howardwhite

Dick Enarson, D-226

I learned today of the death of Dick Enarson, D-226. Here's what I received from Kim Emmons Knor, D-221, who forwarded it from his wife, Janet.

HW

=====
Funeral services are pending for Richard L. Enarson , 70, of Lake Park, Iowa and formerly of Antioch, California. He died January 28, 2007 at the Spirit Lake Regional Hospital. He is the son of Russell and Catherine Enarson.

Richard was born on February 26, 1936 in San Francisco, CA. He served 20 years in the army and retired as a military chief warrant officer. He was an active pilot and flew many missions in Vietnam. He was also an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Helicopter pilot, Parachutist, and a Master Parachute Rigger. He was always flying "in the Company of Eagles," as he put it.

Surviving is his wife Janet Enarson of Lake Park, IA; daughter Linda Enarson and husband Jay Wooten of Jacksonville, FL son Mark Enarson of Antioch, CA and his children Jason and Michael; step-children Layton and Michelle Vick of Spirit Lake, IA; Elizabeth Vick-Hermann and husband Rolf of Switzerland; Paul Vick of Troy, MO; and LaRonna Hibbs of Milford, IA

=====

Here is a portion of the note from his wife:

Just a short note to let you know that Dick passed away Sunday morning the 28th at 2 am. He suffered a massive stroke and didn't recover and was in no pain.

We are in the process of getting the necessary paperwork done for him to be buried at Arlington National Cemetery. It was his wish to be cremated by the Neptune Society. I will try to keep you informed as to when the service will be. We will also have a memorial service in CA. for him at a later date.

It is a huge loss for us and we are coping the best we can.

Until later with more news,

Janet

Thanks for this, Dick was my mentor and friend. I jumped with Janet on her tandem. I'll definitely miss him.

and I'd appreciate anything you hear about services in California.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.