47 47
quade

DB Cooper

And yet another point as to why Cooper was a novice at best. Cooper made no demand in regard to denominations. Your right, my "maker-of-small-pieces" friend, weight is very important in regard to load and rate of descent. Anyone with knowledge would have most likely asked for hundreds, decreasing weight (from approximately 20 lbs to 4 lbs) and size dramatically.

In fact, if he had asked for hundreds it would have all fit in the reserve container which he could have securely clipped to the webbing of the NB6 harness

reply - and yet another example of how he isnt thinking clearly -

I confess I havent taken the Canadian comic book angle seriously until today. So, I ran this by a historian-genealogist friend of mine tonight. He said, "oh yea, that would make sense". I said "how so?" He replied,

"The name Cooper has been associated with
adventurism for a long time in literature and
history. James Fenemore Cooper. So a serious writer might use the name Cooper for a hero, and if its a
screw-up hero he might use some common name like Dan, not George-Washington Cooper.

The Cooper name is founding-family stuff in America. The Coopers were among the first 26 families settled in the Shenendoah Valley of Virgina
by Jon Richards under mandate of King George. They
all fought in the Revolutionary War. The name is
synonymous with adventurism.

I'm not saying your DB Cooper knew any of this but
it's a little ironic he would pick that name."

Georger

I'm curious about how the letter I actually know where this one is and will scan and post it when I get back from vacation (2 weeks).

Vacation at this time - how convenient! The circumstances of the night clerk have improved and he will be going back to China.

The night clerk is real and he did deliver (so he told me) a notarized statement to the FBI office a couple of wks ago...if this is not true then I need to be notified and not 2 wks from now or after he has gone back to China.

I have a copy of the statement he provided to the FBI.

Lots of seniors go to China and other countries to teach certain subjects. This does NOT mean they are part of the USA academia system, but knowledgeable of the subject.

This man spent most of his life married to ONE woman. To me that spells stability. How many of you have spent over 30 yrs with one woman...? How many of you over 60 have not made a mistake or two in your life?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo said:
Vacation at this time - how convenient! The circumstances of the night clerk have improved and he will be going back to China.

Oh Come On Now!
I may be snowmman, but I'm not that omnipotent when it comes to real reality. I can't post something here, and all of a sudden human bodies decide to up and move across continents.

What were the circumstances that would improve for an old man? Health? Health care will be worse in China. Money? Did Money arrive? Did someone die that was sick? How can this be?
We need the night clerk!
We understand the night clerk!
In our hearts we are all night clerks!
All hail the night clerk!

NIGHT CLERK IN A ROACH MOTEL

I’m the furtive inspector of dimly lit corridors,
Dead light bulbs and red exit signs,
Doors that show traces
Of numerous attempts at violent entry,

Is that a rustle of counterfeit bills
Being counted in the wedding suite?
A comb passing through a head of gray hair?
The sound of a maid making a bed?

Eternity is a bathroom full of spider webs,
Dostoyevsky wrote.
I better get the passkey and see for myself.
I better bring some matches too.

The whole point here (for me and I hope you) is fun, entertainment and just maybe doing something really cool; solving one of the most intriguing mysteries in American criminal justice history.

by implication, you're saying your actions have led in contributing to achieving what you describe in the paragraph above?

You jump around. Sometimes you say the investigation was done, and you're doing nothing and it's up to "us". Sometimes you act like you're involved. Sometimes you act like you have no time.

You're full of shit.

At least we're consistently nuts.

Fun? You might be speculating about others. How exactly are you having fun? I could describe how I am. Your turn.

=====================

Snowmman :)

I think you are now realizing what I did - even before Ckret ever posted to this forum.

By the way I received an email today from an old friend who told me there was a MOVIE about Cooper being released this week - WAS he just pulling my leg to get me to respond?

If Ckret can get a copy of that letter WHY can't he get the copy of the evelope and note that was mailed just a few miles from where Duane's sister lived in 1971.

Do any of you know anything about these initials someone scrawled on the plane? I had never heard it until it was mentioned in the forum. Seems like it (if true) would have been an important piece of information for someone who might have known him.

If he did do this - maybe it was a code like the tie to let his family know it was him if he splattered.

Snowmman you do take its and bits of things I say - but, I never did ask the clerk details of his life. It did not seem important - our conversations where brief and I gleaned what I could out of them.
When I am told someone teaches - I, like you think in terms of school teachers. I only recently ask that specific question and got the answer...because you kept on and on about it. Now are you happy.

We understand the night clerk!
In our hearts we are all night clerks!
All hail the night clerk!

Indeed! Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The night clerk knows.

Were I a superhero, my Clark Kent Bruce Wayne "day job" would be night clerk.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

okay, you guys have been joking about whuffos that try to hang out with jumpers for slimy reasons..

well I just got this PM today. Hell this is great! Don't tell me that somehow spambots can infest DZ.com and create fake accounts and send PMs.

And don't tell me it's just my turn with linda.
Look you guys might have 1000 jumps, but I'm close to 1000 posts. That counts!

PM I got: (I think she was impressed by my # jumps)

Hello!!!
My name is linda I am tall ,good looking, perfect body figure and sexy. I saw your profile in www.dropzone.com and was delighted to contact you, I hope you will be the true loving, honest and caring man that I have been looking 4, And I have something special to tell you about me, So please contact me directly through my address [email protected] so that I can also send my picture directly to you.

Damn, now I know what Linda has been doing on her new laptop. She always clicks to eBay jewelry when I approach, but I had my suspicions.

I am going to the INS tomorrow and canceling that treacherous girl's fiance visa. She's all yours Snow. I'll even ship you her 56 unopened boxes of shoes.

There is a beautiful Russian girl emailing me who is 18 and craves guys over 60. I can tell she is sincere. She just needs a few thousand for immigration papers and an airline ticket which I will send Monday via Western Union.

I know we will be happy.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I think the comic is a great find and has several possibilities. I will be highlighting it as part of "new" evidence in the case. I think it can be used to narrow the pool of possible "Coopers"

Not saying Cooper got the idea from the comic series but that he may have been a fan or collector. His exposure was in a small area of Europe or Quebec.

So now one of the theories; we are looking for a male 6’, brown eyes, dark complexion, dark hair, would have been in late 40’s to early 50 in 71, no distinguishing accent, possibly served in the military as part of a flight crew and collected or read Dan Cooper comic books.

CKRET HOW MANY TIME DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE DAN COOPER COMICS SOLD BY XXXXX XXXX XXX IN THE JEFFERSON PRISON....THEY WERE PROVIDED BY HIS GIRL FRIEND.

Why do you have such selective memory when it comes to things I have repeatedly told the FBI?

The whole point here (for me and I hope you) is fun, entertainment and just maybe doing something really cool; solving one of the most intriguing mysteries in American criminal justice history.

by implication, you're saying your actions have led in contributing to achieving what you describe in the paragraph above?

You jump around. Sometimes you say the investigation was done, and you're doing nothing and it's up to "us". Sometimes you act like you're involved. Sometimes you act like you have no time.

You're full of shit.

Fun? You might be speculating about others. How exactly are you having fun? I could describe how I am. Your turn.

=====================

I think you are now realizing what I did - even before Ckret ever posted to this forum.

By the way I received an email today from an old friend who told me there was a MOVIE about Cooper being released this week - WAS he just pulling my leg to get me to respond?

If Ckret can get a copy of that letter WHY can't he get the copy of the evelope and note that was mailed just a few miles from where Duane's sister lived in 1971.

Do any of you know anything about these initials someone scrawled on the plane? I had never heard it until it was mentioned in the forum. Seems like it (if true) would have been an important piece of information for someone who might have known him.

If he did do this - maybe it was a code like the tie to let his family know it was him if he splattered.

Snowmman you do take its and bits of things I say - but, I never did ask the clerk details of his life. It did not seem important - our conversations where brief and I gleaned what I could out of them.
When I am told someone teaches - I, like you think in terms of school teachers. I only recently ask that specific question and got the answer...because you kept on and on about it. Now are you happy.

Reply> How bloody rude and absurd! The whole thing.

Georger

You're full of shit.

=====================

and, stop sending me all of your PM's. This is a formal request. I'm through.

Georger

Ckret has mentioned that it's quite possible the release of the composite sketches hindered the investigation, and maybe just the simple verbal descriptions would have helped more early on.

It got me thinking about how the sketches inherently have embedded information in them, that was exchanged between the witness and the sketch artist. Maybe stuff that wasn't exchanged during the FBI interview.

So I was wondering if looking at the sketches (maybe look at them serially), what "features" pop out at you that you would verbalize.

Doug Pasternak who was formerly with the US News and World Reoorts spent a couple of hour with the artist and there was discussion of appearance that NEVER appeared in the media. Things the witnesses tried to relay to him - and things he was not successful in portraying.

Before Doug could tell me one of these things on the phone I blurted it out - no way in GOD's NAME I could have picked that one very important thing - that was never revealed to the media that the witnesses stated to the artist

Sorry if I am being somewhat emotional tonight but - these things are important and issues that NO ONE will pay attention to.

What the media and others do not pay attention to in the artist conception are the mouth (they did not use that composite), the line down his face on both sides which Cook morphed out on the composite he used to compare his subject with Cooper), the slanting of the forehead shown by the shading, the tone and color of the skin, The downward turn in one corner of the mouth, the piercing darkess of the eyes, the eyebrows,
the creases in the forehead, the chin which changes - (note that Weber in some pictures appears to have a strong chin and in other a weak chin) - the artist was trying to depict many things in action.

The bridge of the glasses mask the nose - and if you will note younger picture of Weber denote a smaller nose (and not one picture of him is available with a frame of the kind Cooper wore). There are certain frames I can put on that make my nose appear much smaller. Age also makes the nose much larger and bublous in the advancing yrs.

Shaffner is the only one to see Cooper without his glasses and that was when he took them off and looked at her told her to read the note..... She didn't forget those eyes because they are dead on with Duane's eyes.

Note the eyelids - same as Duane's. Change the composite to black and white and see what you get - you will see detail that the FBI and others have ignored over the yrs. Besure you are using an unaltered composite. My old avatar had one of those and one is attache (actual composites mailed to me by Agent Hope).

WHO WAS THE CHIEF ENGINEER ON THE VANE- I WANT TO KNOW.

One person has been mentioned as a suspect who worked for Boeing and we all know that Duane's brother was involved with Boeing. I was just curious why this was left blank in a post referring to the Vane.

I think the comic is a great find and has several possibilities. I will be highlighting it as part of "new" evidence in the case. I think it can be used to narrow the pool of possible "Coopers"

Not saying Cooper got the idea from the comic series but that he may have been a fan or collector. His exposure was in a small area of Europe or Quebec.

So now one of the theories; we are looking for a male 6’, brown eyes, dark complexion, dark hair, would have been in late 40’s to early 50 in 71, no distinguishing accent, possibly served in the military as part of a flight crew and collected or read Dan Cooper comic books.

CKRET HOW MANY TIME DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE DAN COOPER COMICS SOLD BY XXXXX XXXX XXX IN THE JEFFERSON PRISON....THEY WERE PROVIDED BY HIS GIRL FRIEND.

Why do you have such selective memory when it comes to things I have repeatedly told the FBI?

I feel a strange sense of relief that the comics sold were not Archie ... Archie Andrews just wouldn't cut it as a serious name for a hijacker B|
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Georger posted

"The guy who paid the ransom for Northwest was named John Ahlquist and was a middle manager with NW. He had to walk out to the airplane buck naked with the money bag his only protection from the elements. Anyway, John ended up as my boss at Airline X for a while, which led directly to my retirement from the airline. I did, however, come to understand why he was chosen to carry the ransom to Dan Cooper on the airplane. I am convinced that his bosses secretly hoped the hijacker would shoot him."

reply:
This is not the person who brought the money to the plane and he was not naked. There was a hijacking at SeaTac after the Cooper case where an FBI agent had to carry the cash to the plane in his underware.

hmmm... when one of you is in a playful mood, kindly go hijack an aeroplane (any old plane will do, seeing as you will not get to jump it). please insist that the ransom is delivered by Agent Carr in his underwear, with streaming to Youtube :D. When you get sent to jail, i will arrange for a subscription in your name to russian brides/asian brides/whatever brides you may be interested in:)

Jo said:

Oh Come On Now!
I may be snowmman, but I'm not that omnipotent when it comes to real reality. I can't post something here, and all of a sudden human bodies decide to up and move across continents.

Snow, don't be such a spoilsport, let Jo add it as a block in her conspiracy theory.

Jo, as for the "blanks", well maybe someone is yanking your chain. On the other hand I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll get the right number of letters to match the Xs in one of Duane's many aliases.

Tell the night clerk he can stay in the USA and teach me.
My posts are no good.
My English is suffering.
Ckret thinks I'm an ass.
I need to be able to win friends and influence people thru English wizardy.
Tell the night clerk, he's my only hope.

I don't think you're an ass, I just think, as we all need to at times, you need to step away from the computer for ten minutes before sending some of you're posts. It's not the content, the content is awsome. It's not whether you agree or disagree, I'd rather you disagree, it's the tone.

Georger posted

"The guy who paid the ransom for Northwest was named John Ahlquist and was a middle manager with NW. He had to walk out to the airplane buck naked with the money bag his only protection from the elements. Anyway, John ended up as my boss at Airline X for a while, which led directly to my retirement from the airline. I did, however, come to understand why he was chosen to carry the ransom to Dan Cooper on the airplane. I am convinced that his bosses secretly hoped the hijacker would shoot him."

reply:
This is not the person who brought the money to the plane and he was not naked. There was a hijacking at SeaTac after the Cooper case where an FBI agent had to carry the cash to the plane in his underware.

hmmm... when one of you is in a playful mood, kindly go hijack an aeroplane (any old plane will do, seeing as you will not get to jump it). please insist that the ransom is delivered by Agent Carr in his underwear, with streaming to Youtube :D. When you get sent to jail, i will arrange for a subscription in your name to russian brides/asian brides/whatever brides you may be interested in:)

I could not imagine the grief I would take from those I work with if something like that should ever happen. As it is now everytime something hits the news with this case or bank robbery they get a few days out of it and thats with a suit on.

Could this really be an odd time to go on vacation? In America, is this not the busiest time of year for travel? This is after all the Thanksgiving season.

As for Dan Cooper comic books in a US prison, no way. To my knowledge they were not sold in the United States. They were written only in French and sold through a French company. It was a very small circulation. Unless you were a collector, you would have had to been able to read French to want the comic. Unless you just wanted to look at the pretty pictures.

And now the night clerk,

Yes a gentleman has come forward and I interviewed him, he seemed sincere and well intentioned. He essentially said to me exactly what Jo has said:

According to this individual, on Nov 23rd 1971, a John Collins checked into the motel where he was working as a night clerk.

A few days later FBI agents arrived with the sketch of Dan Cooper and interviewed him. He said the sketch looked like a man named John Collins who registered on the 23rd. He said the agents took the register.

At some point much later he was shown a picture of Duane Weber and feels the picture of Weber looks like the sketch, which looks like the John Collins he remembers checking into the motel.

I interviewed him via phone; he turned in his statement to our Portland office so I have not seen the written version yet.

And now the night clerk,

Yes a gentleman has come forward and I interviewed him, he seemed sincere and well intentioned. He essentially said to me exactly what Jo has said:

According to this individual, on Nov 23rd 1971, a John Collins checked into the motel where he was working as a night clerk.

A few days later FBI agents arrived with the sketch of Dan Cooper and interviewed him. He said the sketch looked like a man named John Collins who registered on the 23rd. He said the agents took the register.

At some point much later he was shown a picture of Duane Weber and feels the picture of Weber looks like the sketch, which looks like the John Collins he remembers checking into the motel.

I interviewed him via phone; he turned in his statement to our Portland office so I have not seen the written version yet.

Yay! Do we have lift-off? Ckret, would there be some record of who the agents were who interviewed him originally? (Just trying to square his statement about the register with you having said you couldn't find a record of it being taken).

Then as an aside to Snow

I need to be able to win friends and influence people thru English wizardy.

that would be wizardRy, and it would be "through" (teen abbreviations don't work in wizardry) ;):):P

$200k to me has always seemed a paultry sum
given the risk and consequnces. $200k even in '71 wasn't that much in relative terms.

Grudge or not, poor or not, what this brings up is
scales-of-consciousness. We know he got giddy
at the sight of the money and starts giving it away.
Duhhhhhh! Earth to Cooper?

We may be dealing with a brain-damaged individual here .... which Tina described as sad?

Perhaps the 200k was a sum that he thought, for whatever reason, could be raised quickly.

Perhaps he thought that would be some sort of seed money for bigger and better jobs to come...who knows?
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Yay! Do we have lift-off? Ckret, would there be some record of who the agents were who interviewed him originally? (Just trying to square his statement about the register with you having said you couldn't find a record of it being taken).

Here's the issue i have with it. In the months after the hijacking there was no bigger criminal case in the Bureau. Every agent in the Northwest was helping run down leads, no stone was left unturned.

If a clerk had stated to agents that a man named John Collins checked into a motel the night before the crime and he looked like the hijacker, there would have been a massive effort to vett that out. Nothing in the files mention a John Collins until Jo steps into the picture in the late 90's.

I just find that odd, not saying that it did not happen and i am just missing it somehow, just doubtful; but that's my job. I will look a bit further to confirm my suspicions