47 47
quade

DB Cooper

since posting here, I always have been completely willing to answer any questions about this subject that I'm able to.
which is the primary thing I've been faulted with here, some consider that having others do my research.

Sorry Jamie didn't mean to offend you. I agree that you answer questions. I think for the most part Vickie appears to be much more open to the possibility that her dad might not be Cooper - that is what I find attractive. It could simply be a factor of how people come across on the internet and it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I will drop in occasionally to answer questions, or just see how things are going, but truthfully I don't see any more purpose in making big contributions to the thread.

I've presented my case for Kenny Christiansen as well as I can. If you're a regular to this thread, you've seen all the entries. I'm not convinced it was Duane Weber, or William Gossett, or Jamie Cooper's dad, and unless one of you who supports these individuals as suspects can present better evidence, than I stick with KC as the guy.

Some of you offered corrections on certain things that I tried to incorporate into the revised edition of the book. I thank you for that. But it's time for me to move on. I never said I was a professional DB Cooper investigator. In fact, I mostly write either sci-fi or crime novels. I was sort of roped into this job of playing PI regarding the Cooper case because of circumstances. And it's time for me to get back to editing other people's books and finishing one I put on hold a year ago. However, I wouldn't trade my experiences with the Cooper investigation for anything. It was fun, and it was definitely challenging.

I understand that most of you don't know me personally. That's okay. But if you did, you would know I never went into this for the money. We lost SO MUCH investing all that time and effort (and money) into trying to discover the truth that Gayla the CEO was pulling her hair out over all of it. And I got tired of spending all my weekends on the friggin' road, instead of doing the things I actually like to do on weekends, like camping, target shooting, hiking, and fishing. Those things need to come back and the Cooper thing retired. Our contribution to the case is finished. Take it or leave it, I say. Believe it or not, up to you, and no hard feelings either way.

If it turns out that Kenneth P. Christiansen was the skyjacker, this only means I did my job, and that I got lucky. That's all.

no matter how things turn out, You've done your job.
at the very least you brought new insight to the DB Cooper subject.
regardless of how history will view this "decoded" tv episode, I'll say this.
You seemed to be the most knowledgeable and reasonable one of the bunch.
I wish you well in youre pursuits and look forward to any future insights and/or evidence You might encounter in the future as well.

since posting here, I always have been completely willing to answer any questions about this subject that I'm able to.
which is the primary thing I've been faulted with here, some consider that having others do my research.

Sorry Jamie didn't mean to offend you. I agree that you answer questions. I think for the most part Vickie appears to be much more open to the possibility that her dad might not be Cooper - that is what I find attractive. It could simply be a factor of how people come across on the internet and it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

I like her and her approach as well.
not relevant to the subject or discussion though.
emotions shouldn't factor in for the investigator, except only to factor in the emotions of witnesses and/or suspects.
I'm completely open to the idea that My father may not have been the hijacker as well.
this is another prejudice I've encountered here while being stereotyped with other posters.
I don't currently have physical/tangible evidence, unless the envelope is capable of producing a matching dna sample,or his military records have matching fingerprints, or the briefcase is found and it's contents were to be as damning as my mother felt they were.
as has been said here before, all I have for the most part would be considered "anecdotal",or "circumstantial".
neither of which would do much in a court room.
thats not to say court rooms are the acid test for truth either.
I thought I made that clear in my first post when I came here, and was instantly attacked and accused of other things. in Blevins case, I was preemptively attacked before I even made my first post. which will always make me at least somewhat question his motive for doing so.
in the end I may just write up all that I can remember which is in reality "non-fiction" and post it as a "fictional" account on one of my blogs and just be done with all this bickering and arguing entirely.
the truth should be told, because there are important lessons to be learned from it, but perhaps it is best if I just post it on my own blog, and let a future generation dig into it after all these other agenda centric and promoted theories have failed.
I'm not a sleuth, I'm a musician/visual artist/television/video producer/sometimes politician. and quite frankly after nearly 40 years of related experiences, situations and stories, I can only say for certain, this DB Cooper association has never done anything good for me in any aspect of my life. I literally hate it in every sense of the word!
probably should have just kept it all to myself to begin with. but while you can pick your nose, pick your friends, even sometimes pick your friends noses (if you're cool like that), you can't pick your parents or relatives.

Nice Amazon! Typical days catch I presume. ;)

Your turn Jerry.

Georger can post some Catfish or Bass.

Nah this is closer to normal usually the Sturgeon is closed during samming season

mmmmmm sammings

That Columbia River Bar can be scary as hell in a big swell. Been there.
Lots of mariners lost their lives there. Big ships all the way down to skiffs. When that bar breaks it can take em down no matter how big and powerful.

Another bar that has scared me is at the mouth of the Eel River off Eureka CA. Lost some friends on that one.

Cooper's body may have been washed downriver past Astoria and out to sea. Some day a drag boat (bottom trawler) may come up with some parachute gear.

Nice fish Amazon. Your sailboat?

Yup that is my wee "LilRedBoat" a 1969 22' Columbia Sloop... heaavily constructed Hand laid woven roving;)

I have taken her out 200 miles till I started to skeer myself ( ok I did have the 6 Man Avon and the survial suits, shall we say I take my personal survival seriously :)}

She fishes nice under sail or just putting along on the 15 horse 4 stroke Honda.

As far as the BAR... dude.. I LOVE the BAR... whitewater sailing is the very best:)
I have skeered the shit out of most of my friends crossing the bar under sail:P:P

ITs fun to take her out to watch the Coasties train out on Middle Ground or just to the west of Clatsop Spit in the winter time. The secret is.. staying out of the shallows where the huge rollers coming in off the Pacific crest and break. It is AWSUM to watch when the 20'+ rollers start breaking out there when the tide is going out and all the winter rainwater is fighting all those big swells coming in off the Gulf of Alaska.

"What possible purpose could a "fake" hijacking serve that would need to remain classified this late in the game?"

Been there, done that 'til I'm blue in the face.

The FBI used the name, "Project Norjack," referring to this Cooper incident in the winter of 1968 and we are still using it today. Does that give you any hints as to who organized what?? I believe Cap initiated it with the FAA Task Force, McCoy consulted with the FBI, based on who knew who, where the power was, and what the chain of command was at the time. It was a pilot's power play, orchestrated by pilots, for pilots, using an expendable guinea pig on an experimental rear stairs jump. The purpose was to provide a classroom example of the total lack of airline safety, the exposure to subversive takeover, and the obvious defenselessness of the people aboard a flying bomb. Way ahead of the curve and an argument that had become a squeeze play against the Airline Companies. Northwest was onboard with the changes, the rest baulked. Enter Project Norjack.

I was accused of threatening my draftboard and was subjected to hypnotism by the Minnesota Commander. The doctor that induced me was part of the "Blue Bird" program. I was hypnotized and interrogated about what I had done. I was found guilty and sentenced to 4 years at Leavenworth. The Commander suspended that sentence provided I assist Sgt. Richard Floyd McCoy, Jr. (who was right there during my trial) in the FBI/FAA Project Norjack. I signed papers agreeing to that participation. They didn't set up shop just for me. There must have been a number of others that got this treatment, including Duane Weber.

The Legal System looks on this project as a crime. The Executive branch looked on it as a legal necessity, and the public looks on it as an icon hero worship. The law enforcement groups, the old FBI, did the Hoover thing, then buried it. The new FBI can't prove anything without evidence or perhaps just goes along to protect an 'approved' project from a technical injustice. The whole thing has become a stalemate, and in that, a lucrative game to play, almost tongue-in-cheek. It makes me sick. The reason it keeps dragging on, in my opinion, is it's popularity, players using the incident's popularity for profit, and determination on both sides of the stalemate to solve or bury the case. It feeds itself. Just keeps getting bigger all the time. It is a Classified National Security Secret. What a damned joke! It is time to pardon and declassify.

Hope Jerry comes back. He actually KNEW McCoy. I'd like to see him and Al spar about McCoy. I'd bet on Jerry for a KO before the fourth round.

[BLUE]JERRY KNEW MC COY - NOW THIS OPENS A WHOLE CAN OF WORMS![/BLUE]

I know this to be true. Very true. I know the Jerry Thomas connection and who the primary connections were at the other end. You are speaking of the ultimate authorities, the king-pin, the trainer himself (not Thomas, but his co-op). Ain't no can of worms. It was THE source. Best friends with McCoy, whole families, buddies to the death! Been there, done that. I doubt that we would have gotten the truth, though. That would confirm everything I've said about McCoy and THEN some! You want facts, that is where the truth AND the fiction lies (lays?).

To verify, his email address was something like, [email protected] Right?
That aught to be all the proof you need.
Unfortunately, Jerry passed away. You knew that.
The trainer does not use a computer.

Please pursue this connection, review my posts and accept my apologies for taking over your forum, but this is where I can get off and let you ride your own rollacoaster. Seems my task would be accomplished in part, if your eyes are finally opened. I was wondering how long it would take to get through that obstanate, stubborn skull. Looks like we might have made it, huh? Best wishes.

The rest of you might want to copy some of your rediculous posts and frame them on your wall to remind yourselves to be more considerate of the other point of view. You and the guy (gal) in the mirror ain't the end-all in fact determination.

"Unfortunately, Jerry passed away."

Georger- you have a way to contact Jerry outside this forum. Can you shine in on this outlandish statement and maybe make a phone call? And I think it's time to bring Jerry back to address all of these accusations.

Wow! I need a program to keep up with this forum. Let me understand what I have read in the last 24 hours- Quade really isn't Quade, Jerry is Dead, McCoy is alive. Amazon is quitting skydiving and becoming a Sturgeon guide and joining the pro bass tour? What's next????

I think for the most part Vickie appears to be much more open to the possibility that her dad might not be Cooper

I have always stated that "He is a viable suspect that may need to be investigated" I have never said Melvin Luther Wilson was D.B. Cooper. Just a coincidence that he matches the physical description and disappeared in the summer of 1971.

I thought I would put the name out there and the situation. If the FBI/Secret Service/US Marshal's want to play nice and talk to each other and look at the prints...so be it. I wish we had more information within the family, but we don't. Just memories from when I was seven, some pictures and an Unsolved Mystery show.
Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Georger- you have a way to contact Jerry outside this forum. Can you shine in on this outlandish statement and maybe make a phone call? And I think it's time to bring Jerry back to address all of these accusations.

Wow! I need a program to keep up with this forum. Let me understand what I have read in the last 24 hours- Quade really isn't Quade, Jerry is Dead, McCoy is alive. Amazon is quitting skydiving and becoming a Sturgeon guide and joining the pro bass tour? What's next????

Nah.. I already did that gig part time.... All I ended up doing was givin up some of my secret fishin holes ... and teaching a bunch of guys who had been fishing all their lives.... how to go catching instead.:ph34r::ph34r:

I think we need a theme song for the thread the way it has taken a detour

DB Cooper Thread

Might I suggest this as a possibly more appropriate theme song in light of this 'detour'...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQvVTPXZuBo

Nope

No workie

Oh, I hate it when that happens - I get hat sometimes. See what happens when you try do the right thing and use the official videos!! See if this one works better ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRNYqsMIbg0
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

If Jerry and McCoy really did know each other - then there must might be something to all of this none of us know.

Really? 2 skydivers from the same era knew each other? Indeed, there must be a conspiracy :S

The children and grandchildren grew up with enough problems as it was - so why is Knoss confronting family that HAD absolutely nothing to do with what their father or grandfather did? ........
I am not going to go their facebook and harass individual who had NOTHING to do with this.

How is this different from you badgering Jamie with some wild claim that he was given away by someone Duane knew?

I think many here will miss you, Mr Blevins. You posted in a sane and rational manner. You had some solid backing to your conclusions. You answered questions that were asked of you and were willing to listen when the information didn't support your conclusions.

Others could learn from your behavior.

I'm not convinced KC was Cooper. I still believe it was an unknown who died in the jump (which makes Vickie's dad the only viable suspect presented so far). Based on what Georger has posted, and more importantly, what he didn't post, I'm starting to believe that the Ingram find was really the whole shebang, all $200k, with only a small amount still intact. Just a feeling, and I certainly could be wrong.

Last - You really don't think you can just walk away from this, do you Mr Blevins?

Kinda like the Eagle's Hotel California, the Cooper Zone has a one-way door.

Someone needs to rent a church basement and brew a big urn of coffee.

Hi, my name's Joe and I know a lot about DB Cooper...:P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"so why is Knoss confronting family that HAD absolutely nothing to do with what their father or grandfather did?"

Total lies again, Jo. I never even TRIED to talk to any relatives except a related business client, and that was coincidental not intentional. Total falsehoods on your part. Were do you get this crop? And I contacted all the parties! Hoey! There are a lot of people I never contacted. You are the harrasser here, like Jason says. You called Karen, I NEVER have. I suspect an alterior motive. What is it? Were you threatened too? Your reactions are over the top. WAY over the top. Methinks thee protesteth too much. What's up, Doc? What's the game play here? Call the FBI? Hell, I'll go with you! No problemo.

You are frantically trying to cover up all the facts about McCoy, then you call Karen????? Everything is the opposite of what it seems. The whole project works that way. THAT is the key to Project Norjak.
Right?B| "Once there was one, now there are three, find my wife and you will find me." Hi Mac!! Enter in, guy! You said to go ahead and do it, but you didn't think I would be able to, did you? Surprise!!
Tit for TAT!

Fish take bait everyday - don't they? I am sitting here lauging my head off. So when did Jerry die?;)B|:)
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"What do you mean by "radio vectoring"? Can you be more specific?"

I did fly in a Mooney owned by a NW pilot friend of Rataczack's. He showed me how it works and we came down right on top of the Devil's Lake, ND, airport tower, dead nuts from fully overcast fog. Don't ask me to set the radios, but ask me how accurate it is? 100 feet. Zones in on any broadcast and you can triangulate any known location given two known signals, two radios. Especially if you had gone out and recorded the desired location in the bright clear sunshiny daytime before hand. That is how it works. Wouldn't any pilot know how to do that? Think so.

Sounds like you are describing ADF navigation. It's great for going directly to a low frequency non directional beacon (NDB) or an AM broadcast station antenna location but not very precise for determining your location by triangulation. I am not a pilot. Maybe Quade can explain it better. 727s had ADFs in 71 but they also had better gear for determining position like DME.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"Unfortunately, Jerry passed away. You knew that."

I read an obit. If it wasn't him, which longtime Cooper sleuth who roamed the woods was it?

I anticipate Jerry will be here tonight answering
questions - unless of course he deems this not
worth his time.

In case there is any doubt I just spoke with
Shelly and Jerry and both are fine.

:)

Below you state that I called Karen McCoy. YOU KNOW THAT IS AN OUT AND OUT LIE, JUST LIKE THE rest of you story. I know were she is, but I have NEVER contacted her.

Quote from Knoss's post:

Total lies again, Jo. I never even TRIED to talk to any relatives except a related business client, and that was coincidental not intentional. Total falsehoods on your part. Were do you get this crop? And I contacted all the parties! Hoey! There are a lot of people I never contacted. You are the harrasser here, like Jason says. You called Karen, I NEVER have. I suspect an alterior motive. What is it? Were you threatened too? Your reactions are over the top. WAY over the top. Methinks thee protesteth too much. What's up, Doc? What's the game play here? Call the FBI? Hell, I'll go with you! No problemo.

You are frantically trying to cover up all the facts about McCoy, then you call Karen????? Everything is the opposite of what it seems.

WHEW!
[RED]

Knoss I have had enough of you.
I have not called Mrs. McCoy nor have I been threatened nor have I harassed anyone. YOU my dear Man are a very very SICK person and you need to get some help - soon. If you like to play nasty games - that also is sick.

Any communications I have made with anyone is to try to help. When you first contacted me I didn't know what to think about your story. I called the FBI and Himmelsbach.

Even this thread is able to pick up on your delusions and lies.
You are SCARY and you are a SCARY man...and your ACTIONS even Scarier. When you contact children who where NOT even born in 1971 - telling them their grandfather did not die and that he was still alive - that is GOING OVER THE LINE. Sending this family pictures of a man you claim to be McCoy is going over the line.

You need medical attention.
Please get some help.

How is this different from you badgering Jamie with some wild claim that he was given away by someone Duane knew?

Jamie came to this thread looking for answers - and what I read into his post is how I answered. The McCoy grandchildren did NOT approach Knoss.

I have a lot of compassion for Jamie and simply presented to him other alternatives for his memories. Because of a family story I know - I felt I needed to make him aware of these other possiblities.

Anything else is irrelevant and he is looking at things a little more objectively now than he did in the beinging. It makes NO difference if I or the thread are responsible for that. No one will ever erase his memories, but at least he has explored the possibilites.

"Sending this family pictures of a man you claim to be McCoy is going over the line."

Never happened. Who told you this garbage? I want to confront who is feeding these lies. Karen? Not true. Way beyond me, that's downright cruel! Never!

"When you contact children who where NOT even born in 1971 - telling them their grandfather did not die and that he was still alive..."

Never happened. More garbage, Jo. Mention McCoy and you go off rail. Always! Now in red?? What is going on? It is like a shocker cushion in your chair. If I push the button, you light up! I smell a rat.

Mac. Mac. Mac. Mac. Mac. Mac. Now watch yourself........

Sounds like you are describing ADF navigation. It's great for going directly to a low frequency non directional beacon (NDB) or an AM broadcast station antenna location but not very precise for determining your location by triangulation. I am not a pilot. Maybe Quade can explain it better. 727s had ADFs in 71 but they also had better gear for determining position like DME.

I agree that it sounds like ADF. You can get a reasonably accurate bearing to an NDB (or AM radio station). You can triangulate on 2 seperate ones to get a position fix.

You aren't going to get accuracy of +/-100 ft unless you are right on top of the station. An IFR NDB approach usually uses (or used, I don't know if there are any NDB approaches left) a beacon right on the airport or very close to it.

But, back in 71, an NDB receiver, including the bearing display, would have been as big as a car battery. Plus it would need an antenna outside the plane.

Georger - Thank you for establishing that Jerry is ok. I didn't always agree with him, but I valued his input.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo