howardwhite

Jump Aircraft for static lines

I had to look close after reading the caption. There IS a second jumper in the rear seat besides the jumpmaster!

I'll have to show this to all the T6 pilots I pack for around here that won't let me jump out of their airplanes.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Yeah, it had to be in Kissimme. I don't know when the T6 was replaced by a 182 but my first jump in Oct. 1969 was from the Cessna, thank god. Later Jimmy moved to Eustis and then Umatilla, where he passed away. The Cessna stayed with him till the end.

Tom McCann

Yes, it was in Kissimmee, FL (1966); I took that picture of the T-6 and my Dad was the pilot. The cover photo was even better; Jimmy Godwin crawled out near the tip of the left wing (as my Dad laid the stick over to the right) and he dove over the front edge! Please scan the Cover Picture and post it! Yes, they could cram three (3) jumpers in the back (because the backseat controls had been removed)... and occasionally a couple of Jimmy's students would fight and throw each other out of the airplane and I would get knocked in the face in the process... bunch of Kissimmee rednecks!

fredmeister, (son of the T-6 Pilot w/the same name)