mjosparky

Phil Christman passes

After a long illness, old time skydiver, Air Trash bro and good friend Phil Christman died this morning.

Michael

Geeezus. The past couple of weeks our old friends are passing in crowds.

Go easy on your way Phil.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Thank you to all of the friends of my father who remember him for his sense of humor, crazy skydives (low pulls, BASE jumps, Night BASE #5) and loyal friendship. He loved you all and we will all mourn his loss. I loved my daddy and he taught me so much - I will forever miss him. Blue Skies Daddy - Love Patty:(
Splat63

One of my favorite stories -- this was in the early 80's.

I showed up at Perris with the little sister of one of my co-workers who had expressed an interest in skydiving. She was going to wait out on the landing area to take photos of us landing.

Phil came up to me and asked if I wanted to get on a load. A nude 20 way.

What an intro to the sport for my co-worker's sister! She never started skydiving, but it got her in the mood for other fun.

Phil- you are missed.

Blue Skies forever.

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

Dear Patty,
What do I say to the daughter of one of the funniest, if not THE funniest guys on the planet? I'm rarely speechless, but this is a tough one!
I can only imagine the memories you must have of your Daddy on and off the DZ. I'm sure they are many and will get you through the days ahead. I'm so glad that I called him on his Birthday 2 yrs ago. The conversation was of course priceless. I reminded him of the Dean Barry incident in his van, where Dean threw up and your Dad was trying ever so hard to get the puke off the windshield, (til he realized that the mess was on the inside.) I WILL NEVER FORGET IT!:)Thanks for the memories Phil !!!!!!

The skydiving community has lost alot of people since the 70's. I often think that there is one hell of a party going on in the BIG DZ in the sky. :)

Now my thought is this.............

WITH THE PASSING OF PHIL CHRISTMAN, THE PARTY HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN............

My prayers are with you, and THANK YOU for sharing your Daddy with us. I am a better person for having known him. GOD BLESS YOU :):) & Norm
Sandy