47 47
quade

DB Cooper

"sewn shut" refers to the canopy doesn't it? at least thats what the guy who packed the chutes said on "in search of" that I watched on youtube this am.
anyone else have a better source for what they meant by "sewn shut"?

caretakeral says it's a stalemate between him and law enforcement?
how does that work? is he holding some kind of deterrent?
and if so what could that possibly be?
a nuke? el bomba? Dr shrinkers shrink ray?
get real man!
police do whatever they like! even sometimes on video, and if you were involved you would be convicted or if this really was some bizzare pointless black op. your name be "gitmo prisoner number..." long ago.

There was a very short mention when I picked up the paper in Feb of 1980 after the money find but nothing out of the ordinary other than he pinned his resignation the next day (unbeknown to me) and lef town in about 4 or 5 wks - my daughter was having her big birthday and her high school graduation. He leaves us alone in Ft. Collins Co, but did return briefly for her graduation and to load up a u-haul...to carry back with him to Mobile, AL.

Jo -- is this Duane? This is a sales opportunity ad in Mobile paper June of 1980 -- Looked like this person worked for a financial institution based out of Atlanta -- maybe trying to get students into college loans. Says to call Duane Weber if you're interested in this sales job.

Just saying...if this is him, doesn't seem like he was worried about advertising his name -- maybe he left Fort Collins cause he got a better job opportunity in sales. ??

Yes, that was him. That was an organization a friend of his set-up, BUT, that is NOT what he was doing when he left to go to AL from CO. He went to AL with his clothes and his car and promises of leads with a company he had worked for out of the past and one that history shows had JMWAVE connections in the 60's and a company that hired anyone.

The company in the ad you found was a program set up by a friend of Duane's in Atl. It never got off the ground in AL and was just money down the tubes. I am still friends with this man in Atl.

Duane left Ft. Collins in March - so for 2 or 3 months he was floundering around in the South trying to build himself a nest, when his friend decides to open an office there...it did not work out - so we ended up back in Atl and working for the same Company he had been working for in Ft. Collins, CO. This company is where he belonged - benefits, health insurance and a decent income.....he just had to recruit, hire and train people, but he did NOT want that kind of contact with people.

We had gone to the state of VA with a traveling sales mgmt contract, but after the 1st yr. they wanted an office opened and agents hired and trained.

Between the Regional SM and myself we convinced him he could do it when he was offered the DSM in VA. When he got drunk before making the decision - he said "I have to keep a LOW-profile because of my record".

Since I only knew about the 2 months he possibly spent in a county jail - from the 1978 nightmare about the aft-stairs, I encouraged him. I reminded him that he had been selling insurance in lots of places over the yrs and NO mention had ever been made of his past. He had made a mistake in his youth and it was behind him (so I thought). It was dead and gone. He accepted the position and we made LOTS of money until 1988. Thank heavens I am a penny pincher and our renewals were very healthy. He went on disabililty in 1988.

Hope this answer your question.
The ad was a good find - but, it did not change Duane's history or work background. The entire time he was trying to get this office off and running - he had to work leads with another non-competitve company to weasel out a living...why we ended up going back to our other company which by the way was domiciled in Seattle, WA.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Georger states:

obviously, something started all of this. Either
Duane was Cooper or it's something else. Can't
be both.

Exactly what I have been trying to say. If I can find the something else - that would help, but there are only few common threads thru out Duane's life.

1. He was NOT a reader of Books.

2. He did NOT like more than one contact with a client and little contact with his co-workers (why he always took the traveling positions). Why his policies where delivered by me or mailed.

3. He did NOT talk to me about Cooper and I wasn't interested in the subject.

4. The subject was mentioned 3 times (maybe 4) in 17 yrs and one of those was 11 days before he died. Any comment was extremely brief and in passing other than the time in the hospital when he told me "I'm Dan Cooooper"!

5. The trigger was the trip to WA. He became more focused and aware of things. He made concerted efforts to build a new image of himself, but the real building would not happen until he took the DSM position in VA.

6. His taking the position in VA seemed to be a pivitol point and this is when the book showed up about NorJack (one he could NOT let me read, because he was afraid I would piece it together with what happened in WA in 1979).

7. Another book which again I have no idea what happened to that showed a picture of some towers, logging, forestry workers and some men and truck (on similar, but not the same as the one Snowman produced about Camino, CA.) Same guys and same truck - but different photo.
More of the truck was exposed in the book. NO one has ever been able to find what book that came out of (I have researchers on this for yr. in CA and in the West in general).

P.S. on number 7.
By the way - the tower in the book is when Duane said "I help build that". This is the tower that Caretaker claimed I talked about in WA - so you can see how twisted he gets things - this was a major one for me. There was NO tower on the WA trip Duane claimed to have helped build.

8. Did going back to WA and either finding the money or getting rid of it - was that the trigger? Was he Cooper or did he know who was Cooper?

This man made something out of his life and tried to undo the wrong he could - but, what did that? He was definitely still on a self-destruct pattern in 1978, 1979 and 1980. Even in 1981 and 1982 - and a 1983 - he was nervous about exposure....of course, that would have been his extensive criminal background I was unaware of.

9. Why even when the shop opened was he so nervous about a man who came to the shop he learned was a private investigator? I would contact this man after I found out about Cooper and he told me he was NOT investigating Duane, but simply a collector of old phonograph players and old albums.

"How many of think the boots where enclosed in the X chute as Knoss has claimed?"

Like normal you don't read well. The dummy chute with the X was the good chute, sewn shut to be sure nobody tampered with it. If he took his boots aboard, they were probably in the bag or maybe the second rig.

:)I don't want to battle with you my friend and I do care about you, but you are NOT Consistent in the telling of your own story - so please leave me out of your stories - frankly they were before me and I am NOT part of your stories. Anything I know or was said to me or I have stated - is only known to me and/or second hand and/or from serious reseach by myself and many many others.
-----------------------------

What I saw and heard through 1968 was first-hand. After that date information was telephoned to me by Sgt. Richard Floyd McCoy, Jr., up through 2000+. I will not make any claims against the crew. This was an authorized exercise and not intended to be a criminal event. It is the court system that declared otherwise. It is a stalemate and for my part, will stay that way by mutual agreement. My intent is to inform without disrupting that balance.

:)------------------------------------

My documents are secure, like Jo's records, and in my mind carry far more credibility

:)
[:/]If they are dated - then they are more than history. As long as there are others alive as you have claimed - you have corroboration. If you are truely afraid - nothing can touch you anymore. If I had the documents you claim to have - they would be plastered all over every newspaper in the USA. You have already named individuals - I just do not see the subversion here...or secrets.
Maybe public exposure would allow some of the individuals you have mentioned to CLEAR the record...such as members of the Crew you have named as part of this "exercise" called Project Norjak - before there was ever a Norjak.
----------------------------

Profess 'til you are blue in the face, but keep a copy to double check the book to end all. I predict you will drop your jaws, blush with embarrassment and offer your apologies for not taking me seriously.

;)If indeed this is the case - congratulations, but my sources tell me your extensive interview was a bust. Does anyone believe a well know Journalist who has already stepped into Muddy Water in regards to Cooper - would be so careless as to not watch were he was treading if he is striving for vindication after having jumped the gun on the same subject before.

:|No one thinks you story is Funny just as they don't think my story is right. The difference here is your story involves actual participation in the planning. That is more than just a second hand story since you have admitted to being the record keeper many times...and you have named participants.

Al writes:

The dummy chute with the X was the good chute, sewn shut to be sure nobody tampered with it.

"good chute"???

Are you saying Cooper jumped with the chute from the X'd container? How? The X'd (dummy) container was a chest mount reserve. The military surplus bailout rig he chose to wear had no hardware for fastening a reserve. The Pioneer sport rig that did have D rings was left on the plane.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Sign up for a rudimentary comprehension course, or better yet, Dick, Jane and Spot, book one.:P

Al,

Why be so mean? You show a surprising lack of knowledge about parachute gear but I don't try to humiliate you, instead I just inform you. Why don't you try a similar approach?

This is a skydiving website not a government conspiracy website. If you are going to act superior I suggest that you first obtain an FAA Master Rigger ticket and a USPA PRO rating (I have neither).

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

This is a skydiving website not a government conspiracy website. If you are going to act superior I suggest that you first obtain an FAA Master Rigger ticket and a USPA PRO rating (I have neither).

Weird thing is, the PRO Rating I got didn't come with the ability to "Remote View" into the past, so I'm still stuck with just going based off what is actually in evidence.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Jamie wrote about Al:

and if you were involved you would be convicted

Nope. Statute of limitations has run on everyone but Cooper.

Al wasn't talking as far as I can tell until after the statute had run out.

So Jamie, today was the big day when some law enforement folks were going to visit you. What happened?

Are you sure it's all about DBC's briefcase and not about the unsolved Billy Vocks murder?

Jamie wrote about Al:

So Jamie, today was the big day when some law enforement folks were going to visit you. What happened?

Are you sure it's all about DBC's briefcase and not about the unsolved Billy Vocks murder?

the thing is both cases are connected. it sounds like we got the murder solved. they will contact me later about it, there a few others that still need to be questioned about it.

the DB Cooper case belongs to the FBI so that will be passed along to the right people and followed up later.

Al writes:

The dummy chute with the X was the good chute, sewn shut to be sure nobody tampered with it.

"good chute"???

Are you saying Cooper jumped with the chute from the X'd container? How? The X'd (dummy) container was a chest mount reserve. The military surplus bailout rig he chose to wear had no hardware for fastening a reserve. The Pioneer sport rig that did have D rings was left on the plane.

Al is talking about some other hijacking, planned,
but never executed - a hijack Duane wanted to
do (and thought out with Al), but never happened!
Jo is left holding the bag for something that never
left the thought stage but was alluded to times
many times by Duane?

Duane just never bothered to inform Al! Duane
did inform MAC. Like Jo, Al is trying to piece it
all together. It's a sequel to "LOST" (ABC).

Jamie wrote about Al:

the thing is both cases are connected. it sounds like we got the murder solved. they will contact me later about it, there a few others that still need to be questioned about it.

the DB Cooper case belongs to the FBI so that will be passed along to the right people and followed up later.

but did they find it?

has it been given to the FBI?

Good plan.....No you had better watch. Have a viewing party!!!

I think I looked like a dork on Unsolved Mysteries. Now looking back at myself from 14 years ago I wonder....WHAT THE HELL AM I WEARING?? and WHY DID I THINK THAT FLOWER IN MY HAIR LOOKS OK??

Live and learn...:S..the shit you do in your early 30's I guess.

Melvin Luther Wilson - Missing Person since September 1971:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QLnFvk8Fs

Good plan.....No you had better watch. Have a viewing party!!!

I think I looked like a dork on Unsolved Mysteries. Now looking back at myself from 14 years ago I wonder....WHAT THE HELL AM I WEARING?? and WHY DID I THINK THAT FLOWER IN MY HAIR LOOKS OK??

Live and learn...:S..the shit you do in your early 30's I guess.

oh jeez the flower looked fine and it was Hawaii that excuses it either way.

I have to see if I come off like a dork on national television. Don't think I did, but you never know.

We'll let you know. ;):)lol.......I'm sure you did a fine job. Got 7 minutes or so to get the popcorn ready....
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Best line so far from the show......Regarding NW airline labor / strikes in the 70s...."They called it cobra airlines - they'd strike at anything".
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Well that was pretty fuckin weak...

This thread is more entertaining...

And I say again...

Will the real Dan Cooper please stand up?

Agreed.

lol. tell us how you really feel. :)It was a little light on substance, I agree...definitely nothing to convince the skeptic in me...but I'm also a Abraham Lincoln fanatic and I had previously watched the Decoded show about John Wilkes Booth... so I wasn't expecting it to be much more than entertainment....so for that it was interesting.

And though George Clooney doesn't need to lose any sleep I think Blevins came across well on the big screen. :)
Also agreed - this thread is a lot more entertaining...lol...plus it's had a pretty long run in syndication:)

A few factual things of interest:

I have not held a job since 2007.
14 months ago, I lost my home to foreclosure.
Less than 1 month ago, I bought a new house and paid cash.
I kept several stacks of $100 bills in the attic above my bedroom.
There was a surge of unsolved bank robberies earlier in the year in my current hometown.
An old friend of mine from way back is currently in prison for robbing a bank about a year ago in SW WA.

Does any of this mean anything?

That whole show made me ROTFLMAO.