47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Georger states:

Jo went to Portland in 2001, five day trip, for a filming
of her story. The filming was done in Portland? Jo had made several prior trips to Washington,

Jo says:
:)===================

Georger states

Jo contacted the Thomas' in order to get help finding the right places,

:)The fiming Company tried to locate him at that time.
====================

Georger states:

Included in these places is a power line and logging
road Jo says Duane walked out of after landing. Precisely where these are I do not know. However, Tom Kaye also asked me (if I knew where thesewere?) after Tom read Jo's story. I do not know if
Tom has been able to identify this power line and logging road, the shed, all contained in Jo's story.

:)=====================

Georger states:

Presumably Jerry Thomas could make no sense of the places Jo was asking about.

Jo Says:
:)======================

Georger states:

(Angle Udell) walks up and asks if she can help. Angel Udell takes Jo in her truck

Jo Says:

:)For the umpteenth time:
I NEVER WENT anywhere with Udell.It was a friend and her sister and sister-in-law and an undercover narco detective in his off time. The river lady was with us for a short time.
====================

FOLKS at no time did I say I got in a truck with the "Angel Udell".
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo means ground penetrating radar I think, which is a VERY useful investigative tool for finding buried stuff provided that it is a good RF reflector. GPR was used to find those WW2 airplanes buried under HUNDREDS of feet of ice in Greenland. Isn't so great at finding objects which have a density close to the earth that surrounds them. It isnt really about metal vs non metal, it's about density differences.

Shelly's dispute of Jo's claims seems to have been a huge relief to Georger. I am happy he appears to have decided to stay here and just view Jo as a discredited nusisance in his eyes rather than a nemisis.

Didn't Jo say that Duane mentioned following RR tracks out of the area? Sluggo recalls I am sure. Surely they would be something that would show on some maps or aerial photos of that vintage.

I think there has to be some gear out there, at least the metal parts, whether Cooper went in or survived. No way would he walk out carrying all his chute gear, makes no sense. Buried nylon might survive. Some of the metal stuff would survive to this day no matter where it ended up.

Hey Georger, if you run into Brad Pitt, my 16 year old daughter wants an autograph. She says you can "like totally skip" Tom C.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

PS Georger: They used ground detecting radar in the backyard and dug Symba up that same month. I have sold the house and no longer live in the area.

I dont have the faintest idea what you're talking
about.

Symba was the name of our dog who died in Oct of 1994. Duane buried him in the backyard and since the items I had seen where no place to be found it was presumed he may have buried them with the dog. Duane spent a lot of time alone in the garage with the dog prior to his being buried and took a medicine bottle with something in it to the garage with him. I thought it was the papers on the dog - but they were in the safe. A filming crew dug him up but we found no bottle - the smell was so bad that no one wanted to pull his tissues apart to see if he had something tucked inside. It was totally morbid.

I could not afford to hire someone to check the body out for anything that might have been with him. We only noted that there was nothing - in the box or around the dig site. We turned the body over but did not explore futher.

That is the Uccckky thing I was talking about.

We all so had one of those statue banks about 12 inches tall that looked just like Symba. That is were I found a 20 dollar bill right after Duane died. I noted it was an old bill and I spent it. At that time I attached no significance to this bill - I would later find out who Dan Cooper was.... and will forever wish I had kept it. There was something written on it - but that never registered in my memory and I refuse to make something up just to appease others.

Shelleys statements except for the FBI's claim Duane was with family have already been handled.

A phone call today and several emails made up for all of the grief - that was inflicked on me last night and this morning. I can't talk about it right now - but, more and more light is being put on Duane Weber and his association with other individuals during the yrs before the jump, but verification is needed at this time.

Wasn't Jerry a Vietnam veteran?

Symba was the name of our dog who died in Oct of 1994. Duane buried him in the backyard and since the items I had seen where no place to be found it was presumed he may have buried them with the dog. Duane spent a lot of time alone in the garage with the dog prior to his being buried and took a medicine bottle with something in it to the garage with him. I thought it was the papers on the dog - but they were in the safe. A filming crew dug him up but we found no bottle - the smell was so bad that no one wanted to pull his tissues apart to see if he had something tucked inside. It was totally morbid.

We all so had one of those statue banks about 12 inches tall that looked just like Symba. That is were I found a 20 dollar bill right after Duane died. I noted it was an old bill and I spent it.

At that time I attached no significance to this bill - I would later find out who Dan Cooper was.... and will forever wish I had kept it. There was something written on it - but that never registered in my memory and I refuse to make something up just to appease others.

wow. Just when I thought the plot line couldn't get any stranger, it does. This definitely has to be in the movie. Hopefully the dog was dug up in the middle of the night, with rain dripping off the crushed, wide-brimmed felt hats of the diggers.

We asked a couple times about Symba. Sluggo even gave some guesses about a bank name. I never would have guessed it was a piggy bank, I mean a dog bank that looked like your old dog.

Jo: I don't have any good advice economy-wise. It's not a question of trying to figure out how to be an individual survivalist though...I would encourage you to go do some volunteer work.
Maybe at the local SPCA?
Me: I've been reading up on planting potatoes. Didn't realize they could be a spring crop. And in the deflationary spiral we're in, gear is getting cheap. I just got a 320GB hard drive for $50. Over 1TB of storage at snowmman's all told. Amazing.

B|I would later find out who DB Cooper realy was.Im not going to make up stories just to apease people. Did you say this Jo? Why not Jo thats what you have done all along.Why didn't you stick to the original story you told Jerry.you know the one about you and Duane driving up I5 and driving across the cowltz river and him pointing and saying thats where DB Cooper buried the money.Did you also forget what you said duane told you just before he died.You said he wispered to you that he knew who DB Cooper Realy was but didn't say any thing else about it.These are your own words.What about Duanes medical condition that he had most of his life.This alone would have killed him if he had made that jump.What about what his best friend said did you forget that also.Now you know that when you were in washington that you told the TV producers that you did not want Jerry to be Involved.Jerry made himself available for them if he was needed.Ralph knew how to contact him and so did you.Now Duane's band the one he played in at the tavern you did give Jerry those names. we knew at the time they were just names you had heard and decided to use for a new story you were making up. Stories thats a good topic. Lets RECAP 1. the cowltz river 2.The power lines 3. the accomplice with the red truck.4the 20 dollar bill 5.Hiding in a cabin then stealing a boat to cross Lacamas lake then crossing the RR tracks then Hwy 14 down to the columbia river and burrying the money.6.burying the money under a radio tower on top of BoBs Mnt. These are just a few. Jerry even though he knew they were just stories checked all of them out.Jo Jerry actually tried to prove duane was cooper for you.All you did was to to continue making up stories.Jerrys kept a record of all of these things along with the recorded telphone conversations which you new about he told you that he did that for you in case he found something, so you could use it in the book you were going to write. Jo why didn't you ever take a polygraph test. why don't you just except the DNA test results.If you wish to continue to call me a lier and say Jerry didn't do anything to help you I will continue to add more information on you and the stories you have told us.You promised that if nothing was found in your dogs grave you would put all this behind you, Its time Jo Now one of the questions asked is has Jerry tried to use a metal detector. Yes he did but the rock in this area is full of Iron and you get a lot of false readings. Im going to take a small break and review some of the questions If I don't Know the answer I'll try to convence my husband to give me the answer.He doesn't like computers much and doesn't type to well. Shelly

I may be missing something basic. But in looking at flight paths, and the terrain in the area 20 miles E of V23, I just can't see what people are proposing.

I've attached some pics to illustrate.

Downloaded and installed the Voyager Flight Software System from Seattle Avionics.

I plug in stuff, and they give me flight paths and show other data.
I said I wanted to fly my Bonanza from KSEA to KPDX

V495 is immediately E of V23, which we know and love.

For 305 to be over in the woods E, it has to have strayed over past V495?

And there are no flight paths E of V495, coming from the Seattle way..

And the brown mountain to the N of the "3" (in the first pic) shows as elevation 6300 ft, Class E airspace, 7500 ft floor. Lat/Long:
N 46°12.49' x W 122°11.74'

If 305 was flying at 10,000 ft, it would have been kind of dangerous to be straying over that way? (Way East of V23)

This is ignoring the high altitude stuff like J65.

Can someone explain just what the theory is?
(p.s. yes I know nothing about planes or flying etc. )

Note all three have V495 highlighted. The last is rotated, as if flying from bottom to top. (S is top)

(edit) added 4th around pdx (S is bottom again). I had switched views from terrain (although the red was cool for making it more obvious where the water is)

In this Voyager Flight Software system, it's pretty cool because it downloads current weather etc also.

I notice the winds aloft at PDX right now (I guess 4 hr period?) are 54 knots at 210 degrees, -14C.
(edit) added:
44 knots, 210 deg. at 9000 ft, -8C
40 knots, 210 deg. at 6000 ft, -3C
35 knots, 180 deg. at 3000 ft

11/24/71 was -7C at 10k ft? so I guess similar?

let's look at current surface conditions at PDX
from http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KPDX.html

Seems like a DBC nite, roughly, on the ground?
So 40-50 knot winds at 10,000 ft on 10/24/71 might not be out of the question?

Current PDX conditions (surface):

2/24/09 10:53 PST
Wind from the SSE (160 degrees) at 7 MPH (6 KT)
Visibility 10 mile(s)
Sky conditions overcast
Weather Light rain
Precipitation last hour 0.07 inches
Temperature 46.0 F (7.8 C)
Dew Point 41.0 F (5.0 C)
Relative Humidity 82%
Pressure (altimeter) 29.75 in. Hg (1007 hPa)

Maximum and Minimum Temperatures
Max F (C) Mini F (C)
46.9 (8.3) 41.0 (5.0) In the 6 hours preceding
51.1 (10.6) 41.0 (5.0) In the 24 hours preceding

(edit) This shows some more surface info, including cloud levels and gusts.

Report generated at 2/23/2009 11:53 PM
Winds: From 190 degrees at 16 Kts gusting to 24 Kts; Visibility: Unlimited; Sky conditions: Scattered clouds at 3000 Ft AGL, Broken clouds at 3500 Ft AGL, Overcast at 4500 Ft AGL; Weather: Light rain; Temperature/dew point: 9/4C; Altimeter setting: 29.77 Hg

Georger states:

Jo went to Portland in 2001, five day trip, for a filming
of her story. The filming was done in Portland? Jo had made several prior trips to Washington,

Jo says:
:)===================

Georger states

Jo contacted the Thomas' in order to get help finding the right places,

:)The fiming Company tried to locate him at that time.
====================

Georger states:

Included in these places is a power line and logging
road Jo says Duane walked out of after landing. Precisely where these are I do not know. However, Tom Kaye also asked me (if I knew where thesewere?) after Tom read Jo's story. I do not know if
Tom has been able to identify this power line and logging road, the shed, all contained in Jo's story.

:)=====================

Georger states:

Presumably Jerry Thomas could make no sense of the places Jo was asking about.

Jo Says:
:)======================

Georger states:

(Angle Udell) walks up and asks if she can help. Angel Udell takes Jo in her truck

Jo Says:

:)For the umpteenth time:
I NEVER WENT anywhere with Udell.It was a friend and her sister and sister-in-law and an undercover narco detective in his off time. The river lady was with us for a short time.
====================

FOLKS at no time did I say I got in a truck with the "Angel Udell".

good replies - thanks.

Jo means ground penetrating radar I think, which is a VERY useful investigative tool for finding buried stuff provided that it is a good RF reflector. GPR was used to find those WW2 airplanes buried under HUNDREDS of feet of ice in Greenland. Isn't so great at finding objects which have a density close to the earth that surrounds them. It isnt really about metal vs non metal, it's about density differences.

Shelly's dispute of Jo's claims seems to have been a huge relief to Georger. I am happy he appears to have decided to stay here and just view Jo as a discredited nusisance in his eyes rather than a nemisis.

Didn't Jo say that Duane mentioned following RR tracks out of the area? Sluggo recalls I am sure. Surely they would be something that would show on some maps or aerial photos of that vintage.

I think there has to be some gear out there, at least the metal parts, whether Cooper went in or survived. No way would he walk out carrying all his chute gear, makes no sense. Buried nylon might survive. Some of the metal stuff would survive to this day no matter where it ended up.

Hey Georger, if you run into Brad Pitt, my 16 year old daughter wants an autograph. She says you can "like totally skip" Tom C.

There seems no reason to contact him now, which is a relief.. but someof his people deserve
a lot of credit for coming up here to help out after
our massive floods last year. These people brought
all of their experience from NewOrleans even though they are still up to their necks in work ... some of
our folks had gone down to help them so I guess they were just returning the favour but these are
VERY FINE PEOPLE - REAL ANGELS! (To have something about Pitt surface here re-Duane Weber boggles my mind. What next? Apollo-13? Noah's arc? I mean it does get a bit much at times...) But
if I do see Pitt I will get the autograph for your
daughter .. unless she has already got it herself first!)

Ground penetrating radar. Yes. We have a guy here
who worked on several NASA projects - vlf radar -
looking for H2O on the Moon and Mars. They used that in Jo's back yard!? Good grief. Who? NASA?
Ive never used the stuff and dont know about it
except in theory .... but Dr Donald Gurnett does.

Walked out via RR tracks? Ive lost track. I thought
it was a logging road, and a high line path ? I
honestly have lost track.

B|I would later find out who DB Cooper realy was.Im not going to make up stories just to apease people. Did you say this Jo? Why not Jo thats what you have done all along.Why didn't you stick to the original story you told Jerry.you know the one about you and Duane driving up I5 and driving across the cowltz river and him pointing and saying thats where DB Cooper buried the money.Did you also forget what you said duane told you just before he died.You said he wispered to you that he knew who DB Cooper Realy was but didn't say any thing else about it.These are your own words.What about Duanes medical condition that he had most of his life.This alone would have killed him if he had made that jump.What about what his best friend said did you forget that also.Now you know that when you were in washington that you told the TV producers that you did not want Jerry to be Involved.Jerry made himself available for them if he was needed.Ralph knew how to contact him and so did you.Now Duane's band the one he played in at the tavern you did give Jerry those names. we knew at the time they were just names you had heard and decided to use for a new story you were making up. Stories thats a good topic. Lets RECAP 1. the cowltz river 2.The power lines 3. the accomplice with the red truck.4the 20 dollar bill 5.Hiding in a cabin then stealing a boat to cross Lacamas lake then crossing the RR tracks then Hwy 14 down to the columbia river and burrying the money.6.burying the money under a radio tower on top of BoBs Mnt. These are just a few. Jerry even though he knew they were just stories checked all of them out.Jo Jerry actually tried to prove duane was cooper for you.All you did was to to continue making up stories.Jerrys kept a record of all of these things along with the recorded telphone conversations which you new about he told you that he did that for you in case he found something, so you could use it in the book you were going to write. Jo why didn't you ever take a polygraph test. why don't you just except the DNA test results.If you wish to continue to call me a lier and say Jerry didn't do anything to help you I will continue to add more information on you and the stories you have told us.You promised that if nothing was found in your dogs grave you would put all this behind you, Its time Jo Now one of the questions asked is has Jerry tried to use a metal detector. Yes he did but the rock in this area is full of Iron and you get a lot of false readings. Im going to take a small break and review some of the questions If I don't Know the answer I'll try to convence my husband to give me the answer.He doesn't like computers much and doesn't type to well. Shelly

Duane's medical condition is mentioned in Doug Pasternak's article on Duane. Duane had polycystic
kidney disease PKD as early as 1970.

Jo has always insisted here that it was not serious and Duane had a full healthy active life.

Sluggo knew this from looking at the 1971 sectional, I guess.

I've been mulling over Sluggo's theories about how the 10k and Mexico demand, basically specified a route.

It is pretty interesting playing with this flight planning software.

It seems like the crew wanting to go to Reno to refuel really made the 10k ceiling hard to achieve.

You can get from Seatac (KSEA) to LA (KLAX) cruising at 9000 ft in a Piper Cherokee, evidently. (need fuel though)

But you definitely wouldn't go out East over the mountains to Yakima, WA. If they went there, Cooper would definitely have been lost.

Here's a pic of a flight path from KSEA to KLAX. The highest point is 5000 ft. ish, but that's down near LA.

You can see you'd take V495 nowadays...just E of V23 (the part before PDX)

But it's hard to argue with Sluggo's assertion that the Mexico+10,000 ft demand basically set a flight path.

Why didn't they go to SFO? doesn't make sense to me that they went to Reno.

(edit) Oh note that the "brown spot" that was an obstruction, towards the E that I mentioned before, is Mt. St. Helens. It was ~9700 ft in 1971. It's less now. (S.A. event)

I would later find out who DB Cooper realy was.Im not going to make up stories just to apease people. Did you say this Jo? Why not Jo thats what you have done all along.Why didn't you stick to the original story you told Jerry.

:)I have stuck to my orginal story and it has NOT changed. The interpretation of what I told has changed lots by other individials..
What has changed is the area - where there were forest there are home and subidivisiions.
=======================

You know the one about you and Duane driving up I5 and driving across the cowltz river and him pointing and saying thats where DB Cooper buried the money.

:)I believe he hid there waiting for his way out - by the rail or someone picking him up.

The place he mentioned money was at LaCames Lake - where the 3 cabins used to be in 1971 NOT Colwizt. There was a creek flowing down to the lake and it was at that point he said "That were Cooper Walked out of the Woods"
========================

Did you also forget what you said duane told you just before he died.

:)I suggest you go back in the forum and read ALL of the posts - there is no need to repeat it when we have so much more going on. an Jerry can help - no need to rehash thing we have alread discussed.
===================

IOn washington that you told the TV producers that you did not want Jerry to be Involved.Jerry made himself available for them if he was needed.Ralph knew how to contact him and so did you.

:oI never told the produce I didn't want Jerry therel:DThat is not true and you know it - the crew knew it - I complained the whole time because Jerry could not be there. When I got in the car I asked where Jerry was - they told me they had a guide for the universtiy there - he didn't even know his way around town and had oonly lived tere for 2 yrs....The crew told me they couldn't get Jerry, perhaps you are mixing this up with a trip someone else did.
I was depending on Jerry being the quide.
=========================.

Now Duane's band the one he played in at the tavern you did give Jerry those names. we knew at the time they were just names you had heard and decided to use for a new story you were making up.

Garbage! - there was NO story about a band. One of the men said that a man in the bar used to sing like that yrs ago.
========================

1. the cowltz river 2.The power lines 3. the accomplice with the red truck.4the 20 dollar bill 5.Hiding in a cabin then stealing a boat to cross Lacamas lake then crossing the RR tracks then Hwy 14 down to the columbia river and burrying the money.6.burying the money under a radio tower on top of BoBs Mnt.

;):)I do not know where Cowitz river is.
The power lines - yes.
Accomplilice with red truck - NO WAY.... I didn not talk about a red ttruck - not EVER.

:)========================

These are just a few. Jerry even though he knew they were just stories checked all of them out.Jo Jerry actually tried to prove duane was cooper for you.All you did was to to continue making up stories.Jerrys kept a record of all of these things along with the recorded telphone conversations which you new about he told you that he did that for you in case he found something, so you could use it in the book you were going to write.

:)
I hope the actual records are more acurate than what I just corrected. They would be very uusefull, but with all of the development not very usefull at all other than Jerrys opinion of the places in the sequence Duane took me to them

=====================

Jo why didn't you ever take a polygraph test. why don't you just except the DNA test results.

B|I did offer to take a polygraph test. The DNA was Tainted and you have no idea what other stories I have been told about the tie - I really haven't dweld on that too much her - but my major question was "What Happen to the only un -questionable evidence the FBI had the cigarette butts and the letter ligjhly penciled and mailed just a few miles from his sisters home in
in Modesto or Montebellol
=========================

f you wish to continue to call me a lier and say Jerry didn't do anything to help you

B|:([:/] Excuse me I have not call there in YRS and do know a number to call. I
have never said Jerry did not help me - I had no way to talk to him.
I did ask Himmelsbach to have him call me. I moved in 2002 so I know you have NOT talked to me in 8 yrs. nor have I talked to Jerry.

As for my promising any one that I would give my quest up if
I found the dog - Sorry I don't remember saying that. ..If I did - there is no way I can put this down with out the truth. I never spoke to you or Jerry after they dug the dog up in 2001 in July or August.

In fact I met the love of my life in 2000 and in 2001 I was spending a lot of time elsewhere. We finally moved in with each other in 2001 and got married in Nov 12 2002 and he had developed lung cancer - were spent the next yrs in surgery, flying to Loma Linda for proton radiation, to Indiania for another experimental treatment. With Chemo and radiation and surgeries and proton radiation - there was little time to think about CCooper - Jim died July 1 2007 - he has been gone 18 months now.
Perhaps the explains my long absense for Jerry - but I didn't have phone number or an address and H never remembered to give it to me.
=======================

:):D:oDOLLAR CORNER TAVERN WAS STILL THERE IN MAY OF 2001 AND I WAS THERE -:ph34r:IT HAD not BURNED DOWN. I do not HAVE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT PITT OR ANYONE ELSE LIKE THAT.
Do you have any idea how old I am. I have heard of Pitt but would never think to mention him in a conversation - that is not me at all.

Do you have me mixed up with someone else?
=======================

Jo, I don't know why you keep going on about the cigarette butts. If they found them now there is a very obvious chain of events that would happen. It would be something like this:
- butts found
- DNA sampling done
- Duane rejected
- Jo then rejects the DNA evidence on basis of chain of custody, or handling, or whatever other argument takes her fancy. (I could understand this argument in terms of finding DNA that "shouldn't" be there, but not in terms of not finding DNA. )
So, never mind about the butts because they won't make any difference (to your argument) anyway.

Personally I'm more interested in finding out who does match some of the DNA samples from the tie. :)

Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

So, who is DB Cooper?

A veteran of the Korean War who also worked with Air America in Vietnam. Very possibly a smokejumper before and between the wars. After the hijacking he disappeared into either SE Asia or Africa with all his dollars. :)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

You can see you'd take V495 nowadays...just E of V23 (the part before PDX)

But it's hard to argue with Sluggo's assertion that the Mexico+10,000 ft demand basically set a flight path.

Why didn't they go to SFO? doesn't make sense to me that they went to Reno.

Reply - I agree with Suggo too. The decision was
passed up from the ground based on someone
parachuting, I mean the route V23 - but the destination not set until a bit later once airborn
and then it became Reno (based on? fuel?)

But, Jerry seems to be concentrating on his area
some some reason.

I keep going back to Scott telling H he thought
after reflecting, he was EAST of V23... that brings
us to the area Jerry is searching. I think!???

Who is DB Cooper? Sorry, I haven't kept up reading all the post and don't have time to read them all now. So if you guys could just start everything over fresh from the beginning that would be great. Thanks.

So, who is DB Cooper?

You are joking of course but just in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

Basically he was a dude who conned an airline into giving him a free jet jump from one of their 727s. He drank some bourbon, got kinda rude and actually demanded that they pay him on top of that.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.