47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Sluggo.

I'm still not understanding.

I thought Duane was imprisoned as John Collins. (at least the commutation that released him was John Collins. Don't know about the other times).

Are you saying the felony conviction was on John Collins or on Duane Weber?

Obviously they never connected Duane Weber with John Collins as an aka.

If they picked up Duane Weber and he had a weapon, why would alarms go off?

What year are we talking about also? I'm wondering about how tied together all the records were.

It sounds like you're saying they should have been able to tell Duane Weber had been convicted of a felony. What tells us they should have been able to tell that?

I'm still not clear on when this gun thing happened anyhow.

Seems like a house of cards is trying to be built based on something. But it's not clear what any of it is.
I think you're saying:
-Duane was stopped by police
-They should have been able to tell at that time he was a convicted felon.
-He had a weapon.
-He was not charged with anything, therefore that means something nefarious about his background.

Is that it?

Cousin Brucie asked:

Cousin Brucie?

I haven't been called that in forty years! Am I talking with paisanos here, from NY-NJ circa 1960s and WABC?

Me - I'm from Long Island, graduated Chaminade HS in 1967, same as Bill O'Reilly, my erstwhile fellow journalist.

You guys?

BTW: I didn't go to Woodstock - I was pretty uptight around big crowds back then. Went instead to the NY State Theater in the Flushing World Fair Grounds for a free concert that featured many of the folks coming back from Woodstock, like the Incredible String Band.

Jo,

Radio reception of VHF VOR frequencies inside a metal airplane fuselage are very impaired. That is why airliners have antennas mounted outside. I doubt if Cooper was doing any radio work in the head. The reception would be very poor.

I can't respond to all your guesses about frequencies, gadgets, CB etc. All I can tell you is that the idea of Cooper having some homemade device that could give him an indication of proximity to a VOR is VERY far fetched. Not worth further consideration in my opinion.

Agreed, and if Cooper was "smart enough" to be looking for a VOR site, specifically BTG, then he wouldn't need any device other than something to keep the time.

You probably already know my response.

Regardless of my relationship with Jo right now, the information (records) I have was given to me in confidence and I made a verbal non-disclosure agreement with Jo. As is typical of Deep South Southerners (yes the upper-case letters belong there), my honor is my most valued possession. I will keep my word, until such time I am released from the agreement.

Thought I might catch you in a weak moment Sluggo, but your honor never sleeps. I have tried to get Jo to give you a free pass on airing Duane's records but no go. I will only know Duane through what Jo chooses to say.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

... Jack Cofelt was DB Cooper. The article was written by Jack Sheehan (not Byron Brown!).

In 2008 Jack Sheehan wrote a short recapitulation
of his earlier Las Vegan Magazine article about Brown, which I will attach below in complete form.

I am doing this as a public service. Why Im doing it
is totally beyond me!

Thanks, G. I appreciate this link. All I knew prior of Coffelt was whatever was in H's book.

I'd love to read the articles if you have a link to them. I couldn't find them via Google, and I've got an email into Jack Sheehan, but no word so far.

Galen Cook made this 8mm film of Gossett in 1973 available at Coast to Coast last year. We never really discussed it, just the photos.

I love it. Has the the "Magruder film" quality that every good '70s conspiracy needs. Gossett is kind of fat in 1973. White belt is funny.

Cook is apparently saying that Gosset could read and write French, since the comic book action went into play.

(windows media player wmv file)

http://mfile.akamai.com/5022/wmv/coast.download.akamai.com/5022/video/032908_db_cooper_suspect_1973.asx

The DBC thread will never die.

I have exchanged a few emails with Cook and despite his odd choices of media (Coast to Coast AM) and that Depoe Bay rag, I find him to be quite far from the Art Bell type kooks in his personal outlook. He is a smart guy. He thinks Gossett is the man. The Dan Cooper comic is a far out speculative connection to DBC, but who knows, it could have inspired the assumed name. I am not sure who first surfaced the Dan Cooper comics.

What rules Gossett out? He jumped, he was army special ops trained, had money problems, looks more like the sketch than other suspects, apparently spent time in France and spoke French, had Ft Lewis connections, etc. He has some good credentials to be a possible Cooper. Ckret ignores Gossett, but based on what? Prints? DNA? Alibi? Witnesses?

A frequent poster here has a good suspect with perhaps even more Cooper matches than Gossett, but Ckret ignores that too. Ckret must know something that he is not sharing that allows him to summarily dismiss otherwise qualified suspects. Could it be that the FBI has a very good idea who Cooper is/was but lacks unequivocal evidence and is seeking it through the forum? That would explain why Ckret doesn't pursue person leads nearly as much as physical evidence leads. Am I off base in this speculation?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

No bedrock truth type of calibration Cousin Brucie, just checking what kind of Kool Aid you drink.

I am an avid reader of all that WTC, UFO and JFK conspiracy/coverup stuff, but I believe the simple explanations. Two planes, one assassin and no alien visitors. I REALLY want the impossibly weird to be true, but all that damned thermodynamics and physics stuff keeps getting between me and belief...

No Kool Aid, Three-Seven-Seven. Newman's Limeade. Though, I apply some Tequila when funds allow.

My instincts and intellect tell me all the suspected conspiracies that you list are true. But, since I can't prove any, I just put them on a back burner - hold them in abeyance - while I muse the official reports....and check my rear-view mirror.

I generally don't bother myself with the Big Conspiracies as my life is full just dealing with the local ones, like a double-homicide just down the road from me that still stinks to high-heaven, but my editors pulled me off it because the cops started playing rough. Remember, I stumbled into this Cooper thing by covering an air show last August, and after listening to Ron Forman for a few hours I had two pages of red flags on the FBI's investigation of Danny Boy.

So, after reading a couple of books, talking to a couple of feds, I'm now hanging out with guys who like to step out of planes while in flight and don't seem to have any more of a social life than I do.

Galen Cook made this 8mm film of Gossett in 1973 available at Coast to Coast last year. We never really discussed it, just the photos.

I love it. Has the the "Magruder film" quality that every good '70s conspiracy needs. Gossett is kind of fat in 1973. White belt is funny.

Cook is apparently saying that Gosset could read and write French, since the comic book action went into play.

http://mfile.akamai.com/5022/wmv/coast.download.akamai.com/5022/video/032908_db_cooper_suspect_1973.asx

I have exchanged a few emails with Cook and despite his odd choices of media (Coast to Coast AM) and that Depoe Bay rag, I find him to be quite far from the Art Bell type kooks in his personal outlook. He is a smart guy. He thinks Gossett is the man. The Dan Cooper comic is a far out speculative connection to DBC, but who knows, it could have inspired the assumed name. I am not sure who first surfaced the Dan Cooper comics.

What rules Gossett out? He jumped, he was army special ops trained, had money problems, looks more like the sketch than other suspects, apparently spent time in France and spoke French, had Ft Lewis connections, etc. He has some good credentials to be a possible Cooper. Ckret ignores Gossett, but based on what? Prints? DNA? Alibi? Witnesses?

A frequent poster here has a good suspect with perhaps even more Cooper matches than Gossett, but Ckret ignores that too. Ckret must know something that he is not sharing that allows him to summarily dismiss otherwise qualified suspects. Could it be that the FBI has a very good idea who Cooper is/was but lacks unequivocal evidence and is seeking it through the forum? That would explain why Ckret doesn't pursue person leads nearly as much as physical evidence leads. Am I off base in this speculation?

You're right on the money, Three-Seven-Seven. I read these dynamics exactly as you do.

By the way, Galen Cook has been wonderfully responsive to my outreach to him. Quite chatty at times, and helpful with phone numbers, etc. I feel blessed by his encouragement.

Could it be that the FBI has a very good idea who Cooper is/was but lacks unequivocal evidence and is seeking it through the forum? That would explain why Ckret doesn't pursue person leads nearly as much as physical evidence leads. Am I off base in this speculation?

It certainly would seem to make some sense if this were the case. That being said, I don't get that impression at all. If it were something along these lines I think Ckret would have been giving more focus and direction to the way the discussion was going.

... Jack Cofelt was DB Cooper. The article was written by Jack Sheehan (not Byron Brown!).

of his earlier Las Vegan Magazine article about Brown, which I will attach below in complete form.

is totally beyond me!

Thanks, G. I appreciate this link. All I knew prior of Coffelt was whatever was in H's book.

I'd love to read the articles if you have a link to them. I couldn't find them via Google, and I've got an email into Jack Sheehan, but no word so far.

I've posted on Coffelt with some jpgs of articles. search for "coffelt" posted by snowmman, here.

You'll like the reference in the recent abe lincoln book by the Inside Edition guy.

Also, there's a quote from Himmelsbach about the wind "blowing like Billy Hell" that's worth something.

You're right on the money, Three-Seven-Seven. I read these dynamics exactly as you do.

By the way, Galen Cook has been wonderfully responsive to my outreach to him. Quite chatty at times, and helpful with phone numbers, etc. I feel blessed by his encouragement.

The most important thing about D.B. Cooper.
Even though it's 37 years and we know everyone was just working with rocks, paper and scissors back then:

THE FBI INVESTIGATION MUST NOT BE CRITICIZED.
and
ALL INFORMATION HAS BEEN RELEASED
and
WELL, EXCEPT FOR THE STUFF WE DON"T WANT TO RELEASE
and
WELL, MAYBE COOPER DIDN"T JUMP IN THE DEEP WOODS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER.
and
WE KNOW HE'S DEAD, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE MIGHT HAVE JUMPED.
and
SINCE HE'S DEAD (see previous) THE MONEY MUST HAVE FLOATED THERE.
and
ANYONE POSTING TO AN INTERNET FORUM IS AN IDIOT AND JUST GETTING IN THE WAY OF GETTING THE JOB DONE ALTHOUGH ITS UNCLEAR WHAT THE JOB DONE GOAL IS
and
CITIZEN SLEUTHS ARE WORKING THE CASE.
and
ITS CHAOS WHEN YOU JUMP OUT OF A JET
and
COOPER WAS AN IDIOT

(edit) forgot some more
and
THERE IS NO INVESTIGATION, THE INVESTIGATION WAS COMPLETED
and
SEND IN YOUR TIPS VIA EMAIL TO FBI.GOV
and
IN 3 MONTHS THERE WILL BE NEW DETAILS ON TV

is totally beyond me!

I've posted on Coffelt with some jpgs of articles. search for "coffelt" posted by snowmman, here.

Snowmman I have no idea what story they are talking about by Sheehan. The article I am talking about was written by Byron H. Brown son of James Brown and published in the Vegan Magazine in Oct and Nov of 1983.
A total of 21 pages of print and pictures in two segments..

Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

377 said:

I paid attention when Sluggo said Duane was not just a petty criminal. I always thought he was but I could be wrong. I ONLY know what Jo posts about him.

How about some more info on that Sluggo? What makes you say what you did about him? I am sure there is a basis for your conclusions. Care to share it?

You probably already know my response.

Is this a Duane Weber/Jo Weber forum or a
Cooper forum, or both?

Make up your mind or get off the pot.

:| Jo your PM was not right if you want to continue to hide your feelings and humiliate ,threaten me please do so in public. Do not threaten or humiliate me in any other way. other than public.One last thing Jo Please correct your story about 2001. Out of respect I'm not like Jerry I will ask before I react. Shelly

Folks she asked for this- below is the ONLY pm I sent her and I am sure the moderator can attest to this. Does anyone think this PM is threatening or humiliating?

JerryThomas

Date Sent:
Mar 22, 2009, 1:38 AM
I have tried to be nice I don't understand why you would make the comments you made - it makes no difference what name I use. I loved my last husband very much and that is a cruel thing to say.

As for Duane's family I do not publicize the trauma suffered by others - and the lives he destroyed. I will not disclose the things he did in the past that caused suffering to those you seem to have so much concern for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright©2008 by Jo Weber

Snowmman I have no idea what story they are talking about by Sheehan. The article I am talking about was written by Byron H. Brown son of James Brown and published in the Vegan Magazine in Oct and Nov of 1983.

This is exactly what Iam talking about. You dont even know the history of this. You hear somebody
say "cat" and you call everybody you know saying:

"Cats are taking over the world".

You are an IDIOT!

[Reply]

Jo said you already knew it all, had the links etc.
Re-read her post which evidently was just another
lie.

Im not going to post further on this because anything I say will just be fodder for Weber and she
will twist and misconstrue it all, and God only knows
where that would lead.

It's not worth the trouble -

The Browns had no major outlet until they contacted Sheehan and Sheehan presented their story.

Jo doesnt even know who Sheehan is!

This is exactly what Iam talking about. You dont even know the history of this. You hear somebody
say "cat" and you call everybody you know saying:

"Cats are taking over the world".

You are an IDIOT!

Georger
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.
Jo is correct. Why is she an idiot?

Byron Brown was the son.
James Brown was his father, who supposedly got the story from Coffelt.
James Sheehan was the writer for the Las Vegan who wrote the story and toured around with Byron Brown at the time when Bryon Brown was telling it. (1983)

The story was written after James Coffelt died. At 59 in 1975.

press blitz was 11/23/83

Note the Coffelt story was that the back rig was faulty, and he "grabbed" for the chest rig. Implying he opened the chest rig? But that's not correct. (see attached)

are you mixing stories? I thought the gun was found during the '76 or '80 DUI, and that Jo was a passenger in the car for one of those. I guess I don't know if a gun was additionally found during the DMV event or what. We've never had a good summary of the Duane LE interactions while Jo was married to him.

I will remind Sluggo that whatever I shared with him he is private and will remain private. I thought he was being my friend. I did very much appreciate all of the maps he went to so much trouble to acquire for me.

I will set some records straight.

Duane use various alias: the the arrest below are under Duane L. Weber.

In 1975 or there about when Duane was MARRIED to someone else - he was stopped in Jacksonville, Florida (I think Carr posted the charges on the forum).

I believe it was a DUI and he had a gun in his possession. I questioned the FBI - how a convicted Felon could have possession of a gun and have not gone to jail.

The only incident I had knowledge of that involved a gun was in 1990 when he was attempting to obtain the John C. Collins drivers license and was followed by the Highway Patrol to the next county. He did somehow manage to obtain that drivers license in the next county.

Since he was using false Identification in an attempt to
obtain a drivers license in the name of John Collins - that is a felony in the State of Florida. He was arrested - and at that time he had a brand new 38 with split bullets in it...he intended to go after someone for some reason. He had just gone on diaylsis and I contacted the Dr. who was counseling him regarding the diaylsis and he intervened - making sure that Duane WAS not arrested, but was put under observation for 72 hour in a local facility - I did not not like the facility they where taking him to and managed with the Dr.s help to have him transferred to the best facility in the area with the same hospital who was doing the dialysis.

Duane L. Weber had a record that included serveral prisons and county jails - the Jefferson Mo prison was under John Collins.

As all of you can see so much of what I have told and said gets turned and misinterperted by those to whom I am telling the story or who are viewing my research and documents.

Other individuals (there have been many) use the information I have provided to fit their own use or purpose.

Attention Sluggo: Use some logic here - if Duane was involved in a "search" for Cooper - why didn't he just tell me and his friend that over the yrs. Have you interviewed his employers and friends and asked them? Of course not.

:)If Duane had participated in anyway with the search at any time after the crime, this is something he would have BRAGGED about - not kept secret.

:)Folks - everything (one PM) I said to Shelly is now on the forum and not one word was an attack. I was asking her be a little more considerate. If anyone is owed an apology - I am. Not one time was she threatened by me and the posts speak for themselves.

I got very upset tonight reading all of the positively negative posts. I know that I do not come across very well and yes I am bias because I cannot take away what I held in my hands and saw with my own eyes.

Duane died on March 28th 1995 and March 27 was our anniversary.

For the information of those who want me to make my life an open book:

I did not use my married name out of respect for my recently deceased spouse - that would have cause unnecessary stress in our relationships. We had a mutual agreement to do this - I did not want him to have to compete with Cooper - Before I married him my phone would ring in the wee hours of the morning because someone wanted to talk to me about Cooper.

He knew I was working on the research and he supported what I was doing as long as it did not interfer with our relationship. By the way I did NOT tell him what I was involved in until 9 months after I met him when I was asked to go to WA for a TV program.

:)I expect those who are privey to private information to keep it private. My life has been an open book in my search for the truth...at least respect that and know that I have tried to tell you guys and others what I knew and what I know.

I will say as I said on the Columbia that norning in Wa in 2001. Talking to God and to Duane if he could hear me "I have done all I can do - now it is up to you guys" That morning a miracle happened - and the Angel Udell directed me to the places I had been told did not exist by Jerry Thomas.

[:/]:(There are no more Angels out there - and no more Miracles.
It's all up to me now ... and I don't know where to go - staying here is not a choice. My PM is my real email address so you can contact me there should anyone have something they wish to share with me. I don't know if I can post my email address here or not - Sluggo and 377 have it and if anyone wants it they can give it out.

There are some of you I would like to keep in contact with.

Byron Brown was the son.
James Sheehan was the writer for the Las Vegan who wrote the story and toured around with Byron Brown at the time when Bryon Brown was telling it. (1983)

Snowman:
I cannot find this Sheehan mentioned in the article except in the introduction. It is written in first person by Byron H. Brown. The introduction only is by. JES. The story begins with the report, the crime and the revelation. In the November issue it say "I went" - "I discovered" - "I noticed" - "In 1974 as my father and I" - "I travelled"," and finally "When I finally found her in July of 1977, the pretty, half Filipino stewardess, who was then working for Frontier Airlines in Denver took one look at my photographs of Jack coffelt, her mouth dropped open, and she gasped, "Oh my god! Where did you get those? I never thought I would see that face again! It's him!""

All of this except the introduction with a copyright by Byron H. Brown.

Note Florence identified Christiansen also - I don't believe if multiple pictures (never used before) of all the suspects where put in front of her that she could ID Cooper. Too many yrs and too many suspects.

The memory gets clogged with all of this - it is not her fault.

Georger
I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.
Jo is correct. Why is she an idiot?

Byron Brown was the son.

press blitz was 11/23/83

Note the Coffelt story was that the back rig was faulty, and he "grabbed" for the chest rig. Implying he opened the chest rig? But that's not correct. (see attached)

Snowmman:

well I guess Sheehan was only the EDITOR of the articles apparently written by Byron Brown, as Sheehan himself describes paring Brown's words down to manageable size, in the article I posted.

Jo is never clear about anything, except to make her threats against people.

Has Jo ever considered her threats on the Internet
can be reported to the Authorities, as well as any threats she has issued via email ?

As Jo's caretaker maybe you need to advise her of
that before she gets herself and you into hot water.

My recommendation is that people just forget about
Jo Weber, which is exactly where (and part of why)
I came into this Forum in the first place.

Since I am wrapping things up in a nice little package tonight - Georger - explain that statement to everyone above.

WHY would you come here because of Jo Weber? WHY did you come here to this forum to tell people to forget about Jo Weber?Has your rage revealed something to everyone with the above statement? WHAT are You afraid of ? Why do I upset you - unless you know something about this case no one else does? WHY would you come here to make people forget about Jo Weber or the story she was trying to tell.

Remember I am taking statements you have made. Why when I mentioned Tina and the book did you get so riled? What have I jeopardized in your life unless you have a direct connection or knowledge of this crime or Weber, you want to keep hidden.

Why am I the agenda or your purpose in being here? To whom do I pose a threat?

If you have an interest in the "Smorgasbord" - and a good reason I shouldn't take what I have public now is the time to talk to me. I am not without conscience or compassion - I have sought only the truth.

I am sure you will come back with Hogwash or Garbage - are you sure you want to do that? Did you enjoy your outing?

My recommendation is that people just forget about
Jo Weber, which is exactly where (and part of why)
I came into this Forum in the first place.

Since I am wrapping things up in a nice little package tonight - Georger - explain that statement to everyone above.

WHY would you come here because of Jo Weber? WHY did you come here to this forum to tell people to forget about Jo Weber?Has your rage revealed something to everyone with the above statement? WHAT are You afraid of ? Why do I upset you - unless you know something about this case no one else does? WHY would you come here to make people forget about Jo Weber or the story she was trying to tell.

Remember I am taking statements you have made. Why when I mentioned Tina and the book did you get so riled? What have I jeopardized in your life unless you have a direct connection or knowledge of this crime or Weber, you want to keep hidden.

Why am I the agenda or your purpose in being here? To whom do I pose a threat?

If you have an interest in the "Smorgasbord" - and a good reason I shouldn't take what I have public now is the time to talk to me. I am not without conscience or compassion - I have sought only the truth.

I am sure you will come back with Hogwash or Garbage - are you sure you want to do that? Did you enjoy your outing?

Sure, I will be glad to explain.

When I joined this forum you had been dominating
everything in addition to quarreling with people and making wild accusations against the FBI and others.
Prior to Ckret arriving you were commanding the
center of attention, but then Ckret arrived and I
thought you would at least grant him the space to speak freely, but you didn't.

The FBI had already dismissed your Duane Weber
years before, so in my mind Duane Weber and you
were not even viable topics!

I thought we would be able to discuss DB Cooper here
unopposed, especially with Ckret here. I thought you
would back off or wind down (or something) to allow
free expression here, but you did not and you still have not, and I doubt you ever will .

I tried to ignore you completely. After a very short
time you began challenging "the new person" and questioning my credentials "to speak at all" ! You
showed your true colors right there. I hadnt said one word to you or about you. I had not even wanted to
engage you in any respect or manner at all, but you
challenged ME openly, and you challenged "the new
person" even being here.... as if you own this forum!

I should have told you to FUCK OFF! right there. I
did not do that out of respect for Ckret trying to keep
some civility here in this forum.

I simply was looking for a place to discuss DB Cooper,
and you made that impossible.

I simply was looking for a chance to discuss DB Cooper
with an FBI agent in charge of the case, but you would
not even allow Sp Agent Larry Carr the freedom to talk, without hurling accusations and allegations at him and the FBI, and on and on and on and on.

That's my explanation.

Now what's your explanation?

Jo Said:

AND

None of you will have to listen to my ramblings anymore

Ahhhh! Now my work is done.

Sluggo takes a "deep bow".

See 377, that’s how you do it.

snowmman,
Thanks, you played you hand straight as an arrow, just as I hoped you would. See what we can accomplish when we work together.

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Jo Said:

AND

None of you will have to listen to my ramblings anymore

Ahhhh! Now my work is done.

Sluggo takes a "deep bow".

See 377, that’s how you do it.

snowmman,
Thanks, you played you hand straight as an arrow, just as I hoped you would. See what we can accomplish when we work together.

whatever all of that means. The naive observer
might comment as Ckret did once before:
"WTF"! And I could add: "I think you're all
crazy".

Good luck.

Ckret must know something that he is not sharing that allows him to summarily dismiss otherwise qualified suspects. Could it be that the FBI has a very good idea who Cooper is/was but lacks unequivocal evidence and is seeking it through the forum? That would explain why Ckret doesn't pursue person leads nearly as much as physical evidence leads. Am I off base in this speculation?

Enticing thought, but I tend to agree Ckret would surely have focussed the investigation more - or did he, in ways in which we were unaware?

btw As interesting as all the stuff about John Collins may be, it really doesn't have much bearing in this thread, which is about DB Cooper.

I saw a quote that we would not have to listen to ramblings anymore, unfortunately that has become the girl who cried wolf. But while a certain person is posting her PMs to people, perhaps she would care to post the ones that show how two-faced she is - the ones that are nice to someone she thinks may be able to help her, then denigrating that same person in a missive to someone else.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.