LloydDobbler

California City Stories

Seems like a good time to pick on Rapter. Ask him about the time he spotted a cross country load that was little off, like about 5-6 miles. Van Pray watched us land and actually managed to find an open patch to land the 206 in. We all loaded up but we didn't see Cary anywhere so we took off and flew back to the airport. We went out looking for him but he finally wandered in on his own about 2 hours later. I recall drinking a few beers that day!

ah yes, the para-hike, my worst spot ever, miles from the dz, but you fallowed,....you rat-bastards left me out in the desert to die, I landed out at the farm due north of the airport.
when you said "looked" for him, does that mean you stuck your head out the door of the loft and said, "nope don't see him, get me another beer"

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

A list of short stories for Cal City regulars:

The swimming pool made from Rapter and Greg Senger's pick-ups parked back to back and lined with tarps?

Danny Binge spotting a night load and instead of using the airport beacon as reference used the radio antenna out on Cal City boulevard?

The meteor shower boogie and party!

Terry Domini borrowing my second rig and having a malfunction, cutaway and malfunctioned the reserve. She landed under a line-overed 26' LoPo and strained her back. Strong offered to give me a discount if I wanted to replace it because it had large line burns all over it. I replaced with a 28' Phantom that ended up being recalled for acid mesh.

Sleeping in the Otter to make sure I didn't miss the early bird load.

Leigh Webb. Thanks! Enough said!!

I'll post more later. I would love to be there this weekend but I have a litter of puppies that would get really hungry while I was gone!

There's alot of Danny Binge stories out there, all are true. Don't know if you know it Jim, but Danny was killed in a car wreak a few years ago.
Remember the time Billy Reed and Dennis Huff both burned up there cars at the same time on the airport ? Billy was useing his to push an old sofa over to the trash dumpster. got the front of the car stuck on the sofa and buryed the rear wheels in the sand. Asked Dennis to use his car to push it back off the sofa, He too got it stuck and buryed the rear wheels. Then the exhaust pipe caught the sofa on fire. We saw the glow from over the loft and went over to see what was burning. We got there about the same time the Fire Dept. got there and both cars and the sofa were fully engulfed, Just another weekend at Skydive Cal-City.

Yeah... I'm surprised the current lot of couches in the hangar didn't wind up in the fire pit Saturday or last night... we must be getting old... :S... anyway... finally got to figure out who the hell LisaH is and see her tits too... ;)

All right Timmy, no babies hanging on the tit either, did you see the size on the log on the fire, there was no room to throw a couch on the fire, besides, that would have been to much work, I thought the sunset load worked as it should.
Wow, a dump closed on Thanksgiving, someone should write a song about that,............
some old faces showed up, Tom Cambell, Joany Mahony, Mike Deluna, Ron and Carol Satina. So we hugged after the last load, I think Philly said it best, "i've been on ash dives of old friends and didn't cry like this,...." I will miss that Dropzone.

...some old faces showed up, Tom Cambell, Joany Mahony, Mike Deluna, Ron and Carol Satina...

Ron taught my 1st jump course and put me out on my 1st static line jump & while I'm at it, and if Ron doesn't mind me saying so, Carol is a damn good lookin' woman... and smart too... ;)

HAH ! I can beat that. I was in Boyscouts with Mike DeLuna in Vegas when we were kids.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.