "There was something sticking out from under his pants." I asked if it was socks and he didn't think so because the man had on Dark pants and socks don't hang down so he felt it was LONG UNDERWEAR. He told this to the FBI.

He said he was a college student at the time and it had been too many yrs to remember what Cooper looked like. As for the photos I had at that time of Duane - he thought the ears might be too large, but it was his only negative comment and it had just been too many yrs for him to say that a photo of anyone was Cooper. He was young and just went on with his life - and that he truely did not remember what the man looked like.

This is the same with any of the witnesses if they are being truthful.

If you were on a plane in 1971 and 30 yrs later (I talked to Mitchell about 10 yrs ago) even though there was a commotion about this man - would you be able to identify a photo of Cooper after 30 yrs. I frankly do not believe there is anyone who could do that.

It was Mitchell's opinion that Cooper was wearing long John's and that is the ONLY thing he really remembers regarding Cooper.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

This guy was in a huge bind now, on that plane, if he didnt have parachuting skills and luck. What good is money or a grudge if you're going to be dead in the next 20 minutes?

Except, of course, just because he accepted the parachutes and money didn't mean he HAD to use them in his escape. Up until the moment he steps into the void, he's still has 100% control over the situation. The crew thinks he has a bomb and virtually everyone is cooperating with him. He has virtually all night to decide what to do.

I'm going to suggest that the giddy reaction to the money and his decision to quickly escape shortly after getting it means it was his motivation.

Or, that his bailout shortly? after receiving the
money indicates his giddy reaction was a cathartic
event bringing him out of a malaise (which had
set in due to long hours waiting) to get to a
decisive point - and he had decisions to make
if he was going ahead with the plan, and he did.

"Up until the moment he steps into the void, he's still has 100% control over the situation", except
that he has just hijacked a plane and nothing to
do except perhaps minimise it by giving up - your
100% control? Control over what? Ten years in
prison no matter what at that point?

It depends on how you define the game and the
rational player. A rational player does not hijack
in the first place and once done what defines
rational becomes a variable ?

Contrast all of this with McCoy. McCoy exercised
far more control (strict controls) on the plane,
chose a hijacking situation with far more variables
for something going wrong, and screwed up both
in the execution and in the landing. Correct?
McCoy shot his mouth off and got caught.

Cooper chose a very tightly restricted situation
by comparison, less people to control, a smaller
area to act in, remained polite, and bailed...

Whcih one is the rational player in a hijacking
scenario? Can you compare them?