longtall

Trever Busst

Damn, brought a smile and a tear to my eye.

Who the heck else would it be?;)

Thanks.

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Another Trevor tale....
When Trevor would get up in the morning, he would invariably make a cup of tea.
As long as he lived with me, he had the same routine every morning, he would take a mug, drop a teabag in it, boil a pot of water and when hot would pour water into the mug until it overflowed.
Then, taking his spoon, would shovel five or six tablespoons of sugar into the cup, causing, of course, the tea to flow up and out of the cup all over the table creating a pool of tea.
Then, going to the fridge, he would grab the 1/2 & 1/2 and pour a great dollop into the cup, further overflowing the cup and adding to the pool of tea on the table.
I estimate that he quite likely had as much tea on the table as in the mug which would then overflow the table and hit the floor.
As many times as I tried to change this particular morning ritual, he would get up in the morning and do it all over again, usually drinking his tea while walking out the door to go to work leaving a river of spilled tea for me to clean up.
That's not all though, when Trevor had a ladyfriend stay over up in the shrimp net strung from the ceiling, he would become quite chivalrous and endeavor to take the young lady a cuppa as well and would then climb the rope ladder, with two cups of overflowing tea in his hands, and would thus splatter tea all over the front room floor and furniture.
He was always puzzled that I took offense to his liberal applications of tea to my apartment and eventually I gave up on trying to modify his behavior. The tea stains on the table, floor and living room remained long after he moved away.

Hi lodestar,

Another Trevor tale . . .

He was in this part of the world for awhile & living at Ted Mayfield's dz. There was a competition up at Snohomish, WA so Trevor & Ted drive up & get a motel room together.

During the 'normal' Saturday night party Ted finds a female & goes over to her place. Well, when the party ended Trevor, who is now three sheets to the wind, gets a ride to the motel but once he gets there he realizes he does not have a key to the room ( way before electronic keys and of course the manager has said, 'You only get one key.' ). So he shoulders the door, taking right off of its hinges. So then he gently puts the door back in place & it is balancing there ever so precariously & he goes to bed.

Then, in the wee hours of the morning Ted gets back to the room to get a shower, some food & back to the competition. Ted gets out 'the' key & just barely starts to put it into the lock and the door falls completely in.

This, of course, wakes up Trevor and now they have a small problem. So they put the door back into place once again and leave without checking out of the motel.

I would like to have seen the face of the cleaning lady when she went to open that door. B|

There was only one Trevor Busst!!!!!!

JerryBaumchen