BIGUN

Skydiving History - by Dr. Eco

Hi Richard,
Good to hear from you. I'm sure we did jump together, I was all over Calif also. I lost my log book also, third divorce hassle. Been married 23 years now though, going great. Apx 65 or 66 I slowed down a lot on jumping. I went back to flying, bought a T6, used to fly to the drop zones, made a few jumps. Then I built a Midget Mustang flew it to the drop zones, then a Howard, just a family plane. I'm still flying, in between planes now, may build one. I spoke to John De Santis the other day. He's still going at it. Regards, Jack D84 602-516-0362 [email protected]

Jack: I found one of my old log books and there are the following Jack Cupp Signoffs for DrEco aka DrEcon D115 aka
Richard Economy

June 30 1962 @ Piru. Jack Cupp D84 Signature on 3 jumps

Dec 30, 1962 @ Lancaster Jack Cupp D84 Signature on two Jumps. Also some Muriel Simbro D78 signoffs. Muriel Jean Simbro was the wife of Hank Simbro D-63
I still looking for my other log books.

[email protected] &
[email protected]

D 226 Dick Enarson died of cancer in 1/07. Remained an active pilot instructor until then.

D 250 Brian McNamara, Minister; last saw him around 1999

D 45 Bob Skinner; last saw him in Reno NV around 1999

D 51 Perry Stevens; last saw him when he retired, sold the Antioch DZ & got in his mobile home & hit the road with his wife.

Hi Don,

My first jump instructor signed my logbook: "Ed Duncan, C201, D53" at Elsinore, CA on June 23, 1963. The list of D license holders shown in this thread has two "Edmond C. Duncan"s, one from TX (D-37) and one from CA (D-53).

I'm just wondering if there are actually two "Edmond C. Duncan"s in the under-100 D licenses. I've never seen a conversation discussing this coincidence or distinguishing one person from the other.

Do you happen to know if your Ed Duncan worked at Elsinore in 1963? Or if he practiced for the first six-man at Arvin, CA in August of 1964?

Thanks,
Al Paradowski SCR 002

D-51, Perry Stevens, now lives in either Green Valley or Grass Valley in northern California. I just saw him at the Northern California Skydivers Reunion back in October. He looks pretty good, except for the eye he lost in an accident with a lawnmower.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Murphy's Law in action. Yep he lost his eye mowing the lawn
just before he packed up & moved from Antioch. Numerous casts but nothing permanent from all the rigs he designed & test pilot jumped his self.
I read he was recently inducted as a pioneer for his skydiving innovations in the USPA. A most deserved honor!
Very glad to hear he's still kickin!
If by chance you see or are able to contact him, please tell him that Dick's daughter says HELLO

I do believe Perry has a Facebook page. I wasn't aware that the eye thing was before he moved. I didn't notice it at the 2012 reunion but did this time at the 2014 gathering so naturally I assumed that it had happened recently. Yes, you are correct, Perry was honored for his contributions, especially the reserve static line. He is one of the good ones.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Maybe you can help a history buff who loves the sport and have a tandem jump to his credit.

Looking for any and all information on skydiving champion Judy Simpson, D-334, NY. I saw an article on her back in 1961 or 1962 about her skydiving exploits, including landing on a steer!

Email me if you have any info on her, please. Thanks in advance.