skyjack71

Re: [BIGUN] Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco

Mr.Eco mentioned a diver number 92 by the name of Claudia Webber N.C. Do any of you have the accessibility to find out who this man was. He was listing divers from the 60's/70's and this is why I am here for the duration. Claudia Webber
This is a name that Duane L. Weber AKA DB Cooper used during his criminal yrs. Since he was known to use variation of Webber and the fact that is father's name was Claudia and other identification I have in my possession also uses Claude and Claudia. Also known as John Claudia Collins, John C. Collins, Dwayne Webber, Wayne Weber and the list goes on.

I know he was in North Carolina and South Carolina during the yrs 1968 thru 1971 off and on. Lived in Columbia for sometime.

Frequented piano bars or any place that would let him sing. Had a voice like Englebert Humperdink and sang the following songs.SanFrancisco and You'll never know, were his favorites if the piano player could play them.

Please see if you can help me. You guys have access to more than I do. The FBI has just sat on it hauches and also took credit (on a TV program) for reseach and information that I and a news journalist provided to them.

They retrived DNA from me in March of 2003, but I have not heard anything and they never returned the item. I was not foolish enough to give them all that I had.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

umm..."they retrieved DNA from me"... do you mean your DNA (it wouldnt match you know) or some of his DNA?

"They retrieved DNA from me in March of 2003, but I have not heard anything and they never returned the item."

No, they came 'TO' her to get some of 'HIS' DNA...

As in like from an old hairbrush.

I've been conversing with Skyjack71 at length and in great detail...
and to put any skepticsim to rest, it REALLY IS Jo Weber, the woman who's husband at the time made a 'deathbed' confession about being D.B. Cooper.

She didn't even KNOW who D.B. Cooper was at the time, started doing some reseach on Duane Weber and his 'past', and like peeling an onion....the more layers she goes in, the stronger the smell!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Mr.Eco mentioned a diver number 92 by the name of Claudia Webber N.C. .... (rest deleted by me)

I just want to point out that the name for #92 on the list is Claude A. Webber not "Claudia". Just doing this for accuracy, I certainly see your point and the connection.

Claud Webber D-92 was killed in a auto accident in Ft.Lauderdale,fl. around 1976/78.Was a chopper pilot in the Army and also the CIA.

POP

So I guess Richard McCoy can go back to being Cooper then.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I am waiting for some more information regarding this Claude Webber before I move on.

Richard McCoy was not in WA or OR nor accessible for the skyjack as has been tooted by a certain ex-fbi agent trying to sell a book. There is documentation to this in the FBI files. Ever wonder how McCoy's wife sued the author of that book and won out of court? Because the ex-agent couldn't prove it!

Thank all of you for your help in my quest for the truth.

I am waiting for some more information regarding this Claude Webber before I move on.

Richard McCoy was not in WA or OR nor accessible for the skyjack as has been tooted by a certain ex-fbi agent trying to sell a book.
----------------------------------------------------------

And what would be your motivation ? Your book?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I am not a writer - I have tried. I don't know were to start - even took classes. At my age and with my health - I will settle for THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. I also believe that IF YOU DO THE CRIME YOU DO THE TIME. I am not at this site to debate McCoy, only to find information regarding skyjumping and information regarding the past of one Duane L. Weber.

Another story from Dr. Eco. Might ought to be posted to the "What do you want done with your body after you die" thread that's going on in Bonfire right now, too.

Question: What happened to D-89, Dr. Edward D. Fitch. Does anyone know his email address. Is he still alive, practicing in Houston, etc? He was a surgeon of some type

The Response: A Composite from Norman Heaton (D-565) and Pat Works

Richard: We've not met but we've heard of you. In answer to your query, we sorry to tell you that Ed is dead and was buried at sea a long time ago. Dr. Fitch died in 1973 from liver-hepatitis that he contacted from a patient. He was a thoracic surgeon, one of the best known in the Southwest. He was also a director on three Houston area hospitals.

Doc Fitch had a long illness so it took awhile for him to pass. He knew it was going to be fatal. Doc Anagnostis and G. Sage were Ed's very close jumper friends and visited with him in the hospital before the end to settle the details. Ed wanted his body to be wrapped in sail canvas and buried at sea. Ed signed his own body-release papers prior to the end to facilitate their plan.

Upon his death, Lenny Potts and George Sage arrived at the hospital in George's station wagon and using that paperwork, checked Dr. Fitch's body out and carted him off. They did not have any sail canvas so they put him in a U.S. mail sack with some weights and drove the package to the airport that night. For a burial ship, they used Doc Anagnostis' jump Cessna. After loading Ed up, all three flew out over the Gulf with a bottle of Scotch. They split the bottle 3-ways. In a series of toasts, Lenny and George toasted and drank their share and then they poured the last 1/3 of the Scotch on Ed. They then rolled Ed body out the door for his last freefall.

Upon returning to the airport the FAA quizzed Lenny and George about the flight as radar had detected something being dropped from an airplane (probably thinking it was a drug operation). Nothing further came of the incident to my knowledge.

Lenney related this story to the USPA Board of Directors in 1973 in California just a few months after Fitch's passing.

Contributed by: Norman Heaton (D-565) and Pat Works

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Does anybody know if Ed Dougherty(sp?) of Wisconsin was in on the burial at sea for Doc Fitch?
I heard a similar story from him many years ago before he crashed his 182 just outside of Wilkes-Barre Airport in Pennsylvania on his way to an interview for, I think, a position as a police academy instructor in New York.

I remember they used a few engine cylinders for the weights and Ed said his body really stunk, as was to be expected. He claimed they almost had to steal the body because the Houston area undertakers were salivating for the expected income off a big funeral from the old "Doc's" estate.

Now that I think a little more about it, maybe Ed was telling the story in the third person.
Any follow ups?
Maybe Ed was just embellishing the story a little?
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I remember the part about weighting him down with tha engine cylinders. They were from an airplane engine that Ed Fitch had worked on, according to Doc Anagnostos, who told me the story. This was a couple of years before my time. I made my first jump from Doc's C-180 a little while after that all happened. Sorry I never met Doc Fitch.

Kevin

A variation of the story I heard from Jack Bergman was that the State of Texas wanted to try them for body-snatching, the Texas Morturary Association went after them for an illegal burial at sea, while the Environmental Protection Agency was determined to file charges for polluting the Gulf of Mexico with a body bearing a contagious disease. Nobody admitted nuthin' and the evidence had disappeared, leaving the complainants no case to prosecute.
Hoop