efs4ever

Of Interest to OLD OLD OLD Spaceland Jumpers

I've been out of the sport for 20+ years. I just recently recertified at Spaceland, Rosharon. Coming to this forum is like walking through a time warp. You guys are talking about all the old time jumpers that I learned from and jumped with. I started jumping on Oct 1, 1977 at Spring Creek Parachute Ranch (close to Waller, Tx). One of my first jumpmasters was Laird Cogburn. I often jumped at Spaceland (Dickenson, Tx) from late 70's to early 80's.

I have a few old pictures from that time if you would enjoy looking at them.

The DC3 that you all have referred to (if it was the blue one) was a plane named Skytrain. That plane was brought in often for boogies at Spaceland.

The first pic is of me. It was taken at the Houston Gulf Airport Spaceland in about 82. The man who took it was named Bud Johnson.

The 2nd pic is of myself (red js) Landon Kelsey (white js) and Carl Quafford (black js).

Does any one know these jumpers?

Thanks,
Paul Creel C-13328

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Sorry my pics were to large to upload...so lets try this again.

The first pic is of me. It was taken at the Houston Gulf Airport Spaceland in about 82. The man who took it was named Bud Johnson.

The 2nd pic is of myself (red js) Landon Kelsey (white js) and Carl Quafford (black js).

Does any one know these jumpers?

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Oh my gosh Wendy you knew Landon? Back in the days that he jumped his American flag PC we called him Crash Landon. I still have a pic of his PC somewhere..and also a pic of his SCR ceremony at SCPR.

Of coarse I was forever branded with the nick of PC because of my initials. So what ever happened to Landon? He was one of our 4 way team named volitation.

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

OK guys....I have plenty of photos that I will scan in this weekend.....since it looks like the Denver area is going to get hammered with it's 4th blizzard in 4 weeks:S>:( I should have some time on my hands.I will either put them here or they will be added to my gallery. And yes, some will be pretty scary;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

I'll look Buck I think I have a news paper articial of me and Andy. Interesting, I met Andy when i was a sofmore in highschool. He was called Andy Honda back then cause he had a honda car with a 4 speed on the dash a 600cc motor and a honda 750.I was dateing this girl (thats what it was called back then ) today it would be called hooking up I think. She had a twin sister and this guy took her out, got her totaly drunk, and dumped her on the front lawn, in the middle of the night.
Well it was Andy, and my girl friend asked me if I would go and stomp him for her,
I was a Varsity Noseman and guard at the time and would do that for a small "reward".
Well when I met Andy and heard the story about this girl, jumping in his car, drinking everything he had, as fast as she could, and attemented to sodamize him,I realized it was not his fault (it's why I liked her sister)and dropped it there. 5 years later I run into him again, he had 7 jumps and I had about the same.We spent our student times together,been friends ever since, Hard not to like Andy
I may, if I have some time (and andy says it's ok ) put the story of his last solo 20sec dive on the scarey jump stories thread
and look at Pauls windblast handle. Lando has a plastic r/c too, I think his rig came with a blast
handle.
Maybe Windy could tell us an Andy storie I would like to hear one wouldn't you?

We called him that too. Only his highscholl buddies called him Andy Honda.
This is the beechcraft we jumped that maybe MarkDs back behind Ron Rice the pilot.
For extra points who is this famious 10 way speed star guy in the sunvisor
and just what are those girls doing in his lap

My 1st Static Line...Poteau, OK. Aggie engineered French Papillion configured for S/L, "Fandango" like 1st jump instruction...Instructor/JM....Bill Lee....Anyone know Bill Lee went to Army Airborne School AFTER he had many skydives??? Bill - you and Mark Archer got me started...Thank you SO much.....LAP Austin, TX.

My 1st Static Line...Poteau, OK. Aggie engineered French Papillion configured for S/L, "Fandango" like 1st jump instruction...Instructor/JM....Bill Lee....Anyone know Bill Lee went to Army Airborne School AFTER he had many skydives??? Bill - you and Mark Archer got me started...Thank you SO much.....LAP Austin, TX.

Hey LAP, Welcome aboard. :D

Call me some time.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Thanks Russ....you've been a steady presence in my skydiving history....Thank-you. Took off a couple of years...went to get current 5 weeks ago, stalled my Jonathan, fractured left heel....felt like an idiot. On the mend now, and going back after it. LAP

Hey My Old SPX Friends, I made 2nd static line jump in one day from SPX. Mike Smith was a good instructor that he wrote all over the blackboard to teach me. Because I cant hear the bird's singing . Me Deaf! Thanks Mike.. Now I understood Why the birds singing... : ) I would like to make the annoucments .. Next month the Deaf Skydives Events will be at Spaceland .. Check with us ...www.deafskydivers.org Come and Support us thanks Silent Freefall, Fred

Hey, I know some of those people! I even know who Brandi, (and Charlie and Greta) are. Laird looks familiar too. Turoff? Who's he?

I visited SPX a number of times shortly after getting my AFF rating years ago, to do some AFF and Tandem jumps for them. I wouldn't be OLD OLD by your description but maybe just OLD. But you know that Russell.

Texas was a nice getaway for someone in the St. Louis area in the winter. Nice temperatures.