howardwhite

Tiger Moth 8-way attempt

These pictures are from a 1978 Free Fall Kiwi, the New Zealand parachute mag (how's that for an obscure sourceB|).

A combination of low ceiling and bureaucracy foiled the attempt of an 8-way from 8 Tiger Moths in formation, but the pictures are nice.

(If you ever get to jump one, here's the recommended drill. You're in the front seat. On jump run, stand on the seat and hold onto the bar over your head. The pilot now goes into a loop; at the top -- maybe 1,000 feet higher -- he pops the stick as you let go and are projected down. It's a hoot.)

HW

Damn, those jumpsuit in the third pic ROCK. does anybody have any left or a sewing pattern of them. A manufacturer s name would also be good ;)

Nice, REALLY nice!!!!!

You don't need a parachute to jump but YOU DO if want to do it again.

Damn, those jumpsuit in the third pic ROCK

I see B 4's, plastic handles and blast handles, capewells and R 3's. Anything else?
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

Damn, those jumpsuit in the third pic ROCK

I see B 4's, plastic handles and blast handles, capewells and R 3's. Anything else?

Belly Bands?
Is one of those cut-away/main release systems a "flip-flop"? third guy from the left

I was also going to note they were attempting an 8-way with only 7 jumpers, but then gave the benifit of the doubt that the 8th guy (or gal) was the one that took the 3rd picture. :P:D

Well I recognise several of the names, even though I didnt recognise the faces. Ross Jamison put me out on my first jump. From a three engine Dehavalin (sp?) Drover. It was on the way up for a NZ 8 way team dive and several of the others in that pic were also on the NZ team.

I think that was Chris Pine, Haven't seen him for yonks.
Other brother is Andy. He runs a DZ at Danneverk and is still very active in the sport.
Andy and Rob both show up for most events but I believe they don't see much of Chris.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI