47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Note: Complete manuscript of the revised edition (including all photos) has been provided to the Seattle FBI in PDF.

What they will do with it, I can't say.

Ok. We were just talking about profiles.
I think Kenny was "too moral" to be Cooper.
This stuff about him being pissed off enough
at NWA to hijack their plane is nonsense, to me.
Kenny was a good servant his whole life long.
A moral guy from a fine rural Minnesota family,
who found his way and made a place for himself
in the world - straight path all the way through
to the end, as much as possible. Im sure there
were some bad times but he had stamina and
was resolute; he liked life too much to risk it all.
Kenny was no genius. Sure he had private secrets
but everyone does. I find it strange you are so
attracted to him. I think Kenny would see you as
a risk taker?

Old Bernie looked like a deer in a pair of high beams when asked about what he was doing in that Airstream trailer during the Thanksgiving holiday of November 1971.

Superb investigation and research to be sure. I can’t think of any other possibility other than aiding and abetting a hijacking.

Who would leave their wife’s behind on Thanksgiving?

good one ;)

Georger says in part:

'Ok. We were just talking about profiles.
I think Kenny was "too moral" to be Cooper.
This stuff about him being pissed off enough
at NWA to hijack their plane is nonsense, to me.
Kenny was a good servant his whole life long.
A moral guy from a fine rural Minnesota family,
who found his way and made a place for himself
in the world - straight path all the way through
to the end, as much as possible. Im sure there
were some bad times but he had stamina and
was resolute; he liked life too much to risk it all.
Kenny was no genius. Sure he had private secrets
but everyone does. I find it strange you are so
attracted to him. I think Kenny would see you as
a risk taker?'

And you know all of these things about Christiansen exactly how again? Have you spoken to the people who knew him, or is it just a gut instinct? Have to ask.

Gut instinct based on everything Ive read including
yours to date ....

Name me one thing he did of a serious nature
that was criminal? (excluding him being DB
Cooper). One actual proven-recorded criminal act.

"Handle the Subject like just like any other changes - please."

My error, you are correct, I will be more observant in the future. Thank you.

I just spent 10 minutes scanning George Nuttall's book, ..."Exposed." After this very brief look I find a very unbiased report by a skilled investigator. His final recommendations are RIGHT ON THE MONEY. If you combine the story Jo Weber tells with the information Nuttall has collected you will be as close as you can get to the truth on paper. Unfortunately, there are some redactions in black marker that CAN be figured out, but he really nails the case. Lots of far-out stuff I'm not ready to buy, like mafia and Mexico and such, but, hey, this guy has the experience to be credible. Not some armchair publisher doing damage control. I recommend this book very highly to round out your library with VALUABLE, CREDIBLE information. I score it an 8. I can verify much of what this man has gathered. (I can also point out what he has overlooked or missed.:P) I do not need to review "Blast". That gets an automatic ZERO based on prior credible discrediting information.B|

"Gut instinct based on everything Ive read including
yours to date .... "

You are reading this one correctly. If you can get a copy of the entire Last Will and Testament of Kenneth Christensen, with ALL attachments, you will have all the proof you need to completely discredit that book.

"Handle the Subject like just like any other changes - please."

My error, you are correct, I will be more observant in the future. Thank you.

I just spent 10 minutes scanning George Nuttall's book, ..."Exposed." After this very brief look I find a very unbiased report by a skilled investigator. His final recommendations are RIGHT ON THE MONEY. If you combine the story Jo Weber tells with the information Nuttall has collected you will be as close as you can get to the truth on paper. Unfortunately, there are some redactions in black marker that CAN be figured out, but he really nails the case. Lots of far-out stuff I'm not ready to buy, like mafia and Mexico and such, but, hey, this guy has the experience to be credible. Not some armchair publisher doing damage control. I recommend this book very highly to round out your library with VALUABLE, CREDIBLE information. I score it an 8. I can verify much of what this man has gathered. (I can also point out what he has overlooked or missed.:P) I do not need to review "Blast". That gets an automatic ZERO based on prior credible discrediting information.B|

Unbiasedness is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway you contradict yourself, saying he is credible but lots of far-out stuff you are not ready to buy?

[Why am I even answering this? Who told this guy how to find us here on DZ rather than leaving him to talk to himself on Facebook??:|]
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Sluggo,

My post about Rupert was a compliment. Here in Indiana he is a bit of a celeberty that everyone likes. Let's just say he won a Million Dollars at the end and is doing great thing with it. Google "Ruperts kids". The orther Richard thing was a tong in Cheek thing.

Blevins writes about Sluggo:

First...if the Cooper case is ever actually solved, your website, the baby you've worked on for years, the place where you get a lot of traffic, would become very much redundant. You would become more of a non-entity in the Cooper case. The truth is, you stand to gain if the case is NEVER solved, and that is a fact.

Robert you are mistaken. Sluggo would be overjoyed to see the case solved. You can have the DBC media spotlight. I am 100 pct sure that it doesn't bother Sluggo.

I enjoyed the show even though I disagree with the thesis. It will generate interest and controversy about DBC and in my book that's all good. Although the DBC fire has always burned bright in our eyes, the reality is that it was down to embers in the world outside this forum. You tossed a log on the coals and that's a good thing.

My crow is still saying "show me the hinge." He should just remain quiet and let me forget about the bet, but he is a "risk taker". I know you say the hinge is irrelevant, but it's absence would speak to the integrity of the Decoded investigation. Brad Meltzer and I have some things in common, but I think he and/or his crew may spin things. Thats OK in fiction, but not in serious investigative journalism. The show's integrity is "hingeing" on the answer to this "pivotal" inquiry.

It's truly amazing how many people believe they know who Cooper was and can come up with "evidence" to support their particular candidate. I wonder if there was a similar phenomena around Jack the Ripper?

At least someone is willing to bet $5000 on your story Robert. If it was universally seen as absurd no real money offers would be made for option rights.

I know Sheridan Peterson lurks here. Wonder if he saw your show? Would love to read his reaction.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

"Unbiasedness is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway you contradict yourself, saying he is credible but lots of far-out stuff you are not ready to buy?"

He has the credentials to be qualified to do a thorough investigation. Most of what he says is consistent with what I know to be true. Some of the things he talks about I have no reference to and can not verify. If this man says it, there must be some value to it and it might be a good idea to pursue it further. I would be surprised if some of it is really true, but the man is more credible than any other book I have read, other than Himmelsbach, which I believe is basically factual until you get to his suppositions. That is huey, dooey, and looey, Blast stuff.
Only when you add Jo's story does it become the whole story. Jo won't accept the Hoover theory and Nuttall won't accept Jo's theories. Both are half right coupled with Himmelsbach's background information. There is a little truth and a little fiction in most stories because few saw everything from conception until today. It continues today as a never-ending mop-up by the profiting cleaning crew.;)

"Unbiasedness is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway you contradict yourself, saying he is credible but lots of far-out stuff you are not ready to buy?"

He has the credentials to be qualified to do a thorough investigation. Most of what he says is consistent with what I know to be true.

...like I said, "unbiasedness is in the eye of the beholder". There are an awful lot of people who "know" stuff about the Cooper case. Would be fantastic if they all agreed with each other :|

As for credentials... yeah. That guy who linked the MMR vaccine to autism had great credentials too. Look where that got everyone.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

"[Why am I even answering this? Who told this guy how to find us here on DZ rather than leaving him to talk to himself on Facebook?? "

Why, it was your alter-ego, Orange! A little voice whispered in my ear that I should put something in your stocking. So I'm letting it run down your leg into your sock. Cheer up! I could start transposing Facebook for you and make you all sick(er). Keep an open mind, closing off an empty cavity can create a pressure differential that could be hazardous. Cheer up! It is all in good educational spirits! :)

"[Why am I even answering this? Who told this guy how to find us here on DZ rather than leaving him to talk to himself on Facebook?? "

Why, it was your alter-ego, Orange! A little voice whispered in my ear that I should put something in your stocking. So I'm letting it run down your leg into your sock. Cheer up! I could start transposing Facebook for you and make you all sick(er). Keep an open mind, closing off an empty cavity can create a pressure differential that could be hazardous. Cheer up! It is all in good educational spirits! :)

this boarders on sexual predator talk and shouldn't be tolerated!

Georger,

Just to start your morning off right I figured I should paraphrase a headline from here in Indiana from last nights basketball action.

My Indiana State Sycamores 70, Georger's Northern Iowa Panthers 45!

ft#3*M3^%CV##t! You are sohhhh cruel!
But my head is held high ,,,,,

:)

I have something I need help with.

In Duane's old address book along with his Navy ID # was a phone#.. He said it was a special phone number encase he needed help.

After I got hold of Himmelsbach in August of 1996 - we had several conversations and I think I still had the address book and it would have had the number for Meire in it (the number of a OLD friend). I don't recall if I still had it when I was talking to Himmelsbach, but I checked all of the phone bills from 1995 and 1996.

Help me with this phone number (now remember I don't know that this was the number from the book). I tried to call it today and it now an non working number.

I recall that when I did call the number in the book I got an apartment building and I didn't have a code or a name. I talked to who ever the number belonged to at that time - they had had the number for yrs, but he explained that several people lived in the building.

I believe this is the phone number XXX-XXX-XXXX. Is anyone able to find out who that number belonged to from 1965 until 1995. I made the call on Sept 6th of 1996. I was looking for anumber that seemed out of place with the other numbers I normally called. I did have a friend in Chicago, but this number is not one of her numbers unless it change about that time. We only exchanged calls at Xmas under normal circumstances.

The only other number that popped out was a Michigan number. I am going to go back thur the old bills and see if I missed something. I don't recall when I got rid of the book, but I did call that SPECIAL number so it would be on my bills.

If it was a condo/apt - residents would change over the yrs...if at all possible I need the name of every resident from 1965 to 1995. I know someone out there just might figure out what I am after, but there is NO reason to share that at this point in time.

There was also a Nebraska number but, with the minimun charge so I did not get a connection.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

How do I find out who had the phone number in 1996 and as far back as 1971......Where that phone number is located now has nothing to do about where it was located from 1971 to 1996...although it was probably near by and in the same area. I don't know how large the Chicago zones where in those days.

When I called it yesterday it was NOT a working number. MOST ASSUREDLY THE PERSON WHO HAD THE PHONE NUMBER IN 1996 PROBABLY DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE THAT SAME PHONE NUMBER today.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

How do I find out who had the phone number in 1996 and as far back as 1971.

I'm a bit surprised at you. You've been at this game of attempting to ferret out information for awhile and yet it appears as if you haven't learned a lot about basic investigative work. I mean, it's not the job of the average person to know this type of thing and that's IS why they hire investigators to do it for them, but I would have thought by now you would have picked up few things like this.

The book you're looking for is called a reverse telephone directory. They are available in most areas of the country and almost assuredly in Chicago. Most businesses that buy them toss them out after they expire, but most serious investigators would hold on to theirs for the future value of them in tracking down exactly the sort of thing you are.

Additionally, it's possible you could contact a Chicago area public library and see if they have ones from the period in question.

Side note; VERY old telephone directories used to also list a person's occupation. Although by the time we get to the period we're talking about here for the DB Cooper case, that probably wasn't being done too much.

It's leg work. But there's no reason you can't do it yourself.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm too lazy to read pages of this thread so I don't know if you got an answer about a twill canopy.

Twill canopies were still in the air when I started in 1980! I know this because I jumped with people wearing one and was asked to pack one in the early 80's but wouldn't. Everyone knew they shouldn't be in the air but they were. And it's not out of the question that a 1946 twill canopy was around a dropzone in 1971. Especially in a pilot rig. Nobody cared what was in there.

The DZ where I started was using 1965 military canopies for reserves on students in 1985. It happens to be laying on my rigging table for someone to practice on tomorrow. And older stuff was around.

Some riggers routinely pack 1950's gear today! I wouldn't but it's easy enough to find labeled as freshly packed and airworthy.

Until somebody tells me why ELSE that parachute would be buried there I think it probably IS Cooper's chute.

I've never seen a photo of the complete data panel that would have been opposite the DOM and contract number that has been shown. I assume that's because it isn't there anymore. It would be cut out to modify the parachute to make it steerable by civilian skydivers.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

what about ownership history of an address? how would you find that?

That's actually trivial.

Go to the respective county Hall of Records and look it up. You should be able to see who owned a piece of land all the way back to its ownership by England, France or Spanish land grants.

Of course, if you can't travel somewhere personally, you'd have to hire somebody to do it for you.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

thanks for the info, but I have no budget at all to research :(

on a different note check out this commercial from 1972
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHO7DGdN2mI
it has a airport in it, I got one like it from my Grandma one year and a airplane for it from my father the same year, for xmas.
at first I was afraid of my father because I didn't recognize him, and his voice for some reason instantly frightened me.
my grandma made me sit with him and visit. i remember not wanting too.
my father and i played with it and he said when the one wing of the airport was angled just right, it looked like "tacoma or maybe seattle" (his exact words). I moved it, but he kept moving it back , and insisting we pretend the scenario he wanted.
we pretended that a blond haired toy Stew was named "Tina", I wanted to name it after my sister but he insisted she was tina and my sister wasn't there.. a cowboy toy was used to represent my father and sat in the luggage area (which was the best seat), they had to stop to refuel, and let some of the people off, but kept tina with.
there wasn't a luggage door so the cowboy jumped out the window with a luggage toy.
a other toys were used to represent me and my mother waiting in a car. for many years after I associated this toy with myself because what I took from this incident was that it looked like me.
around this time the adults got in a big commotion yelling with each other with anger being focused toward my father,and my father left.
he didn't return that xmas at all. I felt both angry and scared of him the whole time he was there. He tried to make me feel at ease but just something in me made me fear him.
looking back now I think he was leading into telling me about Nojack.
which suggests other adults in my family knew about it.
I didn't see him again for at least 2 or 3 years. saw his private plane fly over a couple times at different visits to my grandmas. He called on thanksgiving drunk a few times.
and eventually I saw him at one other xmas at grandmas.
he didn't talk much.
mostly drank and then left me with his new wife to take me home.
next time I heard from him was when he confessed to stealing that money and jumping out of the plane.
didn't see or hear from him again (except for occasional drunken thanksgiving calls) until 1980 or 81, when I spent a couple days at his farm for xmas, He had remarried with a stepson and I also now had a younger 1/2 brother.
during this visit I remember seeing a orange and white parachute canopy on a wall in one of his out buildings, also a military green pack.
he came home one of the nights drunk and made me shoot guns with him at his boot as he threw it in the air. we shot it full of holes and put one hole in his cowboy hat as well.
he walked around in the snow like it was nothing. his new wife didn't appreciate it. and I think they separated shortly after. it was also during this visit that I first noticed the Raleigh cigarette stamps he had bundled with rubber bands, I remember his wife smoked merits, and his police scanners and radios.
later around 1982,He asked my mother to help him fix 10 years worth of books, because he hadn't filed taxes and the irs was coming for him.
she broke in and stole the briefcase she claimed he used for Norjack, and ...

in early 1972 He moved out of MN as my parents marrige ended, to ND where there were barely any trees. all gifts after the few airplane related toys were boots sometimes a jacket to. even in my adult years, warm boots were of major importance to him.