murrays

Who Knows this T-Shirt's Story?

WOW These old guys were GOOD!
I have made a few t shirts for friends and tried to make it so my friends could sell them for extra cash....never worked out.
But I have nothing on these guys!
These guys were and are GOOD!
Here are some of the designs I've put out.
The 269-2 a few here on DZ have and almost every one at my home DZ liked.
The 269-1 is still in the works.
But brother I got nothing on these guys!
The talent is amazing!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Thank you Dave.
The first one is what I'm thinking of getting printed for this year. Though we are thinking of having it read DOiOR.
The idea being that the closing pin looks like a cock.
Go figure right?
But the Surrender To Gravity has been very popular and a few people on DZ.com actually have one. Thus far I don't think any one knows that I was the guy who made them. Which is cool. As long as people enjoy them I'm ok with it.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

That's an old Rob Thundercloud design, I used to have one (wore it to death years ago). He produced a slew of different ones for the PVP gear store run by the late [...]

Mick.

I got to wondering about Rob Thundercloud, and found this 2007 posting on a Wooden Boat forum. He sounds like one HELL of a man! (There's more info out there about him.)

Raise a glass to passing of a true warrior. Robert Goingsnake Thundercloud has joined his fellow warriors in the sky.

Rob did four tours in Viet Nam as a member of the United States Marine Corps and is the only man I ever met with a gold cluster on his Purple Heart. He also earned more combat medals than I can count.
When the war was over he had a problem fitting into the peacetime Marines so, as he was a brilliant artist, he went to college, graduated with a degree in art and became the art director for a major manufacturer. All this while serving on the gang unit of the Compton CA Police Department where he was wounded twice in the line of duty. He was the only officer to earn both the Compton PD Medal of Valor and the Medal of Honor since 1921.
Rob was a man of honor and a true friend to those of us who were privileged to know him.

Our country and truly the world is a poorer place without him.
Ann Stephens

The Passing Of Rob Thundercloud

I am very sorry to have to report the passing of Rob Thundercloud. He died early this morning at home, in the arms of his beloved wife, Merrilee. The doctors were never able to determine exactly what was wrong with him.

Merri is so grateful for everyone's prayers and support. For those who want to send a card, her address is 600 Dunn Street, Waxahachie, TX 75165. I think she would love it if you could enclosed a note with some kind of memory of Rob. There will be no service, but she thinks she would like to come out next year for a get-together of Rob's friends (Hello Old Farts!) to share memories and stories.

If you would like to email her, you can do so at mailto:[email protected] .

Rob was such a huge personality. Our lives are all better for having known him.

I still have a Blue Track BT-50 I got from him, complete with a Totenkopf (skull & crossbones) on the underside.

is there any way to get the canopy back to Switzerland ? I would soooo go to his DZ and jump it with him :)Great person :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM