upndownshop

1st 7 Way over Texas

Yes I know, the grip hasn't been taken, but its the names and license numbers that got my attention.

The next series has the grip taken....trust me it does.

I think only two are still alive???

The photo went worldwide starting with the front page of the Dallas Times Herald, all the way to Stars and Stripes. It was picked up on the wire and from what I understand the California jumpers were pissed. They had been doing 8 ways for a year or two, but never got the media's attention. If I understand the stories right that were passed down to me.:S

What altitude would that jump have been made at?

I am constantly amazed at the stuff the "oldies" had to go through to get us to where we are today (and grateful for it). I can't even imagine trying to manouevre in freefall with all that gear and those boots!!!
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

What altitude would that jump have been made at?

I am constantly amazed at the stuff the "oldies" had to go through to get us to where we are today (and grateful for it). I can't even imagine trying to manouevre in freefall with all that gear and those boots!!!

Being that I was 2 weeks away from having my first birthday I am only guessing. As a kid the normal altitude was 7500, with 12,500 being a "special" event. It took like 45 mins to get there.

I was told that they tried that formation a bunch of times and never got it. Ron Cox told me that, that day they drank a bottle of red wine before the jump and got it on the first try!!! I guess they relaxed a bit and it worked.

Which was also strange to me because I never saw my father drink a day in his life.

those were the days