longtall

Trever Busst

Say;
I just saw Trever Busst's name on the FB web-site. He was the first to pin me over Indiana back in the day. Does anyone know if hes still around and jumping?...................................................J.......
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

Say;
I just saw Trever Busst's name on the FB web-site. He was the first to pin me over Indiana back in the day. Does anyone know if hes still around and jumping?...................................................J.......

I remember Trever from his days at the Sky Knights SPC in East Troy, WI. He passed away from natural causes many years ago. He was quite a character in his day.

It's Trevor,ya bloody wanka, Trevor Buest.
He passed away 11-12 years ago this Thankgiving.
He was living down by the KSC at the time and was noticing himself short of breathe during his morning walk to the beach. The doc told him he would need another triple bypass and Trevor told the doc that he would rather fucking die than go through that again. The doc told him to get his affairs in order cause he had about a month left. The doc was rather optomistic. Two weeks later he was in Beloit WI cleaning out his storage locker. He got together with a bunch of his old friends and we went out to supper that night. Ended up back at Mark Scharres and Nancy McCoy's house. Trevor and Greg went downstairs into the front yard to set off some fireworks. Trevor lit the fuse on his, turned around and walked back to the porch, dropped his flashlight and collapsed into a chair. We brought him inside where the Sharres brothers started immediate CPR and called an ambulance. Alas, it was to late do to anything for the old boy. The autopsy revealed about 95% occlusion in his arteries. The doctor told us he was surprised he made it that long.
We miss the "Bloody Taswegian." He was one of a kind
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I'd heard that from Mark & Nancy. :(

I knew Trevor from the Air Show circuit, "Bloody Bombs are where is at mate" :ph34r:

The best story I ever heard was at an air show one time, one of the team members keeps looking at Trev, thinking they had met 'someplace' along the line.

The two of them shared some conversation and started laughing hysterically.

Turns out my team mate was 'somewhere' years before driving around lost, looking for the DZ...no one around in the middle of nowhere on some gravel road, he stopped to ask some hippie riding a bicycle...

....with TWO flat tires and 3 cases of beer in the front basket.....where the dropzone is located.

The 'Hippie' gave directions and my buddy drove off....two hours later, Trevor comes pedaling in to the DZ on the bike!
:o

Embarrassed, my buddy went up to him and apologised for not offering a ride...
"If I would have known you were a skydiver, I would have given you a lift", my team mate said...

As Trevor pulled a huge bag of mother earths finest from his shorts and threw it on the beer, he said,
"And if I'd known you weren't a cop, I'd have asked for one!" :ph34r::ph34r:

They were laughing so hard because when my fellow team member walked up to him, the FIRST thing Trev said, all those years later was....

You still look like a cop!

...and my buddy replied, and you still look like a HIPPIE !

Small world isn't it! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Trevor would occasionally put in appearances at the MSUSPCDZ in Charlotte where my brother and I started jumping. I always got on with him well because he usually had some of "Mother Nature's best" with him, but Trevor generally managed to piss off some of the "big kids" there and wasn't the most popular viistor to that dz.
Zing Lurks

Then this was the same guy that would walk down the dairy aisle of a grocery store, snap the cap off of a whipped cream can hold it upright in his nose tip the nozzle until all the nitrous came out giggle a little put the cap back on stick it back in the rack and walk away guy. Always wondered what happened to him

Then this was the same guy that would walk down the dairy aisle of a grocery store, snap the cap off of a whipped cream can hold it upright in his nose tip the nozzle until all the nitrous came out giggle a little put the cap back on stick it back in the rack and walk away guy. Always wondered what happened to him

Probably is...but Hell...that could describe any number of skydivers! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Right Zing, Trevor was a Sphincter Brother.

Was fortunate enough to receive a visit from Trevor shortly before...
We rode the tractor, enjoyed the farm, hung out in the woods.

Couldn't start to describe all the jumps we made. Harness hold students, Trevor invented AFF Ya know.

All those night jumps, once Trevor covered himself with cool lights and when they crawled out most of the cool lights blew off. Of course away we all went from the chase plane chasing cool lights. I looked up and saw the base still on the plane, they got a 4 way :-)

Team jumps, demo's. I vaguely remember that bicycle with the flat tires story I think. North Vernon maybe?

I'll never forget the last jump I made with him, 4 way pre star with Ben, me, Trevor and Bird followed by a really nice 25 way, Dick Pigg was there too. All Trevor would talk about was that 4 way :-)
Trevor is the only Sphincter Brother not still with us.

I miss him something fierce.

Howard Sphincter

Photo by Carl Nelson

I've seen that photo somewhere before...is it in one of the Skies Call books? Is that Roger Nelson at 9 o'clock in the base?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I don't know where I'd start the Trevor stories. There are a lot to remember. Those last couple of years we had a hell of a time running several Bungee sites throughout the states.

Trevor was always lookng to do a better bomb when we were doing Pyro at the airshows, he'd look at me and mutter "let's bloody launch this thing" right after being told "no more trying to lanch these things", then he'd mosey over and slide an extra stick of dynamite under the gas;)

I think the tyimne I laughed the hardest at him, not with him, was when he was over visiting one time. I used to raise big snakes and had a big room in the basement that I kept them in. He came over for feeding nite, when we would open a few beers and toss rabbits in the snake room for entertainment. Well one of my big pythons wasn.t feeling real good, he was getting ovfer a fungus thing, And Trevod sticking his face down in the snakes space and talking shit. The snake hissed at him a couple oftimes, really sounded more like a growl and I was telling Trevor not to screw with him, as if that would do any good. Well instantly the next time he bent down the snake stuck out, stopping an inch in front of Trevors face with it's mouth wide open, now in this pose it mouth was open as tall as trevors head. He goes straight up and starts back pedalling in midair like in the cartoons and literally moves back like four feet and falls in an easy chair. I busted up laughing as he turns grey and can hardly breath. After a couple of seconds he looks up at me and says "bloody hell"

I miss the ole fuck...
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I was a pilot and rigger at zhills in the late 60's. met trevor there. eventually he moved in with me in a one bedroom apartment in temple terrace florida, his idea was to hang a shrimp net from the ceiling and live in that....he did...
The funniest thing would be when he would bring a lady home with him...I often awoke to arguments at three in the morning as he tried to persuade the lady to climb the rope ladder up into the net...
For a time i lived in jacksonville florida and trevor visited often, he was then into bungee jumping and had a summer concession on the wisconsin illinois border.
Sad to hear of his death...his big plan was to get Raliegh bycycles to give him money and bycycles to ride from the us to rio..never happened...but he tried all the time...
good memories thanks...