riggermick

What ever happened to Sammy Ramos?

Used to live in Lancaster, CA, USA. What happened to him, where did he go? Just curious I used to hang out with him in the early eighties. Just wondering what he's up to these days. Hope he is doing well.

Mick.

They revoked his green card.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Yeah, I've often wondered the same thing. When I started out jumping in Dallas, Sammy was jumping at Seagoville then shortly after departed for CA. The first time I ever went to Perris, I knew no one there but Sammy and he got me on some loads I'd never have gotten on otherwise.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

I talked to hi a couple of years ago, saw him at a gas station here in Lancaster, still had that old black Ford. And was still working for GE, GE moved the test faciltiy from Mojave to Victorville so he might have moved out that way, But thats just a guess, he might have even retired by now, He said he wasn't jumping much made a few somewhere in the Mid-West where he started.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

My brother and I were just asking about Sammy ( AKA the mad mexican ) He jumped at skysports in kansas in the late 70s then moved and heard from him now and then and haven,t heard $$#@ from him since , I go to a bluegrass festival in guthrie Oklahoma once a year so I will have to hunt him up .
Thanks all
B.S B.P
Blue skies ! !
Chuck

I'm hurt.......I thought for sure Sammy would reply.....hmmmph.....I remember Sammy landing out at Coolidge once and when we went to pick him up he had to cross an arroyo rushing with rain water, he had to carry his gear over his head, we really teased him about the fact he should be used to that. He was a great sport.
Swoopin, my first jump was in Hutch back in 82. Did you know the Hrdlicka bros?