2 2
skyjack71

D B Cooper Unsolved Skyjacking

Yes, the BLACK & WHITE was taken in 1970 and the colored photo in 1971. STRANGE isn't it. I have yet another photo to post that was taken in 1968 and you will find that even more odd. He was a chameleon. Wait till you see other photos taken during our marriage of 17 yrs. I am down in my back and not able to sit at the computer very long tonight, but within a few days you will see more photos.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Please NOTE his stance - this is very important.

Okay, I'll bite. Why is it important?

Mark

Look closely at the legs - they seem to bend backwards....It is not prominent unless you are looking for it. I have often wanted to know if one of the witnesses, especially Tina Mucklow noticed this as she watched him preparing the chutes and the bundle which he tied to himself. Was this ever mentioned to the FBI? Not that I am aware of.

There was something else (not the legs) about Cooper that was never revealed by the FBI, but was told to Doug Pasternak by the artist who did the composite regarding something about Cooper's features.

When I was talking to Doug (he was a reporter for the US News and World Reports) -I immediately blurted out what it was before Doug could tell me.
It was the deciding moment that caused me to go public in 2000. There is no way I could have picked this one thing about Duane that would be the exact thing that the artist felt that he was not able to depict. I know that chills went up and down my spine from my head to my heals and still do every time I remember that moment and that conversation.

I cannot reveal what it is to the public, because I would like to hear one of the stewardesses say it myself. Tina has refused to look at pictures of Duane and I have not forced them on her - she was a young girl and this was a traumatic thing for her.

I am always hoping she will change her mind or that a friend will encourage her to look at the Photos of Duane L. Weber (not the photos that the FBI has, but the photos that I am revealing).

In reply to the many private emails that I have recieved. Duane was in the NAVY and recieved a BAD CONDUCT Discharge and a few months later he was in the ARMY. Status of ARMY discharge unknown.

I am at this site to see if anyone can put him at a drop zone from 1945 until 1971. My sole purpose in being on this site is to accomplish that one thing that the FBI failed to do - except that I have something the FBI didn't have. ACTUAL PHOTOS of a suspect and not a composite.

I need for ALL OF YOU TO HELP get these PHOTOS to as many old TIMERS as possible - especially those who do not have access to or use a computer.

Duane was in the NAVY and received a BAD CONDUCT Discharge and a few months later he was in the ARMY.

A Bad Conduct Discharge must be adjudged by special or general court-martial. I am astonished that someone with a BCD could enlist again at all, let alone so soon after conviction. What did he do to earn a BCD?

Mark

NAVY Bad Conduct discharge - family rumor has it he hit an officer (in time of war) off base with a bottle of liquor because the officer was messing with Duane's girl friend or lady of the evening.

His birth certificate had been altered by the family to show him to be of legal age to enlist - he was a problem child and the youngest of 3. From a letter written to his mother Thanking her for the $1. and for laudering his clothes which he told her he had outgrown - he states " keep his where-abouts a secret and that this boy was going to make good" leads me to believe that there had been problems at home.

I have been told of the many escapades he pulled as a child - pushing a piano down a flight of stairs at school because he didn't like the teacher in the 2ed grade. Another story regarded this same time span - that he took a baseball bat and broke all of the windows in the school. This sounds like a very troublesome child.

I do not know what problems existed that he was running from at the ripe old age of 17 that would have necessitated changing his birth certificate to read that he had been born in 1924 - the family records read 1925. Supposedly so he could enlist.

As for the ARMY - I understand he commandered an officer's jeep for a joy ride. These things come from my own research and locating family member I had never met. Those dealing with the service are documented in his records.

PHOTO - MADE IN 1968 - LOCATION UNKNOW. Was taken after his release from Jefferson City Federal Prison in Mo. Sentence was Commuted. QUESTION - WOULD HE NOT HAVE BEEN ON PAROLE?

Note the salt and pepper hair yet in 1971 it has been dyed a very dark brown and slicked down.

Guys and Gals - give me some feed back on the panoramic. Note the composites have some fade to them and one of them the computer enhanced to show too dark.

The composites I posted on the site the FBI sent to me yrs after I first contacted them - NOTE THAT I WENT PULIC WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEEN THE TWO COMPOSITES THAT WERE POSTED.

All I had was the old Bing Crosby look alike and a black and white postage stamp size copy (from a newpaper) of the composites that they finally provided to me. When I opened that envelope - I fell to my knees in my yard. My daughter thought I was having a heart attack. All I could say was LOOK LOOK LOOK and held the composites up to her with trembling hands.
Her response was "He was Cooper". Until that day I think that maybe she didn't belive me.

Hi Joe,

It's obvious the passion you have for this but I think this board may be the wrong place for it. While I see the parachute connection makes this an obvious place most here are too young to get excited about it. It's like asking for fresh information on John Dillinger or Al Capone on a hip-hop gangsta site . . .

Joe, you should put this in front of the world and that means a stand alone website. You'd still only be fishing, but you'd be dropping your hook into a much larger pond. Website names like DBCooper.com, "net" and "info" all seem to be in the hands of cyber squatters but DBCooper.us is an available URL – and would probably get hundreds, and eventually thousands, of times more eyeballs than anything you posted here.

Another thing, Joe, and I'm apologizing in advance for being blunt, but if you want people to take you seriously you should dial down what comes across in your writings as a bit of hysteria and your being too convinced Duane was/is Cooper.

People will be more apt to respond if they think you have more of an open mind. Again, you may not really be that way, but on the internet a book "is" judged by its cover and you need someone to filter your passion for public consumption.

I would think, compared to the rest of the Cooper websites that already exist, yours would be of more interest than most if it was presented correctly. And I'm sure there is some tech savvy person out there who'd love to sink their teeth into this – but you limiting yourself by trying to find that person on DZ.com.

Once the natural lifespan of DB Cooper passes, which is right about now, the whole thing will morph from fact into legend. So, for your sake, the time to act is now. And either Duane was Cooper or he wasn't. And the way to go about it is, if you find out he was, you win, and if you find out he wasn't, you win too. There's no third way to look at it.

Good luck, Joe . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Again thanks for your suggestion about a web site:

Everytime I plug D. B. Cooper into the search engines I come up with a lot of junk sites and blogs. What you do not realize is that I have gleaned a lot of information - by private email from people who do not want to participate on line

I would never have found these people if it had not been for this site.

I have a few more photos to scan and post then I will wait for private messages - like some of the leads I have recieved already.

I will answer questions and would like answers to some of the questions I have already asked such as survival of the jump with weather conditions as POSTED not by the FBI, but by the actual weather report.

Remember ALL I am asking is for your help getting the information to the OLD TIMERS who are not computer savy....by way of meetings and any other means you have.

This is why I at DropZone History and Trivia.

I am open to options about Cooper, and I check-out each one diligently....go back and read the thread from beginning to end and then judge me not. Help Me.

Jo, you have my interest, I have just read all 6 pages and looked at all of the photos. I will continue to follow your thread. I wish you good luck on your search. There are no really old times here that I am familiar with to ask, but I will keep your plea for help in mind if I ever come across an old timer.

Your husband passed in 1995? His skyjacking was in 1971? That was a long time ago; I have a few questions for you?

You were married in 1978? You said 17 years of marriage. I deduce.

The photo you referred to with his leg seeming to be bent backwards... Looks to me like he has on a prostitic, or the photo was taken on a weird angle and the camera didn't capture everything. I say that because the leg looks skinny compared to the other, and the shoe is wrong. I realize you were married at an older age and was a second marriage, so that the reason for my next question, and I don't want to offend you with this but..

Have you ever seen him undressed, did he have a prostitic leg?

I have studied the photos on the panoramic on page 6 and can not see any facial features that would make it hard for a sketch artist to reproduce. Except for the older on in black and white.. His face seems distorted slightly on his left side, or kind of like your reflection through one of those fun house mirrors. Is that it?

You wrote that if you knew for sure you would have his remains something or other. Did you have him creamated?

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

("The photo you referred to with his leg seeming to be bent backwards... Looks to me like he has on a prostitic, or the photo was taken on a weird angle and the camera didn't capture" )

Nelkel,

He had a slight backward knee syndrome - at least that is what I have been told it was called. This did not affect the functions of his legs nor did it keep him from joining the armed forces twice.

Those photos are the only ones I could find from that time span of his life 1970 and 1971. I realize that the quality of the prints are poor.

The main point I am trying to make with the two standing photos - is the drastic change in his looks. BK & WHT 1970 looks old - Colored 1971 he has dyed his hair and he looks very different.

November 24, 1971 - Date of Skyjack

The opinion of the forum members is being requested. It was recently suggested to me that I should re-contact Tina Mucklow the stewardess who had the most contact with "Cooper".

The only contact I had with her was 3 yrs ago - she refused to view any photo's. I made a phone call and she called me back then I sent her a letter - a very nice letter without any photos as I felt that it should be her choice. I am not so unkind or abrasive as to inflict the photos on her without her permission.

She was very young and her life has been - a not so normal life because of the "Cooper" thing. She has requested that the FBI not contact her anymore. I was told by the ACTIVE FBI when they - were reviewing Duane's file that they did not know where she was...? (they were abiding by her request I assume).

I found her with the help of one of my un-named angels ( individuals who refuse to give their names but supply me with information that is not readily accessible to me).

She is the only one who is going to have the answers that I need. It was suggest that I should contact her again but in-person, as I come across much more convincing in person and that she will see that this has also destroyed my life and that I need answers.

12 yrs of research and loosing business and relationships - those close friends who know me know that I cannot stop till I die, but know also that I need to enjoy what is left of my life.

This stewardess has the answers if she is willing to talk to me and view the photos that I have never made public and things that I feel he may have said. Phases, movements, actions, habits, wording and a couple of things that I feel he may have said to her.

He knew very well that she might be the last person on the face of this earth that he would ever see. I do truly believe that something was said that was profound on his part - she was such a young girl to carry the burden this has created.

I would also like to have my life back or what is left of it. I know it is a choice - my choice as I have to know the truth even if I can never speak of the truth.
We make choices in life - I just can't walk away from this until I have the truth - and for the FBI to FINISH it's investigation.

I do very much need for her to look me in the eyes and talk to me. She is not the only one whose life Duane changed - she is not the only one who hurts - my heart aches with the memory of all that I have found out about the man I was married to....I need to know that these 12 yrs of research and my 17 yrs of marriage to this man were not totally invain.

I am not sure I can handle the pain of NOT knowing much longer.

Airtwardo says:
B|

Imagine being married to someone that you 'thought' you knew and were close to, living a 'normal' life....then your mate takes ill and passes.

You begin doing some basic research to find out just how much of, that part of, YOUR LIFE may have been a lie, the deeper you dig the more you come to understand that pretty much your entire life, for that period of time anyway....

...could have been a sham, or at least not what you were led to believe, by the person you most trusted.

Wouldn't you too want to know the TRUTH about YOUR life?

The D.B. Cooper that WE turned into a folklore anti-hero may have been the guy this woman gave her heart to under false pretences. Jo Weber didn't even know who D.B. Cooper WAS when her husband claimed to be him...If anyone has a interest in knowing the truth...SHE DOES.

:)To All the Guys and Dolls (old and young), who have taken the time to stop by and give me a helping hand or encouragement or just a good dose of Reality.......Thank You.

I received several suggestions by email to contact a certain person named Ralph with a 503 area code. Can anyone verifiy that the phone number is correct? Perhaps there was a problem with the circuits.

Since there have been so many telling me to contact this person I now feel compelled to try and contact him again.

It is my intention to contact several politicians - with photos and a letter asking for help in getting the FBI to check-out certain things that I have repetively ask of them. I expect them to just toss my mail and request - may be money and time ill spent.

I have never been able to find out where the other attendant is living. Her name was Florence Shaffner at the time, but that has changed. Although she has according to articles identifies a couple of others as being Cooper, I still want to talk to her. Talking to someone who might actually know the person and be able to relate characterists that can not be put into a composite and with actual photos of a suspect - is a bird of a different color.

Does anyone know where I might locate Florence Shaffner?

>>I have never been able to find out where the other attendant is living. Her name was Florence Shaffner<<

Here's a lead, Joe;

http://www.bonesville.net/Articles/RonCherubini/PirateTimeMachine/2002/051202_George_Wheeler.htm

I found this in 2-seconds by searching with Google for "Florence Shaffner flight attendant"

Look toward the bottom of the article . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I followed that lead which is 5 yrs old. It took me to two phone numbers - one of which is no longer in service and the other number claimed no knowledge of the parties I asked for.

A young man contacted me from Texas - and something he said to me regarding the "Norjax" book that he was reading - was exactly what I felt when viewing a picture of the plane while it was on the ground. This triggered a memory that I may never have told anyone before regarding the Sentimental Journey Duane and I went on in 1979 only 4 months prior to the money being found on the banks of the Columbia - another place we went on that trip among many others.

He was showing me around Seattle (no map needed) and he said he was going to take a short cut - this short cut went behind the airport and there was this Tall fence...he noted that some thing had changed but did not mention Cooper -. Now I know why he took me to that area - that is where the plane was taxied to. I thought this little detour was strange and NOW I know why.

:)interesting conversations and know not where these conversations are going, but I have been busy researching new information. Sorry I haven't scanned the rest of the photos and downloaded them, but would like some feed back on the ones already posted.

;)You guys are helping me solve this - I feel I am Closer than I have ever been. Due diligence - putting the truth to work - and never giving up even when the odds are against you - demanding unrelentlessly that the truth be told. This has been the my life since May 24 1966 - one yr and 2 months after Duane died. 12 yrs of pounding the pavement is starting to pay off.

:ph34r:Some of the things I have kept confidential are now coming to light. Why are things being kept secret in a crime that is 35 yrs old - why would our government allow this? This does not require an answer.

:)request from NBC regarding a show to be done on "COOPER".

[:/]Some of you have seen the documentaries and news clips from the past - I do not interview well and they only use about 2 or 3 minutes of 4 hrs plus taping. It is also very stressful - with the health of my spouse and myself I am not sure what I am going to do.

;)I want to suggest that they show photo's of Duane and Cooper. Like the panoramic that I posted and the two standing photos (showing the drastic difference in his appearance in 1 yr). That I put a story with each photo. This would be much better for me under the present circumstances and I think the photo's will say it all.

Bear in mind that there will be a few photo's that have never been seen by the public. One of these photo's presents a puzzle or several clues.

B| P.S. If they can arrange a meeting with Tina and Florence (both of the attendants - I would jump - NOT out of a plane, but at the chance.)

What do you guys think?????

Made a serious error on date:

"You guys are helping me solve this - I feel I am Closer than I have ever been. Due diligence - putting the truth to work - and never giving up even when the odds are against you - demanding unrelentlessly that the truth be told. This has been the my life since May 24 1966 (should be 1996) - one yr and 2 months after Duane died. 12 yrs of pounding the pavement is starting to pay off."

ERROR:Sorry, I made a boo-boo. It shoud be "this has been my life since May 24 1996 - one yr and 2 months after Duane died.

PHOTO CLUES - BE SURE TO LOOK HARD AT THIS PHOTO- FIND THE CLUES - glasses, brief case and 2 door green chevy (it appears tan because of the sun, but look at the sides). The woman's face has been rubbed out to protect her idenity. The photo was made in 1971.

The green Chevy - is not significant to the Cooper Caper, but I am making note in this forum for my own reasons.

she said the car was not significant... but damned if I can figure out what the clues are...

hmmm was the briefcase full of cash? :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban