Rambo

bsbd t-shirts

Hi again!

So, you sicko's still want my shirts- Ok, I'll have to figure out something after we get back from summer vacation. The main deal is that these shirts have to be hand screenprinted by me, the artist, here in Sweden or it just ain't the same. Then I can ship over a couple boxes to Square One (I assume) or a good contact who wants to deal with the mail order stuff.

I've done over 100 original skydiving T-shirt designs dating back to 1974, but I think those 2 classics, EFS & BSBD would be a good start. Note: I made some slight improvements on EFS some years back (booties and grips on the jumpsuit) but other then that, those shirts will be exactly the same, printed on Beefy-T type heavy cotton T's. Probably long arm black shirts for EFS like the originals. 6 to 8 color print quality will be a bit better as materials and machines have improved since the early ´80´s.

Black Death shirts: Yeah, there's a fine line there- but there's some real history behind those designs as many of you know, and the message was safety. I could write a book . . .

Anyway, thanks for surviving, it's nice to have a bunch of you guys still around to write to!

Guy

anyone know if the old bsbd shirt with the frap hat, beer swillin' skeleton are available anywhere?
thanks...

Just looked at the jpg further on down, it looks like a
Garry Cobb design from the late eighties.

Mick.

Do you mean the Gary Cobb of backwards CRW fame?
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

wow...I guess I stirred up al ittle interest for these shirts. I would defintely like to get a few if they go to print. Favorite shirt from the old school days. I wore my last one out! I just got to see a lot of old friends and faces at the Batavia boogie this weekend in upstate NY. My head still hurts! Sick twisted freaks unite!
Party On!

I remember doing CRW at the Freaks in probably 86 with a guy docking 8th backwards, but I think he was South African...that was the year they brought the C130 over packed full of crazy ass hard partying south africans.
Party On!

I have another old skool shirt, can't seem to find it, however; it had a Micky Mouse under a seven cell with a beer in one hand and a # in the other, and the caption read "Taken the Edge Off"

Anyone recall that one??

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

but the last I saw one for sale was at Perris like 10 years ago

Remember the Tee that was sold a Perris way back when...In the background was a beautiful Cali sunset...and the clouds if ya looked REAL CLOSE
spelled out EAT FUCK SKYDIVE?B|

I don't know if I had the same one or not, but the one sold at Z-Hills during one of the Turkey meets had that general layout. In fact the shape of the "clouds/letters" was a penis which most people missed until they finally get the letters worked out....

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I remember doing CRW at the Freaks in probably 86 with a guy docking 8th backwards, but I think he was South African...that was the year they brought the C130 over packed full of crazy ass hard partying south africans.

This guy jumped a brown and yellow striped canopy. He moved from So. Cal to Oz around mid 80's.

When I was S&TA at Perris I signed him off for his Pro rating and he did 6 of the 10 landings with his canopy hooked up backwards. I made him do the other 4 with it hooked up right just to see if he could.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

anyone know if the old bsbd shirt with the frap hat, beer swillin' skeleton are available anywhere?
thanks...

Just looked at the jpg further on down, it looks like a
Garry Cobb design from the late eighties.

Mick.

Do you mean the Gary Cobb of backwards CRW fame?

Yup that would be him.

Mick.

Hi again!

So, you sicko's still want my shirts- Ok, I'll have to figure out something after we get back from summer vacation. The main deal is that these shirts have to be hand screenprinted by me, the artist, here in Sweden or it just ain't the same. Then I can ship over a couple boxes to Square One (I assume) or a good contact who wants to deal with the mail order stuff.

I've done over 100 original skydiving T-shirt designs dating back to 1974, but I think those 2 classics, EFS & BSBD would be a good start. Note: I made some slight improvements on EFS some years back (booties and grips on the jumpsuit) but other then that, those shirts will be exactly the same, printed on Beefy-T type heavy cotton T's. Probably long arm black shirts for EFS like the originals. 6 to 8 color print quality will be a bit better as materials and machines have improved since the early ´80´s.

Black Death shirts: Yeah, there's a fine line there- but there's some real history behind those designs as many of you know, and the message was safety. I could write a book . . .

Anyway, thanks for surviving, it's nice to have a bunch of you guys still around to write to!

Guy

I'll take one each EFS and BSBD in medium size and one each in ex-large.

I still have an EFS Tshirt in good shape. Now and then I wear it at the DZ and I usually get a few inquiries as to where to get one.

Guest 1010
I'm a newb and I'm looking forward to buying some good tee-shirts now as well :)

You can have it good, fast, or cheap: pick two.

I'm a newb and I'm looking forward to buying some good tee-shirts now as well :)

Yep me too. I would love to have one of thoughs shirts. Let us know when we can order them.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I have a few of the old Dave Rickerby t-shirts.

A lot of the wall from the old Heads bar still exists in Zhills. It is a biker bar now, but a lot of jumpers hang out there.

A fav story. A girl stopped by the apartment to pick me up to go shoot pool.
"I'm all set, let's go."
"Ummm... as soon as you change that shirt."

I am sure you won't make enough of them for the initail order;). That BSBD Shirt kicks (_*_) over anything I have seen in my short time in the sport.
Only request is that you keep whomever sells them from trying to gouge the people intrested in resurrecting your art. I am all for making a profit (I'm in sales) but if the initial intrest is high someone might get the bright Idea to mark them up 200% instead of a reasonable 40%..

With that I am sure I would be in for at least 6 to give away as presents..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

So... is this really happening? And if so, which ones?

I know a couple of people who'd kill for an EFS shirt :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I think some new themes might be good too. Maybe somebody hooking it in under a hanky size canopy while a Cypres launched reserve p/c is boinging off their back. Or a head down freeflyer stuck in the ground like a fucking lawn dart. Or maybe a hybrid with a grinning skeleton hanging from a separated chest strap, or maybe flying a demonic looking batwing suit. Not to mention a laughing skeletal Tandem Instructor with a screaming student and a skeletal vidiot backflying to capture the sheer horror on a DVD.

This stuff doesn't all have to be old, things are just as scary now as they ever were.

I mean, whaddaya mean that sounds sick ? Of course it's sick, they're all sick. That's why we love them !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Great Ideas!!!

I love the back flying videit skeletal stuff, that is just my style :S

Someone once asked me what I think about when filming a 4 way RW jump...............I said 4 Cypresses that could go off at any second!!!

Something like that would be goul too!!

First lets get the classics back to this new breed!!!

Stay Safe,

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

Rickerby.......was that the same fella that would paint
his designs on folks containers?

Yes. Dave did some really nice work. He painted a lot of pilot chute caps on Racers. I remember the aft bulkhead of Mr. Douglas was a great skydiving scene. He was around as recently as a few years ago, but I haven't heard from him recently.

Kevin