freakbrother

Freak Brother numbers

What qualifies to become a FB. Can you qualify at a Cessna DZ ? Any fee?.........................J.................

You've been in the sport 30 years and you're not one???

He must not get out much.
FB# 2186

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Well he's not the only one... :$ I was never much for number collecting back in the daze (Yeah, I'm kicking myself in the ass right about now...) and infact still have a handfull of apps that I just never sent off (4 stack, Falcon, SCS, SCR, etc...). Hell, the only reason I got my D license was so I wouldn't catch shit DZ hopping on my 9 month X-country vaca back in '87. :P As I recall though, the only place I really needed it was at the DC4 convention at Coolidge...

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

I'm sure there are a lot of us new jumpers who are wondering the same thing. Especially those that jump at small(ish) dz's...
What DOES it take to become a FB?

You what's kinda funny? I don't really have a clue what the actual requirements are. I met Roger and Carl at Hinkley in the '70s and started jumping with them. I believe I was assigned a Freak Brother number during that time, but I didn't know it until years later. When Roger or Carl called me a Freak Brother, I thought they meant that I looked more like them than the other local jumpers (most had military style crew cuts or were at least clean cut compared to us long hairs).

Doesn't the Freak Brother web site have the requirements listed?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Ok, I looked at the application on the Freak Brother web site. It says: There must be 75% Freak Brothers on the load." So, if you can do a 4 way with 3 Freak Brothers, you can get a number. I can see that this might be difficult at a small DZ if your members aren't getting out to some boogies or other large skydiver gatherings.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I'm not much of one for collecting numbers either. I'm not a bumpy brother, or an FB. I never even sent in for my gold wings...

But I do have an NSCSA :P

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

What qualifies to become a FB. Can you qualify at a Cessna DZ ? Any fee?.........................J.................

I believe the fee is just a few Krugerrands.

;)

Jack - that was quick and subtle. A troll through the names revealed my own, which I was totally unaware of - and not a farthing, much less a krugerrand, paid.

An award far more decorous, not to mention unnumbered, was the T-shirt given to confident, free-spirited ladies by The Herd, surely the most imaginative and fun-loving bunch in the history of skydiving. Anyone out there who still has one tucked away somewhere? Ah, the days of simple pleasures.
Hoop