47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Robert,

I will start of as saying i respect what you are trying to do professionally. here is an excerpt from early on in this forum by on of the most respected skydivers ever to be under canopy.

"Ever been to a party crashed by people you wouldn’t entertain in your garden shed? You know the type. They walk through your house like they owned it, help themselves to what’s in the fridge, change the music to what they like, spill red wine and put out cigarettes on your carpets, treat your books and skydiving trophies like pieces of junk, leave wet rings on your lovingly-restored antique oak table, and miss the toilet bowl when they piss. And then, incredibly, are offended when you get irritated. Among that milieu is the sub-type who can talk for hours in a monotone about the many shades of metallic-flake paint, not noticing your eyes glazing over. When you move to a group of friends, he follows and butts in with the same topic, one so soporific that everyone mumbles politely and wanders off. When you survey the damage the next morning, you wish you hadn’t been quite so polite."

this is the vibe you are giving off pissing people off.

Well, since coming on here you have managed to directly piss of and talk down to numerous people just because they see somthing differently. I may not say a lot, but I have been on here since the old thread. Please lighten up, this is a discussion thread, not a piss people off thread.
As i said i respest your work and hope you, Jo,Sluggo, orGeorger solves this.
Be cival to each other, you may never know who can be an ally in the future from an enemy.

Sluggo, keep the site!

There is a difference in question somthing and "calling sombody out". and the way i see it you get off on "calling sombody out". Where i come from and was raised that is called being rude. As I said I have respect for your work. But I f you read I have called Jo, Georger, Sluggo and few others to the carpet for just being flat our rude sometimes. Hell I even went head to head with Hooper over the quote I just used. Util Cooper is caught your angle to me has no more merit than Jo's, and Jo's over GeorgeR's, and Georger's over Sluggo. because at the end of the Day it's all THEORY, NOBODY 100% KNOWS.

A story only possibly very tangentially related to Cooper and even then at a stretch, but one that I think some of you will enjoy reading so I am posting it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/nyregion/02dday.html?_r=1&fsrc=fbmain

Wow at the odds of those two meeting like that,... Awesome story. Thanks for sharing it.
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

There is a difference in question
somthing and "calling sombody out". and
the way i see it you get off on "calling sombody out". Where i come from and was raised that is called being rude. As I said I have respect for
your work. But I f you read I have called Jo, Georger, Sluggo and few others to the carpet for just being flat our rude sometimes. Hell I even went head to head with Hooper over the quote I just used. Util Cooper is caught your angle to me has no more merit than Jo's, and Jo's over GeorgeR's, and Georger's over Sluggo. because at the end of the Day it's all THEORY, NOBODY 100% KNOWS.

Well ... I really shouldnt say this but for
the good of the group- I will say people
are talking behind the scenes ... let's say 'energised' by Blevin's act or tactic or
whatever it is here ... perhaps designed
to piss people off so as to get someone
to reveal priveleged information? ... aint
gonna happen and in a way that is sad
... but, people are talking privately (about
a host of things) ... and I have it on pretty
good authority the FBI says Kenny is a
no-go and that is "conclusive", was the
word used. I think I trust the source. That's
good enough for me. I am also told Porteus
is well aware of this.

So it may very well be Mr. Blevins is out at
the end of the dive board all on his own.
Or he already knows all of this and is just
playing for time ... Height of board above
the dunk tank as yet undetermined and
Blevins may not even care... I tend to think
that is exactly the case.

I hope admission to this soap opera
is going to a good cause! Salvation Army
or something!

But, the FBI is not idle and to me that is the
best news I could hear.

I dont think my sources will mind my having said
this right now ...

Back to regular scheduled programming...

Well, Sluggo Monster's web site is lacking in many significant areas compared to the average 'information repository' in the land of the electron.

First and foremost is a store selling D B Cooper shirts, key chains and mugs. Sluggo is a poor merchandiser to say the least. Come on Sluggo, step up and bring your avocation to the next level. A little creativity will take you a long way. No patents or copyrights on the D B (Dan) Cooper brand, just a sweet, sweet, moniker which you can use from the 'Public Domain'.

Lament about the cost of keeping the site up and how much of your personal funds have been spent in order to fill the pages with transcripts, photos and other evidence. That's all the justification most need to add a button labeled 'Donate'. Add a picture of you holding a kitten, that always drives the point into America's sweet spot.

Hey, where's that 'Schedule' tab? Lectures, Fund Raisers and NASCAR events are only a few of the venues you have supplied with your adroitly selected, talks. Put up a calendar with most of the days already booked (wink, nod with knowing laugh) as yet another revenue stream. Go on to say that you have attended events from a few dozen to tens of thousands, the fact that you made no presentations is irrelevant.

What's behind Door Number 2? Come on Monty Monster, where is the exclusive, special, super happy, clap clap, singing elephant, triple secret, sphincter jazzing, D B Cooper double naught spy membership club? This is where, for a nominal fee, people can be awarded access to the most complete and potentially disturbing material associated with NORJAK. U. S. citizenship is required, due to the sensitive nature of this information. A confidential background check is required by the Boarder Patrol (wholly owned by Slug Oh!, Inc.) and completed by Slug Oh! Investigations ($29.95). Upon completion you will join a selective and secret, coven of experienced and dedicated investigators.

Guru, have you provided the FBI with DNA?

{insert emoticon for sweet innocent smile here}

:D

Very interesting article you found - was a real change of pace and nice intermission from what has been going on.

Guru always says - "I am not D.B. Cooper", but never says he is not "Dan Cooper".
:D;):)
Maybe it is all in the terminology!
Like someone else I don't know what the emotion com is for chuckes :)
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

So who did this brilliant satirical video collage?

DORKZONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV40OIFQmIw

I contact someone I thought might have done it, but instead he pulled it up and slowed it down and got his laugh for the day.

So if he didn't do it - there are only 2 others I would suspect. Snowmman and Sluggo. I even suspected Blevins having something to do with this because Christiansen is missing in the video...but, he is not witty enough to have thought that one up.

Our sometimes friend NickG has the capabilites to do this? NickG was it you?

The guy I called said it looked like something one might put out as a teaser for a movie or up coming program...and that just might be the group out of Canada. I did NOT catch the
DorkZone versus DropZone until the gentleman I called laughed about it. :o

:)See, I wasn't kidding when I said I have Blonde Roots Sydrome. (I don't get jokes unless they are pretty obvious). Also has caused me to be called Most Likely to Get Lost in a Crowd.:| but I just as well :Dabout it.

Been playing old old tapes last night and today - found some interesting stuff I had forgot about. In 1990 when Duane got arrested trying to renew the Drivers License for John Collins he was placed under 72 hours observation because he had just started the kidney machine and the Dr. and I used this to keep him out of jail.

Duane told me he wanted to go to CA to see his sister. When I called her she told me "NO" and repeated emphatically "NO" again.. She said she was AFRAID of him and did not want to be alone with him. Therefore we set up our travel trailer at the store so he could have some space and time to think things thru.

I had forgot about what she said and it would have been lost forever in my memory had I destroyed the recorded journal from 1990 (this is the 1st time I have ever listened to the tapes since I made them). I made this note. "What kind of secrets does this family have and why is his sister so AFRAID of her own brother that she does NOT want to be with him alone".

Too many unanswered questions about the past of Duane Weber and John Collins and whoever else he might have been! What did he do that alienated him from his whole family? Besides being a thief and a con?

Well, Sluggo Monster's web site is lacking in many significant areas compared to the average 'information repository' in the land of the electron.

First and foremost is a store selling D B Cooper shirts, key chains and mugs. Sluggo is a poor merchandiser to say the least. Come on Sluggo, step up and bring your avocation to the next level. A little creativity will take you a long way. No patents or copyrights on the D B (Dan) Cooper brand, just a sweet, sweet, moniker which you can use from the 'Public Domain'.

Lament about the cost of keeping the site up and how much of your personal funds have been spent in order to fill the pages with transcripts, photos and other evidence. That's all the justification most need to add a button labeled 'Donate'. Add a picture of you holding a kitten, that always drives the point into America's sweet spot.

Hey, where's that 'Schedule' tab? Lectures, Fund Raisers and NASCAR events are only a few of the venues you have supplied with your adroitly selected, talks. Put up a calendar with most of the days already booked (wink, nod with knowing laugh) as yet another revenue stream. Go on to say that you have attended events from a few dozen to tens of thousands, the fact that you made no presentations is irrelevant.

What's behind Door Number 2? Come on Monty Monster, where is the exclusive, special, super happy, clap clap, singing elephant, triple secret, sphincter jazzing, D B Cooper double naught spy membership club? This is where, for a nominal fee, people can be awarded access to the most complete and potentially disturbing material associated with NORJAK. U. S. citizenship is required, due to the sensitive nature of this information. A confidential background check is required by the Boarder Patrol (wholly owned by Slug Oh!, Inc.) and completed by Slug Oh! Investigations ($29.95). Upon completion you will join a selective and secret, coven of experienced and dedicated investigators.

great post! :)

Their web site http://www.forensic-services.nl/ explains

"Our Forensic DNA services include:

Evidence Examination:
Finding the evidence is the first and most crucial step in the whole DNA process. The forensic scientists of Independent Forensic Services have extensive experience in both trace recovery and generating forensic DNA-profiles from all biological traces, with a special expertise on the most difficult ones: skin epithelia cells. This experience, which is of great importance for the chance of obtaining a DNA profile, can be crucial in finding DNA which could be left by a perpetrator.
IFS uses all the modern equipment available to detect biological traces and have developed a unique system of special lenses and computer software to enhance the possibilities of trace recovery.

Evidence Sampling:
Sampling the biological material is the second crucial step. On several occasions it has been the expertise and method used by the scientists of IFS to sample a specific biological trace which generated the decisive DNA-profile. Flexibility and creativity in sampling are important characteristics in the way IFS handles the evidence sampling.

DNA Extraction:
When samples have been taken from pieces of evidence to perform a DNA analysis, the goal is to extract the DNA and separate the DNA molecules from other cellular materials and from pollutions present. Based on our experience and by closely following the latest techniques IFS is able to choose the optimal isolation technique for the material where the DNA must be isolated from.

DNA Quantification:
Before the amplification process, IFS quantifies the appropriate amounts of DNA needed for optimal DNA amplification. IFS uses Real Time RT-PCR techniques, which are able to detect as little as 2 picogram of DNA. The advantage is that no precious DNA isolate is wasted. There is less need to rerun samples for DNA amplification, which saves time and reduce costs. Due to quantification of the samples IFS is also able to distinguish samples containing no DNA, male DNA, female DNA or a mixture of male and female DNA. This enables IFS to increase the throughput of samples taken by trace recovery, make a pre-selection of samples and choose the appropriate amplification method.

DNA Amplification (PCR):
Subsequently to the DNA isolation and quantification, a method is used in which specific regions of DNA are multiplied. This is done by means of the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). During this process, the target DNA fragments are replicated over and over again using the enzyme DNA polymerase. In general, 28 of these multiplication steps are performed to yield many copies of the DNA fragments, resulting in the PCR product. In addition, IFS use the Low Copy Number (LCN) technique to increase the amount of PCR product when needed. IFS is able to amplify very low amounts of PCR up to 2 picogram successfully. By using commercially available validated kits, IFS effectively amplifies both autosomal and Y-chromosomal DNA from various samples.

DNA Analysis:
The length of the multiplied DNA fragments is established by means of capillary electrophoresis (CE). During the amplification steps, several colour labels are attached to the DNA fragments. Consequently, the length of the DNA fragments can be established precisely by separating the different PCR products in an electric field and capturing the data using a CCD camera. IFS uses of a very sensitive Genetic analyser which, has been proven to generate high quality profiles.

DNA Profiling:
For forensic applications, several amplification kits are available. Using these kits, several DNA loci can be investigated simultaneously. These loci can be found on both the autosomal chromosomes as well as on the gender chromosomes. The DNA kits frequently used by IFS are the Identifiler, Minifiler and Yfiler Amplification Kits from Applied Biosystems. Using these techniques, 16 locations (loci) on the DNA can be investigated simultaneously. If a full DNA profile is generated, it can be established with great certainty whether the cell material in a specific sample could or could not originate from a certain person.

DNA Profile Interpretation:
Experienced IFS personnel are trained to interpret results obtained from DNA profiling. Based on results obtained from complex high-profile cases, IFS has proven to effectively and thoroughly analyse profiles, including partial and mixed profiles. Furthermore, IFS is able to interpret these results in the context of the case with the information provided.

Wonder if there is any further and more viable/definitive DNA that could be extracted by this company from any items that the FBI has, such as the parachute supposedly left, the tie, etc.

Just curious.... Since many are skeptical of the DNA results that the FBI has in relation to DB items, I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to have these people go over any items left or touched by DB if the FBI was willing to let them have a go at it. Any thoughts by the "dorkzone" experts? ;):Dor is this totally off the wall? Putting it out there anyway...maybe someone will be interested. :S

:)

This company is well known in the USA and EU.
nice post -

The site above has other links as regards Peterson's philosphy on education, a timeline resume -- If half of his bio is true, he's had a life of adventure and travel ... makes for a fascinating subject even if not DB.

Funny thing is that Pete doesn't seem to lie about or spin his background. His early skydiving achievements have been confirmed as has his smoke jumper credentials. I have little doubt about his job claims. Seems to be a straight shooter. You rarely see a man with such impressive "tough guy" credentials be so left leaning, anti govt and such a pacifist.

Bruce, if you establish contact I'll buy Pete a jump. Probably have to be tandem given his age and that no DZ has round canopy rental gear. I don't think he has flown squares. I'll buy him some good Bourbon too, something from Jo's old hood in KY. Pete is one of the O.G.s of skydiving.

What would Peterson's motivation have been for doing a hyjacking? Had no need with ample
revenue earning potential in multiple directions -
just to smart for a common hyjacking ?

I think Snowman mentioned this before ...

What's behind Door Number 2? Come on Monty Monster ...

Will someone please get Marilyn von what's her name straightened out on this Monty Hall Problem? She repeated the same mistake on a similiar problem that appeared in her column last Sunday, September 26, in Parade Magazine.

Sheridan is not hard to find nor is he difficult to talk to. He has been nothing but cordial to me (by email) although he has put me in my place a couple of times. I have been wondering WHY he is doing DNA? Was this his choice or something the FBI required of him?

Sheridan has health problems just as we all do as we age...perhaps this forum suggesting he was Cooper has not a been his cup of tea. He is strong in his opinions and he has a right to do so. Don't discuss politics with him unless you want to be put in your place real quick.

If anyone manages to get an interview with him it will have to be a highly educated and unopinionated person who can discuss things on his level. All of you know he is quiet an accomplished writer. Do any of you guys know what he is working on?

Perhaps with encouragement from his daughter he has finished the book of all books and the DZ gave him the idea.
Now if his DNA includes him - the FBI can dump the Cooper search.

Some of you have had a sense that something was happening in WA. This could very well be it as the FBI wants to bury Cooper...what better way to do this than have someone confess and claim the DNA matches! For the right price even Sheridan can be had! He is facing the end stage of his life so think about this. Greed is a very strong motive and most of us strive to make sure we are not financially dependent on others. The economy has hurt most seniors out here on one level or another. Our retirment funds are down, our incomes are fixed and inflation has a lot of us worried we will out live our monies.

I do know there are "rumors" in CA about a Cooper movie and Sheridan lives in CA. A writer none of you have ever mentioned and unaware of also lives in CA and has been working on a Book about Cooper for yrs. His subject was not Sheridan, but since this person has now connected his subject to the same company Duane worked who knows just what the H--- is going on. Maybe Mr S and and SP have joined forces along with others involved over the yrs.

This might explain the collage of photos by DorkZone. Did anyone slow it down and check to see if you recognized all of the photos...isn't there one of Sheridan in there? Note that Christiansen was not included.

WA is sure cheerful right now regarding Cooper. Major players in the Cooper Story are suddenly very very quiet and their mood is elevated. Remember some individuals where tired of their lives being interrupted for the past 39 yrs and upset others seem to be making money off of Cooper. Maybe these individuals decided it was time to bring the Cooper Saga to an end by telling their own story...before anyone else gets their "books" or documentaries out there.

The FBI wants this to end and major players would like to see a little green come their way and to be compensated for their 39 yrs and the lost of their privacy.
With the new age of technology in the last 15 yrs - their lives have been rudely disrupted and not paid for interviews or to talk to people like us and anyone else who has "Cooper".

Don't be surprised if we all get a real Shock before the end of November. Now, that will REALLY upset Blevins more than anyone else in this forum.

Guru, have you provided the FBI with DNA?

{insert emoticon for sweet innocent smile here} :D

When Ckret began frequenting DZ.com we corresponded via PM for a while. I told him that if the Bureau wanted my DNA they'd have to send an exotic, young, female agent to get the sample because at age 69 not everything works as routinely as it did back then.

Oh, wait, a simple mouth swab would work...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

"... upset others seem to be making money off of Cooper.

I made money off of Cooper.

We had dozens of first time jumpers more a month, for many months, because of the buzz my advertisement created... and subsequent articles and interviews created.

My dropzone needed first time jumpers on a weekly basis. The money back then was in classes of college students who had no intention of making more than one brag-jump.

Most people want to put a check next to "parachute jump" on their bucket list and move on to the next item.

I would guess that a few hundred people believe that DB Cooper taught them to skydive in the boondocks of Southern New Jersey because of my advert.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Remember some individuals where tired of their lives being interupted for the past 38 yrs and upset others seem to be making money off of Cooper.

They needn't worry. Nobody makes any serious money off of Cooper. Not even Cooper himself.

And DZOs never made any serious money off of anything related to skydiving. The only thing saving them from abject poverty is tandems and that wasn't going on in 71.

My first jump cost $50 and that included 5 evenings of instruction. We are downright cruel to DZOs grinding them so hard on pricing. In my area licensed jumpers can go to 13,500 for a measly $17 in a million dollar turbine jumpship.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

if the Bureau wanted my DNA they'd have to send an exotic, young, female agent to get the sample

I think that's exactly what they did for Sheridan. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Several quick things:

Farflung,

If I wasn’t such a homophobe I would say; “I love you!” So, I’ll just say; “I like you a lot!”

Instead of that mamby-pamby “kitten photo”, I would tend toward the attached photo. (I think PETA is going to come after me now.)

Orange1,

I only listed the folks I consulted BEFORE starting the web-site. It wasn’t a list of those who I value here on DZ.com. Because I’m so totally heterosexual, I’ll say; “I love you!” (Just don’t let Sugar or your hubby know I said it!)

All,

I only wish I HAD created the DORKZONE collage! I hardly have enough time to do simple short post.

Georger is right, there is a lot of stuff going on out there… [high pitched, snooty John Stewart voice] … and somebody we all know is getting left behind!

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Smokin99 observed on DORKZONE:

"..... and Shirley McClain..."

Shirley MacLaine may appear to be a non sequitur in the D B Cooper case, which is EXACTLY what she wants you to think.

I fell for it myself by simply accepting the fact that some element of society found this person to be a celebrity. But why?

Once a mob connection was suggested with D B Cooper, that led naturally to the best known of mobsters - Frank Sinatra. The 'Chairman' as well as a member of the 'Rat Pack' which included Frank, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Peter Lawford and what's-his-name.

Here is where I fell for the first ruse. Of course what's-his-name, aka Joey Bishop, would be the one to hijack a plane. Tired of living in the long shadows of the four, cool members of the Rat Pack; he decided to change all of that. Then georger and 377 pointed out that Joey Bishop was performing at the Copa Room on the night of the hijacking. End of the line for this theory.

Until it was revealed that the Rat Pack had a women's auxiliary. That's right, uh huh, there were four members in total. Lauren Bacall, Angie Dickinson, Marilyn Monroe and Shirley MacLaine. What more proof does one need exactly?

What must it have been like for Shirley to be surrounded by and constantly reminded of the other members of the 'Female Rat Pack'? Hey Shirley, have you seen Angie around? Shirley would you do me a huge, ring a ding ding, favor and pick up a box of roses? I want to give them to Lauren and Marilyn, later tonight, in my room, thanks, your a sweet kid.

Soooo, the mantle of what's-his-name is passed to what's-her-name. Read the ticket agent's description. Read it. Swarthy skin tone, thin androgynous lips, dead empty eyes and "unremarkable". Name another person on the planet that would have more access to make-up, wigs, wardrobes and props than a forgotten member of the 'Female Rat Pack', on Thanksgiving eve? You simply cannot.

Shirley MacLaine, not so far out there now, is it? We mock, what we don't understand.