lisamariewillbe

I met a old timer...

One jump with people trying to shoot you out of the sky is ALOT!

I agree... He still hasnt taken me up on visiting the DZ. Ill see him on Sunda. At the very least I want to hear stories. I gave him a DVD of modern skydiving last time i saw him as well as printed this thread out for him. I think he got a kick out of them. :)
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Folks, I need your help. I need to find out about skyjumpers in Georgia and S.C. and AL in 1968-1971. My handle tells the story - I am a 66 yrr old widow of a man who claimed he was D.B.Cooper or as he put it Dan Cooper. I have no knowledge of skyjumping, but when we were in Colorado we went into the mountains and there were jumpers jumping off of the cliffs - I don't remember what it was called, but that is not important. What is important is that he told me everything that they were doing and why they were doing it - this was in 1978 or 1979 and he was over a 50 yrs of age at that time.
It was not until his deathbed confession that I understood why he knew all of this. Now after 12 yrs of research I hope I have found the place that can help me. I am not sure where he learned to skydive, but he did - he kept something called a D-ring which was bought off of me at a garage sale after he died and the man paid me a quarter for it and told me what it was...I didn't know the significance of the item because I did not understand what he was trying to tell me in 1996 when he die nor did I know who Dan Cooper was.

The purpose of this post is HOW DO I FIND RECORDS OF JUMPERS FROM THAT TIME FRAME IN THOSE AREAS AND/OR PHOTOS OF JUMPERS FROM 1968 TO 1971? Can anyone help me? The FBI has not been of any help at all although they did take his DNA almost 4 yrs (MARCH OF 2003) ago after I had gone public, just to keep me quiet.

My old puter crashed and I am having the photos pulled off next wk. I would like to circulate the photos of him from various times in his life to skyjumpers to see if anyone can recognize this man.

My research of 10 feet deep is detailed and does everything except put him in a parachute. This is the one thing that will end this. This man I was married to for 17 yrs had been in 6 federal prisons in 7 states for a total of almost 17 yrs before I met and married him. I did not know of his criminal past and we had a good marriage.

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME.

I live in Helena, Mt. The home of Fort Harrison. In the early 40's The First Special Forces Unit tained there for battle in Germany. The Germans dubbed them "The Devils Brigade." There is a film done for PBS that follows thier training. Very interesting and informative. The film is entitled To Helena And Back. You can get a copy of this film by writing to
Ray Ekness
KUFM-TV PARTV 180
University Of Montana
Missoula, Mt. 59812

Or call 406-243-4101

The film is old B&W footage of actual training jumps and day to day exploits the the men. Also more recent interviews with some of the surviving members. It may answere some questions for you and show some of what the man you met may have faced in training and beyond. Who knows, maybe he was one of the Devils Brigade. I also think it would be cool for you to take him to the DZ, and even cooler for him to do a tandem if he chooses. Good Luck.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Besides skydiving I jump with the WWII Airborne Demonstration team.

Please give my best to Roger and Richard. Give JP some shit for me about his skydiving-related dislocated shoulder. :D

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.