1 1
pcrt

Spring Creek Parachute Ranch Waller TX

Finally found my old pictures of SCPR which date from 1977. I put these up quickly on my web site so please excuse any inaccuracies.

Over 200 pics here so please be patient as they take some time to load.

http://www.pauls-online.org/photos/scpr/

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Paul,
after all our exchanges of stories and photos, I realize that when I first showed up at Spring Creek I had no license. I was told that I had to have a license to jump there, so..................they gave me the current version of the SIM, or what ever it was called back then, I looked it over (for a very short time because it was so dry) took the test, and while grading it was told I could not miss any more, the grading ended. They Faxed my license in, it was now pending, and I was able to jump B| This was Oct 1978 and I had 66 jumps.

This is how I earned my "A" License.

Good Times!!!
Thanks for the great jumps and life long memories!!!!

Arvel

BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Pretty impressive since you only had 66 jumps. I had only 136 jumps. It was my 8th square jump (cobra10), my first silly suit jump (I weighed 130lbs). We did a 4 man star with Carl Quafford and Landon Kelsey from 8500' and I noted in my log book "Arvel put some nice flying on me". Not bad considering the cement trucks we wore on our backs.B|

Oh. BTW. I didn't have a license either. My first and only license I've ever had is my C. I hate paper work!

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Dude!!! That Rocks!!! I thought you guys were turning points around me, I was just holding a heading and turning 90 right or left :P I will never forget being the only guy to land out and walking back in with the BIGGEST S**teating Grin on my face!!!

Good Times!!!!

Thanks for the flash back Paul,

Stay safe and welcome back to the sport, I am sure we will cross paths again B|

Arvel

BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Closer to Houston. At the corner of Becker (I think) Rd. and 2920.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The name sounds familiar, but I'm afraid that doesn't mean much. I'm not very good at remembering people for some reason. It's kind of embarrassing, but there it is...

I wasn't much of a regular at Spring Creek, and don't think I jumped there after early 1979.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wendy,
You were at the jumpmaster /instructor cert. course
when,Jerry Sobeski got his rating. Maybe 1981.I remember cause, I had eaten something dead two days before that would not come out, I was backed up to my eyeballs, after getting through my lecture portion, I felt so relieved I didn't screw up, I relieved myself at the facility, as I was walking out you were going in, I remember rthinking she's going to remember this.
Remember?

Bottom right hand corner. You can still see the runway going west to east. The DZ was located just South from AJ Foyt's Horse racetrack. Look closely and you can see it. AJ showed up at the DZ a few times. He would have his out of town company park their planes at the DZ.

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

SCPR struggled after the crash of the Holy Ghost (Our white C-182) in which John Lee and others were killed. I'm unsure as to how long Laird continued to jump there, or who took it over. Spaceland was rapidly growing at that time and we moved our team there in order to get more jumps. I know Laird considered SCPR to be his home DZ. It was a really laid back family of jumpers there. Everyone at SCPR was very friendly and they had great after sunset parties.

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

It went on for awhile longer; I think that happened in 1978. I was mostly but not entirely jumping there then. Larry Gallic was on that load, too. They were coming back from a boogie in the Dallas area, weren't they?

Wendy P.

wmw999

It went on for awhile longer; I think that happened in 1978. I was mostly but not entirely jumping there then. Larry Gallic was on that load, too. They were coming back from a boogie in the Dallas area, weren't they?

Wendy P.

Yes that's correct. They were returning from Dallas where there had been a meet. Houston had blanket fog and they were unsure where they were at. They tried to get under what they thought were clouds and ended up hitting trees. John Lee. Larry (Foghorn) Gallic, Steve Moss and his girlfriend (can't remember her name) were all killed instantly.

pics - "The Holy Ghost" with student Steve Moss and Tenafly

peas - John Lee 1977

~Paul Creel SCS-5015