47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I keep wondering why I read this dang thread 2-3 times a day!!

Me too, but I think I have figured it out. We amateur sleuths get to be on the front lines of a major unsolved crime. In notoriety it rivals the Tate/ La Bianca Manson killings, the SLA Patty Hearst kidnapping, and other headline grabbers. Those got solved. While they were hot and unsolved, regular folks like us played no significant role unless we were fact witnesses. The pros rightfully had center stage in the investigations. Cooper is stale, but it is still a big deal. Because it is so stale, only one pro, Ckret, is paying much attention to the case these days. We get to have a direct ongoing dialog with the FBI agent assigned to the case and although we may never solve it, we are coming up with some interesting ideas. That is unique on a big national case and that's what makes it appealing. That's why we keep coming back to read and make posts. We amateur sleuths get to be directly involved in trying to solve one of the 20th century's major who dunnits.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

What I don't understand is this:

If Duane had time to run all over the country doing all sorts of things over a period of many years, why on earth did he never go back and retrieve the money from the bucket in anything resembling a reasonable time given the huge incentive of nearly $200K in 1971 money?

That seems a pretty big hole in the argument to me.

A hole ? Its as huge as the meteor crater in Arizona.
Now he is being linked to the MLK murder rifle ?
I wonder if he knew Sirhan Sirhan ?

Quade , you hit the nail on the head.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Long detailed conspiracy theory (FBI etc) about MLK assassination. No mention of Duane Weber or John Collins or, indeed, of the rifle being hidden anywhere for any length time.. because apparently some guy called McCraw threw it in the Mississippi River:
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/MLKconExp.html#no4

Of course there are plenty other more rational sites out there too :D
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

1. I am not TRYING to connect him to the MLK murder:
2. I am only reporting what I know.
3. I do not know what he retrieved in Memphis - but that rifle mysteriously became part of our life and the fact that he was upset over it missing rather than the other items that were stolen.
4. He made a strange statement about that rifle at that time, but he never elaborated on it and it was one of those things the look said - "Forget It".
5. He did know James Earl Ray and so did his common law wife of the time.
6. Ray did sell foreign comic and mag in the prison.
7. Ray did recieve a phone call from Collins in CA.

I am stating these things to try to understand the commutation of sentence and his involvement with Ray. Maybe they were nothing more than inmates in the same prison.

Regarding the Commutation - no more information today. The crime he went to prison was committed with 3 other individuals. Two men and one other person that was never identified. Firearms taken in that incident.

What you do not understand is this: 2 other individuals involved --- was one of them a paratrooper or skyjumper? If it turns out to be who I think it was - I may be able to put Duane in a parachute.

I had tried to find the names of these individuals for yrs - but, did not know where to look. The individual who contacted me yrs ago - the one I scoffed at - did put him in a chute, but I did not believe his tale.

I still have many problems with the story he told me because he did not pass the "truth" test that I did on people who contacted me over the yrs. Yet, 2 things stood out in his story that he would not have know about Duane - if he did not actually know him and his wife.

I have a very sick dog who needs my full attention right now. Hope you all understand what I am trying to do...the James Earl Ray involvement has been around since day one - in my investigation.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo,
It is finally time to hire a PI. Call some Hollywood producers with your story. I'm sure someone will hire a gumshoe to find the facts. You have pleaded here for help. Many here have helped you as much as possible. There are many old timers that lurk here but don't post. They would jump in if there was info on prison jump training or thought they could put Duane in a parachute harness.
I don't doubt your stories. I saw you on TV a while back and you were very articulate. Use that to your advantage and hire a professional detective. I would imagine some retired PD or Government agent types would want to delve into all of your info. Get Hollywood to pay, they are in to "Reality" shows now big time. If you are serious I will put you in touch with some reputable (yes there are a couple!) TV people.
Posting on here in capital letters and underlines about the Bay of Pigs, MLK and hijackings is getting you nowhere. You can PM me.

The money in the sand.

There is a lot of posts that try to establish linkage between the location of the money and Coopers exit point.

My point is that the money could have been on the bottom of a river upstream for 3 years, then one good rain could create enough flow to push it for miles down a tributary to its final location.

Its final location has little to do with Coopers exit point.

Drainage basin: A drainage basin is an extent of land where water from rain or snow melt drains downhill into a body of water, such as a river, lake, reservoir, estuary, wetland, sea or ocean. The drainage basin includes both the streams and rivers that convey the water as well as the land surfaces from which water drains into those channels, separated from adjacent basins by a drainage divide. The drainage basin acts like a funnel - collecting all the water within the area covered by the basin and channeling it into a waterway. Each drainage basin is separated topographically from adjacent basins by a ridge, hill or mountain, which is known as a water divide.

The original flight path /exit point and the money location are not in the same drainage basin.

New info on the bag, it actually could best be described as a sack (this is a test, I want to see who will run into the ground a debate on the difference between a bag and a sack). It was not canvas but some type of cloth. Have you ever seen cartoons with the bank robber running out of the bank holding a money sack with the dollar sign on it.

Thats what it was but it had the SeaFirst name on it. I should have a picture of it in a few days.

The attached is a picture of a money sack or bag.

The question becomes, nut?, psycho?, who on earth would ever attempt such an endeavor even if he/she had a death wish? That's right... probably no one.

So why is it that in any attempt to solve this case, we assume the perp was a novice??

I just don't get it.

i think ur correct

I am trying to confirm this and if I can it will be very helpful in resolving the jump location. When the crew reported oscillations they were referring to the the pressure gagues not the plane or the pressure bump.

What this means is that when Cooper went down the stairs and they started to drop, the cabin pressure gagues started to oscillate. This was around 8:10 to 8:12. I got the impression this lasted for some time and then later they felt the bump.

This is big news, i should have something concrete I hope by tomorrow.

I also "may" have some shocking news about the found money. Before I go there though I need more proof but I promise, if true, everything we thought, or I thought about the money is wrong

low pull, look at how McCoy did it compared to Cooper. McCoy the right way, the way someone with experience would do it, Cooper the way someone without experience would do it.

And before anyone goes there, McCoy got caught because of his mouth not the act.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To

I keep wondering why I read this dang thread 2-3 times a day!!

You need something to eat your popcorn with?

Did you notice to two new posters (to this thread) who last night started to try and battle each other over things we discussed 2 years ago?

ltdiver

people were battling this b4 us also

low pull, look at how McCoy did it compared to Cooper. McCoy the right way, the way someone with experience would do it, Cooper the way someone without experience would do it.

And before anyone goes there, McCoy got caught because of his mouth not the act.

The more i read the less i seem to know. Seems like a indetermanant differential equation situation.

I'm thinking Cooper must have been a "master of deception" ........

proof: all of us here and in the past trying to solve this!

Have we missed something: Cooper went into the rest room and stated he was going to be there for a while????? (not exact words...but close) Is it possible that he somehow made his way into the "reservoir/ waste" tanks and hid ? Not sure if 727s had waste tanks, but many planes have these. (worked at a Co that manufactured shit carts to pump "crap out") . im sure this can be proven wrong..... too many posts over the last years.

So, the original sketch may have been off, the estimated time of the jump may have been significantly off, and what we know about the money may not be right.

Well this is all good news because the info we were working with before didn't add up.

What I like about the later sketch (1988?) is I can see someone who looks like that having olive or darker colored skin. How could there be such a difference in the hair though?

What Ckret is too modest to post directly (lifted from LA Times):

"If every antihero needs a foil, Cooper has Carr. The agent looks every part the hero, hair trimmed tight, square jaw, tall and broad-shouldered. He was a track star at Florida State University, an All-American in the pole vault. At 41, he looks fit enough to jump today. He has served in a K-9 unit, worked as a bodyguard for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and, for a short time, as an air marshal."

Pretty damned cool resume I'd say. James Bond lives in Seattle.

Ckret's tantalizing hint about the money has got us all waiting... Any bets on what he will tell us?
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Why did you post a photo of a "Forked-tail Doctor Killer?"

No, Sluggo, he wants to distract us from the name he has given the "doctor-killer Bonanza" picture which any OLD computer gaming nut, such as myself, would recognize as *the* magick word used in early computer Adventure gaming.

If a player entered XYZZY at the appropriate time/place in early Adventure games they got teleported to the banks of the Columbia river where the players can choose to pick up $195,000 in $20s, the gun that killed MLK, the Holy Grail, three pairs of Britney's underwear or Duane Weber's first jump certificate.

If a player picks up the proper item, those following the DB Cooper thread are released from DB purgatory and allowed to go on with their lives.

If a players picks up the wrong item they are condemned to bicker about exit points, float time and how many times DB picked his nose while in the bathroom.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper