2 2
skyjack71

D B Cooper Unsolved Skyjacking

Attention Old Timers:

:) Billy Nolan on the list in Dr. Echo's list of early divers. Does anyone have a photo of this guy? Does anyone know if he ever lived in Georgia.

:)a man named Bill Nolan from the 70's - was an old friend of Duane's. Just need to know if my Bill Nolan and Billy Nolan are one and the same.

:|This man would be deceased today because of his age in the photo taken in the mid to late 70's.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

:)Seeking information regarding a Ray Griffin - not sure of the spelling - would probably be deceased now.

:| Is there anyway to find out if a Ray Griffin was ever listed as a skydiver?

Other names I am looking for in relation to skydiving are: G. Cowee, D. Cosgrove, B. Shepard and B Groover.

:)Seeking information regarding a Ray Griffin - not sure of the spelling - would probably be deceased now.

:| Is there anyway to find out if a Ray Griffin was ever listed as a skydiver?

You might try contacting USPA... www.uspa.org
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

PICTURES - I HOPE:

1970 - A black and white made in Columbia, S.C. - showing he was in excellent physical condition.
Please NOTE his stance - this is very important.
NOTE: Also that the hair is grey in this poor quality picture.
(I believe he may have been jumping in that area under another name.

For what it's worth, Jo, I was jumping at various DZs in the Carolinas during that time period, and I can tell you that he would have really stood out as a "really old guy" at that point--from either photo. Most of the active skydivers were in their 20s, and the typical "old guy" was in their 30s. The POPS eligible jumpers (Parachutists Over Phorty Society) were few and far between ... and tended to be well known by everyone. They were a novelty, if you will, and most had great stories. If he was jumping in that area, at that time, someone's likely to remember him.

I am still waiting for Cossey to send the pictures I asked him to send.

Should anyone out there to whom I am sending a private email not wish to receive them - please let me, know so I can remove you from my address book.

Can anyone get me any information on these men.
Ed Hurand (spelling uncertain - had something to with flying or jumping in the Or, Wa, Idahoe, Nv or Mx areas), Bill Nolan, Ray Griffin (believe he had a pilots license), G Cowee, D Cosgrove, B Shepard, B. Groover. The last 4 hailed from the Atlanta Area in 1970's.

Griffin last known to be in Fl. probably deceased. Hurand also deceased - very important I find something about his history. Jumpers in that area Please show the pic of Ed around at the DZ's.

Any help anyone can give me is appreciated.

:PReceived several copies of photos from Cossey today. He knew what I was looking for and he circled a couple of the items - I wish he had not done that.

:SThe items circled are very close to what was in the drawer except the connection between the two items, I seem to remember as looking more narrow than what he showed. Remember that I held them in my hand and I really need to do that. Perhaps time has taken its toll.

:(The quality of the photo copies are not such they would copy well enough to post so I will not try. I do appreciate his efforts and those of you who helped me to contact him. He did tell me that he thinks I am Crazy. Of course everyone is in agreement to that and even I am beginning to think so.

I haven't given up - at this moment I am trying to find a woman who knew Duane - I was told that if I found her I would find answers to some of what I have been seeking.

:o Of Interest to some: Duane's connection to another crime has created a great deal of interest to a well known writer and investigative attorney - this gentleman has done a lot of research on this other crime - his investigation and my own suddenly hit a common nerve...a few months ago. Now, it seems there is more of a connection than we first thought.

:|
Today I received a phone call from the FBI - they are returning the DNA items retrieved 4 yrs ago on March 28, 2003. I do not know what that means regarding my search.

:oThe items from the plane had been handled by many (there was no DNA testing at that time) and the cigarette butts lost (per agent Ralph Hope, the agent of record after I went public in 2000). :PThis agent on national TV took credit for information found by a reporter and myself - after he had told me that that my husband had never been in McNeil Island Federal Prison nor had he ever been in the Army - both of which I had black and white government documentation stating otherwise.

He never apologized for this, but would later admitted that my records were correct.

I have tried many times to go to that site and as soon as I hit Part 1 - my computer freezes? I have tried to access this site for several months from my home and a library computer. Why?

Yes, I am aware of that hoax - note that I have not taken any monies for any interviews and I have had tremendous expenses incurred in my search. I am too old to play games - I want the truth about Cooper and Duane Weber.

Okay, first make sure you have the free Adobe Reader installed on your computer, you probably do, but if not you'll need it to read PDF files, you can get it here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Also these are rather large files so if you are on a slow internet connection it may seem the computer froze when it's really downloading the file.

Try this; Right click your mouse on the file name and in the box that pops up left click on "save target as" another file box will pop up (make a note of the file name and which directory it's being saved to) and click ok.

You should then see a box that lets you know the file is actually downloading. If you are on a slow connection, like a modem, and not high speed cable, go make a pot of coffee and clean the bathroom, when you come back it will be done.

If you are on a cable just give it more time. Also at the library there many be some type of blocking software in place.

NickD :)BASE 194

"I received a phone call from the FBI - they are returning the DNA items retrieved 4 yrs ago on March 28, 2003"

:oThursday March 29, 2007, they arrived with the DNA evidence. I have not viewed the contents and they gave me no report.

[:/] The agent (who did not know who DB Cooper was) said there were no fingerprints. No fingerprints at all? No fingerprints that matched the crime scene? or No fingerprints that matched Duane L. Weber's FBI file?

:PHe could not answer that question.

B|They called back late afternoon (I had left to go to the grocery) to let me know they accidentally left some papers in the box. I did not get home until 6 - their office was closed.

:)
:|The evidence was collected from me on March 28, 2003 and the first test they did was Nov 27, 2006. Note: the date when I first started posting to this site? Nov 2006.

:|March 28 2003 to March 29 2007 - they had the materials in their possession for 3 yrs and 7 months before they ran the first test?

Hopefully I will receive some clarification of what the agent meant. If he meant no prints at all - something is wrong. If he meant no prints that matched the crime scene - feasible.

:oIf he meant no prints that matched Duane's FBI file - I have contended for yrs that Duane's print file was altered in Jefferson City Federal Pen. in 1967 as were those of James Earl Ray (the wives of Ray and Duane lived together near the prison). Ray received a phone call from a man by the name of Collins at his work place in CA. Ray knew Duane as John C. Collins.
The altering of Ray's fingerprint file and the phone call from Collins is documented in the Ray files.

>:(Saturday March 31, 2007: I am more than just a little pissed at the FBI - I am fighting mad.

:PI lived my life trusting people and our government, but I have become aware our government agencies are not always on the up and up. When I put things right out in front that cannot be ignored ---there is only one answer for the reactions of our law enforcement and governing agencies - cover-up for past actions? Some live on to this day.

:oWhy wasn't Cooper caught? Certain people knew who he was, but he was Holding. Information important enough that he was allowed to live his life out. Was Duane L. Weber smart enough to buy his own insurance policy? Was Cooper collecting what he felt he was owed for services rendered?

Now I am the one who has been HOLDING - The insurance Duane retrieve in 1982 or 1983 from its hiding place - only to hide it again. I did not know the significance until 5 yrs ago. Now I know more than I should. I know you guys think I am talking in riddles, but there is someone out there who knows exactly what I am talking about...(clue) snapping a pine cone from its host over 100 yards away?

I said it - I finally said it. Thanks to all of you out there who have been so supportive - you are a great bunch of guys.

April 6, 2007: I just received a communication from an young man who has been following my story for sometime. This is what he had to say:

:)does not take 4 years to analyze DNA. That's my first point."

:|"Second, when they splice DNA, they actually destroy it in the process. If you gave them a strand of hair, for example, you could not expect that back..." He was right - I received an empty bag labeled hair.

B|"Third, why now? Is it from all the message posts you've left, the constant emails and inquiries... let's face it, the FBI looks like a bunch of fools pertaining to this case. I know they're worried about domestic terror, but given their track record and seeing what they've failed to do in this case (which is honestly investigate your obvious lead), it doesn't instill any level of confidence with me or I'm sure many others like me."

I added the smileys and the bold type. I have heard this from others, but he said it best.

:|The evidence was collected from me on March 28, 2003 and the first test they did was Nov 27, 2006. Note: the date when I first started posting to this site? Nov 2006.

:|March 28 2003 to March 29 2007 - they had the materials in their possession for 3 yrs and 7 months before they ran the first test?

Agent stated that they found no prints?????

:oIf he meant no prints that matched Duane's FBI file - I have contended for yrs that Duane's print file was altered in Jefferson City Federal Pen. in 1967 as were those of James Earl Ray (the wives of Ray and Duane lived together near the prison). Ray received a phone call from a man by the name of Collins at his work place in CA. Ray knew Duane as John C. Collins.
The altering of Ray's fingerprint file and the phone call from Collins is documented in the Ray files.

In the bags returned to me only one was Empty... The one with the hair in it. I have been told the DNA process would have destroyed the hair.
Some items they returned I threw away because they were too bulking to keep - such as 8 track tapes.

I am in the process or requesting more information regarding what the agent said from the FBI. As usual this takes time.

:|DNA was in the possession of the FBI for 3 yrs and 7 months before they ran the 1st test - just days after I started to post to this forum.
This alone sounds ODD to me. Do you guys think it was because of my posting in this forum?

:oThe truth needs to be told...but what is the truth? Will the truth ever be known? At this time it would take something indisputable to convince me Duane was not Cooper. If that should happen then so be it -in 12 yrs no one has presented me with any concrete evidence that he was not Cooper.

:DIf the FBI has such evidence don't you think it would be in good conscience to share it with someone who has used up the prime of her life in the pursuit of the truth and has taken NO compensation - other than a trip to WA in 2001 to film a documentary on Cooper.

[reply

:DIf the FBI has such evidence don't you think it would be in good conscience to share it with someone who has used up the prime of her life .

That statement right there sums up the sadness of this whole thread.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.