winsor

Hutch/Skydog

I just received word that Richard Hutchinson succumbed to cancer yesterday.

He was the prime mover of the Skydog Skydiving Club, which is dedicated to having safe, fun skydives with jumpers of all experience levels. The club had gone dormant as his health took priority.

I am honored to have known him as a friend, and feel lucky to have spent such time with him as I could.

He was one of the good guys, and he will be missed.

BSBD,

Winsor
  • Like 1

I just received word that Richard Hutchinson succumbed to cancer yesterday.

He was the prime mover of the Skydog Skydiving Club, which is dedicated to having safe, fun skydives with jumpers of all experience levels. The club had gone dormant as his health took priority.

I am honored to have known him as a friend, and feel lucky to have spent such time with him as I could.

He was one of the good guys, and he will be missed.

BSBD,

Winsor

Damn...we are dropping like flies.
Go easy Hutch. :(

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I never got to meet Hutch in person, but we corresponded about the Skydogs and he made me the area rep for FL. Rocky Evans' old dz, Flagler Aviation, was a certified Dog Zone.

Just another hole in my heart.[:/]

Woof.
Hutch was a really good guy, and will leave a hole here. He hadn't been jumping much lately, because he was too busy doing other things, rather than just waiting.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)
  • Like 1

Attached is the only photo I have of Hutch. With the bandana and sunglasses, it doesn't do much to identify him.

He was a great guy, and we've known this day was coming from as long as a year ago, but it's still a shock.

About six months ago he showed up at Skydive Houston and was giving away all his old skydiving t-shirts, magazines and jumpsuits. So we knew the time was getting closer.

Hutch served as a lieutenent in the Army in Vietnam.

RIP
  • Like 1

Heard of the Skydog Skydiving Club when in Snohomish WA from the Seattle Skydivers there. Never met Hutch, but knew he started the whole mess of "The first word in funnel is fun" stuff.

I remember my initiation jump into the club and stil hold my card. SD #626.

Thanks Hutch for making a then newbie feel welcomed and loved. Still have my Skydog Skydiving mug and t-shirt. "Wuffo?" "Becuzican!" B| Cool guy.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

• Like 1

Oh man...I just got the notice too.

I haven't seen Hutch in a few years (mostly saw him at Z-hills), but he was quite the guy! We used to trade military stories...and he always had some to tell.

I'm going to miss him.

I'll look for some other photos. I know I have some around the campfire in Z-hills.

Mo Lester

I got word yesterday that the great man had passed away, due to a email for his memorial service in texas.

It is very sad to see this happened but I am glad to have know Skydog. As you say this was the man with the focus on safe and happy skydives, always giving away good vibes. The last time I met him and his swedish girlfriend, I had the opportunity to hire him as an LO at the Hercules Boogie in Sweden - and he really worked his ass off to keep his bunch ( +100 kg) very happy and satisfied.

I will really really miss him and his bear hugs

Wooff
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"