howardwhite

What is this cockpit? #1

Dave
I'm glad to have given you something to occupy your time on a non-jumpable New England weekend.;)
You are, of course, right. The plane is still registered, in Alaska, and yes, Rob, it has a R985 radial.
I was surprised at Pop's guess of a Staggerwing Beech. The Staggerwing's yoke (or yokes) are mounted on a central column, as, e.g. in a Twin Otter. As the exit door on a Howard is the right seat door, such a column would, I think, be kind of in the way of a jumper (often, in my limited experience, a static line student) sitting facing the rear with his back to the panel.
The other fun thing about the Howard as a student aircraft is that they had to get out and get to the bottom step of the "ladder" while holding on to the strut.

HW

Hi Howard

Not a pilot and don't doubt that the airplane is a "Howard";) We used to jump one back in the day recognize the outside of the plane but don't recall the depressed instrument panel.

Different model numbers?

One Jump Wonder