47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Jo, send him the knife

Jo, I have never made fun of you nor would I. The fact is i have asked you for supporting documentation and to date none has arrived. I don't want tax returns. Send me something that puts Duane in the Pacific Northwest (on his own free will). Send me something that proves Duane had received jump instruction. Send me something that proves Duane had knowledge of 727 operation.\

What about the other hijacker that bailed out
over Idaho in 71 He demanded two rigs.Knowing they would have a transponder on them. He tossed them out of the plane 20 minutes before he jumped.Two throw off the feds.And jumped with the rig he had brought on the plane..And was caught weeks later
with 250000.He told someone about his plan.And when it was excuted.and all over the news.The person he revealed his plan to.turned him in.It was on the fbi files.He then escaped
from prison.I fell asleep after that.He could have been D.B.I never heard about that skyjacking.Or just
do not remember it being only 10 at the time.

Find something independent and non subjective that would convince Ckret that Duane was Cooper. If you were able to do that, bet you'd find that he would engage big time.

B|GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP: Anyone who can help please do so and see what we can find on these. Some of you live in California and one of these places is there.

1. In a conversation with the ex-wife she told me that they or she or he worked for a place called San Diego Aircraft. This going to be somewhere between 1962 and 1967. According to the state of Mo. he was incarcerated between April of 1966 and March of 1968.

The spill she gave to me at the time I was writing notes - San Diego Aircraft work, Jefferson City, Boulder Cp to N.Orleans to Altanta. If she was giving this to me in any order that would mean that someone worked for them prior to Jefferson. So concentrate on 1962 - 1966.

San Diego Aircraft work - does that mean it was in San Diego or just the name of the Company. The names to look for are Duane L. Weber, Dewayne Webber, John C. Collins - during that time span he was known as Collins. In a private email I can provide her name if you have a source for the employment records (again the FBI could easily do a SS search where we cannot do so). I also have her SS. number.

If someone knows a PI that would not cost too much for this let me know. IF any of you have a way of researching this - Please do so. You can communicate with me by private email thru the forurn on a private basis.

The FBI wants something - take it ONE step at a time and see if between you guys, a PI and myself - what we find. Doubt if any of us will be able to verify employment during that time. The FBI - should be able to verify the employment record of John Collins - I do not have access to those files, nor do I draw any SS from that number nor did Duane. Those yrs come up blank on the SS report.

You attorneys out there - how can I access his SS under John Collins?

If we can put him working for an airline plus the fact that the brother was a Boeing consultant - I have no documentation on that but it is a known fact. If John has died it is probably in his obit. Again not something that I can check-out.

2.The other air connection is So. Airlines - not sure what the So. is but I would think Southern. The notes read Seattle to Moreno (Reno). A name of a man James Lanaman - Not sure of the spelling. She mentions Brinks in connection with this man.

She was talking - I was taking notes as hard as I could. It was one of those early morning calls 2 or 3 my time, but midnight her time. She must have been sitting there remembering their time together and she wanted to talk - times she had been tipping the bottle. I did not interrupt her - I let her talk and wrote it down - I would sometimes ask her a question, but that usually interupted the train of thought - I got more by letting her ramble and remember and go back in time.

This same conversation she mentions Frisco (assume that is short for San Francisco). Also Laguna Bch. - know I didn't spell that right.

When they divorced he paid her way to CA. because that is where she wanted to go??? She ended up in San Bernadino in the early 70's. and would remain in the area until her death in 2006. Wonder why she wanted to go to CA to live?

If none of yow want to help that is OK, but I thought maybe enough people read this forum that there might be someone out there who can help.

Thanks in advance for any assistance any of you can give. I need to get this behind me - and get on with what is left of my life. I did some hard crying today, but as you can see - I am going to try to find what Carr or the FBI wants - I am going thru my notes and as i do I will pull more things out - things that have never been discussed - some of it will shock you - shocked me. Thing I don't understand, but someone here might...or have an OBJECTIVE answer or explanation for it.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Jo,

Zero hits on San Diego Aircraft. CONVAIR was the only major aircraft mfr in San Diego area in the 60s. It is now defunct so very little chances of getting any employment info. Most of the company records were destroyed/discarded on shutdown. They made military and civil aircraft including two unsuccessful competitors (Convair 880, 990) to the Boeing 707. Also made the B 58 Hustler supersonic bomber. the F 106 interceptors that chased the Cooper plane and the F 102s that George W Bush flew, on those rare occasions when he showed up for Texas Air National Guard duty.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Jo,

Zero hits on San Diego Aircraft. CONVAIR was the only major aircraft mfr in San Diego area in the 60s. It is now defunct so very little chances of getting any employment info. Most of the company records were destroyed/discarded on shutdown.

Convair was acquired by General Dynamics in 1953. Why would they destroy the records of an acquired company?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

San Diego Aircraft

Does anyone know what was going on at the place this particular site refers to in the 60's.

http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sti/visualmedia/photos/otc40s.html

Sorry I do not know how to do that clickey thing that makes the site come up.

He was probably not working with planes, but may have been doing janitorial work - it is the exposure to planes and any knowledge he may have acquired other than what he had already learned from his brother. Frankly I think the exposure to the schematics and his interest in aircraft was enough for him to have had the necessary information on the plane.

But - I need to trace these two work exposures to satisfy the FBI.

I don't know why, but they apparently did. I have a friend who is an aviation author. Tipped by a reader of his books, he saved a carload of CONVAIR company history from a dumpster, including many rare photos. It sickened him to see what they were tossing out. Maybe personnel records were saved but he said to him it looked like a wholesale dumping of files of all kinds. I have worked on mergers where all they save from the target company are the basic corp records. Old employment files are shredded.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

San Diego Aircraft

Does anyone know what was going on at the place this particular site refers to in the 60's.

http://www.spawar.navy.mil/sti/visualmedia/photos/otc40s.html

Sorry I do not know how to do that clickey thing that makes the site come up.

He was probably not working with planes, but may have been doing janitorial work - it is the exposure to planes and any knowledge he may have acquired other than what he had already learned from his brother. Frankly I think the exposure to the schematics and his interest in aircraft was enough for him to have had the necessary information on the plane.

But - I need to trace these two work exposures to satisfy the FBI.

Most photos are old WW2 Consolidated Aircraft factory photos (guess 1942) showing B 24 bomber production. In the 60s Convair (successor to Consolidated) was making and modifying military and civil aircraft in their San Diego factory.

Jo,

I think you'll want to read this carefully:

In May 1965, GD reorganized into 12 operating divisions based on product lines. The board decided to build all future planes in Fort Worth, ending plane production at San Diego (Convair's original plant), but continuing with space and missile development there. In October 1970, Roger Lewis left and David S. Lewis from McDonnell Douglas was named CEO. Lewis required that the company headquarters move to St. Louis, which occurred in February 1971.

Sluggo

Web Page
Blog
NORJAK Forum

Jo,

Do you still have the ring he bought for you in Seattle?

What was the exact date of that purchase?

Could you scan and post the letter you say you have from Duane to a friend saying he needs to lay low?

What hotels did you stay at when you were out here on your trip?
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Jo,

Zero hits on San Diego Aircraft. CONVAIR was the only major aircraft mfr in San Diego area in the 60s. It is now defunct so very little chances of getting any employment info. Most of the company records were destroyed/discarded on shutdown.

Convair was acquired by General Dynamics in 1953. Why would they destroy the records of an acquired company?

Realistically, the records were from 1953?
The IRS requires records for just a few years.

That was 55 years ago. What records would have that much value after even 25 years?

What records would have that much value after even 25 years?

Designs and patents would be of value.
Employee records would be worthless. Not even worth the shelf space to store them. Most companies have some sort of planned destruction of this type of material.

For example; http://www.ecouncil.org/records&time.htm
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"The communication log shows the aircrew telling ops that Cooper was in the lav and would be there a while. How would they know he would be there a while? I think you have two choices, Cooper must have given someone that info or the aircrew locked him in the lav and were joking about it."

Is it possible to lock the lavs from the outside? And if not or if they didn't do that, has there been any speculation to what he might have been doing in there that would help his plan? I mean, what would you want to do in a plan like this that you would have to hide from the crew in order for the plan to work? What was he doing in there? Was anything tampered with in there? I imagine they checked that lavatory out pretty good didn't they? What did they find?
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

To ALL:

Do you still have the ring he bought for you in Seattle?
What was the exact date of that purchase?

I still have the ring and I do not know the date of the purchase except to tell you that it was Sept or Oct. Warm enough to play golf, but not cold enough for a jacket...trees had not turned.

Could you scan and post the letter you say you have from Duane to a friend saying he needs to lay low?

It is a blue carbon copy and has faded. 2 pages. Remind me in a few days to do it or I will forget...I can also take it to a friend who might be able to do a better job than I could. I can also make a copy which would enhance it making it easier to read - should do that anyway.

What hotels did you stay at when you were out here on your trip?[

In Seattle it was something called the Mens Club - I think - it didn't sound like a Hotel name.

In the area of the Dalles it was a Holiday Inn (this is were he disappeared and came back at check out time dirty) - he was so late that I thought he might have had an accident. I remember it being green and we were on the backside - there were wooden picnic tables and it was an old motel in 1979 backing up to a wooded area.

Howard Johnson was also green. We spent a lots of time in motels on the road because of the territory we covered for sales so they all run together - just not something that stands out in my memory. The backside with the picnic table does because I was pacing thinking he had a wreck.

The hotel was before the dam we crossed over. He pointed to a road or said something about a road that went South - that went to Hood River and mention somethinge else about knowing someone or some cabins, but time is taking it's toll.

I do not know where we crossed over to WA. - I just remember it was high and on the East side (the passenger side) I was able to see lots of boats. I now know this was not the Bridge of the GODs - after finally seeing a picture of it. I have to presume it was the Bonneville Dam...but the picture on the web site didn't look right...but I was there in 1979 and I didn't know when the pics were made.

Thanks for all the input guys on the San Diego Aircraft - doesn't look that will go very far and Sluggo I didn't understand the meaning of your post regarding moving to St.Louis in 71. Sometimes you guys have to spell it out. Remember "Dumb Blonde Syndrome".

I'm sorry, but I need to see a body.

So do you believe Steve Fosset is still alive too?

Steve Fosset is not a wanted man. The real Cooper, if alive, would still be in hiding.

You're being disingenuous. You said you don't believe he died till someone can show you a body. Nothing to do with hiding. Everything to do with an example of how you can have an intensive search for someone and still not find them.

Huh?

Steve Fosset would be like Amelia Earhart. Neither one of them were trying to disappear so the fact they did means they probably died.

Cooper is completely different. Cooper's goal upon landing was to diappear into thin air. He did, doesn't mean he died.

Thanks Jo, I was really hopping for some exact dates so we could try and maybe get a couple receipts. I think if we had some hard evidence to put Duane in the area about the time the money was found it would be helpful. Not that it would prove he was Cooper but it would certainly add some weight to your story.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Everyone is rushing to get their taxes done at the last minute...

Hey, stop giving it away! I wanted him to try and figure it out on his own....;)

Now, if the Cooper Caper could be problem solved so easily! :ph34r:

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Thanks Jo, I was really hopping for some exact dates so we could try and maybe get a couple receipts. I think if we had some hard evidence to put Duane in the area about the time the money was found it would be helpful. Not that it would prove he was Cooper but it would certainly add some weight to your story.

The only thing I have going back are my photo albums and I did that tonight. FOR THE FIRST time I am going to change something I have said.

I have always maintained that it was FALL of 1979, but in Salt Lake City on our way to Seattle there is a picture of me wearing shorts. I had based the time on the dress I wore to a function in Seattle.

I know that it now had to be Sept or Oct - I do not remember when it starts turning cool there - since I have been living in the South since 1980. The trees are green and at Lake Tahoe I wore a long sleeve semi sheer top in a fall color. I know it was after Sept 1 because my daughter was back in school.

The new date for the Sentimental Journey now stands as Sept or Oct. I had always said Fall and thought it was late fall, but it would be very early fall. There was no activity on the lake or the river - so the tourists and kids where gone. The motels were not full. I have a tendancy to say it had to be Sept for me to have shorts on in Salt Lake.... Unless Oct of that yr was unusually warm.

You Guys asked me to go over my posts - but I prefer to go back over the memories and I started with the album...verify my memories...see if I have missed anything...remember that I knew about the Commutation of Sentence, but didn't have clue what it meant.

I am taking my time...just one thing at a time. Maybe I will find things this last look thru that I missed before or that might be view differently after several yrs and with new knowledge.

Any pictures form Oregon or Washington?

Any pictures form Oregon or Washington?

Pictures were made in Salt Lake and Tahoe. The pictures made in Seattle are inside the room - so I don't know if that will help. I do not know of any way to document the trip - other than the company whice is no longer in Seattle and I am sure its records like everyone elses have been stored or purged after 25 yrs. I don't know if it is possible to get hold of old credit card charges????

I am trying to find one of the individuals who was there to see if they remember the date. I just don't know how to find them or if they had any reason to remember the date.

The company files should state an introduction to the new computer system was made at that time - this was the purpose of the trip - to tour the new systems and to see the home office.

It was also an earned trip --- (managers only) but not the convention which had been held earlier that yr. in Vail, Co.