howardwhite

Olde pictures

*** Wow. When was that taken?

I'm not sure. The slides were in a storage trailer at Pepperell, MA, but I'm thinking they (the ones of Bird & co) might have taken at Tahlequah or Waggoner, OK during nationals in mid-seventies. I will ask (again) the people who have them and presumably took them. Or maybe I should just them to Jerry and ask him.

HW

Can I play?

Name these peeps. :P

ltdiver

I just stumbled across this thread. In the "Park Demo" picture, that looks like Dick Higley on his knee waving. Anybody seen Dick? Is he still around?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

OK, here are some more, but these are in worse condition, despite liberal application of film cleaner:S.
CaptHook is another view of the Sky Pirates; Al Krueger and Hank Asciutto nearest the door. By the way, I've learned that these were probably taken at one of the Tahlequah nationals, perhaps at the small "practice" DZ in Waggoner.
GCS is probably also at Tahlequah and I assume GCS stands for Greene County Skydiving.
DC3 is in really rough shape but has a certain nostalgia, no?
Group is another bunch in front of the Beech. I don't recognize any of them.

HW

GCS is the Greene County tent, that is Jim West in the center with his back to camera.
The group shot in front of the Beech is a Greene County team. I recognize all the faces but can't put names with all of them.
Back row 1st Steve Adams 2nd Allen Godfry of Greene Star, then Mike Howard, Jim West, and can't remember the next, last guy went to school with my brother but don't remember his name.
Front row 1st Ed Mosher of Brand X jumpsuits second might be Dave Briar, and 3rd is Dennis Downey.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!

In the Old3 picture that could be Mike Johnston in the SST prepull-out pilot chute.in red and black. He was with the Jump Shack before going to USPA. He toured with Jack Gregory doing AFFI courses then too before going to Deland. Bob Branch owned a DC-3 out of Indiana that also toured Boogies.He was also with Exitus {Evcite-us} a four state team.

Just came across this thread. In Bird5 my guesses of Tommy Owens and Jim Wallace were confirmed by other posts, and the sitting guy in the yellow tank top looks like maybe Mike Sheerin.

The question i have is, well, they all look kinda serious, and Tommy Owens looks like he's gazing intently at something and he has his camera... might that indicate that somebody's bounced?

In Nick's 'Freedom Bridge' pic, the guys in the back are Lane Kent (with the hat) and John Starr. The girl with Don is Dana (I think that was her name), his girlfriend at the time. I took her on a tandem once. And the guy sitting at the right of the pic is Simon 'Jake" Jakeman, author of the book 'Groundrush'.

Re Bird9 photo...left to right...Garry Carter, Jake "Bond" Lombard, Mike Hurren (behind Jake), don't know, Steve Haas, Craig Fronk (RW), Charlie Shields, Jim Fonnesback.

Mike Hurren - deceased.
Charlie Shields, black belt martial arts - deceased.

Jim Fonnesbeck living in St George Utah , no longer jumping.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Your right, Tijuana's 100th Birthday Fair demo.

Your right about Dick Pedley. He filmed the tandem of the local news caster Artimesa and died two weeks later downtown LA. He was a great guy.

A trevia. Which one is Pelon's so Rico on his 14th jump and 5th demo in Mexico?

The PRI Governor and Tijuana's Mayor is in the same photo. Another photo was taken a year later with me and Manny Moya presenting the Mexican Flag to the 1st PAN party Governor Ernusto Ruffo.

Recognise Mongo, Pelon, Joe Dela Garza and many others?

The lineup with multicolored jump suits is the one zero zero (100) formation.
Tony Brogdon
D-12855