djvelour

Total Jumps Worldwide Yearly

Does anyone know the total number of jumps in the WORLD each year?

How man civilian jumps annually? How many military?

Also does anyone have any longitudinal data...I would love to know how worldwide civilian and military jumping has waxed and waned over the years (and any historical correllations that could be made).

Thanks in advance guys & gals

-ChristianB|

I'm curious, what is your source for this figure? (I'm not being critical, I'm just interested in seeing the source.):)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

What about drug running jumps?

Ive heard they make rigs with 3 rings made of carbon fibre or something, to try and get rid of as much metal as possible to remove any radara echos. Then dump high and float over the border.

Yea, right. Ever hear of AEROSTAT?

AEROSTAT

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi...

I've received some info from Liam McNulty [email protected] about jumps, jumpers and deaths done for the IPF. he has 6.33 million jumps for 2004 reported from 39 countries with an avg of 16 jumps per jumper and 82 fatalities for an average of one per 77,000 jumps and 4,900 jumpers. File is attached.

- he who climbs into a plane and mounts into the blue, then dives to dare the sea of air, has drunk the magic brew

What about drug running jumps?

Ive heard they make rigs with 3 rings made of carbon fibre or something, to try and get rid of as much metal as possible to remove any radara echos. Then dump high and float over the border.

Yea, right. Ever hear of AEROSTAT?

AEROSTAT

Sparky

Wow! interesting, a 12,000 ft mooring cable. I see what they say about restricted zone 2 or 3 miles radius, but what about weekend pilots that don't read maps or use radios? Or are these located in areas where none of those exist?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Wow! interesting, a 12,000 ft mooring cable. I see what they say about restricted zone 2 or 3 miles radius, but what about weekend pilots that don't read maps or use radios? Or are these located in areas where none of those exist?

I have only seen the one a Yuma Proving Grounds. It is in the middle of a MOA, military operating area. A few years ago I was involved in some canopy testing there and we would take off and fly right by it on the way to the drop area. The damn thing is huge. :P

Sparky

IWow! interesting, a 12,000 ft mooring cable. I see what they say about restricted zone 2 or 3 miles radius, but what about weekend pilots that don't read maps or use radios? Or are these located in areas where none of those exist?

Sparky

In between Del Rio and Fort Stockton, TX, there's one right beside of Highway 90. I've got pictures somewhere, and I'll post em if I find em.

I was wondering the same thing. It's a death waiting to happen. I suppose all of the local yokel pilots within 200 miles know about it, though.

https://www.tdcparole.com

It's a death waiting to happen

They are all in restricted air space and anyone that runs into something that big is to fucking dumb to live. :P

For security and safety reasons, the air space around USAF aerostat sites is restricted for a radius of at least two to three statute miles and an altitude up to 15,000 feet.

The current aerostat network consists of two sizes of aerostats (275,000 cubic feet and 420,000 cubic feet) and two varieties of radars. The average aerostat is about two times the size of the Goodyear Blimp, i.e., the 420,000 cubic foot, aerodynamically shaped balloon measures 208 feet long by 65 feet across the hull, with a tip-to-tip tail span of 100 feet.

To further lead this thread on it's Aerostat tangent, I would just like to add that there is one (well, actually two) in the Florida keys. Just outside Sugarloaf.

Here is a list of them.

Sparky

Yuma and Ft Huachuca, Ariz.;
Deming N.M.;
Marfa, Texas;
Eagle Pass, Texas;
Matagorda, Texas;
Rio Grande, Texas;
Morgan City, La.;
Cudjoe Key (2 aerostats operate at Cudjoe Key)
Horseshoe Beach, Fla.;
Lajas, Puerto Rico.