upndownshop

Tell me what this SkyFest is?

I met a jumper a few years ago that said he was going to hold an event and call if SkyFest at SD Chicago. I told him as long as he did not advertise it I had no problem with it. Well.......

http://www.sky-chaser.com/skydive.htm#SFEST

Summerfest and SF get confused all the time, but why would one hold a SF during Summerfest? Dallas piggied back SF after we left there and folks showed up at Dallas thinking it was SF and it wasnt. I had to deal with many emails expressing their disappointment's. Not that the Dallas event was bad, it just wasnt SF. I expect that to happen again elsewhere but why Chicago?
Has anyone else seen this?

Im not upset or complaining, just curious. the SF boogie has come up no.1 on google for about 5 years, not sure how with all the airshows out there that are much larger, but somehow we are listed first.
If this is true why would Chicago even cross market it as such? The only thing I can think of is to draw the MFRS,....but they know there is only 1 SF and I deal direct with them myself??

So anyone know who is responsible for holding a SF event? Really this can only help in most of our marketing, what Im afraid of is customers going to the "wrong" SF and being upset with me.... Does that make sense?

Besides the fact that this event celebrates my fathers 41 years in skydiving and what he gave back to the sport..

Either way I hope the event is successful and safe.

sorry, some how put this in the wrong place, where did my glasses go??:S

I'm going to guess that the person that created the webpage made a mistake, SDC wasn't advertising a "Skyfest" at all last year that I saw or any of my friends that were at Summerfest saw. The webpage isn't associated with the dropzone, its a personal page.

Its a simple mistake to make in writing up captions expecially if you are not a frequent jumper and confuse things when writing an entry at a later time.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

This is dated from 2005, which would be about the time I met this individual who mentioned SDC and SkyFest. http://media.www.dailyvidette.com/media/storage/paper420/news/2005/10/10/Features/Skydiving.Club.Takes.Members.To.New.Level-1014834-page2.shtml

Even spells it like we do.. A college skydiving club hosting a tandem weekend at SDC and Diliberto is calling it SF:S

I'm with Phreezone...anybody can make a mistake. WTH, your getting free publicity for the real Skyfest.
:)
Side note: If I see anybody other than you using the Skyfest name as related to skydiving, I will be writing and calling in about it to them.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm with Phreezone...anybody can make a mistake. WTH, your getting free publicity for the real Skyfest.
Side note: If I see anybody other than you using the Skyfest name as related to skydiving, I will be writing and calling in about it to them.

So what do you make of the article in the second link I posted? Its mentions SF and Ottawa? Again not going to make a big deal of it, just looking out for SF...

So what do you make of the article in the second link I posted? Its mentions SF and Ottawa? Again not going to make a big deal of it, just looking out for SF...

Just curious, do you have the SkyFest name-logo etc. copyrighted?

Might be something to think about...BTW how do ya spell YOUR name again? :P

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"