slotperfect

Loy Brydon - D12

Wednesday night I had the pleasure of meeting Loy Brydon, D12, at a Tucson saloon. Loy was one of the original Golden Knights, and held several postions including First Sergeant. He hasn't jumped in about 15 years, but he is in great shape for being 74.

I will certainly bump into him again . . . B|
Arrive Safely

John

When I was 16 in the 60,s I was working as a gass boy, I only had a few jumps, and I was gassing Don Molitors twin beech at Van Nuys airport, Loy Brydon was preparing to jump out of the beech, and I knew he was one of the most famous skydiviers in the world, he was on a bill borad for an ad in times square, in magazines and all that. Well, I couldn't believe it, it was a hot day, he had all his gear on, and he began running around the area doing ballet turns, and singing, at that moment I knew skydivers were different, everybody was laughing and he was putting on a show, 40 years later I an glad to hear he's still kicking, and sky divers are still different.
SCR-21

Loy Brydon... that name brings back memories ... Al Zilk... Jack Ady (still kicking as far as I know...) and others... of The Seattle Skydivers of Snohomish, WA

AZChallenger JFTC99/02 GOFAST300 STILLUV4WAY
"It's nothing 1000 jumps won't cure..."
- Jeff Gorlick, Seattle Sky Divers

Hi Deb,

I got an email from Charlie Markin recently and he said that Jack still shows up now and then.

Of course, with Al gone, he really does not have anyone to BS with. Often, when I would get to Seattle on business I would stop out at Snohomish and BS with Al, and Jack would usually be there.

Jerry

PS) We ain't kids anymore, Deb.

Hi Sparky,

As you well know, I do go back awhile; however, not THAT far back.

Anyone here from Tucson that can go bug him?

Jerry

Maybe I can ask Jerry Bourquin, he was Loy's room mate when they were on the GN together.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals