grimmie

Nigel Rogoff??

Does anyone out there have contact info for "Rogie".
He is the British jumper that was hurt on a demo about 9 or 10 years ago. Some of his old US pals want to say hello. I haven't seen him since the World meet in Oz,'99.

He was the guy that started me on the road to becoming an instructor. I never had any idea to do it before he took me aside and told me I had potential. 21 years later, I've been the chief instructor of Z Hills, been all over the world, got seven world records, and live in CA making my living jumping. If it hadn't been for Nigel pushing me to d o it, I'd still be a computer programmer iiving in the UK.

I last saw him at Eloy in 1996 before his accident, but since that time, he's stopped jumping. Because of complications from that accident, he lost his leg, so he hasn't really jumped since, (as far as I'm aware). I suggest that the best way to contact him is through the BPA office. I'm sure that even if he isn't a member, he's well enough known that you'll be able to get contact details for him.

Try dropping them a line at http://www.bpa.org.uk/

He is the British jumper that was hurt on a demo about 9 or 10 years ago. Some of his old US pals want to say hello. I haven't seen him since the World meet in Oz,'99.

Interesting follow-up on SkyNews.

Thousands of football fans watched in horror as Nigel Rogoff quite literally fell out of the sky after a parachute jump went tragically wrong in 2002.
But six years on he is embarking on a 3,000-mile canoe trip around the coast of Britain to raise awareness of amputees and important funds for the British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (BLESMA).

He's on facebook. Go look for him and you'll find him there.....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/latest/display.var.2311259.0.skydive_horror_survivor_to_raise_charity_funds.php

Skydive horror survivor to raise charity funds
Comment

Dressed as Santa, he was last seen by thousands of football fans plummeting to the ground in a horrific skydiving accident.

RAF serviceman Nigel Rogoff, above, was carrying out a skydiving demonstration for the fans at the home of Aston Villa football club when it went dramatically wrong and he hit the stadium roof and impacted on the pitch.

But despite losing his left leg Nigel has refused to let life pass him by and has set himself the challenge of kayaking around the British Isles.

His 4,500km journey in aid of the British Limbless Ex-service Men's Association (BLESMA), will see him in Gosport at the weekend before he sets off for Poole today.

Nigel said: "The loss of any limb or eye requires a positive focus, but with ever improving technology a prosthetic future can ensure a future full of hope and achievement.

"We aim to raise £50,000 for BLESMA so its members can actively benefit and prosper from the range of activities and support available.

"We hope to help the brave, but not forgotten British ex-service men and women to reach their full potential."

To sponsor Nigel visit ourjourney.co.za.

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live